• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
i dunno about this whole "sword is a girl" idea. I think the chick is similar to Minda, but is in no way a sword.

When was the last time we had a Zelda game without some form of a guardian? (Navi, Minda, etc.)

I kinda am looking forward to using Link without a sword. OHKO a baddie with a jab combo? lol epic.
Nintendo said they were aiming to be "different" with this one. I'm scared when Nintendo says they're making a game that is
Nintendo said:
different

kr3wman

Smash Master
Is it just me or does this new Link look TOO MUCH like OoT Link? *sniffle* I was kinda hoping for a new look. ;_;
Maybe...

Maybe...

That's because he IS Oot Link! *cue dramatic music*

DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

EDIT : I think someone at Nintendo leaked it.

I mean, you couldn't take a photography perfectly like that LOL.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Also Link is right-handed because, well, the majority of people are right-handed after all, and they're gonna be playing this on the Wii.

Makes sense, Although in our hearts Link is still a leftie :X

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If the game takes advantage of Motion Plus, then there better be an option for a lefty switch.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Also Link is right-handed because, well, the majority of people are right-handed after all, and they're gonna be playing this on the Wii.

Makes sense, Although in our hearts Link is still a leftie :X
With Twilight Princess it didn't matter. Maybe they're adding that wiimote plus bull or whatever and actually makes a difference.

Spire

III
BRoomer
By "world" do you mean another country or a physical planet? Because if it's a completely new planet, then I'd wonder how Link got there in MM.
By world, I mean Termina. If the word "land" works better for you, then so be it. As far as I'm concerned, all we know about Termina is the region that was playable in MM.
Yeah, I was talking about yet another one. I know that's kinda foolish, but Nintendo would have to make up one hell of a backstory to this new quest if it involves Termina.There are too many variables that would fall into contradiction if the sword-girl thing were true. Well, alteast the way I see it.
I don't think they'd suddenly just make another timeline :ohwell: Ocarina of Time had a good reason to split the timeline in two, but remember, that rule was established after TP was released, after Aonuma had figured out its placement. I doubt they'll split it again soon, because frankly, there's no event as huge as the one from OoT that could warrant a split in time.
One minor note: In this theory, the quest goes on before TP, however, the TP version of the Master Sword is the only one in which the sword-girl's features resemble it. If the makers of the game paid so much attention to making the girl resemble the Master Sword, it'd make sense that the sword girl is meant to appear some time after TP, otherwise they'd design her to look like the Master Sword in OoT. Or, it could just be a case of artistic license and the people who designed her didn't care which sword they modeled her after, and used the most recent image.

Also, I don't see why a Navi/Sword fusion would take place. Navi was of no special merit other than being Link's companion, she wasn't a sage or possesed any special magic that would make there any reason why she'd have to be fused with the sword. I thought of a fairy fusion idea too, and I'd lean more towards the Sword Fusing with the Fairy Queen, but that mught be breaking timeline rules since the Fairy Queen appears in the form first in WW, but being that there was no definite Fairy Queen in the OoT timeline, it's possible that they could get away with a look-alike.
Well, could Navi potentially awaken as the Fairy Queen? I'm sure a Fairy Queen is not just born as a Queen.

But yeah, this "Sword girl" does represent the TP Master Sword very much so, but let's look at it from this angle. The Master Sword in OoT is the same as seen in both WW and TP, but both of those iterations look considerably different from one another, mostly due to the art styles of their respective games. I find it very intriguing that the art style of OoT/MM is like a perfect blend between that of WW and TP. Now, Zelda Wii is supposedly being crafted under the same/similar design as TP, but we know officially that it has nothing to do with TP, BUT, because the sword-girl's (let's call her Master Fairy) design resembles the TP Master Sword, it's obvious that there's a connection. Given that the artwork does not depict a more developed world, this is probably not based after TP in its timeline, so there's a great chance that it's based beforehand, and hence, further corroborates the theory that it is a sequel to Majora's Mask.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
By world, I mean Termina. If the word "land" works better for you, then so be it. As far as I'm concerned, all we know about Termina is the region that was playable in MM.

I don't think they'd suddenly just make another timeline :ohwell: Ocarina of Time had a good reason to split the timeline in two, but remember, that rule was established after TP was released, after Aonuma had figured out its placement. I doubt they'll split it again soon, because frankly, there's no event as huge as the one from OoT that could warrant a split in time.

Well, could Navi potentially awaken as the Fairy Queen? I'm sure a Fairy Queen is not just born as a Queen.

But yeah, this "Sword girl" does represent the TP Master Sword very much so, but let's look at it from this angle. The Master Sword in OoT is the same as seen in both WW and TP, but both of those iterations look considerably different from one another, mostly due to the art styles of their respective games. I find it very intriguing that the art style of OoT/MM is like a perfect blend between that of WW and TP. Now, Zelda Wii is supposedly being crafted under the same/similar design as TP, but we know officially that it has nothing to do with TP, BUT, because the sword-girl's (let's call her Master Fairy) design resembles the TP Master Sword, it's obvious that there's a connection. Given that the artwork does not depict a more developed world, this is probably not based after TP in its timeline, so there's a great chance that it's based beforehand, and hence, further corroborates the theory that it is a sequel to Majora's Mask.
Does Nintendo actually intend for this timeline? Like, do they acknowledge that we've pieced together this timeline?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Does Nintendo actually intend for this timeline? Like, do they acknowledge that we've pieced together this timeline?
There is a master document actually, that fits the games together and makes sure there aren't any deliberate contradictions.

Or they just go onto the internet(like Miyamoto claims he does) and look at fans time lines.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There is a master document actually, that fits the games together and makes sure there aren't any deliberate contradictions.

Or they just go onto the internet(like Miyamoto claims he does) and look at fans time lines.
How awesome would it be if Miyamoto drew even a drop of inspiration from this thread? Odds of it happening? The same as Charlie Bucket getting a Golden Ticket, but ****, he got it!

I'm pretty much convinced that Zelda Wii is the third, and probably final entry in the Hero of Time's games; a sequel to Majora's Mask, and a prequel to Twilight Princess.

I love you all. Goodnight.

Darkslash

Smash Master
How awesome would it be if Miyamoto drew even a drop of inspiration from this thread? Odds of it happening? The same as Charlie Bucket getting a Golden Ticket, but ****, he got it!
Zelda Universe may be a bigger candidate, but the way they think they are elite may ruin their chances :laugh:

Scott!

Smash Lord
A Navi-Master Sword fusion? Hm. I'm skeptical. I just have a bit of trouble thinking they're going to make this new, completely different Zelda be a sequel to OoT and MM. I think it's either in a new spot, or after TP. I think the completely different-ness can be reconciled with it being a TP sequel more easily than OoT/MM.

We've all been comparing the girl to the fairy queen. What if she is the fairy queen, though? A younger version. We only met a queen in WW. Could she be born after OoT in the timelines, and have it be significant to a story in this game?

@Toon Marth: They haven't given our timeline their seal of approval, but they have said that there is a master document with the timeline on it somewhere out there, and they've confirmed that it splits after OoT, and that WW and TP are parallel.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If they did, they did it for Spirit Tracks.

Both the train and the alternative costumes were things I fiercely advocate.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
About the theories of this game taking place in Termina...

The only times we've seen the Master Sword in a Zelda game is when Link has to kill Ganondorf in the end. Yet we rarely ever see Ganondorf in any land apart from Hyrule (with the only exceptions of Labrynna/Holodrum).

Why would Ganondorf want to go to Termina? I don't really see a reason, he wants to control Hyrule, and the Triforces he needs to control Hyrule are in Hyrule.

But even if he for some reason did want to go to Termina, how would this game fit in with what we know about Ganondorf in the timeline already? After OoT in Child Timeline, Ganondorf was put on trial, and then imprisoned in the Twilight Realm, as we saw in TP. There doesn't seem to be much else for him to do in between those games, lol

But of course, we've all had our timeline perceptions severely altered with new Zelda games, and this is al based on the idea that a Master Sword will lead to Ganondorf.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
About the theories of this game taking place in Termina...

The only times we've seen the Master Sword in a Zelda game is when Link has to kill Ganondorf in the end. Yet we rarely ever see Ganondorf in any land apart from Hyrule (with the only exceptions of Labrynna/Holodrum).

Why would Ganondorf want to go to Termina? I don't really see a reason, he wants to control Hyrule, and the Triforces he needs to control Hyrule are in Hyrule.

But even if he for some reason did want to go to Termina, how would this game fit in with what we know about Ganondorf in the timeline already? After OoT in Child Timeline, Ganondorf was put on trial, and then imprisoned in the Twilight Realm, as we saw in TP. There doesn't seem to be much else for him to do in between those games, lol

But of course, we've all had our timeline perceptions severely altered with new Zelda games, and this is al based on the idea that a Master Sword will lead to Ganondorf.
I see it as highly possible that Ganondorf would want to take rule of Termina. A land doomed to die, that Link has already saved. He's failed so many times in Hyrule, why not try this place? Since the ancient people of the land of Termina were able to build a tower to steal the triforce and slay the godesses, then why can't HE, hmmm? We may be seeing the Hero of Time return to Termina (hey that sounds like a nice title :) ) deliberately to save a once-again doomed world.

Am I imagining there is more here than there really is? :embarrass

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Since the ancient people of the land of Termina were able to build a tower to steal the triforce and slay the godesses
I think I'd really like to play a game based on that. I think Spire III already posted an idea for it a while ago. It could be a prequel to Majora's Mask that takes place in Termina in which we play as a Link, which would later in the game become Fierce Deity Link, while trying to battle Majora. Should be epic.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I think I'd really like to play a game based on that. I think Spire III already posted an idea for it a while ago. It could be a prequel to Majora's Mask that takes place in Termina in which we play as a Link, which would later in the game become Fierce Deity Link, while trying to battle Majora. Should be epic.
SHOULD be. We'll just have to see what Nintendo does with this. That whole Fierce Deity Link thing really sparked my interest. I'd llllllooooooove~ to see a new game based on this. The trailers my mind makes up are...indescribably awesome. :psycho:

Spire

III
BRoomer
A Navi-Master Sword fusion? Hm. I'm skeptical. I just have a bit of trouble thinking they're going to make this new, completely different Zelda be a sequel to OoT and MM. I think it's either in a new spot, or after TP. I think the completely different-ness can be reconciled with it being a TP sequel more easily than OoT/MM.

We've all been comparing the girl to the fairy queen. What if she is the fairy queen, though? A younger version. We only met a queen in WW. Could she be born after OoT in the timelines, and have it be significant to a story in this game?

@Toon Marth: They haven't given our timeline their seal of approval, but they have said that there is a master document with the timeline on it somewhere out there, and they've confirmed that it splits after OoT, and that WW and TP are parallel.
Well here's the thing Scott. Miyamoto has already confirmed that Zelda Wii does not take place in the TP "era" of Zelda, so it's not going to be a sequel to the game. A direct prequel would be out of the question, but a prequel set a good 75+ years before is not, as that would fall in the Hero of Time's era, just later on.

Think of it as Star Wars. OoT/MM/Zelda Wii = prequel trilogy; TP = original trilogy. OoT/MM/ZW are prequels, but take place long enough before to stand alone on their own.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I've always been imagining a game like this. It thought it would take place after Majora's Mask, assuming that Link ignored Termina and went back to Hyrule to stay until Twilight Princess. Link would soon go back to Termina and find a whole new world; one with the same landmarks, (Snowhead, Great Bay, Woodfall, etc.), but with newer races and people.

LLDL

Smash Hero
never use a walkthrough in a zelda game. You will not appreciate the temple design and difficulty level to its full extent

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
If this is true, I hope it is BIGGER. And a longer game.
Agreed, most of Termina in Majora's Mask was actually very small. The stuff that kept you busy were the puzzles and dungeons that went along with it. Termina itself was extremely small in actuality.

I also think that if the game takes place after Majora's Mask, and if my statement earlier is true, then Zoras should be replaced with Ritos. Not cartoonish looking ones (like in WW), but ones with TP-styled graphics. I also think Yetas should appear on Snowhead. :D

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
On the timeline issue:

Isn't it supposed to be Young Link / Adult Link? You have Majora's Mask going to Twilight Princess, when Majora's Mask is part of the Young Link timeline and Twilight Princess in part of the adult link timeline.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
On the timeline issue:

Isn't it supposed to be Young Link / Adult Link? You have Majora's Mask going to Twilight Princess, when Majora's Mask is part of the Young Link timeline and Twilight Princess in part of the adult link timeline.
Yeah I'm not sure if this would actually make a new rift in the timeline. If it's a prequel to Majora's Mask, then it couldn't be part of the Child Timeline. However, It also can't be part of the adult timeline, as the split occurs in OoT, this would have to take place somewhere before OoT. So if we are anywhere on the mark with this MM stuff, we could possibly see something go into a rather untouched part of Spire's timeline.

Spire

III
BRoomer
On the timeline issue:

No, TP is also part of the Young Link (child) timeline, it just takes place a century or so after the events of Majora's Mask. So far, they are the only games on the child timeline so far.

@ 1UPChris - It'd be cool to see the Rito with such graphics, HOWEVER, the problem lies in the fact that the Zora are featured in TP, and if this game takes place between MM and TP, then it would be illogical to assume that the Zora suddenly transform into the Rito. However, we should see a return of the Yeti.

Also remember this -- the Hero's Bow acquired in TP may very well be the bow acquired in Woodfall Temple in MM, because they resemble one another greatly, AND take place in the same timeline.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
No, TP is also part of the Young Link (child) timeline, it just takes place a century or so after the events of Majora's Mask. So far, they are the only games on the child timeline so far.

@ 1UPChris - It'd be cool to see the Rito with such graphics, HOWEVER, the problem lies in the fact that the Zora are featured in TP, and if this game takes place between MM and TP, then it would be illogical to assume that the Zora suddenly transform into the Rito. However, we should see a return of the Yeti.

Also remember this -- the Hero's Bow acquired in TP may very well be the bow acquired in Woodfall Temple in MM, because they resemble one another greatly, AND take place in the same timeline.
On the subject of the Hero's Bow...you could actually be right. Though, I think of the bow you receive from the Woodfall Temple in MM as a parallel object to the Hero's Bow in TP. (Since Hyrule and Termina are parallel, and Woodfall in Termina is an extinct volcano, and Death Mountain in Hyrule is active.)

I wouldn't doubt that Death Mountain is an exact mirror of Woodfall. Both are volcanoes, both have a tribal-like appearance. (remember the Goron sages in TP? And the appearance of the rooms in Goron Mines?) The only things opposite of the two is that one is located in a jungle and is extinct, while the other is located in a range of mountains and is still active.

@ Dekuu - That was my scenario on the whole sword-girl conversation.

EDIT: Hopefully if the Rito are brought into Zelda Wii with TP graphics, they won't look like this guy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yup. The sad thing is, he's actually 16, and was supposed to die around 3 years ago. For all of you who have no idea what the ****'s wrong with him, click here.

He is now known as the RL Rito.
Oh man, I knew a girl with progeria. It's really sad.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, it's supposed to happen in like 1 in every 2 million babies. One family in India had a family of 6, and 4 of them had it. o_o
The strangest births happen in India. It truly is a magnificent part of the world.

I'e suddenly become fascinated with Progeria, namely because I knew someone with it. But I suppose we should be getting back to Zelda now.

EDIT: toon_marth - come on, it's just Humpty Dumpty! Have you seen the whole painting? Here you go.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm gonna start a new fan-fiction in the Creative Minds section about my idea of a Zelda MMORPG. Some guys and I on Zelda Universe a few years ago started a whole project to make something like this, but it failed after we realized how much work we're going to need to put into it.

Some guy yesterday posted some ideas in the Creative Minds talking about his ideas of a Final Fantasy MMORPG. I hope he doesn't think I'm copying him. <_>

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I think I'm gonna start a new fan-fiction in the Creative Minds section about my idea of a Zelda MMORPG. Some guys and I on Zelda Universe a few years ago started a whole project to make something like this, but it failed after we realized how much work we're going to need to put into it.

Some guy yesterday posted some ideas in the Creative Minds talking about his ideas of a Final Fantasy MMORPG. I hope he doesn't think I'm copying him. <_>
You get that started and I will probably join. :)

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
You get that started and I will probably join. :)
Sweet.
:bee:
I'm not gonna get into all that programming and stuff, I'm just gonna right a story based off of a group of people in the Hylian Army trying to defeat Ganon's army. That'd be cool if we made the story almost like an RPG, by posting how much HP a certain character loses, what attack they use, etc.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Sweet.
:bee:
I'm not gonna get into all that programming and stuff, I'm just gonna right a story based off of a group of people in the Hylian Army trying to defeat Ganon's army. That'd be cool if we made the story almost like an RPG, by posting how much HP a certain character loses, what attack they use, etc.
How much you wanna bet there will be 10+ n00bs asking "I canz bee link?"

Spire

III
BRoomer

All I can say is good luck. A large group of us including Skyler and Darkslash tried to start a Zelda multimedia project -- not even a game -- and it was so incredibly taxing.

So, may the Triforce be with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom