• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It's probably a Pikmin game. They've been working on a new Pikmin since before the Wii. All the hype Nintendo will build for a stupid Pikmin 3.

And the "Deku Tree Success" thing, it's very interesting.

You know that I suck when it comes to timelines, so I'm not going to take much of a part lol.
I'm not completely convinced Pikmin 3 exists, and that it wasn't just caused by confusion concerning NPC Pikmin 1 and 2.

Deku Tree's Success in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland :laugh:

comboking

Smash Master
Couldn't The Pickori sword be the Master sword? Since they give the sword to a master to use to protect the place in minish cap they renamed it the Master Sword.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Couldn't The Pickori sword be the Master sword? Since they give the sword to a master to use to protect the place in minish cap they renamed it the Master Sword.
The Picori Blade is a sword that is similar to the Master Sword in that it is given to a Hero to defeat a great evil. Though, it can't be the master sword, as it was reforged into the white sword. It eventually became the Four Sword when it was infused with the four elements. Unless the minish cap takes place at the very end of the zelda timeline, and the master sword remained the four sword, then I don't suppose this could be possible. I don't suppose it would be a good argument to propose that there are several Master Swords, but still...

comboking

Smash Master
Maybe the 2 time frames meet each other somewhere in the series.

The Dark Mirror in Four Swords Adventures is said to be the source of all the Shadow Links. It is said that one can look into the mirror and pull out their dark reflection. Ganon obviously did this, and stole the mirror, because all of the Links came from this source.
Kind of like the penguin in the TP snowpeak temple. When she looks in the mirror

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think that the Ancient Sages - those who forged all of the evil-undoing swords - actually tried many times before perfecting their craft with the Master Sword.

Sage Sword (official name unknown) - Used to execute Ganondorf as seen in TP
Picori Sword - A sword that was used to bring peace--once a year, one person is allowed to touch it as tradition.
Four Sword - Created to split the wielder into four (perhaps the method at the time of its creation to fight evil as best as possible)
Magic Sword - Almost perfect Master Sword
Master Sword - The perfect sword of evil's bane. None but those true of heart can touch it, and because Ganondorf was able to wield the Sage Sword, it was hence weaker than the Master Sword, which may attribute to why he lost the fight with Link in TP.

This is all extremely theoretical, of course. It is interesting how similar the idea of the Four Sword plays into TP though. Perhaps the Four Sword is actually the Master Sword, and is why Link sees the vision of his three dopplegangers before actually retrieving the Master Sword, showing that with its power, four of him could threaten Hyrule and all that he cares for (as represented by Ilia) if not properly used. However, Link does not split into four in TP, but later on in the actual events of FS/FSA (different Link presumably) he does, so I find that these games must take place in the same timeline.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Very interesting ideas, Spire.

I never really made the connection that the sword Ganondorf has in the final battle is the same one the Sages used on him. Is it the same sword he has in Brawl? lol

Scott!

Smash Lord
Very interesting ideas, Spire.

I never really made the connection that the sword Ganondorf has in the final battle is the same one the Sages used on him. Is it the same sword he has in Brawl? lol
Yup, same sword. I didn't catch that my first time through TP either. It was a decently long while between me seeing the sages with the sword and getting to Ganon using it so I'd forgotten most of the details of the scene. My second time through, I did notice. And yeah, it's the same sword he pulls out of nowhere to mock us before he goes back to using Falcon's moves. (Complains fruitlessly)

Alzi

Smash Master
This is why toon ganondorf should of been in brawl. :p Spire III i really like your thinking that goes into this thread clears up my mind heaps.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is why toon ganondorf should of been in brawl. :p Spire III i really like your thinking that goes into this thread clears up my mind heaps.
Hey, thanks man. I appreciate it. But, don't rely on me too much, because just as easily as I can clear things up, so can I distort them (although I'd never intentionally!)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I think that the Ancient Sages - those who forged all of the evil-undoing swords - actually tried many times before perfecting their craft with the Master Sword.

Sage Sword (official name unknown) - Used to execute Ganondorf as seen in TP
Picori Sword - A sword that was used to bring peace--once a year, one person is allowed to touch it as tradition.
Four Sword - Created to split the wielder into four (perhaps the method at the time of its creation to fight evil as best as possible)
Magic Sword - Almost perfect Master Sword
Master Sword - The perfect sword of evil's bane. None but those true of heart can touch it, and because Ganondorf was able to wield the Sage Sword, it was hence weaker than the Master Sword, which may attribute to why he lost the fight with Link in TP.

This is all extremely theoretical, of course. It is interesting how similar the idea of the Four Sword plays into TP though. Perhaps the Four Sword is actually the Master Sword, and is why Link sees the vision of his three dopplegangers before actually retrieving the Master Sword, showing that with its power, four of him could threaten Hyrule and all that he cares for (as represented by Ilia) if not properly used. However, Link does not split into four in TP, but later on in the actual events of FS/FSA (different Link presumably) he does, so I find that these games must take place in the same timeline.

It doesn't make sense that the Master Sword can be upgraded then though, if it is perfect. Look at LTTP, and the Fairy Fountain. If it is perfect then it would be at it's strongest already. Look at the extra swords in Ocarina. The Giant's Knife (being imperfect) breaks, while the Biggorron's Sword stays intact. Out of the realm of goddess-crafted-magical-swords, the analogy would serve to show that a perfect sword would already be in fact, perfect.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It doesn't make sense that the Master Sword can be upgraded then though, if it is perfect. Look at LTTP, and the Fairy Fountain. If it is perfect then it would be at it's strongest already. Look at the extra swords in Ocarina. The Giant's Knife (being imperfect) breaks, while the Biggorron's Sword stays intact. Out of the realm of goddess-crafted-magical-swords, the analogy would serve to show that a perfect sword would already be in fact, perfect.
Good point with the Biggoron Sword being more powerful. However, when it comes to "banishing evil", only the Master Sword can truly do that, which is why the Sword of Sages could not.

The more we study the games, the more revealing factors emerge in significance in correspondence to the timeline -- meaning, that we shave off the excess like Tingle (sorry Skyler), and focus on the anchors of the series, the Master Sword being one of them, I believe.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The more we study the games, the more revealing factors emerge in significance in correspondence to the timeline -- meaning, that we shave off the excess like Tingle (sorry Skyler), and focus on the anchors of the series, the Master Sword being one of them, I believe.
Tingle is excess. A lot of Zelda is excess when it comes to the timeline. The storyline is a pittance when it comes to the timeline because it's nearly always Link having to save Zelda (though there are exceptions). Really, where we get much of the timeline that hasn't been stated by Aonuma/Miyamoto, is from the locales of the game. The visuals of Zelda gives us certain clues as to what happened when.

Zelda has always been a good looking game, but for timeline nerds like us, the visuals are much more important than most would think!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I kinda forgot all the details of ALTTP but, like the OoT fairies, don't they give Link upgrades, which in turn upgrade his weapons?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Is there anything in Zelda that would point out to the lifespan of a fairy? I would really like to see Navi come back or at least make a cameo in a future game. Sometimes I miss Navi more than Link. Thinking back I can't remember anything really, but I may be wrong. It seems like many magical creatures in Hyrule manage to live for unreasonably long periods of times, fairies likely as well.

Yes, the LTTP fairy upgrades the Tempered Master Sword for you, which was previously upgraded by a blacksmith.

Skrah

Smash Ace
So would you guys consider the Master Sword in OoS/OoA canon? Since it is aquired through codes (bonus), maybe it wasn't meant to be included into the story and is more of a cameo.

Scott!

Smash Lord
There's also the fairy on the island on Lake Hylia where you can get bomb and arrow upgrades for throwing money into the fountain.
Imagine what would happen if you threw your sword in!

That's a good question and the fairies though. I kind of doubt it's super long, but it would be cool to see Navi again someday. I was sad that Link never found her in MM.

Edit @ Skrah: I think we were of the opinion that it was more of a cameo, but I'm not sure. I'd lean towards that, since it's not in Hyrule at all there...

Skrah

Smash Ace
I just thought of something...

If throwing your sword in the fountain upgraded the sword to godliness, what would happen if Link jumped inside the fountain? I've thought of three possible outcomes:

a)Link drowns because his equipment weighs him down.
b)He is roasted by all the power of the fountain.
c)Link becomes God.

Discuss

Alzi

Smash Master
Do you think navi got stuck in that jemstone that tetra gives you in windwaker. lol.

The cel shaded games seems to intrest me more in the time lines.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced that Link went looking for Navi. Originally that's what I thought, and it's still what I like to think, but I recall some kind of proof that it wasn't Navi, or atleast a very convincing theory.

Ultimately he goes looking for a friend and ends up with a friend that he had known in OoT. Skullkid tells him he smells like the boy he used to know, and iirc they accept eachother as friends at the end of MM.

Link seemed pretty okay with Navi totally ditching him in the OoT ending. I guess he got fed up with "Listen!" "Look!" "Listen!!" "Look!" "Listen!" "Listen!"

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm not convinced that Link went looking for Navi. Originally that's what I thought, and it's still what I like to think, but I recall some kind of proof that it wasn't Navi, or atleast a very convincing theory.

Ultimately he goes looking for a friend and ends up with a friend that he had known in OoT. Skullkid tells him he smells like the boy he used to know, and iirc they accept eachother as friends at the end of MM.

Link seemed pretty okay with Navi totally ditching him in the OoT ending. I guess he got fed up with "Listen!" "Look!" "Listen!!" "Look!" "Listen!" "Listen!"
There may be theories on the contrary, but I will always remain certain that it is Navi that Link left to find. In the opening of MM, in the part with just the words on the black background, when they say the bit about him going off to find a friend, there's a sound. The sound is exactly the swooshing sound Navi made when she flew around Link. To me, this sound, which only makes sense in this context, since there are only words on the screen, no action yet, makes it clear that it's Navi.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Think about the symbolism in Link stumbling onto who may represent his potential counterpart, Skull Kid, and how from him are split two faeries, Tatl and Tael, who may be counterpart(s) to Navi. To balance out this equation, both Link and Skull Kid end up with one faerie each, both of which - in Hyrule standards - make up one faerie. This raises the question that perhaps Link and Skull Kid are one in the same in that one had the ultimate power to destroy Termina, and the other the power to save it - whereas no other individual could accomplish either feat.

Navi was tasked in the very beginning of OoT by the Great Deku Tree to watch over Link and guide him to fulfill his destiny, and so she accompanied him in Hyrule because without her, he simply (and unfortunately) could not accomplish all that he did. Now, because Termina is a polar world to Hyrule, Link fatefully did not need her. Much can be revealed about Termina's functions if its Hyrulean counterparts are set up in a polarized fashion where "this in Hyrule happens in such a way because in Termina, it happens oppositely", etc, etc. Navi knew that she had to leave Link at the end of OoT so he would search her out and consequently save the doomed world of Termina.

All in all, I believe it is Navi he was looking for.

It's very interesting to note that in the last scene of OoT, Link is seen approaching Zelda in her courtyard without Navi. It is a crucial point in the story that she recognizes him as the hero from her dream because he is clad in green and has a fairy. Now, he does not have a fairy, so obviously he will not be saving Hyrule from Ganondorf, so rather than rely on him, she turns to the royal power to stop Ganondorf from taking over. This further asserts that Navi is in fact gone, and Link has gone to look for her because he knows that without her, he could not save Hyrule (which he may believe he needs to do once more), but instead, becomes wrapped up in Termina, and upon possibly returning to Hyrule after the events of Majora's Mask, learns that Ganondorf has already been sentenced.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Ah! That swooshing sound was the thing I was talking about. Hahahaha, I guess it was proof that it was Navi then. This makes me happy.

I never really realised the similarities, or opposites rather, in Skull kid and Link.

So what was up with Termina? (What an unfortunate name. Practically gives away the plot for the citizens) Where does this place fit in exactly? In the beginning Link is in a forest. Perhaps it's in the Lost Woods somewhere? It would make sense that Link would look for Navi there. Also, that's where Skull Kid is found in OoT. iirc the only OoT melody thats referenced in Saria's Song (Song of Healing backwards), once again Lost Woods (though this is probably just coincidence).

Hm, it seems I've answered my own question.

I really hope Nintendo releases a Zelda game that fits somewhere into the timeline instead of at the end of it like Spirit Tracks. That should mess things up.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
lol, I love reading your ideas and theories, Spire III. You just brought up something very interesting:

Link isn't the only one running around Timeline A with a memory of the events in Timeline B. Somewhere out there Navi is floating around, knowing that in a paraellel universe Ganondorf was slain and imprisoned. While Link was in Termina, she probably watched the events of Ganondorf being sealed in the Twilight Realm. She most likely knows more than Link about what's going on.

If there's ever a Third Adventure for the original Hero of Time, it should have her again. Only thing is it can't have Ganondorf, since he's supposed to be imprisoned until Twilight Princess. ...Unless he comes briefly and is then imprisoned again but that would just be lame. It would need a new villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom