• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayl

Smash Hero
sliq still plays?

Vex still plays bowser?
I was talking about Bowser results in 2009, where Bowser reached 9th a lot thanks to mostly Vex. He plays Pit and Dedede now.

Our 9th places mattered more than the current F-tier top 8 placings =/

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pit is a really good character. I don't know why people dont' see this.

I'm not sure about top 5, and I'm iffy on top 10. I think Pit is about where he should be.

If you're wondering where the hype came from, see Kool Aid, who has really revolutionized the way Pit is played in a very difficult region and places very, very well. Kool Aid:pit::Ken:Marth, except Pit isn't anywhere near as good as melee Marth, so it isn't as noticable to people.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that this tier list is roughly based off the highest competitive level.

So it only applies if you're actually good :laugh:

[/jerk]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@SFP
only thing with that is from what I can tell, not only has koolaids placements been dropping, but hes been playing more and more wario in tourney anyway...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Pit is a really good character. I don't know why people dont' see this.

I'm not sure about top 5, and I'm iffy on top 10. I think Pit is about where he should be.

If you're wondering where the hype came from, see Kool Aid, who has really revolutionized the way Pit is played in a very difficult region and places very, very well. Kool Aid:pit::Ken:Marth, except Pit isn't anywhere near as good as melee Marth, so it isn't as noticable to people.
Oh I know. Pit is seriously underrated, this update will hopefully show how good he actually is. I have no problems with GaW being right next to pit, but under lucario is ridiculous >_>.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
@SFP
only thing with that is from what I can tell, not only has koolaids placements been dropping, but hes been playing more and more wario in tourney anyway...
Well, Pit is still a mid tier character. He places pretty well with Pit given the natural limitations, and it's expected that he would drop a little over time.

But he places much better than any other Pit and more consistently, and again, his region is saturated with really good players.

He basically places as well as Anther, and Pikachu is considered high tier.

D

Deleted member

At first i couldn't believe this is the real tier list... Good to see Sonic is finally where he should be. But why is Zelda so low and CF so high? I mean, CF has a nice jab and some grab combos, but that's it. To me it's always seemed like all the other low tiers had so much more going for them.

hough123

Smash Ace
Lucario finally gets an accurate spot. 11-12 is his spot.

Good stuff.

Obligitory lolzelda

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
He basically places as well as Anther, and Pikachu is considered high tier.
If he places as well as Anther, Pikachu is high tier and Pit is mid, then we could assume that the people haven't learned the Pit MU as much as they've learned the Pikachu MU... Which is proven by his slowly decreasing tourney placements with Pit and also his increasing activity with Wario.

I am still frustrated at Pit's high placement... And Kirby should trade places with ZSS (although it doesn't matter to me at all, I main both). :mad:

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Pit... IDK

I'll just say that at least 1 person thought that Pit was top 5, or believed that future tier list versions would show him steadily approaching a top 5 spot. Take that for what you will.

Il be honest, there is some stuff going on atm with pit. Some people in the BBR didn't even realize pit was this high until it was too late in the process and I know I'm trying to fix that atm.
wat

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually no not him Hotgarbage rofl. Ravyn surprised me, and was basically "Meh, my characters kinda cool, eh's not too shabby".

I won't say who, cause they might get ridiculed for an opinion like that (Different opinions is one thing, but this one seems WAYYY off to just about everyone lol).

I think Pit's Planking, in reality, is just ok. Like there are quite a few holes in his planking to take advantage of. His Uair ACTUALLY isn't that strong of an anti planking move. The big problem is that it is multi hit and lasts a long time, meaning that you can SDI out of it and punish, and that if he commits to it at the wrong time, he is quite vulnerable from being hit from the sides.

Pit's edge camping in general (shooting arrows, playing with the edge in general) I find it to be just... OK. Like Arrows really IMO people over rate them, and I find that people tend to get hit a few times where maybe they shield just a tad too late, or shield and drop it too soon, and then get aggravated and start playing worse/getting hit a lot more. I think the frustration factor (that shouldn't exist if you keep your cool) makes it seem stronger for Pit than it really is.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
yoshi should be like, 9 spots higher yall know nothing bout this game
triforce tier is the best tier gtfo
MK should be like mid tier he sucks all his matches are even
pikachu should be banned hes gay...

now to be srs, zelda really isint that bad, and a zelda/sheik user is too good

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Since Tier List v1.0:

1. Meta Knight =
2. Snake =

3. Diddy Kong +8
4. Falco +1
5. Ice Climbers +8
6. Marth +1
7. Wario +1

8. King Dedede -5
9. Pikachu +3
10. Olimar +8

11. Lucario -2
12. Mr. Game & Watch -8

13. Pit +2
14. Toon Link +3
15. Zero Suit Samus +6

16. Kirby -2
17. R.O.B. -11
18. Donkey Kong -8

19. Peach +5
20. Fox -1
21. Luigi +2
22. Wolf -6
23. Sheik +3
24. Pokémon Trainer +6
25. Sonic +8
26. Ness +2

27. Bowser -5
28. Lucas -1
29. Ike -4

30. Yoshi +2
31. Mario -2
32. Falcon +5
33. Samus -2
34. Jigglypuff =
35. Zelda -15
36. Link =
37. Ganondorf -2

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Since Tier List v1.0:

1. Meta Knight =
2. Snake =

3. Diddy Kong +8
4. Falco +1
5. Ice Climbers +8
6. Marth +1
7. Wario +1

8. King Dedede -5
9. Pikachu +3
10. Olimar +8

11. Lucario -2
12. Mr. Game & Watch -8

13. Pit +2
14. Toon Link +3
15. Zero Suit Samus +6

16. Kirby -2
17. R.O.B. -11
18. Donkey Kong -8

19. Peach +5
20. Fox -1
21. Luigi +2
22. Wolf -6
23. Sheik +3
24. Pokémon Trainer +6
25. Sonic +8
26. Ness +2

27. Bowser -5
28. Lucas -1
29. Ike -4

30. Yoshi +2
31. Mario -2
32. Falcon +5
33. Samus -2
34. Jigglypuff =
35. Zelda -15
36. Link =
37. Ganondorf -2
By that list, Kirby needs Pit's spot, if he had rep, we'd be back in B tier (really the A Tier, if you don't count MK bumping everyone else down)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
since Tier List V1.0:

1. Meta Knight =
2. Snake =

3. Diddy Kong +8
4. Falco +1
5. Ice Climbers +8
6. Marth +1
7. Wario +1

8. King Dedede -5
9. Pikachu +3
10. Olimar +8

11. Lucario -2
12. Mr. Game & Watch -8

13. Pit +2
14. Toon Link +3
15. Zero Suit Samus +6

16. Kirby -2
17. R.o.b. -11
18. Donkey Kong -8

19. Peach +5
20. Fox -1
21. Luigi +2
22. Wolf -6
23. Sheik +3
24. Pokémon Trainer +6
25. Sonic +8
26. Ness +2

27. Bowser -5
28. Lucas -1
29. Ike -4

30. Yoshi +2
31. Mario -2
32. Falcon +5
33. Samus -2
34. Jigglypuff =
35. Zelda -15
36. Link =
37. Ganondorf -2
Lol

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Actually no not him Hotgarbage rofl. Ravyn surprised me, and was basically "Meh, my characters kinda cool, eh's not too shabby".
:0 Surprising indeed. jk Ravyn don't kill me

I won't say who, cause they might get ridiculed for an opinion like that (Different opinions is one thing, but this one seems WAYYY off to just about everyone lol).
DMG does the right thing :cool:
DOES MUCH GOOD?¿?¿SDFJSA;O

Anyways completely agreed about the whole Pit planking thing. It's a legit tactic (legit as in "not being close to broken") no different from other character-specific tactics in the game. I actually think such ledge play adds a cool bit of diversity to the game..... which is why it's a shame Pit gets caught in the crossfire by the LGR's designed to nerf MK :(

Also I'm sure you've covered this before.... but what do you think about G&W's planking? He's the only character outside of MK that really gives me pause (though he's obviously not on the same level). Off the top of my head it seems like if one would abuse ledge-grab invisibility and ledge hop -> attack lagging parachute/ledge drop dj -> do the same it would just boil down to a timing guessing game.... but I dunno lol.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Did i miss people getting a lil angry with sheikhs placement? cause i don't think anyone really cares about zeldas she could go below ganon honestly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
G&W's planking is special, in that he can physically prevent people from grabbing the edge if they try and edge hog him (Uair). His Uair also blows Grenades and other projectiles away (Lol Snake isn't stopping his planking anytime soon). His Upb being invincible for a bit is pretty nice. However, G&W has holes in his planking too that can be stopped. As far as I am aware, G&W cannot usually grab the edge while he is in his invincibility frames. I believe there is a certain margin he has to cross framewise before he can grab the edge from Upb. I am almost POSITIVE that whenever you see people drop down and Upb to the edge with G&W, even when done fairly closely, that technically near the end he isn't invincible. I have Daired and Farted G&W out of his Upb, and with MK hit him with invincible moves from the edge.

Framewise, it is kinda hard to punish G&W, but he is very limited in his planking. He has thresholds that he HAS to Upb, HAS to perform an action or lose, etc. He only has his DJ, and while Uair and Nair are good around the edge, it's not as safe as moves like MK's Uair.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
G tier = Triforce tier

Combine them together and they might be high tier.

...Oh and I can't make up my mind about Sheik, she's above sonic which I'm very pleased about and she did raise 1 spot again but she looks so far from A-B tier.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Shiek isn't really bad (this goes for alot of characters) It's just other characters are simply better. Though I could see Shiek in particular getting a little higher up.

I also think Pit is pretty darn good. He's like Marth with slightly shorter range and one of the best projectile/camp games in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom