• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Note that the list I posted is really primarily affected by large tournaments, which isn't that bad since it minimizes people just doing well at locals.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it just goes to show that the ppl representing BBR truely have no idea how the game works. Really? Putting a character like Fox so high yet Fox is not even represented in top 100? It honestly makes me question the legitimacy of our BBR. People we're suppose to trust with making our rule set and setting the grounds for which ACTUAL competitive play can be sanely played

this community is ****ed

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow.. shut the **** up all of you.
So annoying.

Do you want a tier list or not?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If this goes down

IF THIS GOES DOWN

This will be the biggest trolling victory in the history of SMF. This is getting good; Im not going to sleep so I can watch this.

I will say this though, concerning "potential"; it HAS some basis for tier lists. What I mean by that is this:

Ankoku's tournament list ranks characters strictly on how well they have done in tournaments. If your definition of a tier list is something that is only tournament results, that would be it for you. However, you can look at his list, and many people would agree there are probably some characters placed too high/too low. Ganondorf has better tournament results than a few people, Lucas at one point in time was dead last or near dead last, etc.

Tournament results cannot tell you absolutely EVERYTHING about the metagame. They can tell you a LOT, and you should never outright ignore tournament results for "pure potential". However, it just will not completely and accurately rank the characters.

Now maybe you disagree with how far people stretched that "potential", but you cannot outright dismiss it because potential was used at all.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
If this goes down

IF THIS GOES DOWN

This will be the biggest trolling victory in the history of SMF. This is getting good; Im not going to sleep so I can watch this.
i still stand by what i said tho dmg

much <3 to you but a trolling tier list would literally make me lose all faith in the bbr [something you dont want at this point in time]

lol thats not something u troll about!!!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Here's my opinion of what it should be:

S: :metaknight: <--Top Tier
A: :snake: :diddy: :falco: :marth: :wario: :popo: <--Top Tier
B: :olimar: :dedede: :pikachu2: :lucario: :gw: <-- High Tier
C: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :kirby2: :rob: :peach: <-- Mid Tier
D: :dk2: :luigi2: :wolf: :fox: :pit: <-- Mid Tier
E: :sonic: :pt: :shiek: :ike: :yoshi2: <-- Mid Tier
F: :ness2: :mario2: :bowser2: :falcon: :lucas: <-- Low Tier
G: :zelda: :samus2: :link2: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: <-- Bottom Tier

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
it just goes to show that the ppl representing BBR truely have no idea how the game works. Really? Putting a character like Fox so high yet Fox is not even represented in top 100? It honestly makes me question the legitimacy of our BBR. People we're suppose to trust with making our rule set and setting the grounds for which ACTUAL competitive play can be sanely played

this community is ****ed
EVERYONE!
EVERYONE!

THERE IS ONE MAJOR ISSUE! THAT MEANS DESPITE AGREEING WITH EVERYTHING ELSE, IT MEANS THE BBR KNOWS NOTHING! NOTHING I SAY!

*coughs*

One moment let me see Fox's ranking in this list. (getting old)

*checks his list*

Nope Fox didn't move up in my eyes.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah i dont think its trolling.

threatening to ban me from SWF for posting it and editing my posts doesnt sound like a joke to me

just stop it dmg.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol congratulations on believing i honestly care at this point offline status'ed SL

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Here's my opinion of what it should be:

S: :metaknight: <--Top Tier
A: :snake: :diddy: :falco: :marth: :wario: :popo: <--Top Tier
B: :olimar: :dedede: :pikachu2: :lucario: :gw: <-- High Tier
C: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :kirby2: :rob: :peach: <-- Mid Tier
D: :dk2: :luigi2: :wolf: :fox: :pit: <-- Mid Tier
E: :sonic: :pt: :shiek: :ike: :yoshi2: <-- Mid Tier
F: :ness2: :mario2: :bowser2: :falcon: :lucas: <-- Low Tier
G: :zelda: :samus2: :link2: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: <-- Bottom Tier
Based on recent tourneys and people learning how to **** Snake's landing, I think Snake will go down a spot and tie with Diddy for 4th, while Falco will move to 2nd.

Also, GaW for bottom tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trolling is an art

Too bad I majored in math

Browny, you can't lie though. It will be beautiful once this pans out.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it is an art that 95% of these boards horribly fail at doing

math has everything to do with trolling my dear, shhh dont expose our deep secrets

BSP

Smash Legend
DMG how does the BBR get their tournament results for creating the tier lists? Do you guys just look at Ankoku's thread? Or do you search the entire boards or any other places to find as much data as possible?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont listen to anyone really, i just browse what people have said and comment...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG how does the BBR get their tournament results for creating the tier lists? Do you guys just look at Ankoku's thread? Or do you search the entire boards or any other places to find as much data as possible?
Ankoku's list
Tournament Results section(a lot of these aren't reported to Ankoku, so we look there anyways)
Brawl Ranking Thread
In person tournaments/results not posted but we know what happened

I think that covers it.

lol why does anyone listen to anything DMG says any more
Not gonna lie, I'm surprised as well. I've ridden the trollin train for a long time it seems, yet I still find a way to contribute to the community. Magnets, how do they work? Etc

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
"BBR, you guys suck because your tier list is not out the very second the window of it possibly being out passes."

"BBR, you suck because we know more about the game than you and you have obviously made a foolish mistake while we, in our infinite knowledge, know where the characters SHOULD go on a tier list."

"BBR, you suck because **** you. Well, okay, actually, we ran out of reasons to hate you, but still."
I don't think it's possible for the BBR to take an action that makes people happy, haha. It is an impossibility. People can be hard to please. Good job guys, keep up the good work.

Also, yay, it looks like Link moved up a spot!

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Fox is good. He has a few large scale tourney wins on the west coast and high-ish placings in various other areas. We're missing a Fox hero that comes in and sweeps out a national or something, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Still, that doesn't explain a jump on the tier list which doesn't measure the future.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I feel Fox jumped too much, but Fox has been a sleeper in terms of BBR love for him... I'm kinda iffy on it, but I don't think its as bad as Pit. Fox at least has reputable tournament results in terms of "Big names, big stakes, OMG WHAT FOX WON?"
Plus unlike last time in terms of Pit, where regional bias was regionally biased,Fox had reasonably good consensus...
Characters like Pikachu aren't rising in tournament usage, Sheik is... Sheik, and Ice Climbers are dropping out of fame as well. Things like these, coupled with well known results against META KNIGHT give at least some justification towards Fox; that is real. SO I think people are wanting to over react for the sake of it here.

Either way the biggest riser this tier list is Ike... not fox.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
But really guys, you guys should show urgency to something you enjoy, that being brawl. You guys are in the brawl backroom but you guys don't have a sense of urgency apparently (going by what mMm said).

granted, i don't care when the tier list comes out, I'm going to play anyways :). I just think if you guys really aren't trying, then you guys should be trying harder. Really work to meet those deadlines!

If things are getting put on holds, it would seem you guys need more members honestly.
More members makes it take even longer-- that's more people to vote and argue with, more people to disagree / need explaining for their thoughts. Not saying that's a bad thing--it isn't-- but it makes it take even longer.

We are definitely passionate about it all, else we wouldn't be posting as much as we do discussing all of this. What you guys don't seem to get though is that there is just no way to do some of this on time every time, being off a few short days shouldn't even matter.

Most communities don't even have a standard list at all, much less a RELEASE DATE. Smashers have it soooo good, yet they complain more than anyone else... it's just so unreasonable to be so rude to people who are giving so much of their spare time to this. It's never enough and it will probably always be that way.

This is especially true when people ask for transparency. We give you transparency, then you respond with trolling/flaming, making us not want to be transparent. Then you complain because we aren't transparent enough, so we think "okay, we'll give them some info again". Then we get flamed because the info isn't exactly what "YOU" wanted, despite "YOU" being 1,000 different viewpoints from thousands of different people. It's a never-ending cycle.

If people want information, updates, and their voice to be heard, it would be in everyone's best interest to learn to be civil and realize that they will not always get what they want, especially given the size of the community and vast range of various opinions that it has.

This doesn't mean you aren't being heard, it just means that sometimes things don't go the way that you want. Flaming rampantly does little other than cause people to ignore you and prevent further progress. Flames initiate flames in response, until everyone is just running around yelling and screaming without anyone actually HEARING anything that anyone has to say...

Staying calm, reasonable, and respectable is a much more desirable approach. Unfortunately, people will just troll and flame anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
thats all good and well MMM, but can you explain to me why it was SO HARMFUL to post the list?

can you list the negative effects of such a thing and why it is worthy of a ban?

I for one apply a simple principle to it all, one of the simplest of all the laws of the universe; a tendency to use a little energy as possible. by holding back the list when it is finished, countless hours of collective peoples time is wasted and energy expended in debating completely futile things here on swf, the answer to all of which is known. Sure we do this every single day but at least we do it knowing that the actual answer is not known at this point.

And what are the reasons for keeping it a secret? Because the tier divisions are not finalised? please tell me you have more to say than that. You know thousands of people are interested in this and you have the answers but prefer to keep us waiting to change a purely cosmetic aspect of it all. OK fine its your decision you can do what you want, but to threaten with a BAN to keep people in suspense unnecessarily?

There is exactly 0 real world consequences to letting people know the answers once you have them from what I can see, even if the answers arent finalised at least its easy to change at any time. From my point of view though this little stunt is doing nothing but costing SWF hundreds, if not thousands of hours of completely wasted time all for something which has no real world effect or difference if it is released once you know the answers or decide to delay it. All people care about is the order.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Browny be quiet already, for all your complaints everyone knows as soon as you see the tierlist you're going to throw a big stink about it anyway.

now while i do agree it doesn't really matter since the order of the characters remains the same despite the gaps, those gaps define each noticeable difference between a group of characters to the next. That is what a TIER list is essentially.

It is fine if you wait, its not going to kill you and honestly, considering the fact that people catch a hissy fit no matter what happens, I don't believe the BBR has an obligation to send the tierlist out any sooner.

bigman40

Smash Master
Care to back up that claim, sir? ;D

+rep to bigman
I think my evidence is all over this forum. No? =P

People have lives and smash is not first priority. The dates were set from the 20th to the 30th. Yeah, people are slightly disappointed, but you'll get over it. Life doesn't go our way as much (or even nearly as much) as we want it to be. People getting mad for no reason in this thread need to man up and just wait.

Thanks for the rep =D

Browny

Smash Hater
lmao once again you dont answer the question SL.

being, what are the horrible consequences of people knowing and telling others the order? I see no harm in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom