• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

J03

Smash Master
good fest guys, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Ill be hosting the same thing for all England games and i hope you all come back except tom and yen because the money seems large scale haha.

Yen: MO PATIENCE

Tom: sick as always, i get the feeling we'll have to play at GT3 at some point, the balls in my court from GT2 so come take it ^_^

Chaz: great to see you again man, please come down for more england games ^_^

Alan: ****ty peach, id stick to the ganon from now on

Ant: <3 see you soon

Coey: are you coming over for the other games if work permits?

Chris: not sure if we got to play =o, you need a loud voice to get games these days haha, was great seeing you again and i hope you come back for more england madness ^_^

-------------------------------------------

Crews went down a treat, myself tamoo yen and chaz lost out by 2 stocks =(, no other events took place but me and coey are clearly the team to beat come GT3, yall going down ^_^

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Jo3 I've put you in charge of the first post so you can update whenever with ease etc.

Had a really good time, super tired so I'm heading to bed, will do shout outs in the morning, looking forward to watching crews lol.

COEY

Smash Lord
dunno joe you seem really bad luck when watching football, so we'll see. we've always been the team to beat mate just nowadays ppl start to realise it. beating ant and alan 3-0 is one of the highlights of my smash career :)

J03

Smash Master
Tamoo, could you upload as many matches as possible or host them so i can get them please. I very much need the info on my game haha

interested list for Smash For England

Coey
Chaz
Blinky

J03

Smash Master
hey the filth (which i refuse to call you so your gonna have to tell me your atual name =P) its in manchester, if you get a train to piccadilly station of a coach to manchester coach station and i can pick you up from there. dyu play brawl or melee coz in manchester its all melee baby

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
The Filth = Dooan
Just watched the crews match, can't wait to play you guys after my exams

Kone

Smash Master
joe - who is coming on the 26th? if it is you, ant, alan, will then ill try head on up. Also, are you guys planning to go to gt3? if you guys headed to brum im happy to drive us from there on the morning of the tourney and then back to brum after it. Cannae be arsed staying around london and the hassle etc. Let me know ^_^

J03

Smash Master
ed: if your driving down to gt3 then i would very much appreciate a lift =)

as for the 26th i dont know whose coming yet.

will, blinky, chaz and ant are interested/likely and i dunno about dooan or alan. its first come first serve so if you would like to come your always welcome ^_^ its been too long so we need a catch up coz theres been lots of nice little developments for me and my flatmates =D

AmcD

Smash Ace
Do you England have a match on the 26th?
I'll let you know closer to the date if I will be coming or not.
Also, I won't be making gt3 now, I've got something planned for that date :/ I thought gt3 was the week after.

J03

Smash Master
we have a tourney/round robin but its just run out of my house so i cant really have more then 4 sleeping unless ant could house also.

i can have up to 7 here but at least 3 would have to be housed elsewhere

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
yup guys, i'm not working on the 26th so i'm good to come over!
also, my voice is well annoying. i never knew
:confused:

COEY

Smash Lord
chaz i was saying to joe, i think you sound alot like gary lineker. its your mannerisms too, thats a compliment btw hes one of my fav footie pundits aftewr geoff stelling ofc

J03

Smash Master
haha chaz is a classy guy. room at mine for anyone who wants to come for the 3rd england match

Tamoo: is there a way to host them so i can DL them and help with the uploads?

Kone

Smash Master
They were absolutely terrible. There was literally no one in the centre of field to pull the strings between the front two and the back four and why the hell was heskey found all the way out on the right for so much of the second half? Barry dropped back far to much and I have no idea where lamps was. On top of that Rooney lost his first touch :(

When will capello play 5 across the midfield with gerrard pushed close to rooney (his best position) everyone is calling for this including foreign journalists. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

J03

Smash Master
It seems unanimous that everyone wants Gerrard playing off Rooney. Ive been nout but disappointed with Lampard but i always am haha

I DONT UNDERSTAND how England can be reduced to long range pops on goal against Algeria, it shows a massive lack of imagination up front, no one playing through the defence apart from Rooney and you want him on the receiving end of the pass!

COEY

Smash Lord
i deffos cant make 26th joe, and im pretty sure wednesday is out of the question too :(

tho im off to buy a jisung korea shirt when i do get time off :)

Kone

Smash Master
Rooney didnt even play through the defence last night. It was only his reputation that get him on the field. Your right about the long range shots. People down the pub were banging on about the amount of chances we had. What a load of rubbish. England were forced to have a crack at goal as we didn't have the imagination to unlock the algerian defence when it mattered i.e. to get into the box. I think only Lamps had a shot on target within the algerian box and he flumped it. What a mess. Id say take lamps of but we aint got anyone to replace him with. Carrick is balls.

Cole - Lamps - Barry - Lennon

Gerrard

Rooney

Please!!!!

Joe - The day of the tournament. Cant be arsed being housed in some parents house, feel 2 old for that now lol. Its only just over 2 hours from brum to london. Ill just drive us there and back on the day if you are up for that. Just make it down to mine the day before for some drinks and practice? See if alan, will and ant want a lift aswell.

J03

Smash Master
okies mate will do

definitely agree with that formation btw, Barry to hold the line, Lamps to push up if needed to collect crap clearances and keep the perssure on with Gezza and Roo doing the buisness with great help from the wings.

Id also try Cole in attacking mid because hes a legend xD

COEY

Smash Lord
id like a lift please mate.

and id swap lennon with wright phillips on the right, most people dont give him credit but he's been one player that has worked really hard in both games. even when he was played out of position against the states. lennon cant cross for ****. dawson should come on for carragher now hes suspended as well.

Kone

Smash Master
I agree with dawsom over upson, had a terrific season with spurs. I don't agree with Shaun - cul de sac- philips though. Yes- he works hard but like walcott/Lennon there is generally very little end product out of it and no one seems to play off him very well/understand his movements. A.Cole does to a degree but id much rather have joe cole on the left with his experience and ability to take players on. Wish we had taken johnson :s

edit- cool about getting a lift will, you going to come down a night before aswell?

J03

Smash Master
Coey: i can get us return coach tickets from manc-brum, outbound friday (16th July) 5pm arrive 7.40pm and return on sunday (18th July) at 4.15pm and arrive at 6.50pm for £16 (8 each). If these times are ok with you i can book them asap

Kone: are the times above ok with you?

grayfox

Smash Champion
You need to get Crouchy on, hes the only striker that scores for England! The Heskey plan doesn't work, hes only there to get Rooney into the game, shame Rooneys ****e for England isn't it?! Pretty much playing with no strikers as it stands! HAHAHA

Capellos a ****, should'a taken Campbell and Walcott, now look at the state of affairs hes in. And wheres Joe Cole?!

Top Bottom