• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
In which case,

Mario = the less ugly protagonist = Link
Peach = the helpless (for the most part) princess who gets taken somehow from her castle but is ultimately saved (and may or may not have a relationship with the protagonist) = Zelda
Bowser = the larger, slower, powerful big cahuna end boss = Ganondorf
Yoshi = the free ride around the area = Epona

And finally...

Super Mario = Legend of Zelda
Every franchise has its protagonists, antagonists, helpless princesses, and intricately designed horse (or dinosaur) companions.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually, about the "Super Mario = Legend of Zelda".

The first Legend of Zelda was created by Miyamoto when tasked to create a game completely opposite to Super Mario Bros. While SMB was 100% linear, Zelda was supposed to be 100% nonlinear (hence why there's hardly any direction whatsoever). Also, Mario wore red, while Link, his opposite and equal, clad green - the compliment of red. Peach is helpless and ditzy, Zelda is wise. Now this one's a stretch, but Bowser is a giant turtle, Ganon is a giant pig.

The moral?

Turtles are the opposites of pigs.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. There are indeed an undeniable amount of similarities.

If only we could search for answers to the Zelda timeline in the Mario games.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hahahaha. There are indeed an undeniable amount of similarities.

If only we could search for answers to the Zelda timeline in the Mario games.
Okay, Yoshi first appeared in... Super Mario World? Then that means... hmm... and then Peach got captured by Bowser... and Mario saved the Mushroom Kingdom!

Like, omigosh, I think I just figured out the entire Zelda timeline! Thanks for the tip, SinkingHigher!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay, Yoshi first appeared in... Super Mario World? Then that means... hmm... and then Peach got captured by Bowser... and Mario saved the Mushroom Kingdom!

Like, omigosh, I think I just figured out the entire Zelda timeline! Thanks for the tip, SinkingHigher!
I can't read into whether that was sarcasm or heresy, so it's your choice to clear it up.

Whatever it is, don't be a prick.

Wait, you are but a figment of my imagination.

:psycho:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry if my attitude came off that way, I was just messing around.

I sincerely apologize if I sounded like an a**.

Why yes, I am located in the recesses of your mind.

:psycho:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Also (it's probably been discussed before), any theories about the chick in the Zelda Wii concept art?
Mine was that it's Navi and the Master Sword as one being. I posted a thorough reason why pages ago, but now, I really don't know what to think, nor do I want to think of it.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!:bee:

For the most part, it's a bunch of Zelda talk, I'm guessing.

Also (it's probably been discussed before), any theories about the chick in the Zelda Wii concept art?
If you look back a few pages, you can see everyone's thoughts on the subject.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Let's try not to draw parallels to any other character or anything, and just depict what we see as all brand new and fresh. No Navi, no Twili. Just a brand new experience. Now with that said?

I have one of three assumptions. One is that it's an entirely new being that we know nothing about, until we get more info. Two is that it's a form that Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom took, and she plays a prominent role, along with the other two goddesses. Which I personally think would be awesome. Pulling the Goddesses back into the quarrel of whatever's going on makes for an even more epic title.

The third one is what others have often said? It's the Great Fairy and this game indeed revolves around the use of fairies. And Link having to wield other forms of weaponry manifest by whatever that is, or something else entirely.

We all remember when Twilight Princess was being released that all we saw was the Ordonian Sword. To abandon the Master Sword, I feel, is a faulty move. If the adventure takes place in Hyrule, it's kind of a must.

I say that until later in the game, Link won't get an actual sword until the Master Sword. That's when the real adventure begins.

To be frank, I'll be kinda disappointed if this takes place in Hyrule but the Master Sword is nowhere in sight...

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah I mentioned before that everytime Link gets the Master Sword in a game, he has to use it to kill Ganon(dorf) in the end.

Which reminds me. There are only 3 games that Ganondorf in his human form is in. It seems he's reduced to his giant pig state in every other game (which supposedly take place later in the timeline) Will we see Ganondorf again? Or have we already seen every important part of his life (judgin from the timelines)

His last appearance in Twilight Princess was pretty recent, so it could bring some hope we'll see him again.

Of course it could easily be a completely different Ganondorf. (One of the male Gerudos born every 100 years) Since I think we might've exhausted the potential of OoT Ganondorf already, sadly.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I like OoT Ganondorf. But he pales to the maniacal dark-eyed madman that is TP Ganondorf.

Although I like OoT Ganon Beast MUCH more than TP Ganon Beast.

If they could remix those two boss battle themes together...

wow

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I enjoy WW Ganondorf the most, mainly because of that amazing laugh.

But if there was something to tie it up, it'd be the ADD Ganondorf that is in TP.

Obvious reference to fishing rod trick

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Best. Video. Ever. It's been a while since I laughed that much at a YouTube video concerning LoZ.

Also, OoT Ganondorf > TP Ganondorf.

Scott!

Smash Lord
WW Ganondorf > others

He's the only one who provides a motive for his deeds more than just wanting to control the world. He tells us why. And that's epic awesome.

Also, that video made my morning epic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
WW Ganondorf > others

He's the only one who provides a motive for his deeds more than just wanting to control the world. He tells us why. And that's epic awesome.

Also, that video made my morning epic.
Yeah, to all you others, we've discussed the best Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda before. I think the only conclusion we drew however, was that WW Ganondorf was the best, without a doubt.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I enjoy WW Ganondorf the most, mainly because of that amazing laugh.

But if there was something to tie it up, it'd be the ADD Ganondorf that is in TP.

Obvious reference to fishing rod trick
I definetely don't enjoy the WW Ganon fight...

I was wondering why Zelda was friggin' firing light arrows at me... then when I figured it out, getting them to hit Ganon was annoying.

I'd rather just weild the light arrows and shoot him myself

_Icy_

Smash Rookie
I don't want Gannondorf in this I'd rather have Vaati we need a better idea about his personality >.<

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't want Gannondorf in this I'd rather have Vaati we need a better idea about his personality >.<
I think it'd be cool for Vaati's character to branch out, but (and this is just my opinion) perhaps he'd be better off with the handheld games.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks, maybe?

Is that website for real?

Seriously, I can't tell whether it's a joke or not.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
If that girl really is the master sword (which it probably is) then is anybody else feeling bad about the idea of swinging a girls head into an endless amount of monsters and bombs?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If that girl really is the master sword (which it probably is) then is anybody else feeling bad about the idea of swinging a girls head into an endless amount of monsters and bombs?
0_o

Wow. I... never thought of it that way.

This'll be the best LoZ game EVER!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Haha, who'd have ever thought that the best way to test a wall for weak spots was to hit it with a little girl and see if the sound it makes is different than usual? I never would have guessed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom