• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrah

Smash Ace
They hate the overwhelming presence of Sony, but when the DS came out it totally stole the Game Show.

But it would make sense for Nintendo to announce the new Zelda game in the gaming show with most attendance.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Imagine daydreaming you own ideas for what the next Zelda game should feature.

Now imagine Zelda team takes your ideas and makes it into a game, but instead of the wii title you were hoping for, they announce a cell-shaded DS title.

That's how I feel right now - Completely unsurprised because I expected it, slightly annoyed, but anticipating somewhat eagerly finally having the opportunity to visit the world I imagined the game should be. Saturday Morning Cartoon edition.

Can't wait to play it :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
They hate the overwhelming presence of Sony, but when the DS came out it totally stole the Game Show.

But it would make sense for Nintendo to announce the new Zelda game in the gaming show with most attendance.
The thing is that E3 is going back to its glorious days of rabid Fanboys and Booth babes!
So fret not Skrah, as Nintendo should unveil Zelda Wii there...to avoid mushrooms being thrown at them.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I was expecting to hear from Nintendo about Zelda Wii at E3, considering its attempts at reviving itself to its old glory, but with this announcement, I don't know. Would they really announce two Zelda games so close to each other? It's possible, I guess, but I'm skeptical. Though if this one is coming out soon, and Zelda Wii is still a while away, it's possible. We can only hope and be thrilled/disappointed.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I was expecting to hear from Nintendo about Zelda Wii at E3, considering its attempts at reviving itself to its old glory, but with this announcement, I don't know. Would they really announce two Zelda games so close to each other? It's possible, I guess, but I'm skeptical. Though if this one is coming out soon, and Zelda Wii is still a while away, it's possible. We can only hope and be thrilled/disappointed.
We could hope for nothing, and be pleasently surprised when we get more than nothing.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
That's because Zelda is the shiz
I've no doubt that Zelda is the shiz. Ultimately, I have no problem that's popular.

But surely, I'm not the only one who finds very irritating that this game was only announced yesterday and the Nintendo hardcore fandom won't stop talking about it. But other Nintendo hardcore games are announced much MUCH earlier, and the Nintendo hardcore rarely if ever talks about those. And then the hardcore whines about Ninty not catering to them.

How much longer must this circular stupidity, like two snakes trying consume each other, will this last before we wake up?

And why are people excited for E3, it sucks now. It's nothing about stockholders there now. And in this recession. D:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I've no doubt that Zelda is the shiz. Ultimately, I have no problem that's popular.

But surely, I'm not the only one who finds very irritating that this game was only announced yesterday and the Nintendo hardcore fandom won't stop talking about it. But other Nintendo hardcore games are announced much MUCH earlier, and the Nintendo hardcore rarely if ever talks about those. And then the hardcore whines about Ninty not catering to them.

How much longer must this circular stupidity, like two snakes trying consume each other, will this last before we wake up?

And why are people excited for E3, it sucks now. It's nothing about stockholders there now. And in this recession. D:

Such as?

And please don't say The Conduit...shooter=/hardcore.

Also, it is official that E3 will be changing from it's 07 and 08 format. It will revert back to the old E3, the flashy, exciting, booth babe filled E3. So hopefully, we'll get some more this year than what we've gotten in the last two years.

Coooooooooooooome on F-Zero and Star Fox.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You know they'll have to reveal those. Or else fanboys will cause a riot.
I am anticipating these titles, but to many, Zelda Wii = F-Zero + Star Fox + potential other 1st party title.

Honestly, between those, I'd rather see F-Zero and Star Fox at E3, rather than just Zelda Wii. We all know that Zelda is in development, but no one knows anything about F-Zero or Star Fox, so that would be epic.

Behind Zelda, F-Zero is my favorite franchise, and if Star Fox could get its **** together, it'd easily escalate to 3rd place.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Such as?

And please don't say The Conduit...shooter=/hardcore.
Punch Out Wii
Excitebots
Samurai Showdown
And yes, the Conduit. But not because it's a shooter.

What, you think I'm one of those guys who believe blood and guns=real game? How dare you.

Such as?

Also, it is official that E3 will be changing from it's 07 and 08 format. It will revert back to the old E3, the flashy, exciting, booth babe filled E3. So hopefully, we'll get some more this year than what we've gotten in the last two years.
Flashy =Yeah

Booth Babes = NO

I like my women to have this thing called intellgence

You know they'll have to reveal those. Or else fanboys will cause a riot.
For three seconds. Then go back oogling Zelda :laugh:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm usually really opposed to GreenKirby when it comes to opinions on how praised the big franchises should be, but this time I agree 100%.

Come on guys, this thing was JUST announced. I already see people going crazy over it.

I am a Zelda fan myself, and I don't discourage hope, as I know that my approach is bound to be skeptical. But I don't really see anything intensely promising about it, and the more everyone hypes it up the more I'm going to be determined to never touch it, so...please, don't overhype it.

I personally think that the big concept they introduced for the game is rather stupid; if everyone else thinks it's great then that's fine, but it's not...really revolutionary.

So from what I can tell, it's getting a ton of attention just due to having "Zelda" attached to it. I mean, I was telling my friend today how I thought it looked pretty stupid thus far and I got an angry (not SERIOUSLY angry) response of "Why do you always auto-hate?"

It already has a dedicated fanbase and it was just announced.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
If you don't like the hype then don't participate in it. Hype builds up anticipation. :)

Besides, whether or not you buy the game does not affect whether or not I will buy it and how much I will enjoy it. :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm usually really opposed to GreenKirby when it comes to opinions on how praised the big franchises should be, but this time I agree 100%.

Come on guys, this thing was JUST announced. I already see people going crazy over it.

I am a Zelda fan myself, and I don't discourage hope, as I know that my approach is bound to be skeptical. But I don't really see anything intensely promising about it, and the more everyone hypes it up the more I'm going to be determined to never touch it, so...please, don't overhype it.

I personally think that the big concept they introduced for the game is rather stupid; if everyone else thinks it's great then that's fine, but it's not...really revolutionary.

So from what I can tell, it's getting a ton of attention just due to having "Zelda" attached to it. I mean, I was telling my friend today how I thought it looked pretty stupid thus far and I got an angry (not SERIOUSLY angry) response of "Why do you always auto-hate?"

The only reason I'm excited about it is because I feel that it'll be a third title to the original LoZ/AoL arc. I respect the developers' [possible] decision to revisit that Zelda.

There are no redeeming factors in PH though, and seeing as how ST is going to be about 80% of PH, it's bound to get a less-than-average rating from yours truly.

This was announced yesterday, so obviously it's going to get hype (keep in mind, it has gotten negative hype just as well as positive), but it's already dying down. Soon, we'll all stop talking about it until more info is released.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

Dear God, YOU agree with me?

But you're right. I don't want this game to fail nor the Zelda series to die. But expectations is way too high when all we saw is a train. lol

And you know this game is gonna take a hit due to the Tough Act to Follow routine

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Trains are steam-based inventions. Things like The City in the Sky are ancient relics powered by magic.

Come on, it's just a train. If it were magical, it wouldn't need tracks.
That's because it's the tracks that are magical. That's why they're called Spirit Tracks.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Behind Zelda, F-Zero is my favorite franchise, and if Star Fox could get its **** together, it'd easily escalate to 3rd place.
If Star Fox get's its stuff together(99.9% possible because EA&D is supposedly working on it), there better be a Link based boss that fires Missile Arrows and has a Beam sword.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I will play this game at Vorguen's funeral. It will be very moving. Of course, after the ceremony, we will all have a group playing of PYSitF.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dear God, YOU agree with me?
Haha, I know, right?

If you don't like the hype then don't participate in it. Hype builds up anticipation. :)

Besides, whether or not you buy the game does not affect whether or not I will buy it and how much I will enjoy it. :)
Believe it or not, hype affects me whether or not I participate in it. For example; my friends did nothing but play and talk about CoD5 for about two weeks. I hated it for the second.
One of my friends did nothing but play Team Fortress 2 for an entire week. After the first day I hated it.
My friends all treated Halo as something from heaven for quite a while. I had a fanboyish hate of Halo for quite some time thanks to this.

If I continuously hear hype for this game and how awesome it's going to be, soon enough I'm going to hate it.

And no, whether or not I decide to like the game doesn't affect you, but there's a little thing called consideration...I know the presence of it is fairly small in the present day but it'd be nice if you could not be stubborn and say "Lol you don't affect me."

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
eh... this game doesn't look that exciting. It actually looks like a concept that should be it's own game, but got the name Zelda slapped on to it.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'm tired of seeing new zelda games with that dumb wind waker link look and even worse in the preview it's all pixely

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's probably because it's out on DS and the graphics aren't great on DS.

Personally, I'd like to see another game with ALttP style graphics. Of course, now that we can make full-3D Zelda games on handhelds and consoles alike I doubt we will, but...meh.

I'm not just talking the viewpoint either, I like that style of sprites.
Come to think of it, I like a lot of SNES-style sprites...

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

Personally, I'd like to see another game with ALttP style graphics. Of course, now that we can make full-3D Zelda games on handhelds and consoles alike I doubt we will, but...meh.

A new overhead-style Zelda game would be great. While they're at it, they should make a new Donkey Kong sidescroller.

But I'm sure this is all just wishful thinking.

Then again they made a new Megaman game for Wiiware so perhaps anything is possible...

Spire

III
BRoomer

A new overhead-style Zelda game would be great. While they're at it, they should make a new Donkey Kong sidescroller.

But I'm sure this is all just wishful thinking.

Then again they made a new Megaman game for Wiiware so perhaps anything is possible...
I've said this before, and I cannot stress how amazing this would be, but we need a new game made in the N64 style as a third part to The Hero of Time's life for WiiWare. I would buy a copy and gift multiple copies to friends. They could easily develop it alongside Zelda Wii, following in Megaman 9's footsteps of going retro (although it's not completely retro, as it's falling back only two generations). It could potentially chronicle The Hero of Time's life as an adult having normally aged years after his Terminian adventure. That would complete the arc: OoT, the dual-aged game; MM, the child game; WiiWare Zelda, the adult game.

If they're going to go the route of producing choppy 3D cel-shaded Zelda games, why not do what they all really want to do and make a game that can actually be compared to OoT?

For the record, here's a new timeline I devised:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Alright. Alttp goes after WW/PH, TP happens before WW but not necessarily in the same timeline, I don't know what going on with OoA/OoS and LW/Alttp but just put it after, put ST after PH but before Alttp because I'm assuming its the same arc, and just put FS and FSA in the same timeline that has Vaati something.

EDIT : I realize that this completely empties what happens after MM, but hey.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Punch Out Wii
Excitebots
Samurai Showdown
And yes, the Conduit. But not because it's a shooter.

What, you think I'm one of those guys who believe blood and guns=real game? How dare you.

Flashy =Yeah

Booth Babes = NO

I like my women to have this thing called intellgence

For three seconds. Then go back oogling Zelda :laugh:
Okay, from reading this post, I know for sure that you are intelligent LOL

I don't really care about booth babes either (remember the Brawl booth babes? OH GOD KILL ME NOW), but it's just one of those things everyone affiliates the old, flashy E3 with.

As for those games you listed...I kinda of agree with Punch Out Wii. I mean, if it's going to be more than $49.99, I don't know if I'm willing to spent my money on it. It looks more like a WiiWare game from what I've seen TBH.

I don't really consider those two other games hardcore, but if they are in your opinion, then that's fine. Have fun with them lol.

The Conduit...I'll admit that it looks good, but it seems like everyone who's looking forward to it is just excited because OMFG GOOD LOOKIN FPS ON TEH WII OMFGGGGGGG. I'm probably going to buy it, but I'd not that excited about it.

Now. If they announce a new F-Zero or Star Fox, I'd cream myself.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
What thats awesome, would've prefered it to come out early though.
I still don't understand why them made it like a toon linkish rather then just noraml linkish (if that makes any sense). Will this game be coming out on wii and DS or just one of them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why do you think the timeline splits into two different lines?

Does this mean there are two alternate universes? Or do certain events happen outside of Hyrule or what?
Yes, it's been officially stated by Aonuma and Miyamoto that after OoT, the timeline splits into two because of the Hyrule that Link left after Ganon's defeat, and the Hyrule that he was sent back to as a child.

We've covered this a billion times, Vorguen, what gives?
Alright. Alttp goes after WW/PH, TP happens before WW but not necessarily in the same timeline, I don't know what going on with OoA/OoS and LW/Alttp but just put it after, put ST after PH but before Alttp because I'm assuming its the same arc, and just put FS and FSA in the same timeline that has Vaati something.

EDIT : I realize that this completely empties what happens after MM, but hey.
Refer to what I wrote above, but TP and WW are parallel games -- officially stated. They happen at the same time, but in parallel timelines.

Link's Awakening is a sequel to ALttP, but it is revealed at the end of both Oracle games that Link sets sail on a boat that looks identical to that seen in the introduction to LA, so it is highly assumed that LA follows one of the Oracle games as Link is sailing to the land featured in the other. Because OoS is featured first in advertising and practically all instances where the two are seen together, I placed it first chronologically.

Spirit Tracks is based in a Hyrule with established railroads, a Hyrule Castle, and who knows what other establishments. How could it possibly follow Phantom Hourglass? Why would Tetra want to take up the mantle of Zelda once again when she hated that attire and role, preferring that of a pirate?

And Vaati is debatable, with the only logical placing of The Minish Cap being before OoT (despite my disliking of the idea). However, Ganon gets his trident in FSA, so it has to come before ALttP (plus, FS is featured bundled with the remake of ALttP on the GBA, so that automatically relates the two).

kr3wman

Smash Master
Refer to what I wrote above, but TP and WW are parallel games -- officially stated. They happen at the same time, but in parallel timelines. Link?

Link's Awakening is a sequel to ALttP, but it is revealed at the end of both Oracle games that Link sets sail on a boat that looks identical to that seen in the introduction to LA, so it is highly assumed that LA follows one of the Oracle games as Link is sailing to the land featured in the other. Because OoS is featured first in advertising and practically all instances where the two are seen together, I placed it first chronologically. But doesn't one oracle directly go after the next? I'm not arguing whether they go together or not, just that. And WW is still with Alttp

Spirit Tracks is based in a Hyrule with established railroads, a Hyrule Castle, and who knows what other establishments. How could it possibly follow Phantom Hourglass? Why would Tetra want to take up the mantle of Zelda once again when she hated that attire and role, preferring that of a pirate? Could be after MM for all I know.

And Vaati is debatable, with the only logical placing of The Minish Cap being before OoT (despite my disliking of the idea). However, Ganon gets his trident in FSA, so it has to come before ALttP (plus, FS is featured bundled with the remake of ALttP on the GBA, so that automatically relates the two). That's not a valid reason considering how FS had so much canon and storyline.
Basically.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The Oracles games do directly follow each other. All that's needed to fit in LA between them is for Link to travel from one world to the other via boat, which he does, and for him to hit a storm and be shipwrecked. In the process, he has his dream that is LA.

Spirit Tracks can't come after MM if TP follows it. Where do the trains go? Spirit Tracks could be placed at the end of either timeline, but we know they progressed to steam-powered boats in the WW timeline, due to the steamboat in PH. We haven't seen comparable technology yet in the TP timeline. It's also a bit of wishful thinking that it follows AoL, since that would be awesome. But really, it is the most logical place for it with our very limited info.

I'll let someone else cover the rest, since I don't know that much about FS/FSA, having never played either.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The Oracles games do directly follow each other. All that's needed to fit in LA between them is for Link to travel from one world to the other via boat, which he does, and for him to hit a storm and be shipwrecked. In the process, he has his dream that is LA.

Spirit Tracks can't come after MM if TP follows it. Where do the trains go? Spirit Tracks could be placed at the end of either timeline, but we know they progressed to steam-powered boats in the WW timeline, due to the steamboat in PH. We haven't seen comparable technology yet in the TP timeline. It's also a bit of wishful thinking that it follows AoL, since that would be awesome. But really, it is the most logical place for it with our very limited info.

I'll let someone else cover the rest, since I don't know that much about FS/FSA, having never played either.
You're forgetting the Goron mines.

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
I've always been a fan of Zelda but I think they have run out of ideas. A train conductor? Really? What is he like, 12 years old? It was better when he was on the boat. I'm still eager to see how this comes out. God I hope Ganon is in it.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I've always been a fan of Zelda but I think they have run out of ideas. A train conductor? Really? What is he like, 12 years old? It was better when he was on the boat. I'm still eager to see how this comes out. God I hope Ganon is in it.
He was only 10 throughout most of OoT and all of Majora's Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom