• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Then anyone who voted on "potential" should be out of the BBR. It's impossible to accurately judge potential. Not challenging. Not difficult. Not a struggle. Impossible. Because it's impossible, it's not a fact. You can only use facts in a tier list, particularly a tier list that is judging the current metagame. "Potential" = future. Future =/= metagame. Future =/= tier list.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Then anyone who voted on "potential" should be out of the BBR. It's impossible to accurately judge potential. Not challenging. Not difficult. Not a struggle. Impossible. Because it's impossible, it's not a fact. You can only use facts in a tier list, particularly a tier list that is judging the current metagame. "Potential" = future. Future =/= metagame. Future =/= tier list.
I agree.
Peach should be near Zelda/Sheik.

D

Deleted member

I agree with you completely. Positioning on the tier list should be purely factual and have the statistics and tournament results to back each character up.

BSP

Smash Legend
I agree with you completely. Positioning on the tier list should be purely factual and have the statistics and tournament results to back each character up.
Then why did Fox's jump not surprise you? Like Nid said, he's got nothing to back it up. Fox has no reason to be above weegee atm.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Woa, BBR confirmed the leak? How did Browny get the list if he isn't in the BBR? Isn't it someone else's fault then? Then again this might just be more elaborate trolling by DMG/ the BBR.

Browny

Smash Hater
Meh, EVERY tier list has the hype character. be it positive or negative, fox got his this time round. kind of makes up for his sharp drop in 2 or 3 idk which one.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Well, I'm going to hold off on making a topic about this "potential" issue happening yet again until I see the new tier list in it's entirety, and can pick it apart accordingly. But once I can, it looks like there is going to be another round of "Fix the BBR" topics.

BSP

Smash Legend
48 hours...so by 10:12 PM in two days it should be out. Then we can get to this whole "potential" stuff lol.

It would be funny is it was a trolling attempt cause it sure worked on me.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
48 hours is good I guess; but is there no way to make it come out sooner? I'm anxious to see the exact list with all these leaks now. lol

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Yes, the leaking of information is against the rules. Not the GLOBAL rules though, more like a policy you agree to once you join one of the few leading groups in SWF.
I know that that applies to BBR members, and it makes sense, it's simply a term you agree with upon joining the group.

I was asking if it was against the ToS for a normal user to post sourceless "leaked information". As I said it just rubs me the wrong way for the BBR to be policing stuff like that. *shrugs* I'm assuming Browny wasn't infracted for post that though, are the terms for post deletion different? (assuming there is such a thing) Also I briefly mused that deleting such a post would fall under "responsible moderating", but seeing the hilarious turn this thread has taken that's clearly not the case lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
In my opinion judging from seeing 6 pages back.. it could use a bit of revamping.
And no not cause of Yoshi still being in E, Cause of things like Diddy > Falco still? And Ike > Sheik, Ness, Pokémon Trainer? (if i'm correct from what I read)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think Olimar's jump will be overshadowed by this whole Fox thing. IIRC, he's above D3 now. And ZSS is right below Lucario, with G&W in front of both of them IIRC.

And I think I remember the right order for the last bunch of characters: Samus, Jigglypuff, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. No real surprises there.

D

Deleted member

Then why did Fox's jump not surprise you? Like Nid said, he's got nothing to back it up. Fox has no reason to be above weegee atm.
It wasn't surprising because I've seen the massive hype he's been getting from the BBR. It was obvious he was gonna go up. I mean...yeah, I didn't think THAT much, but still.

bigman40

Smash Master
Whenever BBR releases this list, I can finish my CSS rearrangement and finalize my hack pack update. Hopefully you guys won't release it too late before my tourney next week. >.>

Betcha Yoshi won't move and other will fall below him lol.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I know. It's mostly how people do in large tournamen--

Oh wait..

=(

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It doesn't have to be particularly accurate: the absence of a Fox main showing up in the top 200, where there are various characters placed much lower showing up there shows the complete and utter lack of logic in "But Fox has potential!" If he has "potential", what about the characters a whole tier lower who actually have mains in the top 200? What is their potential?

Cry me a river: Fox should not have gotten a boost in the tier list. No contest. No argument. End of discussion. Throw the idiots out.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think we'll see some foxes do amazing stuff in nationals soon enough, but it hasn't happened yet at all, sadly. We are all hoping though. I'm fine with fox being high, I like fox, but I'm not okay with not moving Luigi and Sonic higher up who definitely deserve it.

We see occasional amazing wins from foxes, but occasional wins are very common. A local pikachu player in my region occasionally beats M2k, and DEHF occasionally loses to a really good Zelda (who was placed near bottom this time around).

Tesh

Smash Hero
This is my Official Tier List from my very own Brawl Back Room.

S: Meta Knight
A: Snake,Ike, Diddy Kong, Falco,
B: Sonic,King Dedede,Donkey Kong, Olimar, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch
C: Pit, Toon Link, Lucas, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Ganondorf
D: R.O.B., Peach,Pikachu, Fox, Luigi, Wolf ,Wario
E: Ice Climbers, Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Ness, Bowser
F: Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Marth,
G: Zelda, Link, Jigglypuff

Yea so I figured Marth has potential to be really bad one day once people learn the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom