• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
inb4 people remind you about that time you stated opinions on Lucario's viability and match ups against MK.

how common a well known/ranked marth beats a well known/ranked meta knight in the same scene is probably more common than your zss hero beating seibrik.
Or any ranked zss beating any ranked meta knight.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There are an army of high-level Marth players and only two ZSS players even worth mentioning. The "best" ZSS slashed through every MK he played short of M2K at NLG Columbus.

Also many of the BBR agreed with my assessment of Lucario in your discussion thread. Only ksizzle and a few random Lucario mains (and Chueee) even made an issue of my statement.

Kole

Smash Lord
Nah man, it's k. I am a master of 2-frame lag. Just look at my sig!
Time to hide again~

And, of course, my sig doesn't show up.
Good stuff.
you don't need to post something like this every time someone does something subtle like put quotes around your name :dizzy:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
you don't need to post something like this every time someone does something subtle like put quotes around your name :dizzy:
I just happened to read through the thread, and saw it.
It's not like I come here hoping to be talked about.
Also, yes I do.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You know what high level marth mains complain about?

I hear more "diddy", "Ics", "dedede", "PEACH"
than MK.
Marth mains ***** about the characters other marth mains consistently beat in tournaments in another region.
Meta Knight is a losing match up, but if it was unwinnable we wouldn't be continually pulling it off in tournament setting. A lot of falco mains switch characters for Pikachu.

To compare MK v Marth to pika v falco, imo, is hilarious.
Honestly, 65:35 may be possible... but its still a better match up than falco/pika... that isn't changing any time soon.

Oh and we're the ones who have guaranteed kills on MK from a grab ;\

Considering over all community standards, I'd place it at 60:40.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I only said it in quotes because while it isn't disputable that NR has been placing better than other Zero Suits, I believe that Dazwa is a more talented player and would be national class if he practiced. For now, Nick Riddle is the best. I wish I could convince Dazwa to play the game. lol

Dazwa took a game off rain (match 1) at APEX in pools and scared him into going MK where he was beaten, because he doesn't know the match-up very well (his region just, like, does not have an MK player lol). He lost 2-0 to larry, but took him to last hit game 1 and kinda choked game 2

@Shaya:

"Hilarious?" That's a little strong. Perhaps "misinformed" would have been a better word to use.

Peach? Really? By all accounts that match-up is awful for Peach, even though honestly I've never thought it was worse than 4/6.

EDIT: ZSS has a guaranteed kill from a grab as well, and from 90%. =) Too bad her grab is god awful.

Purple

Hi guys!
lol, who else believed that.

Yeah, because ignoring when someone says something random as **** about you is totally cool too.

I only said it in quotes because while it isn't disputable that NR has been placing better than other Zero Suits, I believe that Dazwa is a more talented player and would be national class if he practiced. For now, Nick Riddle is the best. I wish I could convince Dazwa to play the game. lol
Holy **** my biased meter is going off the charts. Dazwa can't prove it until he, well, proves it. You can't make comments for people just because you THINK they're talented, if they were they would show that ability.

very well (his region just, like, does not have an MK player lol). He lost 2-0 to larry, but took him to last hit game 1 and kinda choked game 2
So he lost two games.

"Hilarious?" That's a little strong. Perhaps "misinformed" would have been a better word to use.
I thought it was hilarious

Peach? Really? By all accounts that match-up is awful for Peach, even though honestly I've never thought it was worse than 4/6.
What MU, marth/peach? 65:35 imo, which is an annoyance.

EDIT: ZSS has a guaranteed kill from a grab as well, and from 90%. =) Too bad her grab is god awful.
I remember we had an argument that ZSS grab was legit, do you remember that?

Bolded for seriousness, 65:35 is not an unwinnable matchup; largely disadvantageous, however not unwinnable

@DPC:

Pikachu does hard counter Falco. I don't think there's anything at all he can really do to avoid getting grabbed by Pikachu eventually, plus the match-up isn't great for Falco otherwise.
You can win the MU of Pika vs Falco; granted it's illogical, if there's a percentage that you can win, you can win. Just hard as fuxxxx

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Holy **** my biased meter is going off the charts. Dazwa can't prove it until he, well, proves it. You can't make comments for people just because you THINK they're talented, if they were they would show that ability.
He said he personally believes Dazwa is more talented... that's called stating an opinion lol, why are you bagging on him like he's claiming fax?

I'll throw in my -opinion- that I think Dazwa could do as well as Nick has already done ( Outside of shortbus status pools that is :laugh:); he has that potential. The man is a straight up beast, and I wish I was 1/2 that good.

While I'm stating other such fax, Nef's personal list of beastly players:

Dazwa
Anti
Nairo
Gnes
Zex
Kismet

Rest

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You know what high level marth mains complain about?

I hear more "diddy", "Ics", "dedede", "PEACH"
than MK.
Marth mains ***** about the characters other marth mains consistently beat in tournaments in another region.
Meta Knight is a losing match up, but if it was unwinnable we wouldn't be continually pulling it off in tournament setting. A lot of falco mains switch characters for Pikachu.

To compare MK v Marth to pika v falco, imo, is hilarious.
Honestly, 65:35 may be possible... but its still a better match up than falco/pika... that isn't changing any time soon.

Oh and we're the ones who have guaranteed kills on MK from a grab ;\

Considering over all community standards, I'd place it at 60:40.
Yoshi has usmash out of grab relsease

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
There are an army of high-level Marth players and only two ZSS players even worth mentioning. The "best" ZSS slashed through every MK he played short of M2K at NLG Columbus.

Also many of the BBR agreed with my assessment of Lucario in your discussion thread. Only ksizzle and a few random Lucario mains (and Chueee) even made an issue of my statement.
who were the lucario players cuz the only random i see is you.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Without the cg... Falco beats pikachu....
60:40+ in falco's favour for the life of brawl before the cg was discovered.
smh, how does a chaingrab adding 50% change a matchup from 40:60+ to 65:35.

Assuming they both have their old cgs (pikas fthrow) it would likely (and was back then) be evenish. If falco had his and pika did not then I could see a case for falco having a minor advantage depending how much you take away from pika, but thats a weird assumption.

Also ICs arent second best, lol. Not that they should be moved down but there is a bigger case to move them down than marth. IC players are huge theorycrafters, and never perform when it counts though (exception to lain on both counts). ICs are masters of mid-level play though.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
what were u talking about anyhow? i bet zucco junebug lee martin stauffy trela ddint see the post to back me up. i hate when randoms open their mouth about something they know nothing about. and it aint the first time.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
what were u talking about anyhow? i bet zucco junebug lee martin stauffy trela ddint see the post to back me up. i hate when randoms open their mouth about something they know nothing about. and it aint the first time.
You have killer debate skills

It's impossible to have a real argument in this thread so I'm just going to stop trying. I'm 100% fine with being wrong, even totally 1000% wrong, or so wrong it's funny. That's OK with me, because being corrected and having a conversation is how you learn. I'm not OK with personal attacks or ad hominem. Who I am doesn't matter, only what I'm saying matters, and when I attacked or when my "credibility" is called into question, I feel forced to try to defend against that, even though such arguments are ridiculous and logically fallacious. That colloquialism about "going down to your level" is pretty true, I think.

I don't know everything about Brawl. There is a ton of stuff I know. I am no doubt misinformed on many counts. However, so are many of you. I've read your posts in match-up discussions and the like and most of you have NO idea what you're talking about. And that's fine, too because we're here to learn and discuss.

I am not interested in being treated so cruelly when I have done nothing to prompt such a response. If you want to correct me, do so, and by all means do so respectfully.

I chose not to reply to your question because it doesn't matter and you don't matter and who disagrees with me matters even less. It isn't about "who," it's about "what" and when you understand that I'll start to care about what you say. Until then, I don't. If you aren't interested in theorycraft with a bunch of "randoms" ksizzle I suggest you find another thread because people you don't know are going to post here, and many of them do a better job if it than you.

Anyway, **** you all basically.

iRJi

Smash Champion
i asked you a question

and of course, he doesnt answer it. rofl dats dat fear.
Don't bother lol. A lot of people, including him, are idiots and mainly don't know what they are talking about most of the time. The BBR included. He brags about his debating skills when, like always, no one is really trying to debate with him, and his skill in doing so is not even that notable for mentioning. I mean come on, he is the only person priding himself on it. I don't see anyone else doing so.

Ps: Pikachu does not hard counter Falco. The grab stops working if you dodge it until you are @ 45% iirc. THhat is completely possible.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Don't bother lol. A lot of people, including him, are idiots and mainly don't know what they are talking about most of the time. The BBR included. He brags about his debating skills when, like always, no one is really trying to debate with him, and his skill in doing so is not even that notable for mentioning. I mean come on, he is the only person priding himself on it. I don't see anyone else doing so.
My debate skills aren't perfect but I'm trying and I'm polite and I have respect.

iRJi

Smash Champion
My debate skills aren't perfect but I'm trying and I'm polite and I have respect.
Cool. As long as you know.

Since you want something to talk about however, start with me. I don't mind having a discussion with you here for a bit. First, I would like to see the synopses about Lucario you have mentioned. I would also like to hear in depth as to why you think Pikachu hard counters Falco if you don't mind.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fishing for a grab is too easy to prevent when the grab range isn't great :\ Falco also still has his CG to follow ups which can lead to 60-70% if followed up well. Both characters have trouble killing at the same level.

Falco is just soft countered.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pikachu beats falco because he can render his lasers useless just by ducking and he has cg's galore on him

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I never really gave a synopsis. I said that Lucario wasn't as good as he is commonly thought to be and that I think he loses to Meta Knight in a 6/4 or 65/35 sort of way. Note that Lucario losing to Meta Knight isn't the same as X Meta Knight player beating Y Lucario player. There's more to this than who is beating who. I just think Meta Knight's tools in the match-up are superior, but it isn't like Lucario would be unique in this regard.

I actually do not think anything about the Pikachu/Falco match-up. I play some Pikachu and to me, it has always seemed that a low-percent chaingrab doesn't make a match-up. My (uneducated) opinion for a while was that Falco isn't super-easy to grab anyway. However, I saw a post by DEHF somewhere that directly addressed this very concern; Pikachu when well-played can often get the grab at a low percent and get 90% free per game. (I recognize that this is not really relevant but DEHF says Pikachu is unwinnable in this post, if anyone is interested I can try to find it). In this case because my hypothesis (which directly affected this ratio IMO) was directly addressed by someone who was able to answer my question, I accept that the match-up is pretty bad.

Keep in mind that when I said Pikachu hard-countered Falco it wasn't a challenge, it was more of a fact regurgitation in an attempt to reach a separate conclusion (that although Marth and Falco are similar in that they are countered, Falco makes out better because Pikachu is rarer).

This whole mess was started by someone who was attempting to draw conclusions from my post that I didn't really make. Instead of saying "that would be true, but Marth doesn't really lose that badly to MK anymore, it's more because of X" they say "lmao ur an idiot marth doesn't lose to mk."

Do you see why I'm a surprised?

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
I saw it. I just really don't have the will to lock horns with sfp again.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I never really gave a synopsis. I said that Lucario wasn't as good as he is commonly thought to be and that I think he loses to Meta Knight in a 6/4 or 65/35 sort of way. Note that Lucario losing to Meta Knight isn't the same as X Meta Knight player beating Y Lucario player. There's more to this than who is beating who. I just think Meta Knight's tools in the match-up are superior, but it isn't like Lucario would be unique in this regard.

I actually do not think anything about the Pikachu/Falco match-up. I play some Pikachu and to me, it has always seemed that a low-percent chaingrab doesn't make a match-up. My (uneducated) opinion for a while was that Falco isn't super-easy to grab anyway. However, I saw a post by DEHF somewhere that directly addressed this very concern; Pikachu when well-played can often get the grab at a low percent and get 90% free per game. (I recognize that this is not really relevant but DEHF says Pikachu is unwinnable in this post, if anyone is interested I can try to find it). In this case because my hypothesis (which directly affected this ratio IMO) was directly addressed by someone who was able to answer my question, I accept that the match-up is pretty bad.

Keep in mind that when I said Pikachu hard-countered Falco it wasn't a challenge, it was more of a fact regurgitation in an attempt to reach a separate conclusion (that although Marth and Falco are similar in that they are countered, Falco makes out better because Pikachu is rarer).

This whole mess was started by someone who was attempting to draw conclusions from my post that I didn't really make. Instead of saying "that would be true, but Marth doesn't really lose that badly to MK anymore, it's more because of X" they say "lmao ur an idiot marth doesn't lose to mk."

Do you see why I'm a surprised?
Sure. Let's so with this. It's not really an argument, but ok.

As for lucario being a lesser character then intented, outside of the metaknight statement, what are the reasons? He loses to metaknight, in terms of numbers 6:4. I feel his hardest MU is Marth and D3, for these intended reasons.

Metaknight does have better tools then lucario, has more range, and is faster overall. AS plays a big prat in this MU unlike other characters however, because metaknight has transcendent priority. Because of this, Metaknight has to use a defensive option in order to dodge or protect himself from the AS. This results into further reads for the lucario do against the MK in the MU. If he reads a fair, he can challenge with AS, and the same goes for his other moves as well. In the air, he is superior, but you have to do it proprely. Dair camping does not work on Lucario, and on terms of being juggled Lucario's dair out ranges MK's Uair.

Now as for Marth, he does everything MK does in this MU, but to a better extent. Marth is not superior on the ground on terms of MK, but he has the tools needed to put lucario in a state where he has to run away a lot. Also, unlike MK, Marth's forward pressure shuts down Lucario. His fair out ranges anything he can do to apply pressure, and unlike MK, Marth can actually just swing at AS instead of using a dodging option to block the AS. His fair will cut the AS until Lucario is around 135%. He can also juggle him very soundly since his air moveset out ranges all of Lucarios. Our only real option is bair, since it out ranges his fair due to our hurtbox being pulled back on the move, but it is too slow to use as a constant option.

People take for granted as to why D3 wins the MU hands down, but it is for edge guarding. Unlike Marth and MK, a single option (grab) can get lucario off of any stage, and Lucario recovering against D3's air options are very poor.

Other then that, what else makes Lucario a bad character? There are only about 4-5 characters in the game who shut down his approach options. He is not the fastest, but he has enough speed and frame data to get what he needs to get done, done. His worse is a 6:4, and maybe for Marth is a 65:35, but other then that he is 100% viable and usable. Where he is on the tier list I feel is perfect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom