• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Lawl, fail at you not having Profile Visitor messages enabled. I wanted to ask you a question since you also live in Texas, but it would be too off topic here. Message me on my thread, the link is on my sig.

Alzi

Smash Master
Well Phantom Hourglass had a steam-boat so a train is the next big step. PS Where do you think this game takes place? The new land they were searching for to be the new Hyrule?
In the video you can see a castle thats white and blue on the cones on the top of it and it has some flags i'm guessing thats hyrule castle?

Anyway this game is awsome i bet they will have toon link riding planes next LOL.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw the trailer for the new Zelda game. I'm kinda dissapointed in it.

I was actually hoping a wii game would be announced, not a DS game.

Conductor Link looks ridiculous.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I really wouldn't have minded if they left him as left handed in Twilight Princess for the Wii. I would just be like "heh, look I'm right handed and Link's left handed" It wouldn't make it difficult to control at all.

Scott!

Smash Lord
They should have you hold the Wiimote in your left hand and have Link be left-handed. I'm right-handed, but I'd learn. It would be a good way to immerse yourself into the character. Or it would be really annoying. One or the other. But he has to be left-handed. That's just who he is. besides that the map is all wrong, canonically, and I would be completely disoriented after the other version, TP Wii having Link as right-handed is slightly offensive to my inner fanboy. It's always been the left. *Sigh*

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I TP for the GameCube, I am also left handed. Though perhaps the most practical solution would be to simply make Link ambidextrous and have a changeable option of using left or right as the main hand (it's as simple as mirrored object). Of course, I'd always have link as a lefty, but it's certain to generate the least amount of backlash.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I always wounder why they didn't just place everything on Link's left side on his right and vice versa instead of flipping the entire game. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just make Link a righty instead of flipping east and west?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I always wounder why they didn't just place everything on Link's left side on his right and vice versa instead of flipping the entire game. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to just make Link a righty instead of flipping east and west?
No. They rigged his model to his skeleton (used for animating) so that it would interact very specifically with the animations and objects of everything else in the game. If they flipped only him, everything would play abnormally, and animations between he, enemies, people, and objects alike, would not work smoothly (if at all).

The easiest solution - because they were running out of time - was to just mirror the whole game rather than reversing his animations.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
This game looks so silly compared to the others... but I can see it working if Nintendo pulls it off right. Guess they ran out of ideas for a new Zelda game, but then it is hard thinking of new ones.

How will this game work is my question, looks like train puzzles for the overworld, dungeon puzzles everywhere else.

UncleSam

Smash Master
This game looks so silly compared to the others... but I can see it working if Nintendo pulls it off right. Guess they ran out of ideas for a new Zelda game, but then it is hard thinking of new ones.

How will this game work is my question, looks like train puzzles for the overworld, dungeon puzzles everywhere else.
maybe they thought this series has too many boats... hey the train seems kind of interesting, and new equipment, the controls havent changed at all tho, we'll just have to wait and see

Skrah

Smash Ace
A clock dungeon?

I don't think that the train means everything's industrialized. Steam is obviously coming from the train, but so are sparks, and I don't think that they're caused by friction. Maybe thats all decoration, but so could the steam.

Darkslash

Smash Master
A clock dungeon?

I don't think that the train means everything's industrialized. Steam is obviously coming from the train, but so are sparks, and I don't think that they're caused by friction. Maybe thats all decoration, but so could the steam.
Well why not? Termina was pretty 19th Century-ish and we got a freaking train.

Spire

III
BRoomer

I could name countless "new ideas" for the series, regardless of how prominent they may be:

- Altered weather in familiar Hyrulean locations (snowy Kakariko/Death Mountain, torrential storming Lost Woods, drought in Hyrule Field, etc, etc). Actually, that's probably how Hyrule should have been during Adult Link's time during OoT.

- Seamless world with no "warp points"

- Hyrule based in ancient times (before even the Temple of Time)

- Hyrule based in future times (we all know what this could be like)

- A game where Hyrule has been destroyed, leaving floating landmasses that Link, with his paragliding and what not, must travel between (similar concept to WW, but much more condensed, yet larger, and much more vertical, rather than traveling across a flat plane). The different regions of Hyrule could be represented by their remnants as floating continental landmasses. Hmm.. I like this idea a lot.

- A game based in the Termina of Adult Link's timeline - the Termina which was never saved by Link, and hence, destroyed/distorted/whatever happens after the Moon consumes the land.

- A game from another protagonist's perspective.

- A new-genre Zelda game, either RTS or Fighter., yet still retaining a complete, canonical story.

- A multiple-path adventure (like Sonic Adventure 1 & 2), played by different characters representative of different factions. For instance, Link, Zelda, Ganon, a prominent Goron, a prominent Zora, and... Tingle? Each character would play through a different game, but in the same world, all telling their story and how they affect the one main story. All would be canonical.

I could keep going on for a really long time. Nintendo may be out of ideas, but I'm certainly not.

XACE-K

Smash Master
D@mn Spire, how many Zelda game ideas do you have in your head? Adult Link Termina sounds the best to me IMO.

As the clock dungeon idea, Temple of Time would basically be it but if it was anything like Tick Tock Clock in Super Mario 64, than I would love to have it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
D@mn Spire, how many Zelda game ideas do you have in your head? Adult Link Termina sounds the best to me IMO.

As the clock dungeon idea, Temple of Time would basically be it but if it was anything like Tick Tock Clock in Super Mario 64, than I would love to have it.
Hehe, some of those were remnants of ideas before, but most I just made up right then and there.

I have a strange feeling that the assisting Darknut-looking character in ST is the train. The Darknut is obviously magically controlled by Link, otherwise it would have a mind of its own. My guess is that early on in the game (seeing as how Link is controlling this thing with only three hearts max), perhaps at the beginning, Link obtains some kind of "conductor's stick" (but not conductor's baton, as in the Wind Waker), that he uses to control both the Darknut and the Train. He uses them to travel across Hyrule and to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. Perhaps that is his sidekick in this game, a shapeshifting suit of armor/train.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I could name countless "new ideas" for the series, regardless of how prominent they may be:

- Altered weather in familiar Hyrulean locations (snowy Kakariko/Death Mountain, torrential storming Lost Woods, drought in Hyrule Field, etc, etc). Actually, that's probably how Hyrule should have been during Adult Link's time during OoT.

- Seamless world with no "warp points"

- Hyrule based in ancient times (before even the Temple of Time)

- Hyrule based in future times (we all know what this could be like)

- A game where Hyrule has been destroyed, leaving floating landmasses that Link, with his paragliding and what not, must travel between (similar concept to WW, but much more condensed, yet larger, and much more vertical, rather than traveling across a flat plane). The different regions of Hyrule could be represented by their remnants as floating continental landmasses. Hmm.. I like this idea a lot.

- A game based in the Termina of Adult Link's timeline - the Termina which was never saved by Link, and hence, destroyed/distorted/whatever happens after the Moon consumes the land.

- A game from another protagonist's perspective.

- A new-genre Zelda game, either RTS or Fighter., yet still retaining a complete, canonical story.

- A multiple-path adventure (like Sonic Adventure 1 & 2), played by different characters representative of different factions. For instance, Link, Zelda, Ganon, a prominent Goron, a prominent Zora, and... Tingle? Each character would play through a different game, but in the same world, all telling their story and how they affect the one main story. All would be canonical.

I could keep going on for a really long time. Nintendo may be out of ideas, but I'm certainly not.
I don't think it's so much that they're running out of ideas as it is that they're running out of profitable ideas. While many of those ideas would be very cool, Spire, they'd also be hard to pull off correctly (Future Zelda would be REALLY lame unless pulled off just right).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Termina didn't have much technology that I know of. The clock was pretty impressive technology-wise but that's about it.
They had a telescope. End of story.
I don't think it's so much that they're running out of ideas as it is that they're running out of profitable ideas. While many of those ideas would be very cool, Spire, they'd also be hard to pull off correctly (Future Zelda would be REALLY lame unless pulled off just right).
Of course, but my list was merely to contradict MorphedChaos, who said that it would be difficult to come up with new ideas for the series. Oh, and nice signature ;)

Actually, I think I can easily combine some of my ideas into one game. I'll try and word it out:

This Legend of Zelda is based in Termina, but not the one saved by The Hero of Time in Majora's Mask. This story takes place a few hundred years after Link defeated Ganon in Ocarina of Time, but in the Termina in Adult Link's timeline - the one which Link never visited, and hence, was destroyed seven years prior to his confrontation with Ganon. Those that survived the impact found themselves to be the new residents of a floating Termina in an endless sky, with endless pieces of the country strewn across the horizon, floating with the clouds.

This adventure is told through the eyes of five individuals:
Link - a young man from the parallel world of Hyrule, who like his ancestor, was transported to Termina via a mysterious loophole, this one residing in the sky (how he got there, I don't know). He now finds himself in a clockwork world of floating landmasses and strange technology, yet full of denizens similar to his homeworld. He travels these lands with an early-acquired hanglider.

Deku - As the Deku's swamplands were destroyed, they quickly adapted to their new aerial environment, changing in form to fit the winds.

Goron - a member of the Goron tribe of the mountainous crags to the north. The Gorons don't travel as much due to dangers in flight via canons.

Rito - a member of the Rito tribe of the western islands. The Rito were once the Zora, but upon their land being destroyed, forcing them to live in the sky, a strange turn of evolution quickly transformed them into feathered counterparts.

Gerudo - a member of the female-only Gerudo tribe, relocating to the eastern isles, those which were once the harsh, Ikana Canyons. As a pirate, she traverses the scattered Termina scavenging for treasure.
The fighting system in this game has changed, where the adventuring still retains the classic Zelda feel, the combat is now a hybrid between the classic dueling in Zelda, and those of 8-way-run type fighter games (much more action though).

Skrah

Smash Ace
They had a telescope. End of story.
Telescopes existed since before the Dark Ages. And one mechanical tower and a telescope don't mean Termina as a whole is technologically advanced. They just got some cool inventions. Then again the doctor could have built the telescope himself and the creator of the Clock Town's tower wasn't mentioned.

Actually, I think I can easily combine some of my ideas into one game. I'll try and word it out:

This Legend of Zelda is based in Termina, but not the one saved by The Hero of Time in Majora's Mask. This story takes place a few hundred years after Link defeated Ganon in Ocarina of Time, but in the Termina in Adult Link's timeline - the one which Link never visited, and hence, was destroyed seven years prior to his confrontation with Ganon.
Sounds pretty good.

Those that survived the impact found themselves to be the new residents of a floating Termina in an endless sky, with endless pieces of the country strewn across the horizon, floating with the clouds.
Wait what? Floating islands? How would these float around. City in the Skies had propellers, but I doubt these islands will, too.

This adventure is told through the eyes of five individuals:
Link - a young man from the parallel world of Hyrule, who like his ancestor, was transported to Termina via a mysterious loophole, this one residing in the sky (how he got there, I don't know). He now finds himself in a clockwork world of floating landmasses and strange technology, yet full of denizens similar to his homeworld. He travels these lands with an early-acquired hanglider.

Deku - As the Deku's swamplands were destroyed, they quickly adapted to their new aerial environment, changing in form to fit the winds.

Goron - a member of the Goron tribe of the mountainous crags to the north. The Gorons don't travel as much due to dangers in flight via canons.

Rito - a member of the Rito tribe of the western islands. The Rito were once the Zora, but upon their land being destroyed, forcing them to live in the sky, a strange turn of evolution quickly transformed them into feathered counterparts.

Gerudo - a member of the female-only Gerudo tribe, relocating to the eastern isles, those which were once the harsh, Ikana Canyons. As a pirate, she traverses the scattered Termina scavenging for treasure.
Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how that would be implemented. Would it be a full run, choosing one character for an entire file, or would you switch characters as the story progresses? Also, glider? :ohwell:

The fighting system in this game has changed, where the adventuring still retains the classic Zelda feel, the combat is now a hybrid between the classic dueling in Zelda, and those of 8-way-run type fighter games (much more action though).
I've wanted a better fighting system for Zelda for ages. What I would like is that when you Z target an enemy, the items you have are used in a different manner, as to implement them into fighting. Let's say bombs. Instead of just holding them over your head and calculate the throw, maybe a small cutscene were Link shoves it down the monster's mouth, or maybe a more aggresive and precise throw at the enemy you're C Targeting. Something along those lines.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Telescopes existed since before the Dark Ages. And one mechanical tower and a telescope don't mean Termina as a whole is technologically advanced. They just got some cool inventions. Then again the doctor could have built the telescope himself and the creator of the Clock Town's tower wasn't mentioned.
But in comparison to Hyrule, Termina is far more technologically advanced. Look at what Termina had at the time of Ocarina of Time.
Wait what? Floating islands? How would these float around. City in the Skies had propellers, but I doubt these islands will, too.
Who knows? There are many unexplained things in Zelda. Perhaps after collision, the a new Moon was formed from the debris and currently serves as the core of this world; Termina is now trying to piece itself back together.

Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how that would be implemented. Would it be a full run, choosing one character for an entire file, or would you switch characters as the story progresses? Also, glider? :ohwell:
Each character would be played differently and follow their own story, yet ultimately, all of their stories become entwined, leading to the same outcome. For instance, Link may duel the Gerudo character at some point during the story, while the Deku character may merely be a bystander to the duel from afar. So in Link's game, you would actually battle the Gerudo, and vice versa, while in the Deku game, you would be on a quest to this location and stumble upon these characters fighting. Get it? Oh, and only Link would use the glider. The technology of this world is clockwork, and so a strange type of glider has been invented. Rather than a horse (who wouldn't work in this world), or a boat, or a train, Link gets a glider to traverse the scattered, floating islands.

I've wanted a better fighting system for Zelda for ages. What I would like is that when you Z target an enemy, the items you have are used in a different manner, as to implement them into fighting. Let's say bombs. Instead of just holding them over your head and calculate the throw, maybe a small cutscene were Link shoves it down the monster's mouth, or maybe a more aggresive and precise throw at the enemy you're C Targeting. Something along those lines.
That would be awesome. I've debated before over the importance of all of Link's equipment. I would like to be able to use the bow or hammer (Megaton, Skull, Ball & Chain, etc.) with equal proficiency as the Master Sword.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Floating Islands, why not, not video game logic doesn't always have to make sense, In Super Mario, Islands and blocks float for no discernible reason whatsoever.

A more appropriate example to justify Floating islands, in the Warcraft 3 the Frozen thrown, Outlands consisted of floating chunks of land mass from Dreanor, Blizzard justified this by saying that because the the planet was destroyed by magical means (Ner'Zhul opening a crap load of portals) they could just throw the middle finger at physics and have floating land.

The actual twilight realm in TP consisted of floating islands too, (presumably following the same logic as Outlands)

Skrah

Smash Ace
Ok I get it. About Termina I was just replying to Darkslash that one or two technological-looking objects don't set an entire industrial revolution.

Different characters would be pretty interesting. It would be like the masks in MM but in completely different runs right?

And yeah, items need to have another function besides their use in puzzle solving. The hookshot could be used to grapple onto an enemy, pull him close while thrusting with the Master Sword, thus impaling him. I think that the bow is pretty well implemented combat wise already, since its a long distance weapon and its pretty effective the way it is.

So the floating islands would float by some gravitational distortion or something along the lines then. But then the atmosphere would be a problem, but yeah, logic doesn't apply to video games lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Good, we're all on the same page now :)

So Raccoon, have we a foundation for a potential fan-game now?

smashbot226

Smash Master
I was okay with Phantom Hourglass.

Screw this garbage. WHAT IS THIS GAME'S DEVELOPER, FUNIMATION?

GREAT. Next thing you know, the first boss must be beaten by answering a series of EXTREMELY EASY QUESTIONS.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I don't get it why people get so pissed off cause of a train. I mean, I didn't like it, but I'm still trying it out. Not everything has to be dark and gloomy, and have aliens in it.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Good, we're all on the same page now :)

So Raccoon, have we a foundation for a potential fan-game now?
Yeah, definitely, love the Idea of showing the story through multiple perspectives! The means by which the Gorons "fly" from island to island made me lol, (and want to go play Super Mario 64).

What do you have in mind for each characters contribution to the group?

That's not the point. I'm fine with a happy-go-lucky Zelda game.

But this seems so limiting compared to the ship gameplay.
You might be right, but It's probably better hold off on any judgements until it is closer to completion...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

There are actually quite a few clock-based dungeons. Okami has a very Zelda-like ice clock dungeon near the end of the game, but Tick Tock clock style would be awesome too.

Just a typical mechanical dungeon with lots of timing and contraption based puzzles.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't get it why people get so pissed off cause of a train. I mean, I didn't like it, but I'm still trying it out. Not everything has to be dark and gloomy, and have aliens in it.
Trains are so awsome. xD

People need to play the game first to actually understand why theres a train involved then they will get with the story line and the game will be all good.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Clock Dungeon=New Water Temple?

Use the gears to open of doors, change levels, rooms and activate hidden stairs. BUT the gears must move in the right direction. That would be totally mind bending.

Scott!

Smash Lord
A clock dungeon would own. Time-based clues for how to adjust the clocks to go to different areas, the obvious gear-based platforming à la Tick Tock Clock, etc., and so much awesomeness.

Also, all the talk of floating worlds makes me think of one of my favorite video game worlds I've seen in the current generation: Sky Town in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. So awesome, so beautiful, and the rails and cannons for traveling between the floating islands were totally fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom