• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Very intresting find there. I haven't played links awakening but did that whale ever get a spell on him to become human or did that just suddenly happen in Phantom Hourglass?
I think it said Bellum caused him to become human. He turned back into a whale after Link defeated Bellum.

Only difference is I don't think the Ocean King had wings, lol. Maybe he can just grow them since he is a magical whale after all.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yes i know bellum gave him the curse but in Links Awakening seeing how i've never played that game did he get a curse on him after the game to be human?

Also Maybe those wings on him is navi inside of him. Since in Phantom Hourglass he's close friends with Navi. :S

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Oh, no, he's asleep throughout all of Link's Awakening and we don't even see him until the very end.

lol
yeah It could be the fairy inside him lolol

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I just thought of something:

If on the child side of the timeline, Ganon returns in LttP, here is a question: when is he banished?

How do we know that LA,LoZ and LoZ2 come after MM? LoZ Hyrule is very diferent from OoT Hyrule. LA could be between the Oracle games.

Four Swords could possibly be its own timeline, along with the Minish Cap and FS advemtures.

Wait what what do you mean banished twice?

He couldn't be banished. Mostly becuase Link killed Ganon at the end of LttP. You also have to remember there were numerous attempts to revive Ganon. Also every 100 years a Gerudo Male is born. And most of the time this guy is Ganondorf reborn.

Please watch the Wind Waker Intro. It mentions that Ganondorf broke out of his imprisonment. So the Gods flooded Hyrule to stop him.

Interesting to note in Wind Waker's intro.

Here is Link defeating Ganon. As you can see he's wielding the master Sword.

Here you can see Link going away from Hyrule, with a different looking sword. This sword looks alot like the Kokiri Sword.

Wait a minute. The Wind Waker intro both tells the ending of the two differnt paths of Link. Is it possible that the Hyilians of the Adult Time line created the Majora Mask legend from rumors of a another land named Termina, while in a cruel twist of fate, it actualy happens in the Child time line? It mentions that the Hyilians in the Wind Waker Intro mention they were waiting for the hero of time. It never mentions that he went BACK in the time. They must of thought he went to Termina, while in crazy reality, he does in the Child Time Line.

Also another interesting thing to note. The last scene of Link in Twilight Princess.

Really looks fimiliar to the above intro scene doesn't it? Really odd that both the Kokiri sword and the Ordon Sword, have similar designs.
Because after MM, Link begins to fear Ganondorf's reign over Hyrule, so he sets to sea, through the Great Bay, to return to Hyrule. In LoZ, he is washed up on shore and continues his journey north to find Ganon. In LoZ2 he finally reaches Ganon and defeats him. After that, he is banished because he is not in FS, then in LttP, he makes his return.

Could be, but that doesn't mean Ganondorf was not banished after LoZ2.

In order to return to Hyrule twice, he would have had to have been banished twice, and he was banished once.

Ganon does not usually die from the Master Sword's blade. Keep in mind that Ganon has the Triforce of Power - a piece of the goddesses' power. As long as that is in his possession, the Master Sword will not kill him. In OoT, he was banished BECAUSE he survived the Master Sword. Every 100 years a male Gerudo is born, so he loses the Triforce of Power to that Gerudo King and can then be severed by the Master Sword.

No, you've got that confused. When the Hero disappears, that is the end of OoT when Link is warped to his childhood by Zelda, not the events following it in Link's perspective when he escaped to Termina. Immediately after he defeated Ganon, Link was warped from Hyrule. If WW was in Hyrule A, it would not tell the story of Link defeating Ganon because that wouldn't have happened.
But if you're saying that was a legend created by Hylians - where do they come up with that idea?

Yes they do, but who knows where Link may be going in this image? Ahead of him lies a path that leads to Hyrule Field and another that leads to the Sacred Grove, so you can't assume he's headed away from Hyrule.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Or maybe the Ocean King actually meddled into Link's dream? I mean, In LA Link starts dreaming as he shipwrecks doesn't he? Could that ocean be the same in which the Ocean King swims through? Maybe in an attempt to save Link, he entered his dream as the Wind Fish? I'm just saying silly stuff though.
Link has very elaborate dreams...

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Link has very elaborate dreams...
Ocarina of Time started with him dreaming about future events of Ganondorf taking over Hyrule. Yet the Deku Tree later explains that Ganondorf had been supplanting dark thoughts into people's dreams.

Link to the Past opens with Link sleeping, supposedly having a dream in which Zelda tells him she's kidnapped and where to find her.

Hmm... and I think those are the only times we see Link dreaming in the series. It's interesting to note that each time he dreams they're being manipulated by outside sources (Zelda, Windfish, Ganondorf)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
With the recent talk of Phantom Hour Glass...
Translated Manga popped up on Onemanga. Interesting how close the Manga will follow the game.

Also @The Halloween Captain
What's with the Zant obsession. Its almost the same as my Darknut one :D
I find characters that are completely insane to be the most interesting.

Insanity is not utter chaos that can be mended into whatever is convenient for the writer, when this happens it is the sign of a writer that has no comprehension for what insanity is. Insanity is a warped understanding of reality that causes you to percieve truths no one else can percieve, while making you blind to that which is obvious to everyone. It is the most logical reason why a person would be an individual rather than merely a part of a crowd. Zant is the perfect madman - he alone among the twili appreciates the shortcomings of the twilight realm, while blind to the difference between light and dark. The biggest problem with Zant, however, is that he's somewhat inadequetly developed.

Incidently Spire, having not played Majora's mask, I'm not at liberty to make any judgements upon it. It sounds original though (and if you want an idea of what a happy moon would look like, just look at TP's skull kid). And if I were to find an "in" into the industry, it would be music composition (and maybe programming the controls, because I'm really nit-picky about controls). The only problem is that while I understand music extremely well, I don't know enough about writing it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Because after MM, Link begins to fear Ganondorf's reign over Hyrule, so he sets to sea, through the Great Bay, to return to Hyrule. In LoZ, he is washed up on shore and continues his journey north to find Ganon. In LoZ2 he finally reaches Ganon and defeats him.
Is this confirmed as fact anywhere? I mean the part about LoZ following MM, with AoL following that. Because it doesn't really make sense. After MM, Hyrule has not had need of the sages yet until Ganon commits that crime the creators mentioned, and they banish him. But in AoL, which by your theory would happen within a few years of OoT, the towns all are named after the sages. Why would this have happened? AoL must therefore be in the adult timeline. Hyrule also looks dramatically different in LoZ and AoL, so if maps count for anything, then some significant time must have passed. Also, I was under the impression that Link defeats Ganon in LoZ, and that AoL is partially based on evil forces trying to resurrect Ganon from the ashes or something.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Ocarina of Time started with him dreaming about future events of Ganondorf taking over Hyrule. Yet the Deku Tree later explains that Ganondorf had been supplanting dark thoughts into people's dreams.

Link to the Past opens with Link sleeping, supposedly having a dream in which Zelda tells him she's kidnapped and where to find her.

Hmm... and I think those are the only times we see Link dreaming in the series. It's interesting to note that each time he dreams they're being manipulated by outside sources (Zelda, Windfish, Ganondorf)
Exactly my point. Link dreams for a reason. Or at least each time Nintendo sees it useful. :p

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Is this confirmed as fact anywhere? I mean the part about LoZ following MM, with AoL following that. Because it doesn't really make sense. After MM, Hyrule has not had need of the sages yet until Ganon commits that crime the creators mentioned, and they banish him. But in AoL, which by your theory would happen within a few years of OoT, the towns all are named after the sages. Why would this have happened? AoL must therefore be in the adult timeline. Hyrule also looks dramatically different in LoZ and AoL, so if maps count for anything, then some significant time must have passed. Also, I was under the impression that Link defeats Ganon in LoZ, and that AoL is partially based on evil forces trying to resurrect Ganon from the ashes or something.
You know, a world where the towns are named after sages would have to take place in a timeline where the sages the towns were named after became somewhat known. It actually strike me as kinda odd that it would take place after WW in the WW timeline, seeing as almost all recollection of Hyrule was erased.

On the other hand, a world in which all the villages were destroyed would require the founding of new villages by respected village leaders - the Sages. Then these villages would be named after the leaders that founded them. Or a well-respected guardian could have a village named after him or herself.

Because we don't actually know what happened between OoT and TP in the child timeline, nor do we know what happens between OoT and WW in the adult timeline, I can't help but wonder why we all assume no Zelda games occured between OoT and the following console iterations of the series.

Shortly after the events of The Legend of Zelda, Link notices a strange mark on the back of his left hand, similar to that of the crest of Hyrule. He seeks out Impa, who responds by taking Link to the tower of North Castle, where a maiden lies in a deep sleep. Impa tells Link that the maiden is Zelda, the princess of Hyrule from long ago, and the origin of the "Legend of Zelda".
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Zelda_II:_The_Adventure_of_Link

I thought Impa's tribe disappeared in WW (and quite conclusively must have ended in TP, for that matter). I'm sure it's not the same person, but isn't the character "Impa" canonically a Sheikah? Does Phantom hourglass have an explanation?

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ive noticed this mentioned incorrectly a couple of times now, so ill go ahead and correct it. Link's Awakening takes place inside the Wind Fish's Dream. As you complete the game, you end the game in the same place the game begun: laying on some driftwood at sea.

"To the finder, the isle of Koholint is but an illusion... Human, monster, sea, sky... a scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye... Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle... Castaway, you should know the truth!"

It is made obvious by that reading, in Face Shrine (north? i havent played in awhile, dont remember if its north or south). If you are still convinced after that, as you finish off the nightmare and ascend the stairs to play the 8 instruments, the owl flies up and tells you that he is the guardian of the windfish's dream, and as such is part of the Wind Fish. he then goes on to ramble about the dream getting disrupted by nightmares.

As the game concludes, the Wind Fish tells you that all dreams are meant to end, and that the 2 of you should awaken together- then a gigantic steam of water shoots you away. This suggests that Link was actually inside the wind fish (a whale), and his travels were not imaginary, but actually took place inside a dream- he was an outsider, just as the nightmares were.

Link's Awakening isnt just a reference to Link waking up in the beginning of the game, or as the game concludes. It is also a hint of foreshadowing that Link will be the one to awaken the Wind Fish.

kosher?:)

edit: i forgot Facades quote as he is dying! anyone care to quote it?
2nd edit: and hot head's quote also? :( im just being forgetful, apparently.....
3rd edit: i think ima make Hot Head (color) my avatar-thing....
4th edit: AND EVIL EAGLE! ARG!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because after MM, Link begins to fear Ganondorf's reign over Hyrule, so he sets to sea, through the Great Bay, to return to Hyrule. In LoZ, he is washed up on shore and continues his journey north to find Ganon. In LoZ2 he finally reaches Ganon and defeats him. After that, he is banished because he is not in FS, then in LttP, he makes his return.
What? Again, you are simply quoting the IGN timeline which, and as we have stated quite a few times now - is officially wrong, meaning Miyamoto and Aonuma's words have debunked it. Also, Link never reaches Ganon in LoZ2 (AoL), as he is never looking for him. Ganon is never encountered in that game, only appearing in the Game Over screen.
Could be, but that doesn't mean Ganondorf was not banished after LoZ2.

In order to return to Hyrule twice, he would have had to have been banished twice, and he was banished once.

Ganon does not usually die from the Master Sword's blade. Keep in mind that Ganon has the Triforce of Power - a piece of the goddesses' power. As long as that is in his possession, the Master Sword will not kill him. In OoT, he was banished BECAUSE he survived the Master Sword. Every 100 years a male Gerudo is born, so he loses the Triforce of Power to that Gerudo King and can then be severed by the Master Sword.
Ganon has only been seen being banished once, in Twilight Princess. But, this event took place far before TP did, most likely while Link was in Termina during the events of Majora's Mask. Yeah, Ganon has never died by the Master Sword, because it is the "Sword of Evil's Bane", meaning it is used to banish evil from the world of light, not necessarily kill. However, when Ganondorf lost the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, I believe he actually died, only to be reborn in his pig form later on in the subsequent games (ALttP, LoZ, etc).
Yes they do, but who knows where Link may be going in this image? Ahead of him lies a path that leads to Hyrule Field and another that leads to the Sacred Grove, so you can't assume he's headed away from Hyrule.
Exactly, who knows? None of us do. However, how did Link get to the section of the Lost Woods seen in the intro to MM, as they were significantly different than those depicted in OoT? This is definitely a longshot, but you know that beta forest made for TP? It sure looks a lot like the section of the Lost Woods seen in the MM intro, whereas those played in both OoT and TP (Sacred Grove) resemble one another. What it all boils down to is that Link is riding away into the forest, perhaps back to Ordon, or perhaps away from Hyrule to look for Midna, just as he left Hyrule to look for Navi, and this may further be attributed to the fact that Midna said that they would meet again one day, and so Link leaves to find this way.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What? Again, you are simply quoting the IGN timeline which, and as we have stated quite a few times now - is officially wrong, meaning Miyamoto and Aonuma's words have debunked it. Also, Link never reaches Ganon in LoZ2 (AoL), as he is never looking for him. Ganon is never encountered in that game, only appearing in the Game Over screen.

Ganon has only been seen being banished once, in Twilight Princess. But, this event took place far before TP did, most likely while Link was in Termina during the events of Majora's Mask. Yeah, Ganon has never died by the Master Sword, because it is the "Sword of Evil's Bane", meaning it is used to banish evil from the world of light, not necessarily kill. However, when Ganondorf lost the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, I believe he actually died, only to be reborn in his pig form later on in the subsequent games (ALttP, LoZ, etc).

Exactly, who knows? None of us do. However, how did Link get to the section of the Lost Woods seen in the intro to MM, as they were significantly different than those depicted in OoT? This is definitely a longshot, but you know that beta forest made for TP? It sure looks a lot like the section of the Lost Woods seen in the MM intro, whereas those played in both OoT and TP (Sacred Grove) resemble one another. What it all boils down to is that Link is riding away into the forest, perhaps back to Ordon, or perhaps away from Hyrule to look for Midna, just as he left Hyrule to look for Navi, and this may further be attributed to the fact that Midna said that they would meet again one day, and so Link leaves to find this way.
You do realize you just provided a basis for saying Majora's mask occured after TP, right?

Reimagine Majora's mask with the word "Midna" instead of the word "Navi", and swap out the mask with the fused shadow.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Majora's mask, so there are probably any number of plot holes I would appreciate you pointing out.

EDIT:
Have you noticed the similarities between the tower of the gods and Arbiter's ground?
Yes, I even pointed out that Gohdan the Arbiter is a boss in WW's tower of the gods. It makes me wonder why the TP location is almost named after a boss only found in WW.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You do realize you just provided a basis for saying Majora's mask occured after TP, right?

Reimagine Majora's mask with the word "Midna" instead of the word "Navi", and swap out the mask with the fused shadow.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Majora's mask, so there are probably any number of plot holes I would appreciate you pointing out.
Hehe, yeah, I did realize that. The only problems would be Link's age really. Introducing the Fused Shadow in Twilight Princess, and hypothetically following TP with MM would make parallel Majora's Mask to the Fused Shadow, which would establish a counterpart-connection that OoT lacked. Also, the fact that Link sets the Master Sword back in its pedestal at the end of TP allows for Link to not have it if MM were to follow. Also, Link did meet a Skull Kid in TP whose face already resembles The Moon from Majora's Mask, so he could very well take the place of the Skull Kid encountered in MM, as both met Link in Hyrule. Wow, MM really could easily follow TP, and in some ways, better than it could OoT (although the absence of the Deku Scrubs and Gerudo could potentially be a big problem).

Still, this does not mean that we won't get another Terminian Zelda game :)

Yes, I even pointed out that Gohdan the Arbiter is a boss in WW's tower of the gods. It makes me wonder why the TP location is almost named after a boss only found in WW.
Wow, I never realized that. They both have that Roman Colosseum architecture going on. What I recently realized is that despite not having a conventional Water Temple in WW, The Tower of the Gods was a water temple. That was another great thing about WW, the irregularity of the dungeons (fire dungeon first!?)

c3gill

Smash Ace
Biggest issue with MM following TP is...... it has been stated, many times over, that MM was a direct sequal to OoT.

and agreed, we need another Termina game (AFTER MM ON VC!)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Biggest issue with MM following TP is...... it has been stated, many times over, that MM was a direct sequal to OoT.

and agreed, we need another Termina game (AFTER MM ON VC!)
Well of course it's a direct sequel to OoT. There's absolutely nothing denying that ;)

But it's very interesting how similar OoT and TP are, that MM could theoretically be a sequel to TP minus the very few loopholes.

c3gill

Smash Ace
agree with that as well- Idea!

[OoT is to MM] as [TP is to (im praying the Zelda Wii?)]

As stated above, the differences between OoT and TP are NOT massive, and concluding TP with a MM-type game would really make me a happy Zelda fan. Do I think that it is likely? sadly, no - but it does sound cool.

Scott!

Smash Lord
While there are some big similarities between OoT and TP, I'm pretty sure MM is intended as an OoT sequel. I mean, the usage of the OoT characters isn't just an easy way out; it's showing how Termina is a parallel world, the same but different. Plus, TP Link never taught Skull Kid any song for him to reference learning. He doesn't even have the Ocarina of Time. The Clock Town soldiers stop Link in MM on his way out if he's in human form, and only let him pass because he's armed. They think he's too young. There's no way they'd stop TP Link; he's probably not much younger than some of them. So I don't think we're going to have to move MM around in the timeline. There are some interesting possibilities there though.

*Hopes for another Termina game*

Though... I don't know if another Termina game would make MM less special. Nah, I'll take another game in Termina anyway.

Spire

III
BRoomer
While there are some big similarities between OoT and TP, I'm pretty sure MM is intended as an OoT sequel. I mean, the usage of the OoT characters isn't just an easy way out; it's showing how Termina is a parallel world, the same but different. Plus, TP Link never taught Skull Kid any song for him to reference learning. He doesn't even have the Ocarina of Time. The Clock Town soldiers stop Link in MM on his way out if he's in human form, and only let him pass because he's armed. They think he's too young. There's no way they'd stop TP Link; he's probably not much younger than some of them. So I don't think we're going to have to move MM around in the timeline. There are some interesting possibilities there though.

*Hopes for another Termina game*

Though... I don't know if another Termina game would make MM less special. Nah, I'll take another game in Termina anyway.
Man, did my TP-MM post have that much of a timeline-changing impact? I've always been 100% sure that it is a sequel to OoT (and thanks for reminding me of the Ocarina of Time -- that's the absolute biggest factor as to why MM could not hypothetically follow TP). Anyways, moving on from this touchy subject.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Eh, I wasn't bothered by the similarities or comparisons or stuff. I just saw the possibility of things moving in a direction of "wait, perhaps it actually is..." or something, and wanted to stop that before it started. The similarities do get my hopes up for the Zelda Wii though. As I said in one of my first posts in this thread (as far as I remember), we need the next game to be for TP what MM was to OoT. Similar visually (though better, since it's a different system it's being designed for), but entirely different in plot and style and all of that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Wow, I never realized that. They both have that Roman Colosseum architecture going on. What I recently realized is that despite not having a conventional Water Temple in WW, The Tower of the Gods was a water temple. That was another great thing about WW, the irregularity of the dungeons (fire dungeon first!?)
Well technically, it was Forsaken Fortress first.

Maybe you could explain WW's geography to me?

The Deku tree appear to be south of Death mountain, while New Castle town/hylian mountain evacuation zone is due west. Southwest of New castle town is Tower of the gods, which appears to be where Gerudo desert used to be. But what's odd is that it also appears to be immediately above the temple of time/old Hyrule. In other words, I can't understand how the islands correlate to their counterparts in the not drowned Hyrule.

BTW, what happens if you sail off the map in WW?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well technically, it was Forsaken Fortress first.

Maybe you could explain WW's geography to me?

The Deku tree appear to be south of Death mountain, while New Castle town/hylian mountain evacuation zone is due west. Southwest of New castle town is Tower of the gods, which appears to be where Gerudo desert used to be. But what's odd is that it also appears to be immediately above the temple of time/old Hyrule. In other words, I can't understand how the islands correlate to their counterparts in the not drowned Hyrule.

BTW, what happens if you sail off the map in WW?
The Great Sea isn't identical to OoT's Hyrule layout, nor TP's. I actually think that the Tower of the Gods is supposed to be based directly over the Temple of Time, and perhaps its design carried on into the development of the Arbiter's Grounds. They didn't do a great job with lining up the Great Sea with Hyrule, so it's debatable.

And if you sail too far, the King of Red Lions says that you can't sail into the dangerous uncharted waters, or something of that like, and automatically turns back.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The Great Sea isn't identical to OoT's Hyrule layout, nor TP's. I actually think that the Tower of the Gods is supposed to be based directly over the Temple of Time, and perhaps its design carried on into the development of the Arbiter's Grounds. They didn't do a great job with lining up the Great Sea with Hyrule, so it's debatable.

And if you sail too far, the King of Red Lions says that you can't sail into the dangerous uncharted waters, or something of that like, and automatically turns back.
Cool, thanks!

I just looked up "triforce" on Zeldapedia. Did you know that the word "triforce" is never used in Twilight Princess? I'd imagine that could create huge plotholes for anyone who starts with TP.

Spire

III
BRoomer
EDIT: [Agh, I don't know what happened to this post]

EDIT 2: Just a quick question -- what is the most significant item in the entire series to you guys, and why? I'm curious to know.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here is a makeshift Zelda Smash Bros. (TP) roster that I made quite a while back. Just thought I'd share (sorry for doublepost, it was entirely accidental as my last post contained no information).

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's awesome. Though I think it would be much cooler to see Vaati in a Zelda-themed SSB spin-off rather than Queen Rutela.

That's really cool, actually. Glad you decided to post that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That's awesome. Though I think it would be much cooler to see Vaati in a Zelda-themed SSB spin-off rather than Queen Rutela.

That's really cool, actually. Glad you decided to post that.
So would I, as well as a number of other Zelda characters (Impa, Majora, Fierce Deity, etc, etc). However, this was made in response to Twilight Princess alone, using the high-res 3D renders I found for the sake of unity. Plus, no Zelda Smash Bros could be made without Tingle ;)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
EDIT: [Agh, I don't know what happened to this post]

EDIT 2: Just a quick question -- what is the most significant item in the entire series to you guys, and why? I'm curious to know.
For me personally, it would have to be one of the twilight princess artifacts. Either the twilit mirror or that weird embodiment of twilight magic Zant used on Link, or maybe even the fused shadows. Only because they're awesome, and Twilight Princess is by far my favorite game in the series.

Nice roster, by the way. Don't forget the mailman though!

Spire

III
BRoomer
For me personally, it would have to be one of the twilight princess artifacts. Either the twilit mirror or that weird embodiment of twilight magic Zant used on Link, or maybe even the fused shadows. Only because they're awesome, and Twilight Princess is by far my favorite game in the series.

Nice roster, by the way. Don't forget the mailman though!
I'm debating between either The Fused Shadow or Majora's Mask. I still see them as one in the same, being potential Hyrulean-Terminian counterparts.

I actually included the Postman in an extended version of the roster, but had to cut he, Purlo, and someone else (can't remember) for the sake of stability. I wanted to keep the roster strong and condensed, so I had to cut a number of characters.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Obviously, the most important to the series itself is the Master Sword. Though, it isn't my favorite.

My favorite item would have to be the Fierce Diety Mask. It's just too fun to throw it on in Majora's Mask and play as the guy. I think it would be really cool if Nintendo made a game about Fierce Diety. I'd buy it the moment it help store shelves.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ok, most significant item, assuming collectibility by Link in a game, has got to be either the Master Sword, or the Triforce of Courage or Wisdom, since both are collectible in WW and LoZ respectively. Not sure whether one part of the Triforce outweighs the Master Sword or not, but, as far as the overall story is concerned, the Hylian artifacts are more significant than the outside ones like Majora's Mask, etc. Not assuming collectibility, triforce, hands down, no question.

Concerning the roster, I see a glaring omission named Wolf Link. Also, Midna should transform, for princess continuity.

EDIT: THC beat me to it. That's what I get for not refreshing or posting for 15 minutes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ok, most significant item, assuming collectibility by Link in a game, has got to be either the Master Sword, or the Triforce of Courage or Wisdom, since both are collectible in WW and LoZ respectively. Not sure whether one part of the Triforce outweighs the Master Sword or not, but, as far as the overall story is concerned, the Hylian artifacts are more significant than the outside ones like Majora's Mask, etc. Not assuming collectibility, triforce, hands down, no question.

Concerning the roster, I see a glaring omission named Wolf Link. Also, Midna should transform, for princess continuity.

EDIT: THC beat me to it. That's what I get for not refreshing or posting for 15 minutes.
If you'll notice, Midna's Imp form appears [although faded] behind her. Plus, who's to say that Link doesn't transform? I wasn't going to include the two as separate characters, because they aren't.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ok, totally didn't notice Midna hiding behind herself. And I assumed Link would keep all his specials from normal Smash, since they're all pretty crucial for him. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any one for transform, and would put them as separate, though it makes less sense.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ok, totally didn't notice Midna hiding behind herself. And I assumed Link would keep all his specials from normal Smash, since they're all pretty crucial for him. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any one for transform, and would put them as separate, though it makes less sense.
Really? I would sacrifice his arrows in a second. But then again, that's why I don't main Link.

Come to think of it, there area lot of crucial multi-game items. Light Arrows, the Master Sword, the Triforce, the Hero's garb (arguable), the Dominion Rod (there's only one dominion rod, right?)

c3gill

Smash Ace
Really? I would sacrifice his arrows in a second. But then again, that's why I don't main Link.

Come to think of it, there area lot of crucial multi-game items. Light Arrows, the Master Sword, the Triforce, the Hero's garb (arguable), the Dominion Rod (there's only one dominion rod, right?)
I used to 2nd link, and Links arrows are teh pwn. never give them up. If Link is going to switch, it needs to be like ZSS- how epic of a Final Smash can you think of for wolf link?

I was unaware that the Dominion Rod is in multiple games..... im fairly certain its only in TP

how can you not mention the Hookshot, bottles, and best of all .... The Fire Rod (the Magic Rod falls in line with the Fire Rod.)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I used to 2nd link, and Links arrows are teh pwn. never give them up. If Link is going to switch, it needs to be like ZSS- how epic of a Final Smash can you think of for wolf link?

I was unaware that the Dominion Rod is in multiple games..... im fairly certain its only in TP

how can you not mention the Hookshot, bottles, and best of all .... The Fire Rod (the Magic Rod falls in line with the Fire Rod.)
I'm thinking of WW's command melody, aren't I?

Is there at least a dominion rod in OoT, or was the idea of controlling statues created in WW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom