• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Here's what Sakurai says in the 5th part of Iwata asks:

"To fans like these, seeing an individual character in another game, even if they don’t move, makes them really happy."

If he used this excuse to keep Ridley, Krystal, and Geno from becoming playable, I'm going to help Geno blow up Japan...

I noticed that part of the interview too. I really hope Sakurai isn't that dumb. :urg:

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Saw the thing on Brawl Central and to me it looks like Piplup. Also, Geno doesn't strike me as a character whose trophy would be right out in the open and would probably need to be unlocked. Also, if that was Geno trophy's, there's more likely of a chance that it wouldn't look exactly like his original character design because of a strong probability that he'd be an AT and, from what we've seen, nearly all the ATs have updated looks that are comparable to the characters that are actually playable.

*add in* Three days until the universe collapses upon itself. I'm going to Paris this weekend so hopefully I'll have a lot to keep my mind occupied if Brawl's roster does end up being completely God awful.

*yet another add in*

"To fans like these, seeing an individual character in another game, even if they don’t move, makes them really happy."

If he used this excuse to keep Ridley, Krystal, and Geno from becoming playable, I'm going to help Geno blow up Japan...
But seriously...

That's just a horrible, horrible thing to say. And it sort of contradicts his whole "Bet you wish you could play him, huh?" tirade Sakurai used to go on with Assist Trophies.

It's almost like Sakurai is intentionally trying to displease us.

Geno for Brawl, please

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well it's to blurry for me to tell right now with my bad lighting, but if it really is Geno, then that would be shocking wouldn't it? As the trophy is right there, it would obviously mean that he couldn't be playable, since despite Brawl Central's precidence for WW Link (which is flawed as he isn't confirmed) Geno doesn't have a alt form to give. Unless he was totally redesigned ala Pit, and characters like him and Pit did get their old trophies then it'd be possible. (Though why would their old trophies be so common?)

But as to why it would only be that cameo? Why would they take all that effort just for that? Well they did it back in M&L. They could have used a big role for Geno in that game since they got the rights for him, but all he got was a tiny cameo. That could have happened again. It must cost a lot less for that little trophy, and it'd make sense that they'd pay a minimum, since the character itself isn't really profitable. >_>

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to sound like an idoit, but could someone post this screenshot? Any newcomers wil have trouble wading through this tread to find it.

I love ya if ya do! :bee:

Reyairia

Smash Champion

Count me in.

antimatter

Smash Lord
elemental powers, activate! we'll show sakurai not to mess with magic dolls that have the artillery of an army.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I dont post to often or really ever in fact but with time drawing near i just want to say I have been a geno fan for years since about smash on the 64 came out and and would be truly overjoyed if he was playable in this game. ♥♪!? wtf. also by all means tell me before you blow up japan. its where i keep all my stuffs.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
"The number of regular characters is impressive on its own, but the number of characters represented by the Assist Trophies is truly something."

Hmm... <_<

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well it's to blurry for me to tell right now with my bad lighting, but if it really is Geno, then that would be shocking wouldn't it? As the trophy is right there, it would obviously mean that he couldn't be playable, since despite Brawl Central's precidence for WW Link (which is flawed as he isn't confirmed) Geno doesn't have a alt form to give. Unless he was totally redesigned ala Pit, and characters like him and Pit did get their old trophies then it'd be possible. (Though why would their old trophies be so common?)

But as to why it would only be that cameo? Why would they take all that effort just for that? Well they did it back in M&L. They could have used a big role for Geno in that game since they got the rights for him, but all he got was a tiny cameo. That could have happened again. It must cost a lot less for that little trophy, and it'd make sense that they'd pay a minimum, since the character itself isn't really profitable. >_>
*looks at watch*

Wow, I was right when I said that you usually only come once a month and then dash off the next day. :laugh:

Also, as far as we know, Square Enix still owns Geno and with Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, the two directors of SMRPG were directing that game and the person producing it (besides Miyamoto) was a former President of Square Enix. Also, a cameo a cameo and you'd still have to pay the same regardless so... *does this to become 10,000X more intimidating instantly* >_>

Also, why do I get the nagging feeling that you're going to be one of those "LoL, zOmG, i ToLd YoU sO," people if Geno isn't confirmed playable on Thursday? Regardless, the fact that the 35 character roster could be real and that most people are royally pissed about makes the blow that Geno might not be playable less because, if the rumors are true, most people's basic expectations were not met. So, in the end, I give you permission to lawl and make a spectactle of yourself if Geno is indeed just a trophy. I don't do this out of arrogance but rather humbleness because I suppose moments like this will end up being a test of character for all of us. (Despite the possiblity that the roster will be as much of a pleasent surprise as waking up to a zombified Chris Farley taking a dump on your bed...)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno: "Cause if I'm not in...no one is!" It seems that he's right, lawl... >_>
*thinks about it for a moment*

In a horrifically morbid way, that is kind of funny seeing how Krystal, Ridley, Megaman, Isaac, Takamaru, Claus, Midna, etc might not make the cut either. I'm expecting a flood of BS from Sakurai months after Brawl is announced on how "they ran out of time" and "didn't have the man power" to make a more imaganative roster...

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
No kidding... Probably 300 ATs, most of which have updated character designs and their own unique moves, and Sakurai and his staff can't come up with a decent roster? I'd love for someone to explain the logic in that.
To add replay value to the game. I'm sure AT's will have plenty of strategies on how to use them in different ways... <_<

An AT tier list...

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
To add replay value to the game. I'm sure AT's will have plenty of strategies on how to use them in different ways... <_<
Yeah, because you know which helper will come out before you throw the AT... ;)

And 300 Assist Trophies is utopic. I expect 50-60 at best.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, because you know which helper will come out before you throw the AT... ;)

And 300 Assist Trophies is utopic. I expect 50-60 at best.
It's definately more then that because the number we've been shown already exceeds 30 and we still haven't seen any ATs for Donkey Kong, the Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Pikmin, etc not to mention all the little franchises that Nintendo has yet to tip their hat to.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm convinced that the Neogafers didnt play the final version of brawl. They've leaked information before, so why would they give them the full roster if they knew they would leak it?
Sakurai himself said he likes pulling pranks.;)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'm convinced that the Neogafers didnt play the final version of brawl. They've leaked information before, so why would they give them the full roster if they knew they would leak it?
Sakurai himself said he likes pulling pranks.;)
I thought about the same thing a while ago. Maybe we will get these character AND 5-8 "super secret" characters. They simply cannot know about them. And then you cannot even call them liars. ^^

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, we'll all know for sure within this coming week. The problem with all of these theories is that ANY of them could be true unless they are proven false in some way, shape or form.

It is possible that the supposed "35" are merely a representation of the majority of the roster. Just like how it is possible that the entire roster could be a fake.

It could also be spot on.

I'm hoping for one of the former. It wouldn't be a bad roster as long as we knew that it wasn't complete, but seeing as how confident everyone is that it is in fact the roster in its entirety, I'm holding the roster as extremely suspect until I see something that guarantees that it is either true, partly true or down-right false.

Let's all just wait and see. We can't stop the inevitable. All we can do is enjoy what we are given and hope that we have to swallow as little disappointment as possible.

schnible

Smash Rookie
i juste finish to whatch the video whit the supposed geno trophie and i must admit i panic a little bit lol... but hum i look carefullu and there is no yellow and there is some fushia and i KNOW THAT SHE NOY HERE... but the trophie look like razzly in chrono cross so think at an caracter who look like her and that can be that lol...

and hum i don't know why but i can't quote my computer not allow me

leter on the discution someone said that geno not the main caracter of smrpg... i anser to this yes is true but meta knight was only in one game of kirby at one moment... in kirby super star you can play like 5 sotry and he his in only one story and no other game... king dedede was a bad one in a lot of game of kirby but not meta knight... he is in brawl and look cool and he not THAT important... geno the same why would he not be in brawl... lot people want it... he beautiful.. sexy and cool... he have a lot of move and that will be very nice... if sakurai have a REASON to don't put geno in brawl maybe i will panic now lol... but he have ONLY GOOD reason to put him in... maybe like 10 good reason and 0 bad... geno in prepare the beer and the chiken wing cause in 3 or 4 days max we will have a rpoof that he is in brawl and a lot of people will dit of heart attack and japan is safe lol

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
Alright, ***s. Here's definite proof that Geno won't be in Brawl.

How is this proof, you say? Well, in the back, you see Snake and Sonic. Yeah, just Snake and Sonic. Where's the 3rd 3rd party character? There is none.

As for showing "proof," you need to use some common sense. First off, if the game's gonna be released on 3 days, why did they hide just the 3rd 3rd party character? And second, this is definitely real. Look at all the other pictures of the cover.

I can see it now. On January 31, after there is definite evidence that Geno isn't in Brawl, I'll be enjoying your delicious tears flowing out of your rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.

Zezzl

Smash Rookie

How is this proof, you say? Well, in the back, you see Snake and Sonic. Yeah, just Snake and Sonic. Where's the 3rd 3rd party character? There is none.

As for showing "proof," you need to use some common sense. First off, if the game's gonna be released on 3 days, why did they hide just the 3rd 3rd party character? And second, this is definitely real. Look at all the other pictures of the cover.

I can see it now. On January 31, after there is definite evidence that Geno isn't in Brawl, I'll be enjoying your delicious tears flowing out of your rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.
Even though I want another Third Party Character *cough*Rayman*cough* I just Hope to Hell that Geno isnt in, Hes a Puppet for Christs Sake!

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice

How sad are you that you have to flame a character? PRET-ty sad I must say.

And since when does the smash cases reveal secrets?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Luigi isnt in the cover.
Luigi De-confirmed!!!!!!!11one

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Geno sucks because he's a puppet? Than every character in Brawl must suck because they're all trophies. And about the Boxart: Snake is on the left, Sonic on the right. So there simply isn't any side left for a third one. :p

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Besides, what would there be to gain by putting him on the cover?

Snake and Sonic are bringing in some numbers. Their still hit characters that have recent, big releases (or big flops, in Sonic's case). There's definately a reason for those two to be advertised on the box.

Geno, if he's even in the game, would be better suited as a hidden, secret character, because the surprise is much more worth it than having a face on the box that most people won't recognize.

I'm not saying that Geno's going to make it (even if I hope he does). I just wanted to point out that you're so-called "proof" is not without its flaws.

D

Deleted member

What a stupid logic. The reason that Snake and Sonic are there is because we know about them already. There could be one more third party, I suspect Megaman. Geno wouldn't count as a third party character anyways. He is 100% Mario character and he will have the Mushroom logo.

You fail.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Guys, do you SERIOUSLY think cover art destroys a characters chances? Is Sakurai not entitled to hide a third party character, to save SOME element of surprise for the game?

Here's some food for thought.
Sonic was revealed October 10, 2007; now, Sonic was a HUGE hype getter, very possibly the biggest character to generate hype for Brawl, in my opinion I would've released him far more later, but Sakurai has to have something up his sleeve. There's no way he's revealed all his secrets and surprises by now.

Top Bottom