• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Critique Thread

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
CRITIQUES PLEASE

crews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sogh7jnMqE me 3 stocks him 1 stock me vs DP(mk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycRqzPUIjQ me 3 him 3 . me vs catnip(mk) he CPed battlefield.

MMs and friendlies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjgcP99huk vs sleeh(olimar)
I need serious help in this MU, no idea what I'm doing.
Also I realize that I side B into the middle of the stage at the worst times possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACbpC8PBSc vs Sean(mk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIuGoDRpwIs MM vs catnip(mk)

CRITIQUES PLEASE

Zanthos25

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ekqjBQLfJs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8aDIkTrJbw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T646r0rjYck&feature=related

I just switched to Falco recently, at the moment these are my only vids up but I'll be getting more as I attend tournaments and what not but any help is appreciated. thx

I was quite impressed R@vyn, you really used all of Falco's tools against that Snake, good off stage game, and pursuing him during recovery. Also like your juggling game, very nice overall.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I used to play falco back in 2008 and a little bit in 2009
but I quit him for Lucario, then MK, then Diddy, but I've realized those were mistakes

Please critique my Falco and help me get back to my former status;

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=61B2546E7DB5213E

those are 9 videos
8 vs Snake and 1 vs MK
in chronological order, so you can see the progression of my Falco's technical aptitude over the course of the set

Thanks in advance.

Zanthos25

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I used to play falco back in 2008 and a little bit in 2009
but I quit him for Lucario, then MK, then Diddy, but I've realized those were mistakes

Please critique my Falco and help me get back to my former status;

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=61B2546E7DB5213E

those are 9 videos
8 vs Snake and 1 vs MK
in chronological order, so you can see the progression of my Falco's technical aptitude over the course of the set

Thanks in advance.
Little more use of F-Tilt to keep spacing would be ideal. Otherwise, very good showing on all stages with that Snake.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
R@vyn you have a really good Falco. Only thing I would say to you use is play agressive when you have Snake in the air and especially when he's offstage, if you go for a dair when he's close to you all he can do is air dodge or uair.

Arikie I only saw your match vs Sean and Sleeh. Vs Sean stop trying to force a grab, if he's dair camping you try to time a bair in between dairs. Instead of doing jab grab just do grab, especially if you're trying to get a chain grab. Vs Sleeh you try to camp too much. You should try to go inside of Olimar, since he has no good option when Falco is up close to him. If you re-watch your matches you'll notice that whenever you got close to him he would hit you away and create a wall to try to keep you out. Do a buffered dash grab to chain grab olimar instead of walking, it's much easier. You should try to get Choice to help you, he'd be able to help you more than we could since he lives in Norcal.

ShyGuy LOLOLOLOL that is the gayest I've ever seen a Falco play xD. On the last game you could've kill him with an utilt instead of jabbing when he was at 200 lol. You should go for more side b, especially to get through Mario's fireball camping. The easiest way to kill DDD is to go for bairs while he's trying to recover or go for a smash after he does an up b.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Xzax vs. DK try to rack up damage through grabs more, DK's super armor moves make it unsafe to go for a lot of kill moves.

M@v

Subarashii!
Xzax: It isnt too hard to buffer vs dk even in lag. But if your not 100% sure you can buffer it, just dthrow to gattling. Also, what Larry said. Falco isn't mk; you can go in with kill moves without fear. Falco's all about patience.

MulticolorShyGuy

Smash Cadet
ShyGuy LOLOLOLOL that is the gayest I've ever seen a Falco play xD. On the last game you could've kill him with an utilt instead of jabbing when he was at 200 lol. You should go for more side b, especially to get through Mario's fireball camping. The easiest way to kill DDD is to go for bairs while he's trying to recover or go for a smash after he does an up b.
Yea :p, it's the first tournament that I'd played campy at, most people I had played before said I was to aggressive so I changed it up a bit. It was hard enough to get this D3 off the stage, jab and ftilt were about all I could get on him.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Get some throws in and try to bair him in the air. Try to get ftilt laser locks in too, DDD is the easiest character to get laser locks on.

Coffee™

I need it....
I was quite impressed R@vyn, you really used all of Falco's tools against that Snake, good off stage game, and pursuing him during recovery. Also like your juggling game, very nice overall.
Thanks.

R@vyn you have a really good Falco. Only thing I would say to you use is play agressive when you have Snake in the air and especially when he's offstage, if you go for a dair when he's close to you all he can do is air dodge or uair.
I'll keep that in mind. I'm normally a pretty conservative player but I'll try that out. Thanks

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
Arikie I only saw your match vs Sean and Sleeh. Vs Sean stop trying to force a grab, if he's dair camping you try to time a bair in between dairs. Instead of doing jab grab just do grab, especially if you're trying to get a chain grab. Vs Sleeh you try to camp too much. You should try to go inside of Olimar, since he has no good option when Falco is up close to him. If you re-watch your matches you'll notice that whenever you got close to him he would hit you away and create a wall to try to keep you out. Do a buffered dash grab to chain grab olimar instead of walking, it's much easier. You should try to get Choice to help you, he'd be able to help you more than we could since he lives in Norcal.
Thanks, I'll keep all that in mind for next time I play an olimar or if I get dair camped.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Use your full jab more, it'll make that match up a lot more easier. Rob is a very big character, so he can't really get out of Falco's jab easily.

When rob does his up grab the edge, drop off the stage and do a jumping dair so that you land on the stage, but you the dair will hit him below the edge. Doing this is completely safe since you're still invincible when you drop off the ledge, plus Rob can't air dodge during his up b without using an aerial first.

clowsui

Smash Legend
For anyone to do an effective critique we need a video of you against an opponent that knows the matchup/equal in skill. From all the videos you've posted so far it seems like as though you're dominating your opponents with your speed, even though you're not making that many great decisions. Tournament videos against better ppl plz, don't have to lose just have to play against people who have a clear idea of what they need to do vs. Falco because that Peach missed a ton of opportunities. The Snake and MK videos you posted before were the same thing tbqh, even if you lost (didn't watch all of them) I highly doubt I could effectively judge what problems there were w/ your gameplay.

Saltix

Smash Lord
For anyone to do an effective critique we need a video of you against an opponent that knows the matchup/equal in skill. From all the videos you've posted so far it seems like as though you're dominating your opponents with your speed, even though you're not making that many great decisions. Tournament videos against better ppl plz, don't have to lose just have to play against people who have a clear idea of what they need to do vs. Falco because that Peach missed a ton of opportunities. The Snake and MK videos you posted before were the same thing tbqh, even if you lost (didn't watch all of them) I highly doubt I could effectively judge what problems there were w/ your gameplay.
I understand what youre saying, i've gotta get more matches against higher leveled players for a PROPER critiquing; I've got more videos vs the same player coming, as Peach isn't his main per se;
He and and I are pretty much on the same level gameplay wise though, and that was a bad match to use for critiquing lol. but I wont post anymore until hopefully this weeke

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I understand what youre saying, i've gotta get more matches against higher leveled players for a PROPER critiquing; I've got more videos vs the same player coming, as Peach isn't his main per se;
He and and I are pretty much on the same level gameplay wise though, and that was a bad match to use for critiquing lol. but I wont post anymore until hopefully this weeke
Darn right mike. Stop being a scrub and put the good ones up lol. Making me look bad.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWSxqUIwa8
i picked up flacko a few days ago, i haven't gotten the chance to use him offline yet, so this is just a wifail replay for a critique, i'm going to blame a lot of the stupid stuff on wifi D: also, the audio desync'd so just mute it T.T
You seemed pretty good. Of course offline would be better =/ Great way to read those pivot grabs of his aerials. DK has some awesome range so sometimes a single SHL retreating is much better at medium distance than risk a non perfect SHDL. If you play vs DK often learn the areas you can Dair him out of his upB. right above him and a rising Dair from the edge all work wonders.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Use your full jab more, it'll make that match up a lot more easier. Rob is a very big character, so he can't really get out of Falco's jab easily.
ROB can SDI out of the full jab combo and ftilt falco unless he cancels it early enough.

swordsaint

Smash Master
ROB can SDI out of the full jab combo and ftilt falco unless he cancels it early enough.
robs frame makes it difficult, he's very susceptible to multi hit moves. and as you said, even if the rob is DIing properly, cancel the full jab asap, shield their attempted punish and follow up, possibly with more jabs.

thats the whole point of jab mixups though, it's so fast that usually they have to predict what you're gonna do with the jab.

I have a match that I'll hopefully have up either today or tomorrow as well. Just a competitive friendly vs an Ice Climbers main.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Hanzo, you are a little unconsistent.
I mean... your play style does not have a plan. You don't know the steps that you hacve to follow.
And neither you are not reading your enemy.

But still.... you are an awesome player.
Congratz :)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I´m sorry if this is in a thread, but I couldn´t find it in a quick look =/
Till what percent does the chaingrab work on Ganondorf? And garantuated follow ups when its done or something?

Rel0ad

Smash Rookie
I´m sorry if this is in a thread, but I couldn´t find it in a quick look =/
Till what percent does the chaingrab work on Ganondorf? And garantuated follow ups when its done or something?
Try Q&A next time.
over 50, not sure about the exact percent tho.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
............... I was so sure I posted this in Q&A.
I'm gonna check my eyes. o.o

Top Bottom