• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I'd hardly call 20 minutes on the stove instant. I don't buy that noodles in a cup bull****, even if most of my japanese friends (As in, they live in japan) don't mind it. I ALWAYS cook it over stove, and it always takes 10-20 minutes for one of my packs to cook, and I usually eat 2 at a time or none at all.
And it was a joke because I have a drawer filled with chicken flavored ramen, with tons more waiting on standby in the box, my friend opened the drawer one time when he asked where it was, instantly stopped and went 'okay now you're officially as asian as brandon AT LEAST'. We both agreed only way it could've been funnier is if i had one row for each kind of maru chan out there; oriental, beef, chicken, and 1 other flavor.
(FYI, Brandon is a vietnamese friend of ours...ya, I know, not exactly asian sounding...but his last name, which is duong, probably is :p)
EDIT: Actually, I used hizzle correctly. It's ghetto slang brah. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hizzle I win.
EDIT: And trust me, if I could try more 'traditional' and 'flavorful' forms of ramen, I prob would...Although there is a fair few number of things in ramen I'd have to try and imagine aren't in there if I want a chance in hell of being able to eat it without my OCD messin with me :p

solecalibur

Smash Master
lol my little brothers birthday was 4 days ago also xD

edit - my other little brother is the 2nd of February

solecalibur

Smash Master
It has to be something about Cleveland and the cold weather, and the fact that our parents conceived us during june/july >.>

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
And that's why I enjoy being a child born in the month of the Dead. October Children of the world, unite!
EDIT: You know what sucks? Kids who are born on Christmas...They either get the same amount as other kids do, but they're having 2 holidays of presents...or no matter what, they always have a ****ton more than other people.
Also, couples with birthdays within a few days of each other. That's gotta suck and rock too xD

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Dark Phoenix...Jean Grey...X-Men? O.o...
--------
EVERYONE, PLEASE READ MY RECENT TWITTER MESSAGES
twitter.com/eonthewolf
I HAVE A HUGE DILEMMA AND I DON'T WANT TO COPY PASTA IT HERE. READ IT THERE AND RESPOND TO ME HERE. PLEASE, I REALLY NEED SOME OPINIONS ON THIS........screw it, Ill copy pasta. COPIED DIRECTLY FROM TWEETS, IM NOT MODIFYING IT.
-----------
Okay guys...I have a dilemma. Give up orchestra, psychology, and German 2 (and all of my other classes) in order to get into the program

I was interviewing for yesterday, start monday, and that way it'll work with me far more but I miss out on a heritage trip with orchestra

and in general I miss out on my most wanted electives...that way I have a greater chance of graduating on time due to the **** ups with ECOT

in 9th grade...or do I wait till next year, when there should hopefully be a spot then, and hope I can still graduate on time then...

I REALLY appreciate opinions on this, and I shall view them when I return home in a half hour or so...

I forgot to mention, there IS more...I'll likely have to give up on my instrument entirely despite the months on it, as my grandmother

seems to believe you can only improve musically by paying tutors 400+ every few months. She said it's impossible to improve on my own,

and so won't pay for my instrument unless I take lessons.....Which is another rant for later tonight but yeah...

Hopefully have a better chance of graduating on time, give up my instrument + orchestra, psychology, and German 2 n Brush...

or continue going to Brush (my high school), hope I get in next year, and hope I can still graduate on time..what do I do :<

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Okay Eon, I'm not going to comment on the HS stuff, but as for the instrument, you can improve musically on your own, but it is MUCH harder and slower (and not guaranteed to actually happen) if you don't first have a tutor of some sort to show you the basics (and by basics I don't mean the initial 'these are your strings' stuff, but rather everything technique related, as well as some theory.). Learning all these 'basics' (well, I am still missing some in the theory department IMO) took me about 4-5 years with a teacher, and has helped me progress to the point where I can learn on my own now. Now some people can learn all that stuff on their own, and some do it faster than I did, but unless you have somehow already reached that point, I suggest having a teacher of some sort if you plan on continuing with your instrument past high school (and an orchestra teacher really doesn't count for much IMO, but maybe I'm just projecting based on my HS orchestra teacher.).

By the way, what instrument do you play?

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I play Viola, although I eventually, maybe as a one day hobby, learn others. Drums, Guitar, Cello probably...Piano I'd like to learn but ugh so confuzzling @.@. I already know a bit of technique, and I do agree lessons can help, don't get me wrong. But chances are, I'd like to be doing more classes/lesson stuff come college, and theory, if you mean music theory, I can learn through other sources (I know someone who teaches free music theory online via his youtube page, and he's a legit teacher himself if I remember what he said right, so ya know...it's not like he's a random person who knows music, he's actually doing teaching, but via videos) long before college. I've been in orchestra since half way through 5th, although I had to stop 9th n 10th (online school and they didn't want me in there my first year 'back in real school' respectively)

EDIT: Most songs only get like violin sheet music or violin players but honestly? That bloody E string makes me want to rip my ears off. I CANNOT stand the Violin's E string...not to mention the damn things are so light n small. To quote Will Smith, everytime I hold one..."I feel like I'm gonna break this damn thing!"

EDIT: Honestly? Advice/opinions on the HS thing are what I REALLY need atm :(...Like, I can live without the orchestra, and I suppose I'll get over not being in my HS anymore (Just another kind of school that I can keep my head down in and work, not to mention I've got 2 friends in there in different halves of the day so no matter when I go for academic, I have someone to hang with...) but there were friendships n a fair few teachers I really enjoyed....although at the same time, maybe with all the issues I have with people in general and a lot of the kids at that school, maybe going to this program with faaaaaaaaar less kids is better. Plus it's the most likely way to graduate on time after the issues with 9th grade in ECOT and issues with the just recently finished fall semester...I'll get over not finishing psychology (Can always retake it come college if/when I go in the future or slowly teach myself) even though I REALLY looked forward to it...and my german teacher I'm pretty sure I can still keep in contact...I just...With my OCD and other issues, it's really hard for me to do a change like that and it's sort of a 'hey just JUMP RIGHT INTO IT' thing and...ugh...I'm a very uneasily decided person. Has trouble adapting to things...It's why I mostly just 'grin and bear it' with a lot of issues in schools rather than trying to fix it. Trying to be proactive rarely helped me in school situations in the past *shrug* Just...I mean, I'm quite smart, but I'm even less likely to get a scholarship (Yeah right like I'll get one at this point anymore...not like I'd go right to college anyway) And it's not a GED or a 'typical' graduation...and most kids in the program are there for a variety of reasons ranging from mine to other problems....And I don't think we're the only program for kids there (I saw a lot of the somewhat slower, yet totally friendly and awesome, kids I remember from Brush there on Wednesday) okay I'm just letting my train of thought flow ooooh boy....See this is part of the reason I avoid discussions on personal things ^^;. I gots issues, and the few times I have opened myself up, I've been severely burned for the way I think/see the world but at the moment...I think what I really need is some legit advice on what's best...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I realize that you can learn theory elsewhere, but much like technique, it's best obtained through in person lessons IMO.

As for the HS stuff, there's a reason I didn't comment. That's honestly something only you can decide, since it depends on your interests and plans, and honestly, it isn't something you should have strangers and/or people you barely know decide for you (Hell, it's not the sort of thing you should leave up to even the who know you really well.).

You're going to have to learn to be proactive eventually anyway. This is but one of the many times you are going to have to make decisions with sacrifices, and letting other people make those decisions will A) lead to you not getting what you want down the road and B) possibly resenting the people who made you give up something which, in hindsight, you may realize you didn't want to lose.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Nah, I just wanted opinions on my situation...Been talkin with a friend I've known for a very long time (almost 10 years, which as we know is an eternity in internet years :p) and she asked if there was anyone who really 'believed in me' and a few other things n I'm talkin it over with her via twitter on tweets and now I switched to direct messages....Just...I mean she's makin sense, but with my issues n my OCD...I have issues with making clear cut A/B decisions like that. I guess past experiences with 'no going back' decisions have colored my view...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
WALLS OF TEXT.
Im too lazy to read.

So Ohayocon was legit. Tournament was lulzy. I got 3 BYES. THREE.
Thanks to that, I got pretty far and only played 2 matches xD
...One of them being against Infern :'D
Tournament coulda been better...but it was fun when we weren't sitting around, waiting to be called.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I met a few people at the con but I didn't feel like waiting for 20 people to cycle through 1 tv to play brawl so I was on MvC most of the time. That tourney....waited 2 hours before I got 1 match and I was freezing my *** off in costume props to pops for beating me in Big Blue I hope to make it to a real OH tourney sometime and meet most of you guys

Congrats to infern for winning

Kanelol

Smash Lord
dammit my friend went to Ohayocon and he texted me this morning like "Hey there's a smash tourney here" and I was like "***** WHAT"

:(

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Thanks, Sole xD

Btw, spoils of the con:

Yoko Ritona~ One of my fave anime characters ever <3 (Sorry for crap webcam image)
Also got a Kira Yamato figurine.

Edit: Meh, youre not missing much at con tournaments XD

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Cinci. KassandraNova is hosting

Edit: OP editted with this months tournament lineup.
If there is a tournament someone wants advertised, just tell me and I'll add it.

solecalibur

Smash Master
DRDN was that you next to that 8 yr old that didnt take riddlen today? holy crapp that kid was funny n.n

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
I hate you all and go die in a fire. I'm prob one of the biggest animu***s here, but coincidentally also the poorest......I wonder if that's a standard correlation...
Lokii the wall of text was related to a dilemma I had concerning musical and academia futures...Fro gave his opinion on the musical half, but academia no one helped with outside of a very long time friend, but she doesn't come here so :p

Denzi

Smash Master
Hi I'm someone who expects random people on the internet to solve my problems for me.

I also like to complain.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Denzi, I'm sad you weren't there with Lokii. I'm sure you would have been super cool to chill with. DRDN, Keister is hosting something up in C-Bus at the end of Feb. San(or Yon)-Kakuto-Geemu with multiple fighters. You should try to head down. It was nice meeting another Mario!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lol con tournaments are silly. xD
I'd love to see some NEOH at my tournament!
And I loved your yuna costume Lokii! ^_^ Also nice meeting you! Wish we coulda played friendlies, but then we woulda been disqualified. D:

Top Bottom