• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
tbh i think diddy will see a drop eventually as he rises in popularity and more people figure out how to handle the naners... :/

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah piZ, I'm quite sure Diddy's gonna stay at #3 from here on out, and Falco on 4th. I personally believe ICs should be below Marth and Wario, but that's just me apparently.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Edit: Metaknight is the fastest glider and I believe he only characters that can catch up to him before he gets to the other side is Sonic and Falcon.
Sonic is much better at this because of his multihitting Fair (GG glide attack)
unfortunately it doesnt change the fact that MK can always just Uair and deal with many different options.
Scrooging is powerful not because of the fact they are nigh invulnerable for a few moments, but to the extent to which they retain their options.

It's understanding this first, before you say "ASDKJSAKDJA SCROOGING ASDADKJAKDA" that is important lol.

@DMG forever ago (pg 16)

I never said falco could be as good as mk I said he could be as BROKEN as mk. I don't think he could ever be what mk is but he could make second if it weren't for gimpability and crap recovery. And about the ic matchup, yes I no, I said that
Ok, so Falco could be as BROKEN as MK (Broken being an adjective to describe or label how strong or powerful a character is lol), but not as GOOD as MK? Bro, Broken is a term used to describe how good a character is. If you say "Hey, I think this character could be as broken, or more broken, than this character", that means "Hey, I think this character could be as insanely good, or better, than this character."

That's what I'm saying, the idea that Falco could be on the same level of Broken as MK is unfathomable, even with a better recovery. Mostly because his offstage game is garbage, and his airgame in general is weak compared to MK.

But I digress.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
.....................yea so if anybody wants to have a REAL discussion on why they dont like this new tier list, please contact one of the SBR members. Everyone else doesnt know anything.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
.....................yea so if anybody wants to have a REAL discussion on why they dont like this new tier list, please contact one of the SBR members. Everyone else doesnt know anything.
Some of us know what happened, we just like complaining. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Just let them all vent, they wanted a tierlist and they got one with a number of changes. Its not like a single BBR member did the tierlist, it's the averaging of everyone's votes... So, from this we can take that a LOT of BBR members believed Zelda to be immensely horrid, and that Pit with no ledge limits can be THAT good, and all that whatnot.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I prefer the Triforce of Shame really. But that's just me.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
this tier list is a joke the BBR should resign there's way to heavy of a Marth influence in the BBR.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
If the tier list were true to their games, poor Ganon would jump from the worst character in brawl to the best ;(

It's too bad Sakurai makes him a measley Captain Falcon clone..

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
If the tier list were true to their games, poor Ganon would jump from the worst character in brawl to the best ;(

It's too bad Sakurai makes him a measley Captain Falcon clone..
Just don't tell _Clinton, he thinks everyone has god powers, but Lucas has even more god powers.

:034:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Can someone explain to me how despite being only one marth main in the top 50 of player rankings Marth warranted such a jump in his character standings.

clowsui

Smash Legend
marth got a +1, what are you smoking? that's not a huge jump

also...LMAO at marth bias. the only active marth in the BBR is shaya, i'm pretty sure

Tristan_win

Not dead.
So by the SBR not having a official ledge grab rule then should we assume that planking is alright?

Well if that's the case I think I'll focus my develop now into planking, holding down when sheik vanish allow her to not grab the ledge but have roughly 20 inv frames and you can grab the ledge at any time in 1 frame. When mastered you can even use the vanish attack and then sweet spot the ledge which in my little testing has shown to be impossible to edgehog in time for. Once I time a few people out will you make Sheik C tier, all I need is to do a tilt lock and then plank for victory. Sure it wont be as good as meta knight, game and watch, or pit but against characters with poor anti plank options (like falco) I got myself a easier match up.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's ******** that the SBR does not have a official rule for planking. Every event I've ever been to does and it can hypothetically change match ups without one in place. By not having that rule and going purely by theirs then it means we are playing different games.

No wonder meta knight is in S tier.

Albert.

Smash Master
this tier list is a joke the BBR should resign there's way to heavy of a Marth influence in the BBR.
Can someone explain to me how despite being only one marth main in the top 50 of player rankings Marth warranted such a jump in his character standings.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dude you're ****ing stupid (true story)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
marth got a +1, what are you smoking? that's not a huge jump

also...LMAO at marth bias. the only active marth in the BBR is shaya, i'm pretty sure
Yeah still didn't respond to me but whatever I guess.....theorycraft moar I guess......

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shiek is not that good at planking bro lol.

Also, as for MK, a lot of people voted him to be in his own tier ASSUMING planking rules were in place. I personally had to remind people that we are considering the tier list under the circumstances that there are no additional rules in place, despite many places having a ledge grab rule or something similar.

Besides, Falco is already an easy matchup for Shiek lol. Ftilt to Usmash? Cmon.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'm not in the bbr so i'm not going to respond to you...it's not really my responsibility considering you want an official response.

DMG why is marth so far up there?

Albert.

Smash Master
AlmostL is SOOO butt-hurt that Wario is below Marth LMFAOOOOO. this is great, somebody award all of the BBR complimentary BJs from beautiful asian women

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
...Ice Climbers really shouldn't be A Tier.

Neither their matchups nor their tourney placings really show much of a significance for such of a big jump. If anything they should be the best of B Tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Um... cause Marth is a good character?

Lol. IDK what to say. He moved up a single spot, and look at who moved below him. Marth really didn't go anywhere, people moved below him lol.

Marth IMO is a safer character that one like Dedede, Lucario, G&W, etc. He's really not got that many matchups that are better than 6:4, but aside from MK he also doesn't have anything worse than 6:4 against him, and he holds his own against important characters like Snake, Diddy, Wario, Falco, etc.

In this game at least, I think how "safe" a character relatively is is more important than how bad you can **** people. Take Dedede for example. He has quite a few matchups that are better than 6:4, or a LOT of matchups that are 6:4 in his favor. However, he also has a lot of matchups that are like "Wtf this is bullcrap, I don't wanna do this matchup" like Dedede vs Falco lol. Dedede is really good, but IMO he's not that "safe" of a character to pick. Certainly not if your opponent is allowed to CP your character (if you pick Dedede on their Counter Pick, there's a good chance they will **** you harder than if you went Marth basically)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AlmostL is SOOO butt-hurt that Wario is below Marth LMFAOOOOO. this is great, somebody award all of the BBR complimentary BJs from beautiful asian women
I'm pretty sure they already gotten their BJ's from the Marth boards.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Um... cause Marth is a good character?

Lol. IDK what to say. He moved up a single spot, and look at who moved below him. Marth really didn't go anywhere, people moved below him lol.

Marth IMO is a safer character that one like Dedede, Lucario, G&W, etc. He's really not got that many matchups that are better than 6:4, but aside from MK he also doesn't have anything worse than 6:4 against him, and he holds his own against important characters like Snake, Diddy, Wario, Falco, etc.

In this game at least, I think how "safe" a character relatively is is more important than how bad you can **** people. Take Dedede for example. He has quite a few matchups that are better than 6:4, or a LOT of matchups that are 6:4 in his favor. However, he also has a lot of matchups that are like "Wtf this is bullcrap, I don't wanna do this matchup" like Dedede vs Falco lol. Dedede is really good, but IMO he's not that "safe" of a character to pick. Certainly not if your opponent is allowed to CP your character (if you pick Dedede on their Counter Pick, there's a good chance they will **** you harder than if you went Marth basically)
That's terrible logic he's not a safe pick at all when he's worst match ups are the most played characters in tournament making him virtually unplayable because he gets wrecked by Snake and MK goes evin with Diddy Wario and Falco. Marth overall is just theorycraft without the results to prove it =/.

just so you know. pierce is the ONLY marth main in the SBR.
So Shaya isn't in the BBR my mistake.... Or does he not count as a Marth main?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, Samus stayed in the same spot. It's nice to see Ness moved up. I am also happy that Zero Suit Samus, Pit, and Diddy Kong are doing really good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Marth mains think they go pretty close with Snake. I would agree.

MK is Marth's biggest problem, but you could say the same about Dedede. Or Snake. Or Wario. Or IC's lol. MK is a LOT of people's worst or biggest obvious problem matchup even in the top tier. Saying "Oh well Marth loses to MK so it's irrelevant" is dumb since MK does that to most of the top tier (even if it's only 6:4 against them)

C.J.

Smash Master
Marth beats snake. He loses to MK, MAYBE DDD and maybe ROB (even to 45:55)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Shiek is not that good at planking bro lol.

Also, as for MK, a lot of people voted him to be in his own tier ASSUMING planking rules were in place. I personally had to remind people that we are considering the tier list under the circumstances that there are no additional rules in place, despite many places having a ledge grab rule or something similar.

Besides, Falco is already an easy matchup for Shiek lol. Ftilt to Usmash? Cmon.
I don't know about that DMG, maybe we just not being gay enough with Sheik vanish. Also if a lot of the SBR members are needed to be remind that a planking rule is not in place then how come there's isn't a ledge grab rule in the SBR rule set yet?

Don't tell me they need a super majority to add rules too.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmao at almostlegendary being salty that marth boards were realistic with him

marth vs. snake is even, in marth's favor or in snake's favor depending on who you ask. the more conservative the stage list, the more it is in marth's favor IMO

marth vs. diddy kong is even, maybe marth's advantage in the future

marth vs. falco is even IMO but consensus is favored for marth

marth straight up beats wario

marth has a 6:4 vs. MK, 65:35 AT WORST. how is he not a safe pick? the only characters he SURELY loses to is king ddd. controversial matchups include ROB and DK, both of who most ppl think are even with marth anyways.

Albert.

Smash Master
Potential double post?

That's terrible logic he's not a safe pick at all when he's worst match ups are the most played characters in tournament making him virtually unplayable because he gets wrecked by Snake and MK goes evin with Diddy Wario and Falco.
Your logic also means that Wario, and lets see... MOST of the cast are terrible picks JUST because they're bound to run into a MK or Snake. You're basically telling most of the community, WELL if you don't play, MK, Snake, Diddy or Falco, YOURE SCREWED.

Marth overall is just theorycraft without the results to prove it =/.
Marth is fourth in the tournament results list
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

YOU'RE DUMb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom