• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I like MMs

I was thinking of getting Star Ocean the Last Hope, but it got kinda meh reviews. I really loved till the end of time, it was first game of the series that I played.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Ask someone from NEOH. I know I wouldnt be able to drive ya since I'm going right from school with my friends...but there has to be someone in the brawl scene thats going xD

No probs, Infern! ^_^

Edit: EVERYONE IT'S RIKKU'S BIRTHDAY! GO SEND HER BDAY WISHES!~

clowsui

Smash Legend

Phantasm+Cancels >>>>> Wolf's mobility. And Falco >>>>> Wolf. Lolcharacterbias.

If it's really that legit he'll mm me :p
go MM luminoth's wolf, he'll be up there for a tym eventually

****'s gay, every wolf is so different...definitely 50/50

solecalibur

Smash Master
lol but if you get grabbed at low % wolf kinda flys.....down

Its like he bairs then its like oh yah that didnt mean to hit you so you stand there silly trying to grab his bair then he just fsmashes your face

and is it rikku's b day today? n.n, ohhh yahh, thx fb for making my life easier lol

D

Deleted member

Wolf vs. Falco is 50:50. The only true "advantage" Falco may have is the CG before mid-30 percent range, and that is easily avoidable. Ban FD. Problem solved.

And Wolf's mobility is definitely better than Falco's. He is one of the better characters in the game in terms of horizontal air mobility.

Also, you've said Wolf is your worst character to play as, so I'm just letting you know how he works, Denzi.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I like MMs

I was thinking of getting Star Ocean the Last Hope, but it got kinda meh reviews. I really loved till the end of time, it was first game of the series that I played.
I recommend it. The Star Ocean series is pretty notorious for getting mixed reviews across the board, Star Ocean 3 included. Star Ocean 4 has the same adventurous "feel" to it that made Star Ocean 3 so much fun to play...and you'll love the combat system in SO4. Take my word for it.

D

Deleted member

I like switching the menu back and forth between anime-style and the regular one, lol.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

Phantasm+Cancels >>>>> Wolf's mobility. And Falco >>>>> Wolf. Lolcharacterbias.

If it's really that legit he'll mm me :p
I'm willing to do that MM actually. Not sure I'll win, but I am starting to see why some Wolves find it fun.

Also @ Auspher: What is a good way to implement flash canceling onstage? I have the actual canceling down now, but haven't yet found a way to work them into my game outside of recovering.

@Rikku: Since I don't know where/how to reach you, happy birthday!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Treat it as a real set and double blind him with something else, or practice the matchup extensively until you learn it. Kain has beaten Arty, Choice and Seagull encounter Falcos from time to time I'm sure, and Luminoth beat Clowsui today, so it's not impossible.
I'm not very good vs Falco. I know the matchup, but I still am not very good at it. I have only vs'd Lie in a MM and lost 3rd game. I also lost to Omni's Falco on Ps1 (I think) in tourney. I have vids vs Omni's Falco where I lose last hit, last stock due to a trip...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9w8iFiIWhA

Good match though.
go MM luminoth's wolf, he'll be up there for a tym eventually

****'s gay, every wolf is so different...definitely 50/50
45-55. I find Kain to be the best at the Falco vs Wolf matchup.
Wolf vs. Falco is 50:50. The only true "advantage" Falco may have is the CG before mid-30 percent range, and that is easily avoidable. Ban FD. Problem solved.

And Wolf's mobility is definitely better than Falco's. He is one of the better characters in the game in terms of horizontal air mobility.

Also, you've said Wolf is your worst character to play as, so I'm just letting you know how he works, Denzi.
It's still slight disadvantage (45-55). Falco just has so much more tools going for him along with the cg.
I'm willing to do that MM actually. Not sure I'll win, but I am starting to see why some Wolves find it fun.

Also @ Auspher: What is a good way to implement flash canceling onstage? I have the actual canceling down now, but haven't yet found a way to work them into my game outside of recovering.

@Rikku: Since I don't know where/how to reach you, happy birthday!
Flash canceling on stage is kinda purposeless. If you're looking for fast ways to chase your opponent then just Dacus across stage for faster movement. Flash canceling on stage doesn't help because you can't attack with it and it won't do anything except throw yourself at your opponent. Between kills it can be used to show off I guess :awesome:.

D

Deleted member

Flash Cancelling on stage is good for running away.

Edit: This is also under the assumption that you can flash cancel consistently. If you screw it up, you'll probably be punished for it in the fall or the ending lag. Wolf gets lots of sideways momentum from a long flash cancel, though.

@Seagull, It's nice to see you've improved at the MU. :3

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Flash Cancelling on stage is good for running away.

Edit: This is also under the assumption that you can flash cancel consistently. If you screw it up, you'll probably be punished for it in the fall or the ending lag. Wolf gets lots of sideways momentum from a long flash cancel, though.

@Seagull, It's nice to see you've improved at the MU. :3
That's from October. I've stopped Bair walling and worked more on non-gimmicky things. Bair wall only works for so long...But it's still amazing.
seagull man name searching wolf
or wolf is bad xD
I search my name all the time :awesome:.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay, then I don't need to work that in then.
Really the main thing I use it for is the medium cancel around people at the ledge.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lokehh is~ Get hyped! Tourney at 4:30 saturday followed by Day's panel at 7 (dunno where). It's gonna rawk.
OUGA = Ohio University

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tourney gonna be crazy lawl

clowsui
Infern
Lokii
Solecalibur
Auspher
MX778
Sai
Luminoth
Sorasin
XeroLevantine
Joshkip
Slimjim
Today
Lyric
Kassandra
Kel
Kiest

pretty much like a regular Ohio tourney minus a few PR members

solecalibur

Smash Master
thats a little stacked for a con lol, I wanted to faceroll in my first couple rounds too, dang we are gonna need someone to seed this and hopefully it wont be like that last tounry I went to where "its not fair to others to seed top players apart"

clowsui

Smash Legend
mx and his crew are running it supposedly. random seeding :s buuuuut i'll remind 2FRSH to seed correctly.

watch, they're going to put 2FRSH members as higher seeds than you/me/other people so we're going to have to play kel/infern super early. afk

D

Deleted member

Is it gonna be first come first served registration? I remember I wanted to enter it the last time I went to Ohayocon, and they said they "might call my name for a match"....lol.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I dont care about kel or infern I havn't played em in awhile , I dont seem to care about placements any more just playing vs certain people

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I love how you guys put my tournament in your thread title <3. I'm assuing you're all going to Ohayocon though right? If not I'd love to see you in MI :D lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol con tournies.

@ NEOH/Ohio- Keep an eye on the Delta Upsilon Results thread. I've been a bit delayed, but vids are finally being put up.

Top Bottom