• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I just read this post in another topic, and since I didn't want to go off topic, I figured I'd bring it here.

Did anyone hear of Sakurai going to Square and being turned down, and saying that Geno wasn't brawl material in a press conference?

I figure if something like that even happened, it'd have been mentioned somewhere in this topic, and while I haven't read the whole thing, I haven't seen it mentioned at all in the parts I have read.

So does anyone have an input to confirm or to call bull on those statements?
:mad:
I'd like to see these links or newspapers or w/e, if it's true I willl throw rocks at SE's building

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I'm sorry guys I put in the wrong link XD I was multitasking with showing my friend the picture of Snake D:

This was the post I meant to show D:!

I'm sorry about that XD I'll fix my other post D:

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
What do you mean by power level?

and Machspeed is correct about the musican theory, it proves nothing.

So what I said previous is moot and just idle chit chat to kill time and to argue with you or the person who started the conversation previously.
It was a " it's over 9000" joke. :laugh:

And I say that that rumor about Square turning down Sakurai sounds false.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I just read this post in another topic, and since I didn't want to go off topic, I figured I'd bring it here.

Did anyone hear of Sakurai going to Square and being turned down, and saying that Geno wasn't brawl material in a press conference?

I figure if something like that even happened, it'd have been mentioned somewhere in this topic, and while I haven't read the whole thing, I haven't seen it mentioned at all in the parts I have read.

So does anyone have an input to confirm or to call bull on those statements?
Extremely improbable. IMO, Geno will not be a playable character, but not for that reason. Sakurai will judge him as a worthless addition.

If, however, Sakurai likes Geno, then he is confirmed. Square can't really refuse, especially considering they've accepted once.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
theres no legit source. That guy could just be making it up.
That's what I figured, but I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything about it :p I figured, on the off chance that it was true, at least someone here would know something about it :]

But if no one knows anything, that's good enough for me :]

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Extremely improbable. IMO, Geno will not be a playable character, but not for that reason. Sakurai will judge him as a not clone and unique addition.

However, Sakurai likes/has Geno's interest, then he is confirmed. Square can't really refuse, especially considering they've accepted once.
Accepted what once?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How can you say Sakurai is keeping SMRPG a secret? How can you say he intends to put any of the music in at all? Is it because you think it will work out like that old hidden Sonic coposer thing? Because that didn't pan out at all. We've got Sonic music, and the person who had previously worked on it, wasn't involved at all. =/
Why must I repeat myself? This is probably the third time I've had to correct you concerning this. The song "Live and Learn" from Sonic Adventure 2 is in Brawl in its original form. Tomoko Sasaki (who's credited with "NIGHTS") composed the music for that game. Yuzo Koshiro composed the music for the original Sonic the Hedgehog so you'd have to be crazy to think that none of those tunes will be used in Brawl.

Why not Street Fighter though? Yoko worked on that. Why not the M&L games? Heck, the real reason she was probably listed under KH, was because its her most well known work, and not a distraction. (lol Hikari)
First off, Yoko did the music for a single Street Fighter title and it's laughable to say that the music from that particular game is memorable enough to be included in Brawl. "What about the X game tunnel theme then?" That's actually owned by Nintendo.

Second, from what we've seen, the most memorable music pieces are being put in Brawl. I want you to go to You Tube and look at the number of views that Rawest Forest has and then I want you to go to Newgrounds and count all the downloads of all the various "Forest Maze" remixes there have been. Off the top of your head, are there really any music pieces from either Mario and Luigi game that really stick out in your head? I only remember the main themes for both games and I've played through both of them multiple times. There's also the fact that it was the only Mario theme that was requested in the 290 entries in Sakurai's journal.

Third, think about what I said in the first comment. Who isn't familar with at least one theme from the original Sonic the Hedgehog? Yuzo Koshiro is noted for Act Raiser and the original Streets of Rage on the Dojo page though. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd? Which do you think sold more? Sonic Adventure 2 or NiGHTS? Why is Tomoko Sasaki listed under NiGHTS then? There's one composer on there that has done the music for several Megaman games and another who has done the music for the "Tales of" franchise since it's creation. Sakurai comes right out and says what games first and second party composers have done but usually goes for the more obscure titles for the ones that are third party/ free lance composers. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Cless

Smash Champion
I really hope that a Tales character is in. I noticed Motoi Sakuraba since the first day Sakurai put up composers, but in the end, it still doesn't confirm much. Just massive speculation.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I really hope that a Tales character is in. I noticed Motoi Sakuraba since the first day Sakurai put up composers, but in the end, it still doesn't confirm much. Just massive speculation.
I wouldn't mind it either, probably my favorite RPG series.

Hopefully this composer business can lead us somewhere.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I do want Geno in Brawl, I am a Big supporter. I will be VERY dissepionted if Geno is not Brawl, so add me to the Lover list!
Oh, and BTW, the Dragoon Update gave me a cool Idea about Geno's final smash.
(Very Detailed)
Geno Flash- geno Tranforms into a cannon, then flies toward the Screen. Like the Dragoon, you get an aimer that will fire if you press the eqivalet of the B Button. IT will fire Automatically after 10 ses. You scroll around, when you fire, the foe will get a warning because there is about a half second before the explosion. The explosion is a Circle that probportionally matches the area, taking up 1/3 the screen. If it hirs right on the center, it does 150% damage and its pretty much an instant KO, the farther away you are from the center, the less damage you take. The Blast laster for a total of 3 Seconds. As the shot fires, Geno comes back to the screen, transforming back into normal him from a cannon, which takes 6 Seconds, so if anyone can aviod the shot, Geno takes tons of flinchless damage.

Yes, its like avoidind the Zero Lazer then just ending up getting attacked from behind from a bad fire.
Cool, huh?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
But it's like the only real leads we have. The composer stuff. Ya know I'd like something more reassuring than just this before I can for sure 100 % say that Geno will appear before us all in Brawl. That or some other cool character that has ties with the music composers.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I do want Geno in Brawl, I am a Big supporter. I will be VERY dissepionted if Geno is not Brawl, so add me to the Lover list!
Oh, and BTW, the Dragoon Update gave me a cool Idea about Geno's final smash.
(Very Detailed)
Geno Flash- geno Tranforms into a cannon, then flies toward the Screen. Like the Dragoon, you get an aimer that will fire if you press the eqivalet of the B Button. IT will fire Automatically after 10 ses. You scroll around, when you fire, the foe will get a warning because there is about a half second before the explosion. The explosion is a Circle that probportionally matches the area, taking up 1/3 the screen. If it hirs right on the center, it does 150% damage and its pretty much an instant KO, the farther away you are from the center, the less damage you take. The Blast laster for a total of 3 Seconds. As the shot fires, Geno comes back to the screen, transforming back into normal him from a cannon, which takes 6 Seconds, so if anyone can aviod the shot, Geno takes tons of flinchless damage.

Yes, its like avoidind the Zero Lazer then just ending up getting attacked from behind from a bad fire.
Cool, huh?
thats interesting, but how does he go from the stage to off screen to aim mode?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But in the end, it makes you wonder why certain third party games/franchises were entirelly neglected while Sakurai hit the nail on the head for the first and second party games/franchises.

*add in* You also have to wonder why Sakurai said it was "risky" to reveal the composers unless researching some of them really did bring things up.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
Hey I'm not really a Geno Fan, mainly cause i think he looks ridiculous, but I'm open to his inclusion. I looked at the move set flash and it looks unrealistic, like all he's doing is using star power ( i suppose) and shooting limbs out. I don't get how the limbs thing could work effectively. You'd have mad lag time reloading another pair of arms, plus no smashes have ever shot projectiles. It just seems wrong. Could some one please explain to me how he'd be incorporated into smash with being cheap or ****ty?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey I'm not really a Geno Fan, mainly cause i think he looks ridiculous, but I'm open to his inclusion. I looked at the move set flash and it looks unrealistic, like all he's doing is using star power ( i suppose) and shooting limbs out. I don't get how the limbs thing could work effectively. You'd have mad lag time reloading another pair of arms, plus no smashes have ever shot projectiles. It just seems wrong. Could some one please explain to me how he'd be incorporated into smash with being cheap or ****ty?
I think you answered your own question when you said that no smashes have ever shot out projectiles. Yep that's right, Geno would be completely original and unorthodox. Don't know about you but any doll that can use there limbs as firearms and turn into them are full of so much win it's scary.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
With such a post, are you asking to be flamed?
If you've played the SMRPG, he already has his moves laid out for him. It's not a matter of him being cheap or nothing.

He's a doll with detachable limbs which come back, he would've have much lag or anything. You need to read more of the first post in-depth.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:ohwell:
well, most of those thing would most likly be B moves and i would think that the only limb shooting move he'd have is his nspecial and it would invovle his fingers, which would work like shieks nspeacial, the rest could be star power moves

Enigma14

Smash Champion
:ohwell:

well, most of those thing would most likly be B moves and i would think that the only limb shooting move he'd have is his nspecial and it would invovle his fingers, which would work like shieks nspeacial, the rest could be star power moves
A foward rocket punch (elbows to hands disconnect)
A down does Geno Rocket Shoes! (Feet disconnect)

FS: GENO FLASH! (Turns into a cannon)

Not all his moves will involve stars

Offically I hate the flash on newgrounds depicting his moves, I got a better set around here somewhere but yeah

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
omfg!!
I know that im right!
There will never be a Geno update, he will be confirmed by japan that hes an assist trophy.
I'll put 100$ on it!
anyone>?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
omfg!!
I know that im right!
There will never be a Geno update, he will be confirmed by japan that hes an assist trophy.
I'll put 100$ on it!
anyone>?
Beat you to it. I already bet a Benjamin F. that he'd be confirmed on New Years as a playable mind you, but seeing how the peoples on the board told me Sakurai was taking a break.....*whistles*

Edit: Who's Underdunk? What sketch and what moveset? Is it covered under all of these posts?

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I'm going to be honest, when I first say the official picture of Geno, I thought that he looked stupid. But when I played Super Mario RPG, I loved him; he was my favorite character in the game.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm going to be honest, when I first say the official picture of Geno, I thought that he looked stupid. But when I played Super Mario RPG, I loved him; he was my favorite character in the game.
In your earlier post u said something bout a power level, thats that about?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Give Him Kneecaps! >.<

But the comic is funny XD

It could also be done with Bowser too

Top Bottom