• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Lets just agree to disagree. The tier list will never be accurate; it's just one of those things that is nearly impossible to be accurate because of human error.

I'll give Shaya some props because beiing in charge of a tier list with so many people whining and complaining about “Shaya this...Shaya that.” “Oooh Shaya, you did this wrong! “Hecky naaw is that character better than him!” “This tier list is jacked up!”
I couldn't take all of the complaints so good work!! :p

Purple

Hi guys!
If a person mains Link, they do just that, Main Link. Knowing how Link works doesn't mean they know how other characters work. That being said, can you really compare yourself to every character in the tier list when you only know one character; probably not. Because of that, we keep Link where is, for the most part we have no reason to change it.

Actually, the Tier list is quite accurate at a certain point. If we use Mid Tier / Low Tier tournaments as results we actually could see who's better, but we don't have those often on a national.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Be link, our current example, good or bad. There is no proof of this in tournaments. And thats where a majority of the teir list comes from proof on concept.

@ Zelda/Sheik
One character with two movesets. I really think they should be treated this way on the list as well.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
it's just you chose a name very memorable to the atl south community.
Sorry for the late responce, but i did pick this name before he unfortunatly passed, and it's not like i can change it, unless there is a way it can be changed that im not aware of . If there is i am more than willing to change it if it bothers you guys.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sorry for the late responce, but i did pick this name before he unfortunatly passed, and it's not like i can change it, unless there is a way it can be changed that im not aware of . If there is i am more than willing to change it if it bothers you guys.
Oh wow, what an unfortunate name choice. :(

Certain mods have the power to change your name - I'm sure they'll oblige.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
honestly zelda shiek as one character seems rather dumb to me. Ok you already KNOW what character your opponent is why you would start off as shiek when they are ice climbers is beyond me. Switching in a match isn't really practical one you would just START OFF AS THE CHARACTER YOU WANT instead of switching and risking punishment or wasting time, its common sense.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheik can't kill zelda can.

Zelda has issues forcing approaches and racking damage sheik doesn't.

plenty of reason to switch.

Jiggs will move up next teir list. I promise.

Purple

Hi guys!
Yikarur, Zelda is a defensive character that cna kill in potentially one move, hell her moveset is practically a kill move.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Zekda can kill...
...if she ever actually gets a hit in lol

And I <3 Shaya's answer to Dark's question

A curious question to people - do you think Brawl's metagame will develop to become even more campy? It honestly wouldn't surprise me as things develop, people started to go at greater lengths for avoid approaching at all and timing more and more people out as a method of winning. I feel Wario was just the start

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I tend to have an easier time killing with Sheik, fair and bair do a good job killing/gimping

though some characters are easy bait to Zelda's usmash, sometimes I damage the other guy to the point where i can kill with Sheik already

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Game and Watch absolutely has to move down in the next tier list. I'd actually say at this point the rest of the cast has evolved so much around him that he is probably low tier now.. No chance vs mk at all *shudders*

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Maybe Kadardes is just stupid?

He has a very hard time vs. Meta Knight, and Snake, Marth, and Diddy are all troublesome. The character himself, however, is very solid, with an incredible momentum cancel to counteract his low weight, devilishly strong kill moves, excellent range and priority, and a fantastic recovery.

He is not low tier lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
honestly zelda shiek as one character seems rather dumb to me. Ok you already KNOW what character your opponent is why you would start off as shiek when they are ice climbers is beyond me. Switching in a match isn't really practical one you would just START OFF AS THE CHARACTER YOU WANT instead of switching and risking punishment or wasting time, its common sense.
Double blind or in a counterpick. That was easy.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Something I find odd about the zelda/sheik discussion is the fact that she was separated in melee, but now that they're both on the lower side of the spectrum, they want to be combined.

The obv rebuttal is: "zelda covers sheik's weaknesses and some [like 2 >_>] bad MUs, but in melee she didnt need zelda"

There's also the, "This isn't melee" response.

So it seems to me that the problem is How MUCH does shiek needs zelda to consider them being combined?

which is extremely subjective and changes from person to person.

Objectively, you could look at how often sheik turns to zelda, when, etc, but really they should be separate. That's really obv.

Separate in melee, separate in brawl. I don't see why this would change tbh.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Someone put ROB in high tier again please. :(

These rusted joints may not live to work another day in the factory, do this old dadbot one last favor son. Make ROB high tier.

/random

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've always though sheik and zelda should be combined even in melee. they have always been the same character. If I enter a tourney and I go zelda mid match every match who does my win count for you know? It is not unlike switching from charizard to squirt to get in the kill throw. When you factor in Decay and just a match up in general some times Zelda may be the better option a various points through out the match.

Mmm... sheik has better kill set ups? mmm... kind of. all of sheiks kill set ups are very percent dependant. the high percent kill combos like jab->short->dsmash/nair etc. can be considered high risk in a lot of match ups like ICs D3 jiggs kirby charizard etc. etc.

Zelda dosen't need to combo into kills for the same reasons DK doesn't. Her crap when used inttelegently is ridiculously hard to penetrate (unless you are awesome like sheik). and her bait and punish game is amazing because of her crazy high knock back tilts and aerials... CRAZY high knock back.
While her approach game is very one dimentional and beyond lack luster her zoning tools are amoung the best in the game IMO.

I used to feel Zelda deserved her current spot (and this is a tangent away from the Zelda/sheik deal) but people like Ed!!! and Riot have been putting in work as Zelda against some of the best (even if you may not have heard about it)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I do like how snake can duck under all of zelda's ko options tho lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Snake can duck under Dsmash? That's shocking. Also pretty sure he can't duck under Fsmash since nobody can.

Anyway, I always play Zelda/Sheik. as oposed to Zelda or Sheik

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I didn't know fsmash would hit, but dsmash can be easily teched while ducking :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think Zelda and Sheik should only be listed as separate characters if Pokémon Trainer is listed as three separate characters, but I imagine it is how it is in order to keep Low Tier tournament rules from being unnecessarily complicated.

If you're not aware, it is possible to play as a single Pokémon, as fatigue is multiplied by 0.3x when a Pokémon is KO'd. I should do it one time just to be silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom