• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Falco Critique Thread

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Bloodcross vs Fatal: Games 1-2 (Game 3 to be up soon)
Bloodcross vs Atomsk: Games 1-2 (MK Game 2 but it's all one URL, so sorry)

If there's anything I can improve on, don't hesitate to help me out. Especially against Snake - my patient playstyle is probably countered by general Snake play. I need to learn to not give a **** more - like Fsmashing them when they're holding a Nade @ 160% or something. Any advice?

@Swordsaint, I'll see what advice I can give you regarding you vs Marth. I do have much experience in this MU so I might be of help.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Behind her and down.... like diagonally in

Didn't watch too much but main thing I noticed was that you should SHL instead of SHDL, as of recent I stopped doing SHDL or at least kept it to a minimum

swordsaint

Smash Master
SHDL is only good when they are REALLY far away, or when they playing around in the air. It's just too punishable.

Also, DIing ftilt depends on percent. From about 0-20 I believe you can smash DI it straight down and shield, but apart from that, ozz is right.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
id only been using falco for about a month at that stage. both he and i play it better now. no recent (tourney) vids though.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
@ Swordsaint: From what I saw from the first match, you need to jab some more. I'm pretty sure a well placed jab can beat that nair tedeth keeps going for. Even the fair. It's pretty gay that he knows the cg. Really gay cause I don't even think Malcolm can do it on me. Tbh, I'm not that great vs Wario myself, but I will be playing Malcolm this week again and will see if I can come up with anymore tips but for now there wasn't enough jab there to stop his ariel pressure game.

@ Ksizzle: Glad to hear :D

mczx

Smash Rookie
Hey peoples :p
I'd like some critique on my falco. Been playing him for a while now, please tell me what I can do better in mah game: first video and second video. Sorry for the crappy quality, even if I compress in HD boochsack finds a way to screw it up.
Thanks in advance:)

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
pretty good but snake is a good match up for falco and fd and battlefield. butg pretty good anyway.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I have to try out the sh fast fall BDacus, actually looks really useful.

swordsaint

Smash Master
didnt I already suggest this before you made that video where you said you can only do it out of a landing after a grounded phantasm :(

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I thought you meant an empty landing without fast fall.
sry then.. I missunderstood you =/

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
IMO, having matches where you win gives us really little room to tell you what you need to work on. Try to post some matches that you lose and avoid posting matches where you just do something stupid or if you 3 stock the other dude

M@v

Subarashii!
M@v(Falco) vs Blue Rogue(wario)2 (Tournament)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCyzRNIOrYI

Besides my Cg ****-up-that-cost-me-the-match-at-the-end; I know about that already.
I cp'd him to frigate because blue rogue seconds icys, and frigate is one of the stages im personally very comfortable with, and would discourage him from icys.

Loaf of Bread

Smash Rookie
Top Bottom