• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
AlmostLegendary, what don't you get about me living in the same region and personally playing the person don't you understand? :mad:

On a large scale, excluding the atl south region who has personally met him, excluding the zamus community who seen his posts, there were not that many who knew Nick Riddle.

Incase you're wondering why I excluded those areas, the reason is simple. Regions have bias. We have a very good Falco player in our community named Kismet2, since we only experience Kismet2's Falco, and he places well in our tournaments, we feel it's smartest to say that Kismet2 is one of the best Falcos in the nation, if not the best. This is not true in the least, because none of us experienced DEHF, SK92, or anyone of that caliber until late-last year.

Zamus community by itself is small, being one of the uncommon characters to use in the 37 character roster. So even if all of the Zamus community believed that Nick Riddle was hands down the best Zamus, that's still not a lot of people who know that.

Nick Riddle did not travel, so there is a lot of "he doesn't go OoS" bias towards his skill level, which can happen throughout the zamus community as well. That being said, as a national whole, nick riddle was not that well known. CO18? Yes, Seibrik? Yes, Halberd after he went to Texas? Kind of (Texas is right by ATL South). Nick Riddle? No.

tl;dr - Read my posts; don't skim. Stop giving him credit that he didn't have. His true shinging came from MLG events. That doesn't mean he wasn't good months back, that doesn't even mean that he was known by a few people here and there, that just means he wasn't known well throughout the ENTIRE community back then.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
S Tier
:metaknight:

A Tier:
:snake::diddy::falco::marth::warioc::popo:

B tier
:dedede::olimar::pikachu2::lucario::zerosuitsamus::gw:

C Tier:
:toonlink::kirby2::rob::dk2::luigi2::peach::pit:

D Tier:
:fox::wolf::shiek::ness2::ike::sonic::pt:

E Tier:
:bowser2::lucas::mario2::yoshi2::falcon::samus2:

F Tier:
:link2::zelda::jigglypuff::ganondorf:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
AlmostLegendary, what don't you get about me living in the same region and personally playing the person don't you understand? :mad:

On a large scale, excluding the atl south region who has personally met him, excluding the zamus community who seen his posts, there were not that many who knew Nick Riddle.

Incase you're wondering why I excluded those areas, the reason is simple. Regions have bias. We have a very good Falco player in our community named Kismet2, since we only experience Kismet2's Falco, and he places well in our tournaments, we feel it's smartest to say that Kismet2 is one of the best Falcos in the nation, if not the best. This is not true in the least, because none of us experienced DEHF, SK92, or anyone of that caliber until late-last year.

Zamus community by itself is small, being one of the uncommon characters to use in the 37 character roster. So even if all of the Zamus community believed that Nick Riddle was hands down the best Zamus, that's still not a lot of people who know that.

Nick Riddle did not travel, so there is a lot of "he doesn't go OoS" bias towards his skill level, which can happen throughout the zamus community as well. That being said, as a national whole, nick riddle was not that well known. CO18? Yes, Seibrik? Yes, Halberd after he went to Texas? Kind of (Texas is right by ATL South). Nick Riddle? No.

tl;dr - Read my posts; don't skim. Stop giving him credit that he didn't have. His true shinging came from MLG events. That doesn't mean he wasn't good months back, that doesn't even mean that he was known by a few people here and there, that just means he wasn't known well throughout the ENTIRE community back then.
IDK man I always knew about nick riddle seen him rapping on live stream in Dubz with some Lucas forget the guys name but it was **** until Sebrik and CO18 put them donw it was a while ago though. Anyways I don't see how Nick riddle can place high and play on par with players like Seibrik and co18 and not be known even if he didn't travel Sebrik does and so does co18. If you've ever talked to people from different regions in live streams it's easy to find out which players are considered at the top off their region. A fter Snakeee Nick Riddle was considered the best ZSS player. I don't see why it's so surprising for a top player from a top region to place high.

Actually Halberd was pretty well known for a while even though he didn't go to a lot of tournies. I also think before him even going to TX he will still known. I remember seeing him destroy seibrik. Also just need to pay attention more and talk to me players.

It's not enough to say oh X player from X region is ranked in their region so he must be good. This is a beyond idiotic philosophy. If Nick Riddle or Red Halberd didn't have Seibrik or Co18 then it would be more surprising esam also from FL. Whether you want to believe it or not Nick Riddle was known I don't see how someone saying this from a different region from you from nick can say this No regional bias and you still not believe. *shrugs * whatever I guess stick to your misconceptions though. I'm pretty sure Kismet is considered one of the better falco's not the best though.

Purple

Hi guys!
IDK man I always knew about nick riddle seen him rapping on live stream in Dubz with some Lucas forget the guys name but it was **** until Sebrik and CO18 put them donw it was a while ago though.
Note that that entire tournament was a Florida tournament, not a high-level national -eye roll-.

By the way the lucas player was Galeon.

Anyways I don't see how Nick riddle can place high and play on par with players like Seibrik and co18 and not be known even if he didn't travel Sebrik does and so does co18.
Because inui logic doesn't work for one, so just because he plays even with seibrik, doesn't mean he'll play even with people seibrik has played even with. People don't watch FL streams as often as national streams either. Think of it this way, florida streams are usually for florida players, so say... someone from cali, wouldn't watch a florida stream unless something is particularly going on there (i.e - players from California are going). Nationals have people from across the nation watching, considering that the last two tourneys Nick Riddle has done well in are nationals, everyone is NOW learning just how good he is.

If you've ever talked to people from different regions in live streams it's easy to find out which players are considered at the top off their region. A fter Snakeee Nick Riddle was considered the best ZSS player.
That only goes so far, to say "Roxy's the best Peach" doesn't mean much on it's own (which is what Nick Riddle had before MLG). But to be the best Peach, AND place in top 3 at a national tournament, suddenly means a lot more.

I don't see why it's so surprising for a top player from a top region to place high.
Once again, because inui logic doesn't work that way.

tl;dr. you're being ignorant, I'm wasting time responding to your messages, making myself look like an idiot having to spell this out to you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This is what I think it should be:

S: :metaknight:
A: :snake: :diddy: :falco: :wario: :popo: :marth:
B: :pikachu2: :olimar: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :gw:
C: :toonlink: :pit: :dk2: :peach: :kirby2: :rob:
D: :luigi2: :shiek: :fox: :wolf: :ness2: :pt:
E: :ike: :yoshi2: :lucas: :sonic: :bowser2: :mario2:
F: :zelda: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :ganondorf:

I like how symetrical it is :p

Chuee

Smash Hero
Fox > Ness.
Yoshi too high. Move Bowser & Lucas up a few spots. Move Ike up one or two spots, and put Sonic above PT & Ness.
EDIT:
@Jbandit: He plays Yoshi.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hmmm. Same could be said for Lucas eh.

@Chuee: Lol I know =P (a bit of joking was supposed to be in there)

However Ike and Sonic>Yoshi without a doubt.

Chuee

Smash Hero
He's still low tier, and its because of how well he handles the other lows/tops
Wut, how well he does against low tiers should have nothing to do with his placement.
Oh, and theres a few other lows I could say almost the same thing about.
EDIT: Jbandit: & Bowser.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
hmmm. Same could be said for Lucas eh.

@Chuee: Lol I know =P (a bit of joking was supposed to be in there)

However Ike and Sonic>Yoshi without a doubt.
Ill admit that maybe Ike>Yoshi but definitly Yoshi>Sonic

I was thinking about putting ike & lucas above sonic... but i didnt :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
wow ZZ no likey Sonic ;_;

I like playing against him (though I like playing everyone but Martha x_x)

@Chuee: Thank you. To be honest I don't know too much about Bowser.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
sometimes I think SWF needs aibs "troll badge" for people like almost legendary.

due to stage inconsistencies and inconsistencies in general ( like nana being a *******) I do not believe ice climbers should be above marth or wario who can't be counterpicked to a stage for a heavy advantage in almost any match up like taking Ics to norfair (MLG) brinstar or other similar stages.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
sometimes I think SWF needs aibs "troll badge" for people like almost legendary.

due to stage inconsistencies and inconsistencies in general ( like nana being a *******) I do not believe ice climbers should be above marth or wario who can't be counterpicked to a stage for a heavy advantage in almost any match up like taking Ics to norfair (MLG) brinstar or other similar stages.
SO now marth can be taken to RC or Brinstar and simply get out classed? Are you serious?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
you can't read evidently. I said in ALMOST EVERY MATCH UP.

Marth isn't bad on brinstar or RC why you assume he would is beyond me.

IC's on a number of match ups can be taken to stages with HEAVY disadvantages which is something you cannot do to marth or wario

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If everyone is doing it:

S: :metaknight:
A: :snake: :falco: :diddy: :marth: :wario: :popo:
B: :pikachu2: :olimar: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :lucario:
C: :pit: :gw: :dk2: :kirby2: :rob:
D: :peach: :luigi2: :wolf: :fox: :ness2: :ike: :pt:
E: :sonic: :shiek: :yoshi2: :bowser2: :lucas:
F: :zelda: :mario2: :falcon: :link2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:

And I hit submit a bit too early, but I'll spend some time editing this now, I guess.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
you can't read evidently. I said in ALMOST EVERY MATCH UP.

Marth isn't bad on brinstar or RC why you assume he would is beyond me.

IC's on a number of match ups can be taken to stages with HEAVY disadvantages which is something you cannot do to marth or wario
Ah I see I took what you side wrong my bad. Marth still sucks. The sooner you realize this the sooner you can change your mains.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Ah I see I took what you side wrong my bad. Marth still sucks. The sooner you realize this the sooner you can change your mains.
I main marth and I have sides specifically to deal with the MK match up if I feel its necessary, Marth doesn't "suck" when he is placing decently with data to prove it and obviously a number of people in the BBR.

I honestly don't know what logic your using but I don't see it as very good

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
So many people putting Luc below ZSS.

...Really guys? Really? :<
I think Lucario and ZSS are pretty much destined to be right next to each other for a long time. Which one of them is better doesn't matter, and they are probably about the same.

I give ZSS a slight edge because she has a better MK match-up, but some might say her Falco match-up is just as bad as Lucario's MK match-up (maybe worse?). In a tournament, one is more likely to run into a MK for sure.

I think BOTH of them are leagues better than Game and Watch though, and maybe TL too.

Browny

Smash Hater
What do you expect kita, its the monthly random character hype train. Lucario had his turn too you know lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I don't know what to make of the Falco v ZSS match-up, anyway.

Did Nick Riddle play any top Falco mains at any time during MLG?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah I forgot about that.
Silly me, characters can only go up if they place top 16 at a national tournament.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Nah, beating Ally and M2K means nothing (look at my tier list) they play the 2 worst characters in the game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wow you guys get more and more impatient. I understood why everyone made tier list last time around cause they took forever to get this one but **** this one isn't that old. Lol tier list time again.

I'll make one later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom