• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My first time traveling on a plane and East Coast and it was amazing. It was so much fun and hopefully, I can experience it again. Shout-outs later, I'm really tired and I want to get to home to get a proper sleep.

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
shout out to shout outs

Hbox played really good, you guys are just hating because your favorite player didnt win. Javi is really good(should of teamed with me though..lol) So many sd's this tourny

congrats to Armada for winning the tounry and it was fun doing team friendlies with you

why should Javi have teamed with you? he's like worlds better and deserves somebody better to team with imo

Aposl

Smash Ace
Im actually salty about people cheering against H box and M2k, I used to not care, but year after year these guys get **** on by spectators, when they play out of country players. Lets defend our house people, they wouldn't be cheering for us if we went there and played they're great players!

Shout outs later!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Im actually salty about people cheering against H box and M2k, I used to not care, but year after year these guys get **** on by spectators, when they play out of country players. Lets defend our house people, they wouldn't be cheering for us if we went there and played they're great players!

Shout outs later!
I don't get why usa is so patriotic. Why should they cheer for someone they dont like?

:phone:

PB&J

Smash Hero
why should Javi have teamed with you? he's like worlds better and deserves somebody better to team with imo
thought this was discussed, He was suppose to team with his twin brother tuga but he coudnt get his visa in time then i was suppose to team with him then people like u and a whole bunch of people said" hes way better than you,why should he team with you?" I said im really good in teams and i think we can ****,but it didnt happen. I ended teaming with soft, Javi ended up teaming with Hugs and the ironic part of the whole"me sucking in teams" is, that me and soft knocked hugs and Javi out of the tourny. lol. Javi is still mad cool though and has a new respect of me now and said he will team with me next time for all those haters out there

edit: me and soft vs Javi and Hugs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAr_Rn0MVO0

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
We probably wouldn't cheer for Americans, but it's not like there exists a "Europe" chant, while the inspirational and well articulated "USA USA USA" gets used for like every major match involving someone out of country over there. It's also not like Americans will ever come over here, so it's kind of a moot point. I do agree that people shouldn't cheer against people though, that's just ****ty.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Smashers are bored people they choose to hate for no reason just cuz everyone else is doing it lmao as far im concern what hbox is just doin what he needs to do to win. His way of playing isnt effecting anyones life so why ya hating this kid forreal. Basement ceatures i swear get out of your house lmao

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
JAVI IS THE TRUTH like dayum

Mango is silly

Armada is too ****, congrats for being the best in the world

Hbox bringing Puff back to life, **** the haters<3... except Grand Finals cause that was wack, again. ;) lol.

Also, is that our Alu getting 3rd in Marvel!? I see you!

Sexy tournament, wish I could have been there. Thanks to everyone involved. The stream was **** 99% of the time also, thanks for that.

P.S. M2K makes me sad :/

Edit: Almost forgot, Ice is 2good. Mad **** in crews! And the way M2K was playing in crews... omfg. Whyyyy didn't he go hard in singles? I honestly think he would have gotten 3rd at the very least.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
just out of curiosity, how many stream viewers were there by the end of melee grand finals? i know there were over 8k for winners finals.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
godlike tourney shoutouts later, really kinda sick and feeling demoralized for the weekend due to lack of sleep and how badly people smell lol

japanese know how to attend a tourney with swag, like rain, ocean and captain jack

i love out of country players <3

Doom is GOD at TOing, massive respect.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Don't get me wrong I really like Hb's jiggs, but sometimes you gotta pull something else outta your *** instead of trying to take a **** on the ****ter.

And I mean that in the most possibly respectful way. These players in general are leagues better than I could ever accomplish in Brawl even.

I used to main Young Link in Melee so seeing one in Grand Finals instead of what I was used to seeing back to back in old days Marth Fox Falco etc... It's refreshing and hype, even if he's only a secret weapon against Hungry's Puff, and forces him to camp right back, even though it's not a successful strategy :.<

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i have to say it is extremely sad seeing people bash on hungrybox's "patient" playstyle, even though he LOST, and armada was clearly camping back if not harder, but it's young link and it's armada so everyone's cool with it.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Congrats to the World champ Otori, not even salty that America lost even the MK dittos were hype at this.
I agree!
the otori vs nairo set was probably the best mk set ive seen in a long time lol. Rain commentating Grand Finals was really cool to.

Javi vs Dr PP in melee was a nice set to!

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I remember there were japanese players such as Captain Jack and Masashi in ESA2 and we europeans didn't cheer against them at any point, more like the other way round, it was mad hype having them there. that's the kind of respect the US should be payin the best player in the world as he attends your tourneys. I'm speaking Armada here obviously.

anyways, it would be nice to see at least 1 US player making it to Euro tourneys from time to time but that doesn't happen.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I assume chibo vs ocean was ocean winning?

Mike beat leon in the ditto but did he beat Mr R in the ditto?

Did dehf beat otori?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to my pool.

VTS: Good games. I've always loved IC's (used to main them), and after this tournament I'm considering making the switch back.

Lovage: Thank you for destroying me. I consider our match to be my $15 entry fee going towards a one-of-a-kind, first-person VIP access to an improvised combo video.

TWebb: Not sure what happened first game, but that will never happen again, haha. Good **** messing me up. That fox is tight.

Duck Pimp: Good games. I thought you mained Falcon. It made me sad when you picked Marth. :(

Cactuar: Thanks for the friendlies. Your movement looks absolutely sick. Amazing fox.

Palpi/Citizen Snips/Metal Reaper/No Cash: I shouldn't have to say anything, so I won't.

Whoever else I played: I have a ****ty memory right now, but you're probably awesome and I love you.

Most importantly:
BUTTSTEIN: You have, by far, the worst tag in the history of gaming. You are an embarrassment to our community. But, I love you, and I love your hats. You have no idea who I am, but I worship you.

Awesome tournament. I don't even care that GFs were boring as ****, everything else was amazing.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wish hbox would've won. He's a really chill guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

I was also rooting for m2k, to be honest. I saw that pic with everyone going crazy when m2k lost, and I felt bad for the guy. I hope he unerstands that people always like rooting for the underdog, once you're seen as the best and stay like that for a while, people stop rooting for you hoping for something different. Even if you're not the best anymore, people still do this. :/

Luigisama

Smash Champion
WHAT?! lol I got 33rd in Ssb64? I didn't play tedium or three matches. I only played koro and Espy.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Shoutouts to Hbox trying to time out Young Link again and ruining two Apex Grand Finals in a row.

Shoutouts to not enough setups for friendlies.

Shoutouts to people taking stuff that didn't belong to them.

Shoutouts to Lefty losing his gamecube.

But real talk...

Shoutouts to Boat Mode and the Kings Park smashers for being awesome dudes

Shoutouts to Fat Sandwiches

Shoutouts to Wings

Shoutouts to everyone who I hung with

Shoutouts to Prog

and thanks for hosting regardless.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Just wanted to say thanks again to Alex and everyone who made this tourney happen, and everyone who came out to play... I know I said this to you already but this was the best weekend I ever remember having, it was nothing short of unforgettable. Thanks for making my first out-of-province tourney the best thing ever. :)

I was the girl in the kirby hat/shirt, ness hat/shirt, and pikachu hoodie... SWF-befriend me or add me on facebook (stef kischak) or something people cause I ****in love all of you haha :)

BMC

Smash Cadet
The US did win the USA vs. the World in Melee. :smirk: Tournaments as big as this with multiple countries involved doesn't make me think which country will have the player that is going to win. I think the player themself, and the character used is more important. I'm glad Armada won melee. Nietono and Otori also deserved their first and second placings. Nairo did really well too. Almost got second. Overall, it looked like a really great tournament. :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Why did SF4 pay out top 5, but everything else top 3?

Or are the payouts incomplete?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Stupid Seibrik. I blame him 100% for the fact that Melee GFs lasted for 8 games.

It was 3-2 then 3-0, right? XD

Edit: Not hating on Melee, Hbox or Armada or anything, I JUST WANTED BARLW

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
:Otori fun friendlies
2:Nietono smh so many habits i wish people caught on to and adapted to
3:Nairo good job kid im really proud of you , and I never want to hear trash botu this kids skill level again!
4: ESAM fun weekend man , glad you perfromed very well and avenged dabuz good shiii
5: Ally ? hope you remain active i can see ou adapting
5: Kakera scary team combos
7: ADHD forever #1 diddy good job wyatt
7: Razer gj didnt see you matches for the most part but good job clutching vs adhd
9: OCEAN omfg brain burst biggest upset in whole event
9: DEHF ... damn they didnt put you and nientono in the same bracket
9: Gnes your a dsf as some call it , glad esam eliminated your cheating ***
9: Rich Brown gj beating m2k cannot say i saw that coming
13: Brood good seeing ou again
13: Rain wtf the skillful punishes on v were ridiculous
13: Dabuz dont worry bout this you got it next time if there is a next time
13: Mew2King... no comment
17: Mr. R very fun to watch your marth in action
17: MikeHaze forever the #1 marth good chilling with you again
17: Orion lmfao that random outburst vs nakat
17: Fatal holy chudat what an upset in teams
17: Havok sux crews never happened
17: Zero wtf at the upsets in teams
17: Z voctory over trela , did not see that coming
25: Seibrik almost had that team win
25: Reflex sorry to hear bout the car situation
25: Atomsk sorry you didnt reach your goal
25: Coney sick game vs 4god had everyone on their toes
25: Tyrant good times this weekend , sorry i couldnt get you to the airport
25: Zex god seeing you again, sorry bout what happened to your boys sean and choice
33: Salem big upset guess we didnt need that mm after all
33: Ilmatic your getting there keep active
33: Trevonte causing some hype in this event good stuff
33: FOW sorry bout the bracket ****
33: Nakat good seeing yu again
33: Logic TOOL
33: Leon odd technique with chibo
33: Holy good seeing you again , saw that ditto with ocean good stuff
33: Trela dont doubt youll be making the rebound from this
33: Bloodcross not bad
49: San replace those shoes my dude , so your feet dont freeze
49: Nick Riddle fun seeing the papa troll again
49: X glad you came it was fun seeing you and actually playing you
49: Kismit good stuff in pools
49: Seagull the lone wolf in bracket good job making it that far in this stacked competition
49: Vinnie dont sweat it this event ran too long / you were tired just rebound
49: Dojo crazy comebacks in teams
49: shadow fun watching your pool in stream
49: Dark Peach good stuff making bracket
49: Sky ? lol this guy trying to get olimar banned
49: Pwii sux you had to leave early
50 to all the friends i saw at this event who didnt make bracket and just made this a good time thank you all

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, so now all I need are the payouts, unless this paid out to Top 16, in which case, someone let me know.

1: Otori==:metaknight: ($3600)
2: Nietono==:olimar: ($1760)
3: Nairo==:metaknight: ($960)
4: ESAM==:pikachu2:/:popo: ($640)
5: Ally==:metaknight:/:snake: ($320)
5: Kakera==:metaknight:/:popo: ($320)
7: ADHD ==:diddy: ($200)
7: UltimateRazer ==:snake: ($200)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hey guys, just woke up but Alex says that payouts will be to top 8 for doubles and singles so the OP will be adjusted later tonight.

Top Bottom