• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
That's not very realistic. The button interface at the top of the screen looks like it was made in Flash. Zelda can do better, lol.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I forgot to mention but they're releasing Cel OoT on the same day as an all new Zelda which sees link handcuffed to Ganondorf forcing to two to work together as they look for the key.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I forgot to mention but they're releasing Cel OoT on the same day as an all new Zelda which sees link handcuffed to Ganondorf forcing to two to work together as they look for the key.
FFFF

Not another 120$ down the drain.

Ganon would break the thing, while Link can ask "favors" to Zelda to take the handcuffs off.

And since where handcuffs where in Hyrule :confused:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well I suppose we did technically agree to play a game when we bought the game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Would this not have killed all civilizations in Hyrule? Gorons don't float. They drown. .
Other than the TP Gorons mentioned there were also Goron Merchants in wind Waker wearing Hawain shirts, straw hats and crusing around on rafts.

comboking

Smash Master
Is that true?
Because that sounds like a good game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
In my personal opinion, cel shaded fits Wind Waker best. I don't understand why "realistic doesn't fit Ocarina of Time". The game had great graphics for N64 and was intended to be somewhat realistic and not the least bit cel shaded. I'm not looking forward to any more freaking cel shaded games. Right now, Twilight Princess has the best graphics out of any Zelda game, and honestly, that's sad. A major video game franchise - and that's as much as we've seen. I'm sick of cel shaded.

A remake of Ocarina of Time with realistic graphics would utterly destroy another crappy cel shaded game. That's why what Mini Mic said isn't ****ing true.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
You know for a second, I almost took the Zora girl as the Master Sword from the concept art. Srsl, look at her quickly.

Hmmm.....Do you think there's a link (no pun intended) here?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ocarina of Time would not work in the WW cel-shading style. Nor do I want it done realistically. Then again, TP isn't really realistic. The people aren't anyway. Everyone's exaggerated and not in real proportions. OoT is also like that. If they were to remake OoT, they would have to preserve the innate whimsical nature of the characters. The art style shouldn't change; only the graphical level.

And why is it sad that TP has the best graphics in a Zelda game? It's the most recent console Zelda, so shouldn't its graphics be the best? Of course, I think that it'll look dated far sooner than WW thanks to the cel shaded style and all that. The graphics in TP were fine. Not out of this world, but it was a very good-looking game.

Edit @ Divineblade: That's actually the theory, that the girl, who looks more like the fairy queen in WW than a Zora, is a humanoid manifestation of the Master Sword.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Ocarina of Time would not work in the WW cel-shading style. Nor do I want it done realistically. Then again, TP isn't really realistic. The people aren't anyway. Everyone's exaggerated and not in real proportions. OoT is also like that. If they were to remake OoT, they would have to preserve the innate whimsical nature of the characters. The art style shouldn't change; only the graphical level.

And why is it sad that TP has the best graphics in a Zelda game? It's the most recent console Zelda, so shouldn't its graphics be the best? Of course, I think that it'll look dated far sooner than WW thanks to the cel shaded style and all that. The graphics in TP were fine. Not out of this world, but it was a very good-looking game.

Edit @ Divineblade: That's actually the theory, that the girl, who looks more like the fairy queen in WW than a Zora, is a humanoid manifestation of the Master Sword.
It's like you said, WW is all its own with cel shading and OOT shouldn't be messing around with it.

And the whole theory with the girl as a manifesation as the Master Sword, I would have to say great mind think alike and we will just have to wait and see :psycho:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
phantom7: should i call the whambulance? just kidding or am i deal with it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
A remake of Ocarina of Time with realistic graphics would utterly destroy another crappy cel shaded game. That's why what Mini Mic said isn't ****ing true.
Lolno.
Cel Shaded or GTFO.
Seriously now.

Actually Wind Waker isn't the only Cel shading style out there. There's Red Steel 2 for example, which I doubted at first, but actually looks really fitting. Maybe we should see what that would look like with OoT.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I would personally like the next Zelda to take place between Zelda OOT adult timeline and Wind Waker. I'd like to see how Hyrule drowned, and maybe a mix of land exploration + sea exploration.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I would personally like the next Zelda to take place between Zelda OOT adult timeline and Wind Waker. I'd like to see how Hyrule drowned, and maybe a mix of land exploration + sea exploration.
But the opening to Wind Waker already explained it. The goddesses flooded it when Ganondorf returned while Link wasn't there. If Link isn't there, then I'm not sure how there can be a game based on this time, lol

urdailywater

Smash Hero
But the opening to Wind Waker already explained it. The goddesses flooded it when Ganondorf returned while Link wasn't there. If Link isn't there, then I'm not sure how there can be a game based on this time, lol
Then where did Link go? Maybe a story revolving around that? Something like Majora's Mask, where he's in some other place that's not Hyrule.

Just kind of thinking up stuff now tbh... but just thinking of something interesting.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Then where did Link go? Maybe a story revolving around that? Something like Majora's Mask, where he's in some other place that's not Hyrule.

Just kind of thinking up stuff now tbh... but just thinking of something interesting.
Zelda had just sent Link back in time at the end of OoT, which is why nobody saw him since then. So, in a sense, Majora's Mask actually is the game revolving on where Link went lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hey guys. A while back I heard something about WW taking place before OoT. I can't be certain, but there was compelling evidence about this, including (iirc) the deku trees mission.

What do you guys think about WW > OoT? I know it's a long shot, but I like the theory. Don't know if it's true, but I like it.

Anyone know what the evidence was?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Hey guys. A while back I heard something about WW taking place before OoT. I can't be certain, but there was compelling evidence about this, including (iirc) the deku trees mission.

What do you guys think about WW > OoT? I know it's a long shot, but I like the theory. Don't know if it's true, but I like it.

Hmmm, I actually never heard this. Although, the fact that the Master Sword is in Hyrule Castle in WW instead of its own shrine like the Temple of Time, would lead me to believe that either this was the original spot for the sword and it was just moved to the temple of time, or they realized the temple of time was not safe enough for the sword, and moved it to the Castle, so it could be closer on-hand.

These two theories contradict each other, however. They either state that it is WW>OoT or OoT>WW. Any thoughts?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
^
That cannot possibly be true. WW's opening cutscene explains the OoT story. Besides, the Triforce was split in WW (it was not split until Ganon invaded the Sacred Realm in OoT), so it must take place after OoT. Besides, what other game would Link have defeated Ganon and been warped from Hyrule? I don't know where you heard that, but that is just ridiculous.

Mini Mic: Hahaha whatever. If you're a mod, at least act like it.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Hmmm, I actually never heard this. Although, the fact that the Master Sword is in Hyrule Castle in WW instead of its own shrine like the Temple of Time, would lead me to believe that either this was the original spot for the sword and it was just moved to the temple of time, or they realized the temple of time was not safe enough for the sword, and moved it to the Castle, so it could be closer on-hand.
Is there any question of how safe the Master Sword is? Ganondorf's never tried to steal it (but he did try to steal the medallions that were the key to the Master Sword in OoT). As far as I can tell, you need to have the 3 medallions/pendants/whatever game you're playing in order to draw it from the pedestal. Otherwise it won't let you. (I think)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Is there any question of how safe the Master Sword is? Ganondorf's never tried to steal it (but he did try to steal the medallions that were the key to the Master Sword in OoT). As far as I can tell, you need to have the 3 medallions/pendants/whatever game you're playing in order to draw it from the pedestal. Otherwise it won't let you. (I think)
they probably moved it to the castle as a monument. Think about it. They all thought Hyrule was safe and that the sword wouldn't be needed because the Hero of Time had done his job. In other words, no need for hiding the sword behind a huge door in a temple.

The sword was behind the door to begin with because they were saving it until it was needed.

Just my thoughts.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well in windwaker the Master Word IS stuck in Ganondorf's head. I think its not a wise idea too pull the master sword out of Ganondorf's noggin and unleash another one.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well in windwaker the Master Word IS stuck in Ganondorf's head. I think its not a wise idea too pull the master sword out of Ganondorf's noggin and unleash another one.
Which is why I question how it ended up back in the Lost Woods in ALttP...

Oh Zelda is so confusing. We know that ALttP comes before LoZ/AoL, but that does not mean that it comes before it in the same timeline.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings

Nah that's not true. In WW, in the room where you find the Master Sword, there's stained-glass pictures of all the sages of OoT. It had to have happened after OoT for the designers of the castles to know that the Sages looked like.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Which is why I question how it ended up back in the Lost Woods in ALttP...

Oh Zelda is so confusing. We know that ALttP comes before LoZ/AoL, but that does not mean that it comes before it in the same timeline.
Which begs the question, why did Link not need the Master Sword to kill Ganondorf in Zelda 1? lol

Apparently the Magical Sword is just as good?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Master Sword Timeline?

Here's the thing. The Master Sword is present in the following arcs:

- ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA
- OoT/MM
- TP

It's as if there might be a "Master Sword timeline" and a "Non-MS timeline". If that be the case, then I would write the timelines as such:

TMC > OoT { A, B

A: WW/PH > ST > FS/FSA > LoZ/AoL
B: MM > TP > ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA

Notes:
1. WW // TP
2. ALttP // FSA

I say that ALttP would be parallel to FSA because both feature the Four Sword, but in completely different settings and situations. Remember, the Four Sword must exist in both timelines because it was introduced in The Minish Cap, which [most likely] takes place before Ocarina of Time. Also, both games feature Ganon coming to power (in pig form) with his trident and the opening of the Dark World, but the stories are different for both games. I know that FSA fits perfectly before ALttP, but the only problem I had with our current timeline is that the ALttP arc has far too much in common with the Child Timeline.

Now, I'm not suggesting we change the timeline, but I hope we can discuss this possibility.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah I figured Link to the Past would have to be in the Child Timeline, it just fits better there. The Master Sword is in the Lost Woods in LttP, because it's after Twilight Princess, in which it was also in the Lost Woods. The Temple of Time just became ruins (somehow?) and the Lost Woods grew around it, I'm guessing.

It's kind of an eerie thought to know that in that 2D spot in LttP is where the Temple of Time in OoT once stood, lol

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't matter, he always finds an unspecific way of coming back. But what I don't get is why Ganondorf turned to stone in Windwaker, whereas he was banished to the Sacred Realm in OOT, died standing up in TP, (bizzare way of dying O_o) and was slayen by the Master Sword in previous quest. It seems like they pull every trick in the book to get rid of him but he finds a way to reappear. Is the Master Sword really doing its job?

c3gill

Smash Ace
It wouldn't matter, he always finds an unspecific way of coming back. But what I don't get is why Ganondorf turned to stone in Windwaker, whereas he was banished to the Sacred Realm in OOT, died standing up in TP, (bizzare way of dying O_o) and was slayen by the Master Sword in previous quest. It seems like they pull every trick in the book to get rid of him but he finds a way to reappear. Is the Master Sword really doing its job?
Well if we assume that some of those Ganondorf's are different people, then yes it is doing its job.

Reincarnation ftw?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Well if we assume that some of those Ganondorf's are different people, then yes it is doing its job.

Reincarnation ftw?
Nah they're all the same Ganondorf, just in different timelines. OoT Ganondorf was banished (to different realms on both timelines). Wind Waker Ganondorf was killed in the Adult Timeline and Twilight Princess Ganondorf was killed in the Child Timeline.

And that's the last we see of Ganondorf, but its his pigbeast Ganon form that finds some way to come back, lol. Though some of those are completely different Ganon's.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
What if Ganondorf did actually get killed in games at some points?

I really wouldn't mind seeing more games where Ganondorf isn't exactly the big boss. He is pretty much the Bowser of Zelda, but how would anyone feel about more games like Majoras Mask where the last boss is a bit more original?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Well, Ganondorf is now one of the essentials in a major Zelda game. Since the main stories include the triforce, it means that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are going to be present. The only way nintendo could make any good games where G-dorf isn't the main boss is if one of their major titles were to go without him (which I wouldn't be averse to because I'd love of see a major zelda title with Four Sword and Vatii).

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well, Ganon was no more than a memory in two of my favorite Zeldas, MM and LA, as well as in others like PH and MC. They can make great games that don't revolve around him, Zelda, and the Triforce. Of course, for me, they have to be sequels, or perhaps a prequel, since Link is defined by the Triforce and his relationship to it, Zelda, Ganon, and the Master Sword. Then again, assuming MC does come first, then there was a Link without most of those things. Just him and Zelda.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Nah they're all the same Ganondorf, just in different timelines. OoT Ganondorf was banished (to different realms on both timelines). Wind Waker Ganondorf was killed in the Adult Timeline and Twilight Princess Ganondorf was killed in the Child Timeline.

And that's the last we see of Ganondorf, but its his pigbeast Ganon form that finds some way to come back, lol. Though some of those are completely different Ganon's.
It is actually hard to say whether Ganondorf actually dies at the end of TP or not. Looking back at OoT, Zelda and the Sages were forced to banish Ganon from Hyrule, after he was stabbed by the Master Sword, because he did not die. Theoretically, the Triforce of Power kept him alive. In TP, we see Ganondorf standing there, however, it seems he loses the Triforce of Power to Zant, resulting in his death. My theory is that Zant was the male Gerudo of the next hundred years after Ganondorf's generation, and, now that Zant is in existence, once Ganondorf was stabbed by the Master Sword, the Triforce of Power was passed on to Zant by destiny. So it wasn't the Master Sword that killed him; it was the fact that he lost the Triforce of Power and was unable to keep himself alive. The Master Sword could have banished the Triforce of Power from Ganondorf, and to Zant, who is a better leader for the banished Gerudo now that he betrayed Ganondorf.

Although, this theory could be wrong.

Maybe, just maybe - The Twilight Realm is actually the Sacred Realm, because when Ganondorf invaded the Sacred Realm, it became a world of darkness. "If someone with a pure heart obtains the Triforce, the realm will become a paradise. If someone with an evil, ambitious heart obtains the Triforce, it will become a realm of evil" - a quote from Sheik. Now that the Temple of Time has mysteriously dissapeared, apparently the Mirror of Twilight is the new entrance to the Sacred Realm, and the Sacred Realm has become a world of darkness. In OoT, Ganondorf was banished to the Sacred Realm, at that point know as the Evil Realm, simply because Ganondorf transformed it into a world of darkness. Since the Master Sword is known as the Blade of Evil's Bane, when Midna shattered the Mirror of Twilight, this caused Ganondorf to remain in Hyrule instead of flying into the Twilight Realm once again after being stabbed by the Master Sword. But with this in mind, the Sacred Realm is now closed, so ALttP cannot follow TP because Agahnim had to appear from somewhere. (Theoretically, Agahnim was a wizard from a tribe banished to the Sacred Realm long ago).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Maybe, just maybe - The Twilight Realm is actually the Sacred Realm, because when Ganondorf invaded the Sacred Realm, it became a world of darkness. "If someone with a pure heart obtains the Triforce, the realm will become a paradise. If someone with an evil, ambitious heart obtains the Triforce, it will become a realm of evil" - a quote from Sheik. Now that the Temple of Time has mysteriously dissapeared, apparently the Mirror of Twilight is the new entrance to the Sacred Realm, and the Sacred Realm has become a world of darkness. In OoT, Ganondorf was banished to the Sacred Realm, at that point know as the Evil Realm, simply because Ganondorf transformed it into a world of darkness. Since the Master Sword is known as the Blade of Evil's Bane, when Midna shattered the Mirror of Twilight, this caused Ganondorf to remain in Hyrule instead of flying into the Twilight Realm once again after being stabbed by the Master Sword. But with this in mind, the Sacred Realm is now closed, so ALttP cannot follow TP because Agahnim had to appear from somewhere. (Theoretically, Agahnim was a wizard from a tribe banished to the Sacred Realm long ago).
This is a really good point. I've thought about this a lot before and have spoken with it outside of the thread (it's been a while, maybe within the thread, I can't remember) about the subject. Basically, all I can break it down to is this:

Twilight Princess is a conjoined reimagining of A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Basically, they merged the two games and changed the names of some big things like the "Dark World" to "Twilight Realm", and "Agahnim" to "Zant". Which of course, is why I believe the ALttP arc to really belong in the child timeline. There are just FAR too many similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom