• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alzi

Smash Master
I wish that picture never got leaked into the internet just spoiled me alittle that the girl is the master sword and it does make sense seeing as link has no sword in his hand.

This will be intresting in the game very intresting indeed.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I wish that picture never got leaked into the internet just spoiled me alittle that the girl is the master sword and it does make sense seeing as link has no sword in his hand.

This will be intresting in the game very intresting indeed.
Spoiled?

on the contrary, that should make you more curious, leaving you with more questions than answers. Everything we've seen about the master sword dictates that the obvious reality is impossible.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I like the idea of sword girl.

I also just had a thought. In the concept art, link is right handed. However, in all the other games (other than the wii version of tp) he is LEFT handed. Unless it is simply a permanent change to make it easier to put on the wii, or this game is about Mirrored worlds (like termina).

Also, the girl and link are standing back to back. Two people, two different worlds?

One last thing. If this game is about Termina (which I actually think might be likely) maybe the girl is the master sword from that world. If my memory is right, Link never got the master sword in that game.

Just speculation. The hand change is probably due to the wii controller. But still... think of the possibilities...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This Link is supposed to be older? It looks exactly the same as TP Link... and as fun as that game was, I don't want a sequel to it. The ending wasn't bad at all. Midna destroying the mirror (the complaint I hear most people make about the game) had reasoning to it - it was so that the Twilight Worlds and Hylian Worlds would never meet again. Not only would a sequel to TP screw with a plot with good closure to it, it just kinda wouldn't make sense after what Midna did. You can't have TP without the Twilight World.

Hopefully, though, this isn't the case, and the concept art just looks similar to TP.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
This Link is supposed to be older? It looks exactly the same as TP Link... and as fun as that game was, I don't want a sequel to it. The ending wasn't bad at all. Midna destroying the mirror (the complaint I hear most people make about the game) had reasoning to it - it was so that the Twilight Worlds and Hylian Worlds would never meet again. Not only would a sequel to TP screw with a plot with good closure to it, it just kinda wouldn't make sense after what Midna did. You can't have TP without the Twilight World.

Hopefully, though, this isn't the case, and the concept art just looks similar to TP.
Just because Midna destroyed the Twilight Mirror doesn't mean nothing else happens in TP Link's time. It would be like Majora's Mask.

I've always wondered what happened to that concentration of evil that allowed Link to become Wolf link at will though. Did Midna remember to take it into the Twilight realm? Was it destrroyed with Ganondorf? Or is it still somewhere in Hyrule?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I just think that the TP plot had good closure and shouldn't be messed with. I'm not saying that other things can't happen, I would just rather they didn't.

The question about the Wolf is good though. What did happen to that?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Just speculation. The hand change is probably due to the wii controller. But still... think of the possibilities...
Miyamoto said that if Wii Motion Plus sales were good enough he would make this game use the Motion Plus for combat, and if that's the case it may just need an option to switch between Right Handed and Left Handed Link or else the Lefties using the Motion Plus aren't going to get the same experience as us Righties.

(Of course Lefties is in the dictionary, but not Righties.)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Every time I see that picture, I think Link is about to grab that little girl by the neck and swing her around at stuff.

That's just not right.
now that'd be awesome.

the only thing tho is that since the girl is also the sword and probably a key point of the story, that makes me doubtful of another hidden sword in the game (i miss the biggorons sword)

i really hope they add more that one dificulty in this zelda game, because tp was easier than a ****, only hard part was that dungeon in the gerudo valley (artbiters grounds?)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm speechless.

EDIT: No longer am I speechless. I might bank on this possibly being a direct sequel to Majora's Mask. Although, I'd prefer it to be completely new, with a new spot on the timeline, new everything. I'm resuming to speechless mode now.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
She is clearly Twili it seems. Anyone else feel like she's somehow related to Midna?
Not in the least. She is clearly not Twilit. The Twilit have mych darker clothing and color schemes. Also they have pupils in their eyes.

She's clearly not human, so the only thing I'm willing to put money on at this time is that she's the Queen of Fairies. She very closely resembles the Queen Fairy found in the Mother and Child Islands in Windwaker. The hair, eyes, and head shape are all nearly the same

See the resemblance? There's almost no way it's not her. Perhaps the Queen Fairy fused with the master sword and became its spirit, or that the Queen has always been the spirit of the Sword, but there's no way that Nintendo could accidentally make such a striking resemblance.

Spire

III
BRoomer

I based this on the way where the girl is standing. Right behind Link. That means that tip of the sword would be facing down.
Wrong. Her head is the tip of the blade, her legs are the wrapped handle, and the hilt is her undergarments, with her cloak also being based on the hilt. Look closer.

Also, I'd like to point out that the jewel that she has is blue -- representative of Nayru, and Wisdom. This could signify that she may possibly be a replacement to Zelda, as Zelda's tiara-jewel is strikingly similar (if not identical). I'm excited to learn more about this game.

Also, I'm liking that it's simply called "The Legend of Zelda" right now, with no subtitle. Although, there's about a 99% chance that this will change, and I have nothing against that either.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wrong. Her head is the tip of the blade, her legs are the wrapped handle, and the hilt is her undergarments, with her cloak also being based on the hilt. Look closer.
I at first thought that too. But upon closer inspection, her position is if the Master Sword was in the sheath on Link's back.

Then look at her Hair Style. If you notice it curves at the bottom. If this was the tip of the blade, the hair would be still going straight down.

But in a contradictory fashion, the girl wears stockings which have the same design on the hilt.

Her cloak face's downward, like the hilt of the Master Sword, yet in another contradictory fashion, the hand guard is on the bottom of her dress/tunic.

Also notice how the lines on her dress go down. They split off like the picture of the master sword below. But then the hand guard is on the bottom of the dress, thus that would make the legs the hilt. but the lines suggest that the legs are the blade.

Its one huge contradictory image, which made me come to the conclusion.

The theme of Zelda Wii is about mirrors and/ or Mirror images, and thus this game will take in Termina, Hyrule's Mirror. Where as the Twilight Realm was Hyrule's other side, as Minda stated, they are both sides on one coin, and cannot be separated.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The theme of Zelda Wii is about mirrors and/ or Mirror images, and thus this game will take in Termina, Hyrule's Mirror. Where as the Twilight Realm was Hyrule's other side, as Minda stated, they are both sides on one coin, and cannot be separated.
Where in the world did you read this? Because if so, wouldn't it seem like TP would be a fitting predecessor? Now that we know it isn't, Termina may very well be the setting of this game, IF you can corroborate your claim that Zelda Wii is based on mirrors.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Where in the world did you read this? Because if so, wouldn't it seem like TP would be a fitting predecessor? Now that we know it isn't, Termina may very well be the setting of this game, IF you can corroborate your claim that Zelda Wii is based on mirrors.
Currently we have only this picture to back up my claims. But since Link is traditionally left Handed but in this art is right handed, its possible that we are looking at Link through a mirror.

But I am pointing out some of the points I noticed while observing this picture, and I will hold onto the belief that the next Zelda game would be about Mirror's.

Also in Zelda, Mirror's are almost basically essential for completing the quest(mirror shield) and some are major important points in some stories(Mirror of Twilight)

Why can't the next Zelda game be totally about Mirrors?

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I believe its our job to present as many possible theories. I will of course retract my comments once Nintendo says other wise.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman

I based this on the way where the girl is standing. Right behind Link. That means that tip of the sword would be facing down.
I actually believe it's the other way around now. Notice her pelvis regions, and the way her body flattens out. In most pictures of the master sword, such as here, the top of the handle of the sword matches the girl's pelvis. They both have that flat, ridged base. I also noticed the jewel on the girl's chest is blue, which could represent widsom, Nayru, etc. On some of the pictures of the Master Sword, like the one from TP, the stone on the Master Sword is gold or even clear. In some pictures of the sword from OoT, the sword has a blue jewel in it, leading me to believe that this game will take place closer to OoT, rather than being a sequel to TP.

Another distinct feature that both the girl and the Master Sword share are the pattern on her legs and the pattern of the handle. You can easily tell both are related in some way.

One thing that no one has mentioned yet is the shape of the girl's forehead. After examining numerous pictures of the Master Sword, I noticed they all have a Triforce engraved near the base of the blade. The shape on the girl's forehead could have something to do with this, but I'm just throwing some theories out there.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
The problem with the sword-girl theory is that, if the sword-girl is supposed to be a major part of the story, it would mean that Link would have to get or learn something important about the Master Sword atleast 1/3 into the game. Link has never gotten the Master Sword that early, and the sword-girl can't play a big enough part in the game if she comes late. The only possible way I can see this working is if Link doesn't actually get the Master Sword and "sword-girl" early in the game, but that a major part of the story line involves Link trying to get in contact with this spirit. Which would mean that the conflict revolves around her.

Also, the notion of sword-girl is only relevant to the TP version of the Master Sword, because other versions don't have the same features. Which would mean that if this is true then this game must happen after TP, which means that G-Dorf can't be the main villain.

Also, where does "Termina is the Mirror of Hyrule" come from? I've never heard of such a thing.

ALSO, if the place where this story take splace IS Termina, should we expect to see some of the same land features as in MM? The TP version of Hyrule wasn't consistent with the OoT version, so it's likely that if Termina is the land, then there may be some big differences in geography.

ALSO, and most importantly, a sword-girl storyline wouldn't be consistent with TP, because Link had the Master Sword for a good while and never had to encounter a spirit. If Link all of a sudden shows up in a new situation, already has the Master Sword, and the spirit decides to help him for no good reason, then we'd have to wonder where the spirit was in TP. Which brings me back to the notion a good bit of time will be spent trying to get in contact with the spirit via rescue or some complicated set of tasks in which Link must gather something in order to awaken the spirit. I'm leaning more toward the former because if the story were to take place in Termina, it would make no sense for there to be a preset way for Link to channel the spirit of the sword in a parallel universe to the actual place where the sword was made, in a universe where the sword doesn't exist. So the only way I can see the sword girl thing playing out in Termina, after TP, would be if something (probably the main conflict) causes the Master sword to lose the spirit, and Link having to regain it. This would also mean that whoever the main villain knows about Link and the Master Sword, and has reason to fear it. Yadayada yada, there's tons of more speculations that I'm thinking of, and I just realized that it'd be stupid for me to try to write them all.

I'm kinda banking on an alternate timeline.

Spire

III
BRoomer
blah blah blah...

Also, where does "Termina is the Mirror of Hyrule" come from? I've never heard of such a thing.
Termina is a parallel, opposite world to Hyrule, hence, its mirror world.
blah blah blah...

I'm kinda banking on an alternate timeline.
You're already in one. There are two timelines. MM and TP take place in the "alternate" one.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I based this off solely how similar Termina is to Hyrule, yet is completely different. The characters and items look the same or named the same as people and objects in Hyrule, but you can clearly see that they are different.

Also I played around with the Termina and Hyrule maps in paint. I'm not sure if its because of the human nature of rentlessly looking to support their claims but its interesting.

It some what reminds me of what I said earlier about the Master Sword Girl. Its a huge contradictory mirror image.

You have the desert and Water places in the same spots, but then the forest seems to be on the other side of each image.

The Goron home is in the same place, but total opposites of each other, the fiery Death Mountain and the Ice Snowhead.

Also nice to notice when the maps are Flipped, the areas where you can find the mirror shield are roughly in the same place.

M.K

Level 55
It's a picture.

Like, really? It's just a picture of Link without a sword and a small white girl that might or might not be a character we know. All of this over-analysis is baffling and stupid.
Wait until some more information comes out before you jump to such conclusions like "alternate timelines", "sequels", and "sword people".

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire III's early Zelda Wii Theory

We played through Ocarina of Time with Navi and the Master Sword; both were required to save Hyrule. Upon completion, Link leaves both behind in the Temple of Time (well, Navi leaves Link), so throughout the events of Majora's Mask, Link must save a mirror world without both Navi and the Master Sword. My theory begins here...

Zelda Wii chronicles the Hero of Time's third adventure, after he has returned to Hyrule and aged naturally to a good 20-25 years of age. However, rather than following the path of OoT and using a conventional fairy and sword, Link is once again reunited with both. This new "sword-girl", I believe, is a spiritual fusion between Navi and the Master Sword.

Could explain why they share similar colors and why the title reflects the color of Navi.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's a picture.

Like, really? It's just a picture of Link without a sword and a small white girl that might or might not be a character we know. All of this over-analysis is baffling and stupid.
Wait until some more information comes out before you jump to such conclusions like "alternate timelines", "sequels", and "sword people".
None of the discussion about 'sword people' would have come up if Miyamoto hadn't specifically pointed out that Link didn't have a sword. There's obviously something important about the girl, and her similarities to the Master Sword are very striking. Perhaps she wasn't meant to be a sword person, but as of right now (and despite how much I dislike it) the most likely theory is that there actually is a sword person in Zelda Wii.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
It's a picture.

Agreed to some degree. But still...If someone wants to over-analyze this, then, by all means, let them. It's a picture, yes. But it's all we have, so were going to study the crap out of it till our eyes bleed.

It's the Zelda Thread. We're all friends here.

EDIT: you're as polished and professional on the matter as ever, Spire.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
None of the discussion about 'sword people' would have come up if Miyamoto hadn't specifically pointed out that Link didn't have a sword. There's obviously something important about the girl, and her similarities to the Master Sword are very striking. Perhaps she wasn't meant to be a sword person, but as of right now (and despite how much I dislike it) the most likely theory is that there actually is a sword person in Zelda Wii.
To be honest, just Link's pose and the girls appearance should have suggested something's up with the sword.

Maybe we should ask some people who didn't here about the Myamoto conference what they think of the picture?

Darkslash

Smash Master

Zelda Wii chronicles the Hero of Time's third adventure, after he has returned to Hyrule and aged naturally to a good 20-25 years of age. However, rather than following the path of OoT and using a conventional fairy and sword, Link is once again reunited with both. This new "sword-girl", I believe, is a spiritual fusion between Navi and the Master Sword.

Could explain why they share similar colors and why the title reflects the color of Navi.
What would be really interesting is that if we can go to Termina from Hyrule. That would prove an interesting situation. IIRC, the master Sword has no real counterpart in Termina. It could possibly create a imbalance such as Skull Kid and/or Link did.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Aside from being there to simply stray from the beaten path, what would the point of a Navi/Master Sword fusion be?
There really isn't one, as far as I can tell (*waits to be corrected*). As of now, it's just a theory for a game that only has one piece of art that serves as all of the information released every about the game. So obviously, there's not even much of a point to discussing the game, despite that we still will.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
There really isn't one, as far as I can tell (*waits to be corrected*). As of now, it's just a theory for a game that only has one piece of art that serves as all of the information released every about the game. So obviously, there's not even much of a point to discussing the game, despite that we still will.
w00t for jumping to conclusions! Since we are stabbing in the dark here....could the white fairy girl holding a black doll mean anything? I mean, light and dark schemes have been taken advantage of in the past.
Metroid Prime 2 for the epic fail

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Aside from being there to simply stray from the beaten path, what would the point of a Navi/Master Sword fusion be?
Well, you either get to grab Navi by the neck and bash her into stuff, or you get to repeatedly slam Navi's head into monsters, rocks, and walls, depending on which part is the hilt and which is the blade.

Basically, it's revenge for "Hey, Listen!"

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Termina is a parallel, opposite world to Hyrule, hence, its mirror world.
By "world" do you mean another country or a physical planet? Because if it's a completely new planet, then I'd wonder how Link got there in MM.

You're already in one. There are two timelines. MM and TP take place in the "alternate" one.
Yeah, I was talking about yet another one. I know that's kinda foolish, but Nintendo would have to make up one hell of a backstory to this new quest if it involves Termina.There are too many variables that would fall into contradiction if the sword-girl thing were true. Well, alteast the way I see it.

We played through Ocarina of Time with Navi and the Master Sword; both were required to save Hyrule. Upon completion, Link leaves both behind in the Temple of Time (well, Navi leaves Link), so throughout the events of Majora's Mask, Link must save a mirror world without both Navi and the Master Sword. My theory begins here...

One minor note: In this theory, the quest goes on before TP, however, the TP version of the Master Sword is the only one in which the sword-girl's features resemble it. If the makers of the game paid so much attention to making the girl resemble the Master Sword, it'd make sense that the sword girl is meant to appear some time after TP, otherwise they'd design her to look like the Master Sword in OoT. Or, it could just be a case of artistic license and the people who designed her didn't care which sword they modeled her after, and used the most recent image.

Also, I don't see why a Navi/Sword fusion would take place. Navi was of no special merit other than being Link's companion, she wasn't a sage or possesed any special magic that would make there any reason why she'd have to be fused with the sword. I thought of a fairy fusion idea too, and I'd lean more towards the Sword Fusing with the Fairy Queen, but that mught be breaking timeline rules since the Fairy Queen appears in the form first in WW, but being that there was no definite Fairy Queen in the OoT timeline, it's possible that they could get away with a look-alike.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i dunno about this whole "sword is a girl" idea. I think the chick is similar to Minda, but is in no way a sword.

When was the last time we had a Zelda game without some form of a guardian? (Navi, Minda, etc.)

I kinda am looking forward to using Link without a sword. OHKO a baddie with a jab combo? lol epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom