• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
What exactly are you referring to?

Are you talking about the part where the old man says "That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight." ?

I'm not so sure that should be taken so literally. I highly doubt some random messenger is as knowledgeable about Zelda series as a creator. Imo he was referring to common belief that we see here on Earth about lingering spirits. Dusk is just... symbolic that way -- sun disappearing as if never to appear again. People read too much into things. I don't think he was talking about the Twili or Minish or any of that.

Anyway, just as a side note here, where to the Ooccoo fit into this? I vaguely recall Hylians being descendants of Gerudos (?) and something about Oooccoo's as ascended beings of some kind.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Anyway, just as a side note here, where to the Ooccoo fit into this? I vaguely recall Hylians being descendants of Gerudos (?) and something about Oooccoo's as ascended beings of some kind.
apparently, they are much closer with the gods, and Created the Hylians- in the image of the godesses.

i believe that they have devolved into the race they are now, but once were a much more magnificient and powerful species.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hm, well I didn't see that coming. I'd rather see a game about them than one about Tingle, imo. I would have thought a species that created a whole new species and descended from the gods that created life would do more than just hatch eggs and stalk Hylian boys in temples.

lol if Spirit tracks comes along and tells us that ALLTP Link was the same as LoZ Link or something.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What exactly are you referring to?

Are you talking about the part where the old man says "That is why loneliness always pervades the hour of twilight." ?

I'm not so sure that should be taken so literally. I highly doubt some random messenger is as knowledgeable about Zelda series as a creator. Imo he was referring to common belief that we see here on Earth about lingering spirits. Dusk is just... symbolic that way -- sun disappearing as if never to appear again. People read too much into things. I don't think he was talking about the Twili or Minish or any of that.

I'm talking about the first few lines where he talks about the spirits that left this world coming into close contact with the normal realm in the twilight hour. And then we enter the twilight realm, and everyone's a spirit. To me, hearing him talk and then seeing the spirits in the twilight realm made me think that the twilight realm is where deceased spirits in Hyrule go.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Actually, my theory is definitely inspired by that timeline, but I have some theories that I did not hear from IGN. I also strongly disagree with the timeline in this thread, which is why I began posting here. And honestly, I find professional gamers like IGN or GT to be more reliable anyway.
Well, either their or your timeline directly contradicts what's been said by Aonuma/Miyamoto, since they've put WW and TP happening in different timelines in parallel. Yours has them in series, a direct contradiction. If we can't use what's been stated by them directly, then we have no hope of creating a valid timeline.

Like I said, the cutscene showed Ganondorf floating away in a white background. There is no evidence whatsoever that Ganondorf was banished right there at the remains of the tower. And evidently there was enough time between his defeat and his banishment for him to transform back to a human, which definitely leaves time for them to transport him to the desert, especially considering the Sages can WARP.
I think it's pretty heavily implied that they imprison him then and there. Once Link subdues Ganon enough, Zelda calls on the sages. When the 6 sages gather in the Chamber, they all form their colored orbs, and they open that white hole in the platform. Ganon is next shown plummeting through white, presumably the same white space in the portal. Then, the aftermath of the battle is all shown, and the end scenes happen, etc. It's all shown in such a way as to suggest that it's chronologically ordered. They certainly didn't sentence him there, since all of the sages are shown to be alive when they gather on Death Mountain in that lovely scene during the credits (One of my favorite moments, by the way).

The Gerudo accepted Link as one of them at the end of OoT, and one of them became a Sage. At that point, the Gerudos followed her instead of Ganondorf, which converted them from evil to good before the chance to banish them. Also, Vaati was a Minish, and my theory is that just the Minish who followed Vaati were banished. To explain the missing Gerudos, Ganondorf probably destroyed them and left his minions, the Bulblins, in their place. Same for the Sheikahs - both tribes were completely against him, so he exterminated them.
That's in the adult timeline that the Gerudo accept Link as an honorary member and Nabooru becomes a sage. For that matter, we don't know where the Gerudo allegiance went, as far as I remember. But in the timeline created by Zelda sending Link back, Ganon is confronted before he has a chance to act, since Link tips Zelda off on his plans. He is sentenced and banished. It makes sense that the Gerudo would be punished for going along with this. Even if the sages are the same, which is possible, having Nabooru as a sage probably won't stop them from sentencing the treasonous Gerudo as well for harboring Ganon. I think it's more likely that she would be forced by her duty as a sage to look beyond racial identity and see the crimes of her people.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I can't tell the sages apart, but in TP I believe one water sage (?) died in the sentencing of Ganondorf?

I never heard of a sage dying in OoT, definately not in the adult timeline, and the water sage would have been Ruto(?), and not Nabooru.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm going to settle the debate about the Sages right here, right now.

In Ocarina of Time, as an adult, Link awakens the six (seven) new sages:
- Saria
- Darunia
- Ruto
- Impa
- Nabooru
- Rauru
- (Zelda)

This event occurs in the same timeline that Wind Waker years and years later does, which is why we see the Sages depicted in stain glass windows in Hyrule Castle.

In Twilight Princess, we come across very, very different looking Sages. These are the ancient Sages, the elders; the original Sages -- those who created the Master Sword and the sword that they impale Ganondorf with (who subsequently draws it from his chest and uses it to kill the Water Sage [NOT RUTO] and to battle Link with). LoZ/AoL must take place in this timeline because the towns in Hyrule are named after the awakened Sages, not the Ancient Sages.

Comment: It's interesting to note that the final battle in Twilight Princess happens between the two swords that The Ancient Sages crafted.

Back to the Sages. Because the Sages seen in TP are not the awakened Sages from OoT, but rather those that preceded them, then ALttP must take place in the same timeline as TP, because it references the Ancient Sages that created the Master Sword rather than those that Link awakened in OoT.

So, let's recap. The following list shows what sages are seen or spoken of in the respective games:
A Link to the Past - Ancient Sages
Ocarina of Time - Awakened Sages
Wind Waker - Awakened Sages
Twilight Princess - Ancient Sages

Look Phantom7, you can't just assume that the awakened Sages shed their skin for an eternal form, because there is no proof whatsoever. We aim to structure the series based on facts rather than assumed evidence.
Devolved? Does that word exist lol?

According to Devo it does.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Devolved" is also a word according to the live action super mario bros movie

c3gill

Smash Ace
directed @ Spire: I dont recall it is explictly mentioned, so I will ask. How are you so sure that the towns in AoL and LoZ are named after the sages, and not that the sages are named after those towns? Could they not be, in the beginnings of hyrule, small towns, after which those fated sages were named?

A simple in-game sign or quote from the creaters will suffice to show that you are correct, but I dont recall any specific mention in any game that the sages are named after the towns, and not the other way around.

edit- lolz @ PIncarnate :) 3: to degenerate through a gradual change or evolution

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Devolution is a myth!

It really is, life forms can technically only evolve, and what one person might consider devolution to a biologist would always be a form of evolution, even if the genetic changes make the subject inferior to the original in some way.

Scott!

Smash Lord
directed @ Spire: I dont recall it is explictly mentioned, so I will ask. How are you so sure that the towns in AoL and LoZ are named after the sages, and not that the sages are named after those towns? Could they not be, in the beginnings of hyrule, small towns, after which those fated sages were named?

A simple in-game sign or quote from the creaters will suffice to show that you are correct, but I dont recall any specific mention in any game that the sages are named after the towns, and not the other way around.

edit- lolz @ PIncarnate :) 3: to degenerate through a gradual change or evolution
Well, considering that OoT came out after AoL, and was said to be the first game in the timeline at the time of its release, it would seem that OoT's sages must have come before AoL occurred. The lack of towns in OoT with those names suggests that the 6 sages didn't happen to be named after the towns and all end up as sages by chance or by some strange prophecy that everyone named after towns would be a sage. Good thing there's no prophecy like that either, or we'd have Princess Hyrule Castle Town. That would just be awkward.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It makes very little sense to name a sage after a town.

The sages had to be awakened for one thing, most likely before the the LoZ and AoL towns showed up. In traditional history, a sage (or patron saint) is chosen by a town after that safe (or patron saint) has been established. They choose a specific icon because of a relation between their beliefs and the cause of the sage/saint. To make up some prophecy saying that a person named X will be the leader of that town is a little... random.

It didn't occur to me that there were two sets of sages all along. Though it makes sense in some ways, why didn't the respective sages just awaken the ones of OoT instead of getting Link to do all the work for them? It doesn't make sense to me to have two sets of sages with the same purpose there at the same time. Perhaps Nabooru, Saria, etc... were some kind of incarnation of the Ancients. I dunno. This is pure speculation.

Perhaps there is no unifying theory. Many games came out before Zelda became as wildly popular as it is today. At that time the stories had to be self-sufficient in each individual game for it to pick up interest. They couldn't say "Okay so we're releasing a game right now from a random point in the storyline just for ****s and giggles, and the origins will be released in over a decade from now."

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, either their or your timeline directly contradicts what's been said by Aonuma/Miyamoto, since they've put WW and TP happening in different timelines in parallel. Yours has them in series, a direct contradiction. If we can't use what's been stated by them directly, then we have no hope of creating a valid timeline.

I think it's pretty heavily implied that they imprison him then and there. Once Link subdues Ganon enough, Zelda calls on the sages. When the 6 sages gather in the Chamber, they all form their colored orbs, and they open that white hole in the platform. Ganon is next shown plummeting through white, presumably the same white space in the portal. Then, the aftermath of the battle is all shown, and the end scenes happen, etc. It's all shown in such a way as to suggest that it's chronologically ordered. They certainly didn't sentence him there, since all of the sages are shown to be alive when they gather on Death Mountain in that lovely scene during the credits (One of my favorite moments, by the way).

That's in the adult timeline that the Gerudo accept Link as an honorary member and Nabooru becomes a sage. For that matter, we don't know where the Gerudo allegiance went, as far as I remember. But in the timeline created by Zelda sending Link back, Ganon is confronted before he has a chance to act, since Link tips Zelda off on his plans. He is sentenced and banished. It makes sense that the Gerudo would be punished for going along with this. Even if the sages are the same, which is possible, having Nabooru as a sage probably won't stop them from sentencing the treasonous Gerudo as well for harboring Ganon. I think it's more likely that she would be forced by her duty as a sage to look beyond racial identity and see the crimes of her people.

Judging that the only time we have actually seen Ganondorf's banishment was at the end of OoT does not convince me that he was caught and banished before Majora's Mask after Link was warped back. Also, that theory is highly impossible because Ganon is THERE in HYRULE in Zelda I, Zelda II, and LTTP, not banished to an Evil Realm so he can return years later in TP. And TP is an entirely different Link from the OoT, MM, LA, Zelda I, Zelda II, and LTTP Link, so TP could not come during that time. Unless, of course, Ganondorf was banished at the end of that series of games, but for as much as we've seen, he wasn't.

I don't know specifically who said that TP and WW come simultaneously in the parallel timelines, but looking at their backstories, neither could come in Hyrule A (MM side). In TP, Ganondorf had to return from some type of banishment, and WW tells the story of OoT AND TP (Ganondorf's return) and that the Hero of Time did not return, and someone else recieved the Triforce of Courage (Ordon Link) and Ganondorf survived into WW.

What else you don't seem to understand is the Sages taking different forms. As well as Link and Zelda, the Sages are incarnate beings of eachother. The forms they take in TP are their spiritual forms that they don't take while living human life. TP actually HAS different characters that directly relate to the Sages in OoT - possibly incarnate Sages?

Saria - Ilia
Darunia - Darbus
Ruto - Ralis
Nabooru - Telma?
Impa - Impaz
Rauru - Auru

Scott!

Smash Lord
Judging that the only time we have actually seen Ganondorf's banishment was at the end of OoT does not convince me that he was caught and banished before Majora's Mask after Link was warped back. Also, that theory is highly impossible because Ganon is THERE in HYRULE in Zelda I, Zelda II, and LTTP, not banished to an Evil Realm so he can return years later in TP. And TP is an entirely different Link from the OoT, MM, LA, Zelda I, Zelda II, and LTTP Link, so TP could not come during that time. Unless, of course, Ganondorf was banished at the end of that series of games, but for as much as we've seen, he wasn't.
Uh, wasn't Ganon trapped in the dark world in ALttP? I thought that's what Agahnim was trying to do: free Ganon. And wait, you're saying that it's the same Link in OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, ALttP, and LA? If so, where's Link's uncle in ALttP in the other games? Why does Zelda introduce herself to Link in that game either? OoT has to be the first, since it's been confirmed by the creators to come before all the older games. But ALttP is clearly introducing another, different Link.

I don't know specifically who said that TP and WW come simultaneously in the parallel timelines, but looking at their backstories, neither could come in Hyrule A (MM side). In TP, Ganondorf had to return from some type of banishment, and WW tells the story of OoT AND TP (Ganondorf's return) and that the Hero of Time did not return, and someone else recieved the Triforce of Courage (Ordon Link) and Ganondorf survived into WW.
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Timeline_Quotes

Read the sections on TP and WW. The game creators, Miyamoto and Aonuma clearly state that TP is in the child Link timeline, and that Ganon was to be executed after committing some sort of crime, leading to the TP scene. Link told Zelda about his plans, but they left him be. (Ok, I was slightly wrong before in the details, but not the basic idea.) He ruined his chance, and Zelda called the sages to take care of him, probably while Link was out of the country during MM, though not necessarily. They also state in the WW part that WW takes place int he adult timeline, parallel. There cannot be a firmer source than the two people who wrote all of the games as to the nature of the timeline. If they say that's how it is, then that's how it is, because they said so.

What else you don't seem to understand is the Sages taking different forms. As well as Link and Zelda, the Sages are incarnate beings of eachother. The forms they take in TP are their spiritual forms that they don't take while living human life. TP actually HAS different characters that directly relate to the Sages in OoT - possibly incarnate Sages?

Saria - Ilia
Darunia - Darbus
Ruto - Ralis
Nabooru - Telma?
Impa - Impaz
Rauru - Auru
Wait a second, now in TP there are both disembodied sages AND six new ones who were unawakened? I refer back to Spire's post, since everything I'd say about the sages is better said there.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Phantom, you really need to read up more on the Zelda timeline before even trying to say that the timeline we have in the OP is wrong.

Could you argue that Spirit Tracks might come before Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass? Maybe. Could you argue that Wind Waker and TP are somehow in the same branch of the timeline? Hell no!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm still seeing a bit of a problem, though. Here's a good question: If LttP and TP are in the same timeline, why is Ganondorf coming back to Hyrule from an evil realm TWICE?? And after MM, if Link travels back to Hyrule from Termina (LA), then arrives at Hyrule to defeat Ganon (LoZ), then is Link on a quest to defeat Ganon while Ganon is banished into another realm? You see, that makes absolutely no sense. MM definitely comes immediately after OoT on the child side of the timeline, and LA definitely comes after MM (Link sails from the Great Bay to Hyrule), and LoZ is definitely after LA (Link arrives on shore and begins a quest to defeat Ganon after his nightmares), so where is the sense in that?

Actually Skyler, you could say that TP is on the WW side of the timeline. Here is why:

At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is banished to the evil realm. Link is warped back to his childhood, which leaves Hyrule left with no Link. Hundreds of years later, Ganondorf returns from the evil realm, now called the Twilight Realm, with the aid of the Twili. The Triforce of Courage is passed on to Ordon Link who rises to defeat Ganon. Unfortunately, Link did not kill him, because with the possession of the Triforce of Power, the Master Sword can not kill Ganondorf (At the end of OoT, Ganon survives after being struck with the Master Sword). So after a while, Hyrule somehow floods and becomes the Great Sea. In WW, Outset Link recieves the Triforce of Courage and defeats Ganon.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Where's the arbiter of the arbiter's grounds in TP?

It strikes me as extremely odd that WW has an arbiter in the tower of the gods, but TP doesn't have one. I guess the sages could technically be considered arbiters, but in WW there was a huge golem.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see your points, and I raise you 20.

Link needs to roll around as a Goron more IMO.

Although Goron Link kind of makes me feel that Epona is unnecessary... :(
Epona was totally unecessary. I loved rolling around as a Goron.

I also like moving Dongongo's around, since he's immune to fire and such. I moved them into the little lake to see if it would kill them ...for some reason.

When I was bored and didn't know what to do, I tried rolling around outside clock town to see how far I could get without running out of magic.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Man I'm completely lost here. What are we debating again?
We're arguing WW and TP are in the adult timeline, ALTTP is in the child timeline, Goron link is fun, and that there should be an arbiter in the arbiter's grounds, like the one in WW.

You battle Gohdan the arbiter in WW's Tower of the gods.

Incidently, how can the arbiter's grounds be named after an arbiter that doesn't exist? There's a contradiction unless the arbiter come before TP, but that doesn't make sence by any timeline we've used.
Although Gohdan's hands did return in TP to try to steal the Sol from you.
- Really major spoiler

Alzi

Smash Master
Epona was totally unecessary. I loved rolling around as a Goron.

I also like moving Dongongo's around, since he's immune to fire and such. I moved them into the little lake to see if it would kill them ...for some reason.

When I was bored and didn't know what to do, I tried rolling around outside clock town to see how far I could get without running out of magic.
Riding a horse is better then rolling around as some fat rock. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
"Arbiter" does not have to be a specific character. It could simply refer to those that judge at this place of execution, or more so, the ever-present judgement (I hate the spelling 'judgment') that will always be at the time of sentencing.

However, "The Arbiter" could very well be the Goddess of Sand, whoever that is, as her statue is directly connection to the large black slab that is used for execution.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Here is my timeline theory:

HYRULE B

Minish Cap
(Hyrule is at war and Vaati and the Minish are banished)
-
Ocarina of Time
(Ganondorf invades the Sacred Realm, the Triforce splits into 3 pieces, Link is warped from Hyrule, and Ganon is banished to the Twlight Realm)
-
Twilight Princess
(The Triforce of Courage goes to Ordon Link, and Ganondorf returns from the Twlight Realm with the Minish)
-
?
(Ganondorf fakes his death and somehow Hyrule floods into the Great Sea)
-
Wind Waker
(The new Link, Outset Link, find the Triforce of Courage and defeats Ganondorf)
-
Phantom Hourglass
(Link's new journey on the Great Sea)
-
Spirit Tracks
(Link somwhow begins riding a train)
-
Oracle of Ages

HYRULE A

Minish Cap
(Hyrule is at war and Vaati and the Minish are banished)
-
Ocarina of Time
(Link awakens, obtains the Ocarina of Time, and escapes Hyrule)
-
Majora's Mask
(Link is transported to Termina, where he stops the Moon from falling)
-
Link's Awakening
(Fearing Ganon's reign over Hyrule, he sails back to Hyrule)
-
The Legend of Zelda
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon)
-
Zelda II
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon continued)
-
Link to the Past
(Minish escape from the Twilight Realm and cover Hyrule in darkness)
-
Four Swords
-
Four Swords Adventures
-
Oracle of Seasons
I really don't see why you placed Oracle of Ages and Seasons in different timelines. They definitely take place one after the other.

Also, Link didn't sail to Termina, so I don't know why he would be sailing back from it in Link's Awakening.

At the end of Oracle of Seasons, Link sails off into a sunset, so it's believed LA happens right afterwards. They have basically the same sailboat. That's why in our timeline it goes OoS - LA - OoA. It's kinda weak, I know, but we have to make the most of it for 3 obscure games that don't take place in Hyrule.

They're also placed in timeline A because Twinrova is in the games, and she is dead in timeline B. Twinrova could appear in either game, depending on the order you played them, so we're forced to place both in the same timeline.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm still seeing a bit of a problem, though. Here's a good question: If LttP and TP are in the same timeline, why is Ganondorf coming back to Hyrule from an evil realm TWICE?? And after MM, if Link travels back to Hyrule from Termina (LA), then arrives at Hyrule to defeat Ganon (LoZ), then is Link on a quest to defeat Ganon while Ganon is banished into another realm? You see, that makes absolutely no sense. MM definitely comes immediately after OoT on the child side of the timeline, and LA definitely comes after MM (Link sails from the Great Bay to Hyrule), and LoZ is definitely after LA (Link arrives on shore and begins a quest to defeat Ganon after his nightmares), so where is the sense in that?
When and where was it ever said that Link sailed from Great Bay to Hyrule? This is just you making something up that may or may not have happened. In fact, Link didn't come to Termina by water, nor did he leave by it. At the beginning and end of MM, he's shown riding Epona. I guess he must have turned around once the cameras were off to catch his boat. And as for how LoZ must follow LA because he arrives on shore to fight Ganon, this is just another guess, and is unfounded in the games. LA is based on Link having left Hyrule due to it being peaceful, and his need for adventure. He's leaving, not coming back. He very well could do LA right between the OoX games when he sails from one world to the other. We just don't know. I personally believe that LA follows ALttP, as it was originally intended, and is wrapped up between the OoX games. To me, it fits well. And while it's fine to come up with theories like yours, you can't just spout off anything you want as fact, and if your idea is proven to be wrong beyond a doubt, you have to be ready to throw it out or fix it.

Actually Skyler, you could say that TP is on the WW side of the timeline. Here is why:

At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is banished to the evil realm. Link is warped back to his childhood, which leaves Hyrule left with no Link. Hundreds of years later, Ganondorf returns from the evil realm, now called the Twilight Realm, with the aid of the Twili. The Triforce of Courage is passed on to Ordon Link who rises to defeat Ganon. Unfortunately, Link did not kill him, because with the possession of the Triforce of Power, the Master Sword can not kill Ganondorf (At the end of OoT, Ganon survives after being struck with the Master Sword). So after a while, Hyrule somehow floods and becomes the Great Sea. In WW, Outset Link recieves the Triforce of Courage and defeats Ganon.
No, this doesn't happen. The people who wrote the Zelda games themselves have stated explicitly that TP and WW are in different timelines, and they told us which one's in which. The only way to say they happen in the same timeline is to say that the people who wrote the game were wrong when they told us about the games. And if they creators are wrong, then there is no hope of there being a valid timeline. If we want the timeline to be as accurate as possible, we must assume that the people who wrote the game know it better than anyone else. You said earlier that you prefer the opinions of so-called "professionals". Well, there's no one more professional when it comes to Zelda than the official creators.

On another topic, reading random articles on Zeldawiki brought me to this one, and it fascinated me. I'd forgotten completely about that side quest, and it raises some big questions.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Deku_Tree's_Success

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
On another topic, reading random articles on Zeldawiki brought me to this one, and it fascinated me. I'd forgotten completely about that side quest, and it raises some big questions.

Very interesting, I never really thought about it much myself!

That article raises some good points about seeing this in other games, I particularly found the Oracle of Ages one where the past is more watery to be intriguing. (Though it didn't take place in Hyrule or timeline B and shouldn't really have the effects of the flood in the first place lol)

I'm guessing Spirit Tracks will take place after the Deku Trees finally accomplish this and form the new Hyrule. Just in time for the invention of the train, lol

TerrorBirdX0

Smash Cadet
ok... random theory: you know how some people say that majora's mask was created by the twili, due to the simalarities of the trade mark eye? i think instead of the twili, it was the oocaa! you see on all the doors in city in the sky, the eye is there too!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
So anyway guys, I just wanted to mention (since I haven't seen any posts about this) that Nintendo released a statement saying a new A-list game will be coming out some time this year (most likely by the end of it). They were careful not to give the title away so I'm sure it's not Spirit Tracks (which has it's own trailer, so... no.)

It's very likely that it's a Mario, Pikmin or Zelda game. It could also be a Metroid game, but that doesn't seem as likely.

Typically there is 3 or 4 years between Zelda games, and TP came out in 2006 (which was not a Wii game, but a Wii port of a GCN game).

Though very much doubtful, do you guys think it's likely that it's a Zelda game? I would imagine it might have some kind of relation to Spirit Tracks since they come out within months of eachother, should it be a Zelda game. However, they probably would have made mention of that in the ST trailer to up the suspense, but then again, this is quite suspensful in itself.

So, is a Zelda game likely?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So anyway guys, I just wanted to mention (since I haven't seen any posts about this) that Nintendo released a statement saying a new A-list game will be coming out some time this year (most likely by the end of it). They were careful not to give the title away so I'm sure it's not Spirit Tracks (which has it's own trailer, so... no.)

It's very likely that it's a Mario, Pikmin or Zelda game. It could also be a Metroid game, but that doesn't seem as likely.

Typically there is 3 or 4 years between Zelda games, and TP came out in 2006 (which was not a Wii game, but a Wii port of a GCN game).

Though very much doubtful, do you guys think it's likely that it's a Zelda game? I would imagine it might have some kind of relation to Spirit Tracks since they come out within months of eachother, should it be a Zelda game. However, they probably would have made mention of that in the ST trailer to up the suspense, but then again, this is quite suspensful in itself.

So, is a Zelda game likely?
Kirby is far more likely than Zelda. Last December there was a Kirby game listed for fourth quater this year. It was then removed. However, it's been on and off release schedules for the last four years, so I would not be surprised if it were to be officially reanounced soon.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Im new to this thread. Are you trying to just make sense out of the crazy zelda universe?
Yes, yes we are.

I personally only finished TP (Twilight Princess) and WW (Wind Waker), and I've come to realize the following: (major spoilers for those who haven't player them)

TP's arbiter's grounds lack an arbiter, while it's corresponding building in WW, the Tower of the gods, does in fact have a boss, Gohdan, that is an arbiter by name. We do however, see Gohdan's hands in the twilight zone in the form of a stunnable but not beatable enemy, which tries to take the Sol away from you. In TP, we see Ganondorf's sentencing, which looks a lot like his banishment from the adult timeline of TP, but we're pretty sure it's not as no sage dies in the adult timeline. We think that the dark interlopers might be the Gerudo, but we can't be sure because according to our theories, that would mean the Twilight Mirror was created to stop ganondorf, but it's pretty clear that the dark interlopers, or the twili, predate gannon by quite some time. We also think the twilight mirror of this game might be linked to the dark world mirror of ALTTP (?). There is also a possibility that the twilight realm is a corrupted sacred realm. WW Ganondorf and TP Zant seem to be connected somehow, but we don't know how - WW ganondorf uses the same weapons, clothing, and attitude as Zant in quite a few ways, with the primary difference between the two being Zant's insanity.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Interesting thread. I shall have to develop a theory of my own. I personally have my best interest on the Gameboy Games that do not take place in hyrule such as oracle of ages/seasons and links awakening.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Zelda game's are usually "LOL SURPRISE MARKET H4X" I honestly think its kirby, Star Fox or all 3.

scott! said:
View Post

Wow interesting. Seems like that crazy idea of the Deku Tree (III?) may work.

Skrah

Smash Ace
It's probably a Pikmin game. They've been working on a new Pikmin since before the Wii. All the hype Nintendo will build for a stupid Pikmin 3.

And the "Deku Tree Success" thing, it's very interesting.

You know that I suck when it comes to timelines, so I'm not going to take much of a part lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom