• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Browny be quiet already, for all your complaints everyone knows as soon as you see the tierlist you're going to throw a big stink about it anyway.

now while i do agree it doesn't really matter since the order of the characters remains the same despite the gaps, those gaps define each noticeable difference between a group of characters to the next. That is what a TIER list is essentially.

It is fine if you wait, its not going to kill you and honestly, considering the fact that people catch a hissy fit no matter what happens, I don't believe the BBR has an obligation to send the tierlist out any sooner.
yup.................

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
The tier list is the tier list. I honestly play extremely competitively in smash brawl. I haven't once delegated any of my strategies or choices off of the tier list itself. It entertains me to no end when I see characters moving up and down in it, I mean it makes sense to see the hard work of some huge tourney wins (ie. fox) and some lack of good performances (ie. Game and Watch). Honestly contesting to a sensitive subject may be overkill. It's okay to express opinions, but you may be wasting your time trying to pick a fight with BBR. The people in the back room are definitely qualified regardless. The tier list can never be set in stone because of the wonderful variations that this community puts out. Smashers are constantly developing their metagame. I would love to win a tournament with Link and have him move up, or maybe Ganon. The interesting thing is to see what the BBR would do with something like that. I am honestly not knowledgeable enough to form a true opinion about the BBR in regards to their executive authority over the tier list.

- Patience is a virtue, but bear in mind BBR, you have the respect and expectations of us in the community. I understand that waiting can be a pain, but the BBR does have a point. The date was moved with notice, and I don't see a lack of responsibility on their part. Tournaments happen very often, so the information that they must process is variable and constantly changing. Give them some slack, in this community it's all about respecting others and being respected. Nobody outside of the BBR could comprehend the time or effort taken to create and maintain the tier list, so this thread is like a collection of opinions then right...? it's like a his word against his word deal.. cutting to the chase here...

Let BBR do their job and give them respect, I have learned enough recently to feel comfortable in trusting them with this job.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Not sure what this is based off of, but if TKD lived in the US he'd be WAY WAY higher >_>
Snake is NOT a top tier character.
He sucks, end story.
you's trollin'
Either way the biggest riser this tier list is Ike...
oh dear god no

WHYYYYYY

edit: oh yeah, I feel that Fox should rise, but not a HUGE JUMP or anything >_>
and I'm assuming Kirby's falling, or at least he's going to be below Fox now, like he should be >____>

and Ike is bad wtf

Browny

Smash Hater
sigh...

And what are the reasons for keeping it a secret? Because the tier divisions are not finalised? please tell me you have more to say than that. You know thousands of people are interested in this and you have the answers but prefer to keep us waiting to change a purely cosmetic aspect of it all. OK fine its your decision you can do what you want, but to threaten with a BAN to keep people in suspense unnecessarily?
no one cares about the tier divisions.

and STILL havent answered the question. Why threaten people with a ban for posting the order? What rule of SWF is broken when people spread information which has no effect on anyone or anything?

D

Deleted member

lmao once again you dont answer the question SL.

being, what are the horrible consequences of people knowing and telling others the order? I see no harm in doing so.
Because he hates you
Honestly what a joke

What are the horrible consequences of making a bunch of spam threads?
Please list them in paragraph form, minimum 2 pages.

Edilt: To answer your question, its because they are going to make a thread about it, and would prefer you not spread leaked information.
No horrible consequences, just you not using common sense

Browny

Smash Hater
well, as i explained before, doing so does absolutely nothing other than waste peoples time and effort. there is a measurable negative effect on that. the exact same situation we are all in right now.

ok?

--

threatening to ban people for posting the leaked order of the tier list.

D

Deleted member

Its only wasting your time and effort because you are whining. There should be no wasted time or effort on waiting for 2 days for a tier list. I know its important but focerealz, get over it.

You are on this site, follow its rules.

bigman40

Smash Master
A list that shows how good characters are in relation to everyone else is important? LOL

Cmon guys. Just quit *****ing and just wait till it comes. I'm pretty sure people have other things to do irl. Besides, if they don't meet the deadline, THEN it gives you the right to complain when they gave us the dates it COULD BE OUT.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Well, I don't understand why people would get banned, it shouldn't be extremely confidential if its for the community, so I agree with you on that point Browny. I feel that something that is meant for the smash community should be open to the community. Honestly that makes me uneasy to hear that they would go so far over inconclusive leaked information. The more and more I check out the tier list, the less and less I care about gaps as well. Gaps make no difference in terms of rank... Thinking of it like this: unless the characters speak for themselves, what difference does it make to the rankings at all how far back Mario is from Diddy... I mean isn't that what MATCHUPS are for? Browny good point!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
A list that shows how good characters are in relation to everyone else is important? LOL
you forgot to mention that the list isn't the end-all-be-all in terms of accuracy (thus why it's constantly changing) and it's partially a matter of opinion in the first place haha
I think it's time to put my extreme debate skills to use:

no u
OH YOU WENT THERE

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I mentioned the constant changing of the tier list a bunch of posts ago... doesn't anyone read what I write? I don't write all that information for the sake of it being disregarded.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I mentioned the constant changing of the tier list a bunch of posts ago... doesn't anyone read what I write? I don't write all that information for the sake of it being disregarded.
if you're responding to:
you forgot to mention that the list isn't the end-all-be-all in terms of accuracy (thus why it's constantly changing) and it's partially a matter of opinion in the first place haha
then well... it's obvious. It's just that, he made it sound like it was some official list, when it's only official in the eyes of "the elite" who are fallible.

tl;dr: take the tier list with a grain of salt, always.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Yeah, I main """""Low Tiers"""" mostly anyways

- meh... im getting tired, this thread is getting boring with everyone in bed

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
hmm its funny how many times I find myself repeating myself only to be overlooked. I have been saying to take tier lists with a grain of salt since 2006 when I had my first profile on here. Is it finally now that people are starting to see that?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
hmm its funny how many times I find myself repeating myself only to be overlooked. I have been saying to take tier lists with a grain of salt since 2006 when I had my first profile on here. Is it finally now that people are starting to see that?
Welcome to my world.
I said the same thing when I came here, no one listened. Said the same thing BEFORE being part of the SBR, no one listens, or perhaps they dont wish to listen even more because I am SBR

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I feel your pain, and thanks, at least you welcome me to your world.. LoL.. Too many people on here forget to read posts.. so I guess I'm not the only one up this late... ahh, the beauty of working 2nd shift... I hate it LoL

I quit this site for a very long while because I was pretty much fed up with the idocracy of a select few people... but in general I support the community as a whole and try my best to use what I know to help.. I just love how people ask for our help, then get mad when we try to help them.. it wastes time..

People who are jealous of the BBR selected few make it known... People feel "entitled" and that's always annoying too... Just don't listen to them. Some of the most respectful members of the community are the ones who just try to help. Too many people just assume that you guys powertrip and have egos, but me knowing some of these higher authorities in person makes it easier to see the truth.

Take me for instance, I have been into smash metagame since 1999, and have never been invited to the BBR. There are reasons for that, and they are acceptable. What people with 10,000 posts and anger issues about not being in BBR don't understand is just how much work and knowledge you actually need to maintain this site and the smash community as a whole. I would love to be there someday honestly, but I see those who are more qualified than me all the time, and none of us are complaining LOL... Keep doing what you are doing for those who respect the community and not just themselves..

TP

Smash Master
and STILL havent answered the question. Why threaten people with a ban for posting the order? What rule of SWF is broken when people spread information which has no effect on anyone or anything?
I'm pretty sure being a tremendous douchebag is a ban-worthy offense. It's their list. They spent weeks debating and perfecting it. It's blatant disrespect to steal the fun of revealing it from them. Furthermore, whoever was short-sighted enough to let you know the list ahead of time should be removed from the SBR. I don't know why rules don't matter to some people.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Browny, it's not whether it's fair that we ban you or not for reposting leaked information. TP brings up a pretty good point I have to admit... But IMO, the real reason could be anything:

1) Because you're being compliant with the breaking of a policy, and you're helping the policy break. You are conscious that people get banned for leaking of information when they belong to a group where the policy is active (everyone knows that), and yet you feel the need to bleed it further simply because you're not part of the group, and you couldn't care less about it.

2) You're being a HUGE troll, and people who prove themselves to be harmful trolls, or trolls bent on literally the worst intentions to a group of people, are banned immediately. This could be racism, nonstop flaming (a la Europe vs America), purposely making others' lives difficult for personal enjoyment (breaking rules constantly, even more so when staff tries to discipline), etc... You would be trolling the BBR as a whole by posting the list and going "You can't ban me because it's not in the rules!", but you forget that it's not the BBR who has the power to ban, but the website's staff. Remember that the BBR is an important part of the website (as with any other back room) and centers around Smash, the website centers around Smash, there are admins and senators that are part of the BBR, and they are the ones who make the rules. Saying they can't ban you, even though they have all the right in doing so, then waving some ban-worthy offense whom people have been banned before because of doing so (there was once a very respected member of this community by the name of Eor, the rest is history, ask the older members if you want to know what happened), is trolling to an extreme you don't want to go to.

3) We want all of the constructive criticism in one thread, our thread. Whether it's negative or positive feedback, any and all posts are greatly appreciated (like for example, ruleset v3.0 -> v3.1). You leaking the tier list means that people will have their questions spread all over the place in SWF, asking questions to other members, getting non-BBR answers for the BBR tier list, and it's no way of having organization. You are destroying our attempts at public relations because of some past event which the VAST majority of us are not to be blamed for, and then making us seem like we're some corrupt group that's trying to run the boards, when it's actually the boards' staff who run the BBR. This type of activity falls short of brainwashing, voicing your faulty opinions so strongly to try and cause a stir within the community so they see us for what we are not, to prove some unknown point. If you were a member who didn't have anything to do with the BBR in the past, you wouldn't be threatening to re-post this information, like Zucco who hasn't even mentioned it since he got the verbal warnng.

No one has gotten an infraction or banned for posting the leaked tier list, because we know you guys are innocent. there's no way you guys could have gotten the tier list by yourselves, and it's only human nature to be curious and social. The real punishment shall go to whoever thought he had trustworthy friends he could share private information with, not because he found out his friends were untrustworthy, but because he agreed to a policy and then ended up breaking it just for kicks.

Also, Brownie, you posted in a previous thread how you wanted to be in the BBR before, but weren't accepted. Whether or not you were accepted is up to whoever was reviewing the applications back then, but if you were ready to become a part of the BBR, you must have agreed to its policies. Simply because you were rejected doesn't mean the policies don't apply to you now; you know the #1 rule in the BBR, you should know that rules are meant to be followed. If you go to a foreign country and there's a law that doesn't permit the people who live there to wear shoes inside their temples, would you go in wearing shoes and spouting "I don't live here!", expecting no one to be able to do anything? I am quite sure you'd get the same punishment as any person who lives there if you go to a country and break a law. The BBR is no different for normal members, if you know of the policy then that makes it even more obvious that you shouldn't post it, nor threaten to post it.

If you think you won't get banned... Wanna try and find out? Whatever happens will not be my fault, and I will not be the one to pass judgment, I can assure you of that... But that doesn't mean other staff members, including senators and administrators, won't be the ones to punish you.

Browny

Smash Hater
oh come on im not being a troll. trolls post hateful comments to get emotional responses. and im not threatening anyone >_< in fact theres a whole lot of insinuations right there and putting words in my mouth, all i ever asked was what rule did i break jeez.

all that is unnecessary btw and off-topic coulda easily been done in a pm :/

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
hmm, this is getting kind of touchy... wait theres an application for the back room? wow I never even knew that... I thought you had to be personally invited or something.. anyways I guess the whole point is that a rule is a rule.. and even though it may not be to everyone's liking, there is a reason for it to be established. Rules and laws are there for a reason. Obviously the people who got this information weren't the real offenders here, it was whomever agreed to the rules of confidentiality (ie. a BBR member) and thinks he/she can get away with it. The mere thought is unsettling, and requires action to be taken. I would definitely punish, or even go as far as to remove them.. as for Browny, yeah maybe this could have been said in a PM, and I don't really feel like you are trolling because you haven't really personally attacked anyone... Just my opinion; again I am not a SWF moderator, so don't take my word for it. In this community there are many variations of opinion, & obviously Browny here cannot get the same access as the one BBR who betrayed the confidentiality agreement, and yes maybe he is irked about not getting accepted into the BBR. That's perfectly acceptable. Remember, this is an official thread on the BBR tier list right, so wouldn't his criticism be rightfully placed being in this thread?

D

Deleted member

wait theres an application for the back room? wow I never even knew that... I thought you had to be personally invited or something.
When the time is right, the BBR will open a thread that will receive your applications. You can go review the previous application thread to see what the requirements to be a BBR member are, though those requirements may very well have changed with the posting of the Backroom Reform thread. I could be wrong, though.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I see, so how often does the opportunity arise to fill out a said application? Is this at the discretion of the BBR or the Moderators?

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I think this statement applies to every one of your posts.

I might be trolling.
I don't agree, an opinion directly relating to the tier list, or something as pertinent as the subject at hand has every right to be expressed. Don't gang up on Browny because he has the testicles to confront people about a seemingly real issue. That is trolling because it has no substance towards the subject of this discussion. Furthermore, regardless of what is said now, I think the subject should divert back to the tier list itself. Not that this conversation is off topic [technically speaking], but I'm sure people want to discuss this new information. Since the information is here now there isn't really a whole lot that we can do to stop its spreading. So who here thinks Link will be top-tier? LMAO:dizzy:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I honestly can't remember where anyone is except high tier ,superbad tier, DK, and yoshi for some reason.

soooo....lets discuss tier list v. 5.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Nobody listens to you because you get pissed that people don't listen to you.

@gtz. Ripple is aok

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I'm not worried about people listening to what I say, I have been in the community long enough to understand that I, like everyone else, have my own opinions... so I can see you've read up on my older posts eh? good for you, but how was that last post @ me pertinent to the subject covered in this thread? I was merely trying to re-route the conversation back on topic.

Tier list 5.o FTW - I hope Link moves up someday [I main him]

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
browny after lightly reading your posts for over many months now i wouldnt be surprised if your deep dark motives were very troll like

come off as a nice guy, then when their back is turned give'm the ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom