• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'll be laughing in your face when it's announced tomorrow.
It's like the Xbox 360 motion controller thing. Even if there was hope it was true, I would choose not to believe it until an official announcement for the same reasons I choose to believe Microsoft wouldn't demo a motion controller. It makes more sense not to believe.

Although OoT remade with Pit would be a pretty aweful idea. It's like putting Sonic in a god of war game. In other words, only Sega would do it.

Now if Pit were in an aerial combat game, then we would have something interesting to talk about.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I forgot to mention: Nintendo will announce a Sonic aerial combat game too.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wait a minute, what is all this about an E3 convention video? I haven't posted here lately, so I'm a bit confused.

... Anyone else heard of Pokemon Blood Red and Gore Green?

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well, better luck next year for a new Zelda game I suppose, I did wanted to see a new Zelda for Wii since they have a Super Mario Galaxy 2 and all.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Honestly, the metroid game should keep me tided over as the only wii game i will be buying until the Zelda one comes out. I've been so incredibly disappointed with A lister games recently. The only thing that seems worth while is ports and remakes of older games. (Chrono Trigger and Majoras Mask, which, dare I say it, might actually be better than Ocarina of Time, by the definition of a game).

I just hope they dont **** up spirit tracks like they did phantom hourglass.

I WANT AN OKAMI SEQUEL!!!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Honestly, the metroid game should keep me tided over as the only wii game i will be buying until the Zelda one comes out. I've been so incredibly disappointed with A lister games recently. The only thing that seems worth while is ports and remakes of older games. (Chrono Trigger and Majoras Mask, which, dare I say it, might actually be better than Ocarina of Time, by the definition of a game).

I just hope they dont **** up spirit tracks like they did phantom hourglass.

I WANT AN OKAMI SEQUEL!!!
Why?

I don't quite "get" that game. Sure the first half was awesome right until the false ending. But then it kept dragging on and on, with false ending after false ending. I just wasn't very motivated to keep going.

After finishing the game, I pretty much had enough Okami to last me half a decade.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was a closed conference, therefore, the picture is NOT available. Atleast not for a while, anyway. Tomorrow it could be shown, or maybe a year from now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Simply knowing a smidgen of information is a huge relief. For three years of suspense, we're finally given a hint towards this game, and man am I happy. Though, if they had revealed it publicly... no, no, I won't hype myself anymore.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
:C This game isn't any more announced than it was. If at that was shown was a piece of artwork..yeah I could have guessed that by now they'd have a piece of art to show. XD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
All this did was confirm it's existence (though its' existence was a no-brainer). I'm just glad to know that somebody saw the art for it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Its existence is enough for the moment. I'd have liked more, but will accept what we have. In a word, confirmation. It's a huge comfort that it's in progress. Though, the lack of anything mentioning something about that hints, though not for sure of course because of how early it still is, that it's not a future Zelda. Of course, it's possible that whoever was there was asked not to leak that yet and have held out, but we'll see.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I have to see that picture of Link 0.0
Why?

There's nothing that makes that one piece of concept art shown to the press any different than the many other pieces of concept art they didn't show. If anything, I'd be more interested in the unrevealed art - then you at least have something no one has described yet to tell the world about.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Why?

There's nothing that makes that one piece of concept art shown to the press any different than the many other pieces of concept art they didn't show. If anything, I'd be more interested in the unrevealed art - then you at least have something no one has described yet to tell the world about.
Well I'm very curious about how Link would look as an adult. I also want to see it to get a hint as to what direction they're taking the new Zelda game in.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
^ There you go

Obviously adult Link is just big Link as opposed to child link. He's hardly going to be a middle aged guy.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
^

Guess I misinterpreted what I heard -_-'
When I heard that they were going to use adult Link I thought they meant a more mature version of Link. I've always thought of adult link (like in TP) to be more like a teenager.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Obviously adult Link is just big Link as opposed to child link. He's hardly going to be a middle aged guy.
Still though, didn't Miyamoto specifically say that it wasn't a child Link or the teenage Link that we're used to, and instead an older Link? He obviously won't be middle-aged, as you pointed out, but I'm willing to bet the new Link is somewhere in his 20's, as opposed to the 16/17 year old Link we got in TP.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Not sure for the source but..

About Zelda in general...

What is a Zelda game? They've been having discussion at HQ. The stories have evolved over time, graphics improve, but what is the best way to move the franchise forward?

Miyamoto's idea is.. to give the player a more impacting experience and really feel Link's journey through the game, by creating memories of the characters you meet and things you face along the way. These would be things that would differ for each person as they play their own way through, so everyone would have unique memories. How you approach a dungeon, solve a puzzle, or complete a side quest all add to this.

Right now, for each game they are mainly iterating on variations of controls, level designs, etc.. so he wants to see the series evolve in more meaningful ways.

He wanted to show a new Zelda for Wii today, but they want to focus on development before announcing or showing anything. Instead he brought an illustration to prove they are far into development of a new game, because it contained characters that are deeply involved even into the later stages of the game. He's hoping to release next year, but may take a "little longer" (laugh). Illustration was Link with one smaller whitish character, looked a bit like a female relative of the Zora.

I came

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I hope maybe recurring side characters like Tingle and Skull Kid will be deeper and more interesting if that's what he means by 'creating memories of the characters you meet '.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom