• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

solecalibur

Smash Master
I doubt it lol, we also prob are gonna choose our stages from a hat because when you hit random it isn't "random" so I heard

Im not taking this tounry seriously but to have a good excuse to mess around unless the tounry seems to be legitimately run

clowsui

Smash Legend
Stage select is random unless you and your opponent agree to a stage

Idk how hard imma go at this, prolly hard cause i wanna fight infern

links24

Smash Ace
yo peeps of NEOH guess what.....im retiring!!!!!!! like seriously though lol after 2/26/10 mainly keist's tourney i wont be playing smash anymore after that just like lettin ya know on the qtip ya dig (lol my friend dared me to talk like that for a week so far its goin good..................) but seriously i am retiring after that tourney

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I'm not very good vs Falco. I know the matchup, but I still am not very good at it. I have only vs'd Lie in a MM and lost 3rd game. I also lost to Omni's Falco on Ps1 (I think) in tourney. I have vids vs Omni's Falco where I lose last hit, last stock due to a trip...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9w8iFiIWhA

Good match though.

45-55. I find Kain to be the best at the Falco vs Wolf matchup.
I watched your match Seagull, and there are PLENTY of things I could tell you that would help your game against Falco. That matchup is so close to even. Splitting hairs I'd give Falco the advantage by like 1. x.x

1.) If you space correctly you won't get grabbed. Sure he's got great ways to grab you, but spacing bair all day eliminates his ability to grab you. :p Plus platform camping makes it a whole lot easier to keep away from him at low percents.
2.) Wolf punishes Falco a lot worse than Falco punishes Wolf. When Falco full jabs, you get a free fsmash. The only thing that he can do to avoid it is reflector if he stops it as soon as you SDI out of it.
3.) Falco's camp game is better than Wolf's obviously, but trading lasers is a pretty good idea considering you're going to live longer than he is. Plus shine makes it that much easier to counter his lasers.
4.) Force Falco offstage and you just gimp him. It's difficult sometimes, but if you snipe him down with a laser, it's a stock.

When you look at the MU at first, it looks like Falco has the advantage for sure. It just takes A LOT of practice to get it down. I've played SoraSin so much in friendlies that I literally know exactly what moves to use to punish him and to get myself out of sticky situations.

e/ I think you think of Falco the way I think of Meta Knight. I really thought Meta Knight was a dumb MU for Wolf, but as of lately I've gotten more practice against him and I think it's more in the 60:40 to 55:45 range when played correctly.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I see somebody has forgotten they main Falco.

Stay free. :awesome:
Oh right, I forgot your state is populated with Pikajew-me-out-of-my-stocks and Ice Grimers.

:glare:

I see that he mains Diddy though so it's k, at least I'm getting abuesd by something I can avoid and use to my own advantage.

clowsui

Smash Legend
it's like steel samurai and falco :glare:

too many falco slayers in this state

well actually i can beat steel if i'm playing well but not consistently

solecalibur

Smash Master
yo peeps of NEOH guess what.....im retiring!!!!!!! like seriously though lol after 2/26/10 mainly keist's tourney i wont be playing smash anymore after that just like lettin ya know on the qtip ya dig (lol my friend dared me to talk like that for a week so far its goin good..................) but seriously i am retiring after that tourney
retiring? I didnt know you where 65

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I watched your match Seagull, and there are PLENTY of things I could tell you that would help your game against Falco. That matchup is so close to even. Splitting hairs I'd give Falco the advantage by like 1. x.x

1.) If you space correctly you won't get grabbed. Sure he's got great ways to grab you, but spacing bair all day eliminates his ability to grab you. :p Plus platform camping makes it a whole lot easier to keep away from him at low percents.
2.) Wolf punishes Falco a lot worse than Falco punishes Wolf. When Falco full jabs, you get a free fsmash. The only thing that he can do to avoid it is reflector if he stops it as soon as you SDI out of it.
3.) Falco's camp game is better than Wolf's obviously, but trading lasers is a pretty good idea considering you're going to live longer than he is. Plus shine makes it that much easier to counter his lasers.
4.) Force Falco offstage and you just gimp him. It's difficult sometimes, but if you snipe him down with a laser, it's a stock.

When you look at the MU at first, it looks like Falco has the advantage for sure. It just takes A LOT of practice to get it down. I've played SoraSin so much in friendlies that I literally know exactly what moves to use to punish him and to get myself out of sticky situations.

e/ I think you think of Falco the way I think of Meta Knight. I really thought Meta Knight was a dumb MU for Wolf, but as of lately I've gotten more practice against him and I think it's more in the 60:40 to 55:45 range when played correctly.
1) Lasers from Falco+Laser lock if you get knocked off platform and don't tech (Happens a lot actually).
2) No....Falco full jab cannot be punished with Fsmash. If you do that then he can powershield it SO easily. You can space a Bair, but an Fsmash will get you punished severly.
3)True.
4) It's not a stock if the Falco just keeps pressing side b. Then he doesn't drop at all. If he is in a position to up b then he can be gimped, but gimping Falco out of side b doesn't happen if the Falco just presses side b immediately when the Wolf laser connects.

I know all this from lots of experience with Falco's. I also use Falco a little and I just buffer side b's after a Wolf laser hits me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@joe i have to cancel my triple jab immediately if i don't want to get punished but then wolf has mixup vs my triple jab (walk -> grab to punish triple jab, spotdodge to punish my pre-emptive grab in that case, etc). it's a mixup game in his favor.

buffering side b through laser is okay but it's easy to get punished going onstage. wolf wins mixup in that case because my reaction time + timing in general has to be fairly precise to fall just the right distance to side b to ledge. and even then wolf has a pretty good ledge trap vs falco

links24

Smash Ace
im mostly quitting because i have to start focusing on alot of things plus im startin to get a little bored with smash so why not stop ive had a good run had alot of fun also XD

also happy bday sole (if im not too late)

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
1) Lasers from Falco+Laser lock if you get knocked off platform and don't tech (Happens a lot actually).
2) No....Falco full jab cannot be punished with Fsmash. If you do that then he can powershield it SO easily. You can space a Bair, but an Fsmash will get you punished severly.
3)True.
4) It's not a stock if the Falco just keeps pressing side b. Then he doesn't drop at all. If he is in a position to up b then he can be gimped, but gimping Falco out of side b doesn't happen if the Falco just presses side b immediately when the Wolf laser connects.

I know all this from lots of experience with Falco's. I also use Falco a little and I just buffer side b's after a Wolf laser hits me.
Avoiding 1) is easy, always have your back toward Falco on a platform. You can't be locked if the front of your body is facing the direction you fall. You don't ALWAYS want to be on a platform anyway. The lock isn't bad when you know what to look for.
If you catch him while he's still in his jab, you get the fsmash. I've done it against pretty much every Falco I've played. x.x Even if they can powershield it, they're still vulnerable to follow ups if they read you wrong. And regardless of his buffered side+b, he's still easy to pressure on the ledge imo. Plus dthrow sets up for the gimp pretty well at higher percents. It also depends on the stage. It'll be harder for them to just side+b to the ledge with stages like PS1.

e/ @Chi: That's all pretty correct. Wolf has a lot of options against Falco's jab. I don't know if it's guaranteed, but if Falco tries to single jab -> grab Wolf, Wolf can just jab him back with an AAA.

D

Deleted member

Seriously people. Stop "quitting", because you're just kidding yourselves and lying to the smash community.

:)

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Argent, if you can swing by my place again, I should be free yeah. But what will the food situation be? Am I gonna have to bring some maru chan ramen and be all asian up in yo hizzle? (I will never speak like that agan ever this week)
------
Links, play melee if you got bored of brawl.
"Melee. Get Hyped."

clowsui

Smash Legend
Argent, if you can swing by my place again, I should be free yeah. But what will the food situation be? Am I gonna have to bring some maru chan ramen and be all asian up in yo hizzle? (I will never speak like that agan ever this week)
what is this supposed to mean you ****er :mad:

don't insult the culinary expertise the chinese/japanese have developed throughout the centuries...instant ramen is hardly asian

for the record you used "up in yo hizzle" incorrectly, because "hizzle" doesn't exist as a term

inb4"umad", yeah imad because i refuse to have ramen associated with the wonderful food i eat at home every day

Top Bottom