• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Characters I'll be playing on tuesday; Deadpool, Phoenix, She-Hulk, X-23, Wesker, Amaterasu, Chris, Chun-Li, Dante, Felicia, Jill, Morrigan, Tron, Joe, Zero, and Hsien-Ko.
I will enjoy MvC3 greatly...Who are you guys gonna be joy riding?

EDIT: I apologize for the double post but I was havin some trouble gettin edit to go through on the previous post :/...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Just play who you like

Dont think many smash players will really really play this tough with the comobos n such but hopefully we do

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Accordin to this...There are 560 unique combinations with just the characters I listed above :3
EDIT: differing teams of 3 I mean...
EDIT: Ffffffff I hit edit dangit @.@

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Yeah. I'm thinkin of also tryin a few others like the chick from DMC that I'm still sort of on the fence about...and 1 or 2 others I think...

Revven

FrankerZ
New Project M matches! :)
Gotta say, props on the Marth matches, really shows that he plays very close if not exactly the same as he does in Melee. Obv you need some pointers on how to use Snake though, I was kind of bored while watching that match >.>. I loved me some of that Falcon though you really need to moonwalk taunt cancel, it's the hip new thing to do to show off! LOL

But really overall, I liked the videos. Good ****.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Gotta say, props on the Marth matches, really shows that he plays very close if not exactly the same as he does in Melee. Obv you need some pointers on how to use Snake though, I was kind of bored while watching that match >.>. I loved me some of that Falcon though you really need to moonwalk taunt cancel, it's the hip new thing to do to show off! LOL

But really overall, I liked the videos. Good ****.
Thanks man, they were a lot of fun to record. I'll never be good with Snake in Brawl or any other version of him, I don't have the mindset for the character (except for in Duelist Pro LOL). Give me Melee Marth, Falcon, or Falco though and I'll always get down! It felt so amazing to be able to mesh the Melee techniques with the Brawl ones, like using the properties of an RAR but interrupting the jump with a wavedash, or mixing B reversals with the Melee airdodge for good evasive mixups. While both separate games have their own inherent flaws, it seems like something beautiful can come out of essentially mixing the two together by what I've seen so far. Keep up the good work guys, seriously! :)

I can't wait to see how Peach turns out. Oh and will MK's Tornado get ***** by CCing at low percents? It just seems to me like it would. I sure feel for the vBrawl characters (especially my own >.>; ) who don't have that tool, haha.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
VJoe, Deadpool and Ameratsu or wesker for me I think.
Probably going to tool with all the characters a bit and probably settle on 2-3 teams like I did in TVC.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Bah forget her. She ain't no Joe!

Dear NEOH, allow me to lay out my schedule for the following week:

Monday: Work morning. Go to gamestop because apparently I still can preorder MVC3 the day before. Come home and sob quietly in a corner because MVC3 isn't out yet and therefore life just isn't worth living.

Tuesday: Go pick up MVC3. Life is officially amazing. Smashfest happens here (4 PM), although it will more than likely be 90% MVC3.

Wednesday: What? Work? Man...

Thursday: Ahhh... sweet sweet MVC... Another smashfest happens here (4 PM), probably mostly MVC3 again.

Friday: Work again? Really? This is starting to cut into MVC time...

Saturday: Ahhh... finally home. Time for some- what? I have to work? All day? Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu...!

Sunday: Whew... that was a long day, but at least now... what? 8 AM? But I just got home! This some bo'****! *quits job* Ahhh... back to MVC.
(Seriously though, since I work morning on Sunday smashfest then too. This one will start at 6 rather than 4 though so that I have time to take a nap after the hell that is back-to-back-to-back weekend shifts.)

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Some. If my mother, argent, and or someone else can get me a ride I will gladly MvC3 you. What's your address though, out of curiosity?
EDIT: Oh FYI Fro if I get mine dropped off early tomorrow (it can happen with delivery pre orders done via the internet, especially with US Economy Postal which is what Capcom paid for for everyone who pre ordered from their site and choose that shipping prior to friday) I will let you know in case you want to come to my place for monday MvC3 :p

Revven

FrankerZ
I can't wait to see how Peach turns out. Oh and will MK's Tornado get ***** by CCing at low percents? It just seems to me like it would. I sure feel for the vBrawl characters (especially my own >.>; ) who don't have that tool, haha.
I haven't actually tried tornado with the current work in progress CCing but I'm pretty sure it will eat the tornado since it does such little damage and knockback. As it is, everything goes through it now because it has transcendent priority instead of normal priority (meaning projectiles can actually hit him now too while he's doing tornado) and gravity has ***** its mobility pretty hard.

I need some smash in me this semester though, last semester I went without smash for the whole four months until break...

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
There's too much talk about MVC and PM going on here. I know I'm not the only one that wants to play actual Brawl and go to tourneys still...right? You all are worrying me, especially after no one jumped on the fact that I wanted to go to a tourney two weeks ago. :urg:

Usually it's like "Argent wants to go? We have a ride now."

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There's too much talk about MVC and PM going on here. I know I'm not the only one that wants to play actual Brawl and go to tourneys still...right? You all are worrying me, especially after no one jumped on the fact that I wanted to go to a tourney two weeks ago. :urg:

Usually it's like "Argent wants to go? We have a ride now."
Nope, haven't really been excited about Brawl since mid 09. I kind of just...go to events out of some strange sort of obligation. PM is the most legitimate Smash fun I've had in over two years. MvC3 excites me to learn something new as well. Brawl...is kinda...I dunno anymore. xD

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I'm a melee player and I'm interested in PM, remember Argent? I play Brawl, I enjoy the community, but I don't play it for anything other than the fun of being with my peeps :3. But MvC3 is huge, and I can only go to tournaments/smashfests people can take me to, such as Argent or family. Plus I usually lack venue and/or tourny entry fee money for more than 1 tourny per time, and I usually pick melee...
EDIT: I said 'such as argent' instead of 'such as u' cause im sorta distracted by a crappily censored tv version of Wanted. I Wanted mindless violence (HUR DUR SEEWUTIDIDTHAR)

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm hyped for MvC3 but I'm spending my money this month on Killzone 3 rofl. I'm more of a shooter guy now for some reason than I ever used to be... dunno why, funny **** just happens some times on shooters I guess. I'll prob. get MvC3 in March or something but it does interest me because I played TvC for awhile.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Dude Funny **** happens all the time in every game, especially aroundm e xD. Me n my friend were playin melee one time...his bomb was sitting on the edge (link of course) and he up bs. It starts sliding on the ground, towards me (it was FD or FoD) So I jumped backwards or over it, and it KEPT sliding...and BAM right into it. Like a ****in homing missile. Shame we didn't record it.
Or this one time last week me n my bro were playin magicka. I cast a spell n blew my brother straight up and myself n some goblins as well. Well, the goblins dropped like 5 or 6 bombs in a nice pattern when they died. My bro lands after a second or 2...and blew straight up.....It took him almost 10-15 seconds to come down, and he flew past the screen so fast I barely saw him. He hit the very bottom of the lake, and drowned (lost us an amazing staff too xD). But yeah, fighters have some funny **** happen....I'm hoping to get a PS3 once I get this job **** going...You got a 360/some 360 games or any pc games falco? I can hit you up if you play any other online games beyond Killzone 3 :p. Funny **** is 100% guaranteed with me.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
BTW GUISE...
Venue confirmed.
Dates are being looked at from a MONTH FROM YESTERDAY until THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!
So yeah, we will find a day/days for local tournaments with a pretty nice venue.
Yessssssss

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm the same as before... Hosting 1-2 smashfests a week that only Akron people attend and go to tournaments on the rare occasion that I'm not working that weekend.

That being said, MVC also looks fun so I'm hyped. It's like my TVC hype except I know I'll actually have people to play MVC with me.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I wanna go to a Fro smashfest sometime...but parents wont let me go to Akron...especially on school nights :C

And yes Infern, NEOH tournament xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@Beef: You prolly just like the scene that's all. I'll be PMing you about pound later this week.
Yeah that's probably what it is.

And ok, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the message. We need to get everything perfectly collaborated with King early. What's the situation with parking by the way? I'm not going to pay that silly $25 a day valet parking. xD

@ Thread- I have 21 new Project M matches I'll be uploading tomorrow with me against a good opponent. They're SOOOOO SEXY, and SOOOOO HYPE! I'll post the links for you guys later. :)

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Well the problem with me and weekday smashfests (beyond Friday) is that usually I try to make my schedule so that I conk out a few hours after getting home from school so that I can wake up in the middle of the night and be awake in time to leave for the 6 45 AM bus I now have to take to my program. In fact, I'll prob be up all night if I can to try n do that n get my schedule fixed.... :/

Revven

FrankerZ
@ Thread- I have 21 new Project M matches I'll be uploading tomorrow with me against a good opponent. They're SOOOOO SEXY, and SOOOOO HYPE! I'll post the links for you guys later. :)
Sounds delicious. It irks me recently though how the game has only been out for a week now and people are already calling Snake garbage... only because they can't use him like they can in vBrawl. ROFL.

Hey KB, you going to Pound 5 rite? How bout entering that Project M tournament there? :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Sounds delicious. It irks me recently though how the game has only been out for a week now and people are already calling Snake garbage... only because they can't use him like they can in vBrawl. ROFL.

Hey KB, you going to Pound 5 rite? How bout entering that Project M tournament there? :p
Lol Snake actually fits right into the environment just fine. He, along with Lucas and Sonic, bring an extra spice of creativity to the table. The people whining are obviously of the Brawl mindset with the character like you said, and that won't fly in a game where he actually has to take to the offensive and use his tools differently. You'll see that I've gotten a better hang of him in my more recent match. He's fun and I commend the team for what they did with him, Lucas, and Sonic. Can't wait to see the rest of the cast.

And of course I'm entering the Project M tourney, haha. No question there.

Revven

FrankerZ
Now you're getting the hang of playing the other characters, some nice Mario play there for sure. Still need some Snake getting used to I see (such as not doing the down B fake out three times in a row LOL). But other than that, we'll need to somehow play together soon... though obviously we can't this weekend because you're going to Pound 5 and I'm not.

Top Bottom