• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
isn't there a way to put all the participants in a program, and make the pools properly seeded by skill and region? I mean I have done that at previous tournament and I never had any problems whatsoever, nobody ever complained about pools. When I heard chibo was doing everything by hand, AND he was alone to do so was the thing that blew me away the most in all this.

edit: I haven't heard the name enough CHIBO CHIBO CHIBO CHIBO CHIBO CHIBO seriously just say it our loud many times in a row

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
LOl.
I'm just saying haha :D Idk what I was thinking. I was out of it just saying stupid ****.

Infinity, I'm giving you a lone shoutout because you deserve one :)

I really appreciate the backup you gave me at Clash. You were always in my corner rooting for me and giving me props when I did something. I really appreciate it and it helped me feel like I was back home/It was different being on east coast because there was regional rivalries and not many smashers were wanting a texas TL to beat someone in their crew, So when I heard you cheering in the backround I felt more comfortable and I didn't hear the other guys who were wanting me to get 3 stocked again or something like that ha. Also the help you have me after a lost a match was awesome. You cooled me down and made me less nervous. Discussing counterpicks with you was SO important. I can't telll you how helpful it was to be able to talk to you and figure out which stage would help me the best and why other stages weren't the right choice. Thank you thank you thank you :) <3

You guys will have to excuse me for a minute, I think I've got something in my eye >.>"

M@v

Subarashii!
All the livestreams were recorded? O_o. Nice. I can help upload them if you need me to. Can you at least send me the set of M@v vs Rookie? ^^

Niko_K

Smash Master
If all the live stream was recorded, I can volunteer my time to separate the video file, convert, and upload the videos to youtube.

Chibo get back to me about it.

M@v

Subarashii!
If all the live stream was recorded, I can volunteer my time to separate the video file, convert, and upload the videos to youtube.

Chibo get back to me about it.
Same here. I can help upload videos as well. If we get like 10 people to do it, we can have it dont in no time.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The main issue is going to be transferring that amount of data to the people who wish to help cut the videos. Unless you used Ustreams recording function....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as far as i kno, not many matches from saturday were recorded on the stream. a lot more were done on sunday. vex has all the videos recorded since they were on his laptop. if he wants help splittin' em up u can talk to him to find a way to get the files from him.

Fuggles

Smash Cadet
as far as i kno, not many matches from saturday were recorded on the stream. a lot more were done on sunday. vex has all the videos recorded since they were on his laptop. if he wants help splittin' em up u can talk to him to find a way to get the files from him.
Does this mean that only a few of the matches that were on the stream on sat were recorded?
Or does it mean that they were all recorded but there just werent that many?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
My god how could I forget...

GDX! Thanks for the fries dude! And thanks for teaching me what they say in Cali! LOL!

Sanu

Smash Champion
If you guys want to transfer large files: www.megaupload.com

Free hosting service up to 1 gig per file ;). He can rarsplit, upload them and then link to whoever wants to help.

g-regulate

Smash Hero

All I have to say is that with everything that happened, Chibo deserved every bit of it, simply because you have to have been absolutely ******** to think you can run a tourney by yourself period, even if it just had 80 people.

i mean, even with a crew of 4-5, a tourney with 270 people, and a teams tourney, cannot be finished in 2 days with like 27 TVs. that doesnt even count starting 7 hours late. 1 TV for a pool of 8 takes ages, thats like 28 straight sets on 1 TV, and a brawl set can take like 15-20 minutes.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
An announcement warning players that the tourney would suffer it they did not finish pools quickly would've solved most problems IMO, then again, it's hard to keep an eye on every player. Pretty much every tourney I go to starts late as **** though, so it's not like this is anything new.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Pretty much every tourney I go to starts late as **** though, so it's not like this is anything new.
no dude, a major tournament starting 7 hours late is something new, its not like holding up the tourney for an hour, thats over a quarter of the total tournament time gone.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, you're right. This ain't planks or something......I do understand why pools may END late, but they could've at least started on time, or like I said.........made an announcement letting people know why it was gonna start late.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
My shoutouts!!!! Kinda late but yea.

Andyg-i had a blast teaming with you and your a very chill and cool person. Hopefully we'll chill at more tournies in the future.
Anti-Haha I finally got to meet ya. You're a funny person, nice job getting 3 stocked by your mom though.
Polmex-Fellow luigi!!!! You are a lot cooler in person then on the boards haha. Good luigi you got. Gotta keep reppin.
Boss- Fun dittos we had and congrats on your placing. We both lost to the same guy in losers :(
Snakeee-Holy **** you ***** my ***. After our match I immediatly set off to get zss practice. O and if you thought I was mad after the match I wasn't, I was just shocked at how awsome you were.
Omegablackmage- SOOoo close. Good matches man. Very nice person and hopefully ill get my revenge someday.
Vist-Fun dittos we had man. 2 epic close matches in our pools that could have gone either way.
GDX-HAha those cheesesteaks were too good. See you at final round
Hrnut-good **** at your placing. You had some pretty tough matches but you pulled through and repped the atl south well.
Ryoshet(Sp?)- ****in awsome ike, best ive played.
Fatal-good to meet ya in person dude. Good set in dubs.

Everyone that was in the car with me- Fun times with yall and sorry about almost killing everyone lol.
Punishment Divine- Thank you very much haha. Ill let you know when I get a paypal, but for now don't worry too much about it. I have a month to pay the fee before shiz happens to me.

Im sorry if I forgot anyone, but shoutouts to all that I talked to/chilled with.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Outside of everything starting way to late, I actually had a good time at this tournament. I met alot of cool people and def will keep in touch with them in the future.

Everyone who was in the car ride to my house, zomg way to funny. Keitaro's threat is soooooo gay but I will never forget it lmao.

keitaro- Thanks alot for doing all of that driving bro. It really helped everyone out. I was a bit tight that no 1 told me that you guys were going back 2 ru asap, but oh well.

Neo- Def mad fun chilling with you. I tried to keep you focused whenever I could. Trust me dude, I know that when maining marth, a small amount of impatience or distraction can = loss. Just try your best to stay focused from now on bro. Thanks for the advice you gave me all weekend.

Hat- wow man I need to see you more. You are one of the coolest smashers I've ever met. It was a pure pleasure to have you over man seriously. Thanks for understanding how I got screwed in pools lolol.

Spam- Good stuff.
Kadaj- I ***** that sheik challenge!
D1,Nl,Jash- Def had mad fun with you guys at my house. Jash you were OD impressive. D1 didnt play your falco at all, atleast I got to show you I can fight snake much better than I did in our tourny set a bit ago. Nl, I had that ROB CHALLENGE, next time bro. And dont be dumb, if you are getting planked, CALL SOMEONE TO WATCH PLEASE!

Lain- KOOL A$$ DUDE. Had alot of fun debating with you. I TOLD YOU SPAM WAS PAAAAAATTTIIIEEENNNT!!!! LMAO Im glad you understand now lol And Michigan ain't got no good **** son, thats why u were so sober!

Hova- moar mario dittos bruh!

Everyone who was at chibos place. Why the hell is it impossible to stay quiet? Like seriously, please explain why so many people cant stfu?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm Tristan_Win and I used only Sheik for all of my matches.

^_^ unless neo used his sheik I bet I'm the only one who was there as a sheik user whom got ranked

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Shout outs!

First and foremost JLB had fun riding with you guys and rooming up. Got some real characters in our crew. As Clay Cooters say "Be better."

My Fellow TL mains Jash, Santi, and Quivo - Fun meeting all you guys and all really good TLs. It might be the only time I might have been able to meet/play you guys. Keep rep'n that toon link and keep improving.

Hova - Had me laughing after I failed in pools...."So Lobos, BAR!?!?!?"

Reflex - Awesome wario and a really cool guy, be afraid I spike on brinstar ^.^

Capemkills - Mind gamed me into an upB that shattered my dreams GGs, you should have won vs ROB

Chibosempai - Despite what happened ToS pulled through. Ledge camping ew.

SSR - You beat me. GG but then went 0-2 in brackets ~.~ sigh

Hell Fox - You tired but not bad for someone who hasn't been to a tournament in awhile

Last guy in my pool that I forgot your name - Your marth could have beaten me.

MD/VA - Step it up? Although Good performances by Boss/kornn and Chu/Azen

.Com - Yelled your voice out trying to get stuff moving, thanks for the help and what not

Nyers - So many of you guys came lol nice seeing you guys again, see you guys at "Brawl till you fall"

NJ peeps - Same as NYers

Midwest players - I was really impressed by you guys, didn't know who most of you were but now I know.

Texas - Thanks for coming you guys are cool hope we meet again. Dojo ***** me >_>

GDX - Don't worry guy, we both are inconsistent ~.~

SOVA players - Glad you guys made it up, Toasty where you at?

Canada players - Second time I meet some of you and a 1st for others. Zaf finally got to see my TL in action ^.^

Everyone else I played GGs. Did I miss anyone? Let me know!

Also......

Come to Brawl till you fall ECRC2 #2!!
HEY I WAS THAT MARTH!!!! im sad u didnt remember me.....gg's though!!!

HAT

Smash Ace
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

GET ME MY BOTTLE

WAHHHHHHHHHH

THIS TOURNAMENT SUCKED

AND BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO DO 23 HOURS IN A DAY
I'M GOING TO CRY ABOUT IT THE ENTIRE TIME I'M AWAKE

what the ****! get over it! this tournament blew chunks, get over it, tell who you love how you love them and why [shoutoutz], and go to APEX! or my biweekly this saturday!

this thread is OVER! shut the **** UP

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

^_^ unless neo used his sheik I bet I'm the only one who was there as a sheik user whom got ranked
Well... i used some sheik in teams if that means anything XD I'm going to start using her some in singles though soon

rathy Aro

Smash Lord

lol Good **** on your placing. Keeping repping sheik.

Well... i used some sheik in teams if that means anything XD I'm going to start using her some in singles though soon
We need more sheiks that go to tourneys so do it!

Was wondering if there were any above average sheiks at this tourney (Someimes I wonder if there are any at all....).

DK SmAsH

Smash Journeyman
I can understand why some people would think this is wrong, but it says right in the first post, everyone is charged the venue fee regardless, so I'm just sticking by it. She's mad cool, I've talked to her a lot, but just because she's a girl I can't let her break the rule. Especially when I know she plays smash and could have been playing friendlies and stuff. She even went on to enter singles. I don't see why I was being a jerk by following rules that we're in place for a while.
we're upset about it cause the rule is ******** to begin with...so following it is insurmountably more jerktastic...it has nothing to do with her being a girl...she entered singles cause she already had to pay venue...so might as well enter...besides let people come spectate for free, if anything...they might like it and come to more tournies...

to help start a riot? no
why dont ppl realize that if things didnt get out of hand everything woulda gotten done quicker and the plug wouldnt have been pulled on chu v ally?
and y dont u realize if u ran the tourny right it wouldnt have happened or if u hadnt ran to security it also would have gone quicker and there would be no one there to unplug the tvs...

hopefully the "riot" gets up soon.
People want to see what really happened.
Aslo the long dangerous journey where us gamers were classified as an "angry mob" needs to be uploaded as well :)
too good
HAHAHA!! u mean the pilgrimage?? did anyone else see the small troop of rent-a-cops following us? one even had a bike! lol

best part of the tourney was on the ride home and when DA got "chiboed" by the vending machine... too funny
LMAO!! yeah on the way home we were talking about how every time you get ripped off now everyone's gonna call it getting Chiboed

....and Hat's post is too funny
but yeah we r planning tons of awesomeness for his tourny this weekend so everyone come!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Cash Mooney here

one of them even reported us in to the police as a mob of angry video gamers while we were on our way to chibos.

there wasn't really even a riot, just a bunch of people yelling "money back"

if it was a riot, chairs and TV's would have been broken, and chibo would be missing two arms.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just found it funny how he called the cops and had them with him cause he was afraid we beat his azz or something.

Top Bottom