• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I should've made it clear that I was directing attention toward this part:

UPDATE: It seems as though this is a false alarm; the ESRB rating was filed in 2001 and pertains to Nintendo’s official website for The Legend of Zelda, also called Zelda Universe (though we’d like to think we’re the better of the two). So there’s no game coming out with our name on it. Sorry, folks!

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Oh sorry. I've already been thinking that they will delay it for Cafe and I kind of lumped my assumptions with that article lol. What do you guys think it will be? A completely new title seems impossible unless they've been working on it alongside SS. Maybe it will be a remake. Either way, you can never have too much Zelda.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I really hope they don't delay it for Cafe. I can imagine them just announcing a totally new title. For some reason I am thinking something along the lines of a completely original 3DS Zelda game.

Maybe a tech demo for Cafe like they did with Gamecube in 2000.

Player-1

Smash Legend
So for some reason I has this predisposition from when I was a kid and played OoT that once you plant a magic bean in the soil you can't get the skulltula to come out with the bugs. Is that true or not?

Deiyn

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else excited about Link's Awakening being available for download in the 3DS? By far, it is the most nostalgic title i've played. I remember beating it one summer in middle school, back when Kids in the Hall was still being played around 11am-1pm on Comedy Central and Rush had begun to be my favorite rock band.

It is one of those games that actually made me feel sad when I beat it, it seemed that it should have gone on forever. The colors, the music, the styling! I am almost buying the 3DS solely so I can play this again, Ocarina just made it a sweeter deal.

EDIT: Yes, you can get skulltullas with magic beans but you must pour the bugs on the plot BEFORE you plant it. And I think it only happens in certain spots. ( iirc from CapriSun's 'Let's Play' videos.)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I've played that game so many times.

Words also can't describe how awesome the select glitch was for me as a kid.

So many areas to test it on . . . so many areas to get stuck . . . You could also get that power bracelet within the first five minutes of the game thanks to it.

Deiyn

Smash Rookie
I've played that game so many times.

Words also can't describe how awesome the select glitch was for me as a kid.

So many areas to test it on . . . so many areas to get stuck . . . You could also get that power bracelet within the first five minutes of the game thanks to it.
Not to mention the fact you can rampage through the forest and swamp with a freakin CHOMP-CHOMP!!!!!

But seriously, the boss fights were epic and Tal-Tal heights is a highly underrated theme in Zelda. I think the reason I love it so much is because it is NOT centered in classic Hyrule, I love Hyrule, but something else every now an then really keeps me a fan.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Is anyone else excited about Link's Awakening being available for download in the 3DS? By far, it is the most nostalgic title i've played. I remember beating it one summer in middle school, back when Kids in the Hall was still being played around 11am-1pm on Comedy Central and Rush had begun to be my favorite rock band.

It is one of those games that actually made me feel sad when I beat it, it seemed that it should have gone on forever. The colors, the music, the styling! I am almost buying the 3DS solely so I can play this again, Ocarina just made it a sweeter deal.

EDIT: Yes, you can get skulltullas with magic beans but you must pour the bugs on the plot BEFORE you plant it. And I think it only happens in certain spots. ( iirc from CapriSun's 'Let's Play' videos.)
so once you plant the beans then you can't get a skulltula from that plot anymore?

Deiyn

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's a one shot deal, bugs > beans > skulltulla. I would still recommend some internet research to make sure that the plots you go to actually have the gold spiders in them.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Is anyone else excited about Link's Awakening being available for download in the 3DS? By far, it is the most nostalgic title i've played.

I believe that was the very first LoZ game I've ever played in my life as well as probably the first LoZ game that I beat too.

That should be on my to-do list for games to play again. Now if only I actually owned the game to begin with. :facepalm:

Player-1

Smash Legend
nope, I'll just start over, OoT is my favorite game in the world <3.

My goal is to 100% all zelda games before the end of my summer break, I don't really want to ruin it using glitches, I'll just enjoy the game :). So far I've 100%ed MM and the first LoZ. I've beaten TP and now I'm just getting all the heart pieces, I've started LoZ: II. I had to rebuy wind waker because mine broke so I'm going to start on that soon. I also have to buy a lot of the games since I didn't have them or lost them before (pretty much all of the portables).

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
nope, I'll just start over, OoT is my favorite game in the world <3.

My goal is to 100% all zelda games before the end of my summer break, I don't really want to ruin it using glitches, I'll just enjoy the game :). So far I've 100%ed MM and the first LoZ. I've beaten TP and now I'm just getting all the heart pieces, I've started LoZ: II. I had to rebuy wind waker because mine broke so I'm going to start on that soon. I also have to buy a lot of the games since I didn't have them or lost them before (pretty much all of the portables).
You couldn't possibly enjoy every game if you rush through it in like 2 months lol.

There is a little chart going on on another forum I frequent with everyone just playing through all of the main Zelda games in a year. No reason to confine it to a really small timeframe. On that chart, people get special icons for things like 100% completion and item-less runs and such. And people who use emulators/save states are given a lame icon as well.

I suggested something like that in here some months ago but nobody was down :/. Most of y'all aren't even hardcore enough to do it :p

I'm going chronologically, and am on LttP. I technically didn't cheat for Zelda 2, but I did a New Game+ from my last playthrough. That means I start the game with the same stats I had at the end of the last play, so that is pretty much the equivalent of cheating because it makes the game pitifully easy.

I'm waiting for OoT3D to replay that one(and finally play Master Quest!). I already have a game of Wind Waker going (unfortunately, it is saved at the start of the Triforce Quest, so it is very possible WW will be the last game I play through because I hate that part so badly. That part is worse than even the worst parts of Twilight Princess.

I'm not gonna play the DS games, because they suck and I have a dozen other DS games to play.

and I probably won't play Minish Cap because I have no way to

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's 3 months actually =p, but most of the games I already beat or 100% already so I enjoy them enough, I haven't played a few of the games or haven't played them in a long while. Also, I don't have a job atm, so I'm doing absolutely nothing all summer so I can enjoy the games still =p. Yeah Zelda: II is pretty annoying, I hadn't played it at all until a few months ago and I got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do so quit for like a month came back to it and figured out what to do and got a lot farther than I was and then couldn't figure out how to ****ing save so I just turned my wii off hoping it would save then I found out that you had to die to save so if something like that ever happens I usually take a break from the game.

Wind Waker is a fun game to play, but 100%ing will be a ***** with all the trophies and stuff =/

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Especially since there's many a photo you can take at choice times.

Some are pretty obvious, but there's this one dude on dragon roost island that disappears at some point. I forgot who, but that annoyed the **** out of me after making every effort not to miss a shot, but the players guide didn't note this example with the rest of the missable shots because it's available for more than half the game.

Player-1

Smash Legend
is there a guide online (not a guide to the whole thing, just a guide for the missable shots)? I'm going to need that soon since I'm going to start wind waker soon. I tried to find one, but I read somewhere that you can get the trophies another way through some special event or something, but I never heard/saw it when I played the game before so that didn't sound right to me, so can someone confirm/debunk this?

Also, will I need the camera from the very beginning to 100% it or can I do it on my first run?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, of course there's guides for it online. Gamefaqs, always. But my guide was from Bradygames players guides.

Also - no, you ain't gonna get that camera right away, and they missable shots don't occur until some time after you acquire the camera.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i was looking online for a guide and found this:

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Permanently_Missable_Items

16 figurines in the Nintendo Gallery sidequest are permanently missable in this game. The Wind Waker does allow Link to continue in a second quest after beating it, where he starts out with nothing in their inventory except a Deluxe Picto Box (needed to take color pictographs for the figurines, as the regular Picto Box will not work for this sidequest), and all figurines from the previous quest carry over as well. Nevertheless, it is possible (despite popular belief) to collect all 134 figurines on the first go-around if Link is vigilant. The object is to take a color pictograph of a character and show it to Carlov at the Nintendo Gallery by Forest Haven. If he approves it, he'll make a figurine of that character to put in a room inside the gallery.

IDK how though, it sounds interesting to me, but I think I'll just have to beat it twice anyway to get the colored camera.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I already have a game of Wind Waker going (unfortunately, it is saved at the start of the Triforce Quest, so it is very possible WW will be the last game I play through because I hate that part so badly. That part is worse than even the worst parts of Twilight Princess.
It is pretty lame.

I managed to do that part in a day though in my recent replay. Basically just have to make sure you have the 5000 rupee wallet as soon as it's possible, and you'll find that a lot of the money you'll pick up adds up. When you do finally get to the triforce hunt, just get all the triforce charts first (you get more rupees this way), and then when you finally have to decipher them all, you'll be able to afford it straight up.

Then get those bloody shards >.>

And finally get to Ganon's tower.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
So lots of people are talking about the New Zelda game for the Wii-U.
How do you guys think it's gonna be like?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it could just be a tech demo like the spaceworld 2000 thing

honestly I hope it is, HD realism is nice but skyward sword already looks better than that, I really think nintendo should stick with the painting inspired approach, it gives you much more artistic freedom

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
We're getting this for the anniversary:
Link's Awakening today
OoT3D
Four Swords DSiware Free this year
Skyward Sword w/gold triforcr Wiimote

There will be concerts in Japan, Euro, and US of Zelda music. I plan on going. It's this fall.

Also, there's 2 music CDs. First is the OoT3D OST. The first registers on club nintendo get it free.

Second is the concert music CD which will come out when SS comes out this holiday season.

And more apparently.

Thoughts?

:phone:

etecoon

Smash Hero
definitely buying the concert CD, I might go too depending on how much it is/how much I'd have to travel

new SS trailer has me ridiculously hyped. I already liked what we'd seen so far but I'm now convinced this is the best art direction this series has ever had. stuff I've heard from people demoing it also sounds good, less rupees in chests and now there's a new weapons upgrade system that involves finding various items

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Man, so many news in a little amoun of time!!!

1) I know that the big part of the people here will be in disagre with me, but i am gonna say it anyway.

I definitly dont like the new "Painting inspired aproach" (Etecoon, i am quote you this part because i dont know another way to say, please dont think that i want discuse with you or something like that :)) is just too much simple, and i thing that is just an excuse for part of nintendo to hidde the limitations of the Wii.

just compare the TP Link and SS Link, both are the same, but the second have less details in his clothes,and the rest of the textures are plain (that acomodate good with this "painting inspired aproach")

Sorry, but this new style dont convince me.

I have to say, this style is good, i like the artworks and this new idea of representation for a Zelda game, but this time, is just an excuse for hidde thew limitations of the Wii.

And about the controles (Wiimote plus) i think this will do more easy the game, i say thsi for all the trailers that i have seen untilthe moment, The eye door, The wood Shield of the purple monster, and the bamboo test, these things let me thing this.

2) the new "Zelda wiiU" looks great, i know that is just a video/demo to demostrate the capavilities of this new console, but i really want see a Zelda with these style.

this "new" Zelda is a recycled version of the Twilight princess (Same Link, Smae ArmorGohma same torchs, same desing of the castle, etc) but it give me hope about have a new Zelda like that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
even if it is just to conceal the limitations of the wii...so? wind waker looks less dated than TP does, considering the consoles inability to look exactly lifelike isn't a bad thing. and limitations can drive art, do you know how different game music would be if early systems weren't restricted by using generated monophonic sounds?

we're probably too philosophically different to see eye to eye on this anyway, I don't see simplicity as being a bad thing. okami, a damn PS2 game, looks better than most PS3 games IMO, it's all in the artwork at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom