• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Seeing as how Iwata has designed Spirit Tracks as a game for, "long time, loyal fans to the company and to the Zelda franchise," I'm about 95% positive that this game's Link is that from LoZ/AoL, given what we know of Hyrule from the trailer, and the fact that they are the furthest down the line in the series (yielding this type of technology).

Skrah

Smash Ace
Lol. I have a mexican keyboard Spire. Anyways I´ll look for it. Is it '?

I can't imagine Link as the subway driver lol. And I really really hope Zelda Wii doesn't go Wand of Gamelon on me.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Lol. I have a mexican keyboard Spire. Anyways I´ll look for it. Is it '?

I can't imagine Link as the subway driver lol. And I really really hope Zelda Wii doesn't go Wand of Gamelon on me.
I really hope it does go Wand of Gamelon on you.

And durr, "Location: Mexico". I fail.

Smw66466

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Smashboards!

Castles were built mostly around the Middle Ages. It wasn't until the invention of gunpowder and cannons in the Renaissance that castles weren't built as much as before, and were then used more as a residential place than a military place.

Some 300 years later in the Industrial Revolution, trains were invented. Zelda games have actually come pretty close with the last game, Phantom Hourglass, with the steam powered ship you use for transportation. That was invented about 50 years before the train. So I guess after that trains shouldn't be TOO much of a stretch.

Also, with all the magic and fantasy elements in Zelda games it's hard to judge just how technologically advanced they are.

So in short, yes, this is the most advanced (realistic) technology we've seen in a Zelda game, lol.

I would not be opposed to a futuristic/modern Zelda, as long as it still feels like a Zelda game.
:) Not exactly welcome. Lol. I switched from hectichobo to a this new account because I was banned from the Pool Room and I like this name better. Well, thanks for clarifying when trains were made and stuff. Haven't really gotten into much of that in School yet.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
:) Not exactly welcome. Lol. I switched from hectichobo to a this new account because I was banned from the Pool Room and I like this name better. Well, thanks for clarifying when trains were made and stuff. Haven't really gotten into much of that in School yet.
LOL

I just felt like rambling about nothing in particular

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hm, I like the idea of this being in the LoZ/AoL timeline. The Hyrule in AoL especially is interesting, and I'd like to see more of it, since it was very limited back then.

Also, I can't believe I missed the puns! Of course, the majoraty of mine are awkward, forced, and obvious, but I try anyway.

And Vorguen, when will we get some news on PYSitF? I know I'm pretty excited about it. All the rumors about it have made it sound like the game to end all games.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Steampunk isn't just (or even really) "the future with swords".
It is a genre of fiction and art set in an alternate reality where steam powered technology is still used and further developed to create modern inventions.
It could be applied to lots of things.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hm, I like the idea of this being in the LoZ/AoL timeline. The Hyrule in AoL especially is interesting, and I'd like to see more of it, since it was very limited back then.

Also, I can't believe I missed the puns! Of course, the majoraty of mine are awkward, forced, and obvious, but I try anyway.

And Vorguen, when will we get some news on PYSitF? I know I'm pretty excited about it. All the rumors about it have made it sound like the game to end all games.
This game will not only end but consume the entire entertainment market.

I heard that when you finally DO put the fountain in the sword, the light caused by it puts to shame the Hiroshima bomb. Is that true?!?!
Silly, Put the fountain in the sword is the sequel to Put your sword in the fountain.

:laugh:

Skrah

Smash Ace
Wow... that was fail lmao!

I meant Put the sword in the fountain hahah,

Now that I thought about it, I demand that ST has Grand Funk Railroad songs in its soundtrack. Nothing more epic than Link cruising on his train with "I'm your Captain" in the background.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This game will not only end but consume the entire entertainment market.

Silly, Put the fountain in the sword is the sequel to Put your sword in the fountain.

:laugh:
So after "Put Your Sword in the Fountain" consumes the entire entertainment market, "Put Your Fountain in the Sword" will spark a micro-big-bang, growing a universe inside of our own?
Windwaker didn't have "Row row row your boat".

!
Strange, I was JUST thinking about that song.

Scott!

Smash Lord
The Put Your Sword in the Fountain saga should reference the older Zelda games; every great work should honor its inspirations, and would there even be a fountain in which you could put your sword if not for the older games like OoT, etc.?

Also, an idea for a spin-off:
LoZ: PYSitF5: Tingle's Rupee Fountain Fun Times Happy Adventure!

This is why it's better for me to not talk...

Alzi

Smash Master
Could that have anything to do with the announcing of a new Zelda game maybe? :laugh:
Yes.

Toon link is my favourite thing ever in gaming. I don't care if they made him ride aeroplanes i'd buy any game that has toon link in it. :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yes.

Toon link is my favourite thing ever in gaming. I don't care if they made him ride aeroplanes i'd buy any game that has toon link in it. :)
I HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER****ING LINKS ON THE MOTHER****ING PLANE!

I can see that happen. But instead of Samuel L Jackson its ironically going to be David Hater.

Ohh yea, did any one notice that Link sword is longer? In PH it was short, but in the recent trailer it looks like Rapier like weapon.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Figures, a new Zelda game is announced, and the already exploded Zelda threads get more exploded. But when other hardcore games get announced, their topics barely make it to page 2 sometimes. lol *sigh*

Oh well

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Ohh yea, did any one notice that Link sword is longer? In PH it was short, but in the recent trailer it looks like Rapier like weapon.
No I didn't notice that. I didn't really expect the Phantom Sword to make a comeback anyway, since it was only needed to defeat Bellum, lol.

Anyone else notice that the last three Zelda titles all began with adjectives like Twilight, Phantom, and Spirit? That seems really cliche to me. I liked it better when it was something like Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past, or even made up names like Majora's Mask or Minish Cap. Things that sound ominous and make you wonder what they could possibly mean (moreso than Spirit)

But that's just me.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER****ING LINKS ON THE MOTHER****ING PLANE!

I can see that happen. But instead of Samuel L Jackson its ironically going to be David Hater.

I made that joke already, you're a few pages late. :)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No I didn't notice that. I didn't really expect the Phantom Sword to make a comeback anyway, since it was only needed to defeat Bellum, lol.

Anyone else notice that the last three Zelda titles all began with adjectives like Twilight, Phantom, and Spirit? That seems really cliche to me. I liked it better when it was something like Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past, or even made up names like Majora's Mask or Minish Cap. Things that sound ominous and make you wonder what they could possibly mean (moreso than Spirit)

But that's just me.
Majora's Mask and Minish Cap...

I don't see them as very good names, actually. The words majora and minish may make you ask what a "minish" is, but not knowing what the words in the title mean can't really help sales.

Then again, I thought "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" was the worst name ever because the literal meanings of the words imply princess-based adventuring with beautiful, sunset-based gameplay.

This game actually has a pretty bad name itself - spirit tracks sounds too much like a soul tracks based music game.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
About the timeline... why is the Phantom Hourglass timeline in B? Nintendo has stated that the Twilight Princess timeline is the Alternate Universe...

Hyping Spirit Tracks. WHAT'S TAKING IT SO LONG TO COME OUT?! loljkjk

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
About the timeline... why is the Phantom Hourglass timeline in B? Nintendo has stated that the Twilight Princess timeline is the Alternate Universe...
By "alternate" they meant the child timeline. I'm assuming they chose the word alternate because it doesn't happen after all that adult stuff you did in OoT, it's as if it didn't even happen.

Phantom Hourglass is in B, the adult timeline, because it's a sequel to Wind Waker. Wind Waker's placed in the adult timeline because of a few reasons. Only one I can think of now though is that in the opening cutscene it says that Ganondorf broke out of the Sacred Realm, and Link didn't come to stop him. That was because Adult Link from OoT wasn't there anymore after Zelda sent him back in time. (Some other reasons as well, still can't think of em though lol)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Here are our [possible] arcs:

- OoT/MM
- WW/PH
- MM--TP
- ALttP/OoS/LA/OoA
- LoZ/AoL/ST
- FS/FSA
- TMC

Let's make sense of that.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The new game must take place in a Zelda world where trains were invented at some time.

So, trains - ancient relics powered by magic like the temples, or recent invention in the Hyrulian civilization based on physics?

It was really odd when the news came out for me. It was like the Zelda team took exactly what I thought would be a good idea for a Zelda game and made it. I actually feel kinda obligated to buy it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The new game must take place in a Zelda world where trains were invented at some time.

So, trains - ancient relics powered by magic like the temples, or recent invention in the Hyrulian civilization based on physics?

It was really odd when the news came out for me. It was like the Zelda team took exactly what I thought would be a good idea for a Zelda game and made it. I actually feel kinda obligated to buy it.
Trains are steam-based inventions. Things like The City in the Sky are ancient relics powered by magic.

Come on, it's just a train. If it were magical, it wouldn't need tracks.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Hyping Spirit Tracks. WHAT'S TAKING IT SO LONG TO COME OUT?! loljkjk
Wait... that's the old timeline still in the OP. I haven't updated it to the new one yet...

I'll add it in when Spire gets on AIM and he can give me the link to it so I can change the one in the OP.

Ochocobo said:
I agree. Things such as Majora's Mask sounds much better than things like Phantom, Twilight and Spirit.

Skrah

Smash Ace
The best name in the franchise is "Zelda 2".

And I read some articles and watched the trailer and he may have a side kick, that knight that you move with your stylus. Probably just a puzzle or even an item that you get, but it must be important if it's shown in the trailer.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm pretty dissapointed by this announcement tbh. I was really looking forward to the Wii Zelda announcement, or no Zelda announcement at all (as it would have given hope for a possible E3 announcement of the Wii Zelda). Now that the DS Zelda has been announced, I doubt they'll announce another at E3... :(

Also, I didn't really like Phantom Hourglass, and this game looks pretty much identical. So...yeah. Not really looking forward to this.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm pretty dissapointed by this announcement tbh. I was really looking forward to the Wii Zelda announcement, or no Zelda announcement at all (as it would have given hope for a possible E3 announcement of the Wii Zelda). Now that the DS Zelda has been announced, I doubt they'll announce another at E3... :(

Also, I didn't really like Phantom Hourglass, and this game looks pretty much identical. So...yeah. Not really looking forward to this.
Most people aren't disappointed because an announcement is early than expected.

Incidently, the new link costume seems familiar. Is it from another Zelda character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom