• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I really love the idea of an adult timeline version of Termina. Majora's Mask is the only other game OoT Link was in. Since Adult Link wasn't part of the game, it should be a given to have his timeline's perspective on Termina as well.

It would have to be one of his "descendants" since he wouldn't have a chance to go anywhere after Zelda removed him from that timeline and sent him back to his childhood.

Actually, I don't know if there was any Link between OoT and Wind Waker. The WW opening cutscene says Link was nowhere to be found when Ganondorf escaped the Sacred Realm. Afterwards the goddesses flooded Hyrule, and since then they've still waited for him to return. By the sounds of this, there has been no Link between OoT and WW, so this game would have to take place after Hyrule's been flooded.

But hey, maybe we've already played it. Perhaps Phantom Hourglass is the version of Termina after the moon crushed it. There have already been discussions about how the geography of the world map in PH is very similar to MM's.

Still doesn't explain how Termina also got flooded though. In both MM and PH, Link enters the area just by wandering into it. So I'm guessing Hyrule and Termina are so close to each other that a flood from one area could easily seep into the other.

Alzi

Smash Master
I just hope that Link gets his hero tunic though. Link is not Link without his mini skirt. :laugh:
He does in the video in all the dungeons and while he is vsing that huge bug boss he is wearing his awsome green tunic.

It's nice to see a change of uniform though.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I really love the idea of an adult timeline version of Termina. Majora's Mask is the only other game OoT Link was in. Since Adult Link wasn't part of the game, it should be a given to have his timeline's perspective on Termina as well.

It would have to be one of his "descendants" since he wouldn't have a chance to go anywhere after Zelda removed him from that timeline and sent him back to his childhood.

Actually, I don't know if there was any Link between OoT and Wind Waker. The WW opening cutscene says Link was nowhere to be found when Ganondorf escaped the Sacred Realm. Afterwards the goddesses flooded Hyrule, and since then they've still waited for him to return. By the sounds of this, there has been no Link between OoT and WW, so this game would have to take place after Hyrule's been flooded.

But hey, maybe we've already played it. Perhaps Phantom Hourglass is the version of Termina after the moon crushed it. There have already been discussions about how the geography of the world map in PH is very similar to MM's.

Still doesn't explain how Termina also got flooded though. In both MM and PH, Link enters the area just by wandering into it. So I'm guessing Hyrule and Termina are so close to each other that a flood from one area could easily seep into the other.
Pretty valid. I like that. Termina being affected by a freak flooding doesn't seem so far fetched.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Come to think of it, the Wind Waker back-story sounds a lot like what would have happened in Twilight Princess had Midna not appeared. It kind of make me want to re-examine exactly how the timelines split in the first place. Especially since Toon Ganondorf and Zant are oddly alike in appearance. They even share double-swords in common.

(couldn't get a good pic without the helmet)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Question: How many of you thought that Zant was Ganondorf early on in TP? I did until I looked at his ankles, but even that didn't completely convince me he was otherwise. It was the Lanayru scene after the Lakebed Temple that reveals that he's an entirely different entity as you see Zant's lower face.

@ Ochobobo - firstly, I just want to tell you that I like your name. Secondly, I have highly considered the Great Sea in PH to be the flooded Termina for a number of reasons:

a) The geography is similar, not close to identical (minus the water), but similar. If rotated, it could fit Termina's geography, but that's a longshot. What's the most convincing, though, is the fact that the Gorons live in the same quadrant of the sea as the frozen island, which may be a direct reference to the Gorons of Termina living in the northern mountains.

b) The overall spooky, strange, and otherworldly feel of the game was reminiscent of Majora's Mask, with the final boss, Bellum, possessing similar traits to Majora in both its eyes and ability to possess/control others.

c) There are counterparts to Link and the King of Red Lions, however, what may contradict this is that they (forget their names, sorry) heard the tale of the Hero of Winds, so he set out to imitate him. People from Termina knew nothing of Hyrule or the Hero of Time.

Now, the fact that not only Link, but Zelda, and their crew were all able to simply sail to this "flooded Termina" is a bit odd also, because if Termina is a parallel world to Hyrule in a parallel dimension, this means of travel does not seem to reflect that which was present in MM - a dimensional loophole. Remember, The Lost Woods are not in Termina, not even in the southeast corner of the map. The Lost Woods led directly to the sewers beneath Clock Tower. So I'm still iffy on the theory that the Terminian Great Sea is present in PH, and it's not based on any sort of bias due to my aerial Terminian idea.

EDIT: Halloween Captain, that drawing is beautiful. I now have a new desktop background. Great find!

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ Vorguen - I expect a poem from you today about put your sword in the fountain followed by put your fountain in the sword.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I need to know how open you are to bromance first though.

:laugh:
Bromance between Link and his Goron "bros" would be well appreciated. That would add a whole new meaning to "put your sword in the fountain". Hooowee!!

Darkslash

Smash Master
Bromance between Link and his Goron "bros" would be well appreciated. That would add a whole new meaning to "put your sword in the fountain". Hooowee!!
I just finished a series full of Bromance and BRO FIST and Bros before...you know.

@Spire Yea I thought that Zant was Ganondorf at first. But was nags me is that he already has the Gerudo symbol on his cloth thing before he met Ganondorf.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just finished a series full of Bromance and BRO FIST and Bros before...you know.

@Spire Yea I thought that Zant was Ganondorf at first. But was nags me is that he already has the Gerudo symbol on his cloth thing before he met Ganondorf.
You're right. That is bothersome. Oh the continuity errors in Zeldarrr!!!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Question: How many of you thought that Zant was Ganondorf early on in TP? I did until I looked at his ankles, but even that didn't completely convince me he was otherwise. It was the Lanayru scene after the Lakebed Temple that reveals that he's an entirely different entity as you see Zant's lower face.
Nope. It just didn't seem like Zant would be Ganondorf. I did think that Zant would be some total bada** besides Ganondorf. Especially during that Lanaryu scene after what he does to the spirit. But than he does some wierd girly-like scream later in the game and I was like "F*** that bada** idea". It also didn't help when I saw his whole face.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
For some reason, at no point did I think Zant would be Ganondorf. I didn't want to believe Zant was Ganondorf because I was relieved that the big bad guy was someone else. Also, Ganondorf always went by his own name, so I never thought that he would change it to Zant.

I can't figure out why Zant looks so much like the Ganondorf in Wind Waker though.

Hypothetically, if Midna wasn't in Twilight Princess, would Wind Waker have happened?

Spire

III
BRoomer
For some reason, at no point did I think Zant would be Ganondorf. I didn't want to believe Zant was Ganondorf because I was relieved that the big bad guy was someone else. Also, Ganondorf always went by his own name, so I never thought that he would change it to Zant.

I can't figure out why Zant looks so much like the Ganondorf in Wind Waker though.

Hypothetically, if Midna wasn't in Twilight Princess, would Wind Waker have happened?
Let me start by asking this -- does Midna live in the WW timeline, given that there is a Twilight Realm present in it too? It is entirely possible that we'll see Toon Midna and Zant in the future. Perhaps in ST? The Mirror of Twilight is beneath the sea, so perhaps that doorway is shut off, but who knows? They would exist, but Midna would be Queen of the Twili, and Zant would never have attained power because Ganon was not sealed in the Twilight Realm in Adult Link's timeline.

So to answer your question, I believe WW would still have happened. Twilight Princess would have unfolded very, very differently. Link, as a wolf, may have found another way to escape from the prison, but odds are, he wouldn't have without Midna's help. On top of that, he wouldn't know what to do or where to go, so technically, Twilight Princess could not have happened without Midna, no matter Link's guile (this is a given though).

Come to think of it, since Ocarina of Time, all of the games have been named so accordingly to a certain something that without its presence, the game could not have unfolded at all. What would Link have done without the Ocarina of Time? What peril would Termina have been in if not for Majora's Mask? How would Onox and Veran be stopped if not for the catalysts for Link to travel to Holodrum and Labrynna, the Oracles of Seasons and Ages? How would Link have navigated the Ocean and stopped Ganondorf if not for the Wind Waker? You get the point.

Spirit Tracks, a potentially pending title, must have some sort of importance. Without the "spirit tracks", which could (and probably does) relate not only to the train tracks, but to some other type of tracks (how about the green footprints that you draw on the screen for your Darknut to follow the path of). To further develop my theory that Link's companion can take the form of both this suit of armor and the train, perhaps Link stumbles onto some type of lost spirit of a sort in the beginning of the game, and hence must map out and follow the tracks accordingly. In the overworld, Link follows the tracks, and in the dungeons, his companion follows the tracks.

I'm really interested to learn more about this game. More and more, it feels like it might have that certain "homely adventurous charm" that the Oracle games and LA had.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No. She was just caught up in Ganondorf's plan and Zants ambitions. The main variable was the sealing of Ganondorf. In the Child Time line he never was sealed.
I meant to point out that Link would never save Hyrule had Midna not openned his cell in the first five minutes of the game.

I hate how confusing the timeline is.

I looked up how the races relate to eachother, and there is a TON of interesting symbols from the twili which connect them to other races. There's a very good chance that they are somehow related to both Majora's mask and the Gerudo. I also noticed a group called the Zuna mentioned in Zeldapedia, but I don't know anything about them.

Well, the one thing that's sure is that they are related to whatever tribes they share the symbols of. Where else would they get those symbols?

Spire

III
BRoomer
WARNING: Crazy Spire III Idea

I've had this idea for a while, but I'll say it now. What if there was a Legend of Zelda that properly identified the dual timelines, and through some crazy explanation (thoroughly explained), the perfect requirements met up and the timelines merged, telling a legend that's [in some ways] a true sequel to Ocarina of Time, or perhaps the antithesis to it.

The possible event causing this may be that at some point in time, the Triforce was sealed in the Sacred Realm at the exact same time in both timelines. The Goddesses then split it up between Link, Zelda, and Ganon -- like usual, however, Link lives in Timeline A while Zelda and Ganon live in Timeline B, and there is no hope for Link to be born in the latter, nor for Zelda and Ganon to come into existence in Timeline A, so the Goddesses merge time to balance the holders of the Triforce, thus, sealing off the continuity of both individual timelines.

The results? Both states of Hyrule would come together, merging existing elements from both. It would be a realm of chaos, a realm suitable for Ganon to take control easily; a realm instantly ready for a hero to step up and restore balance. This Link would be known as Link, the Hero of Time II.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
You don't know that. Yeah Link has had help in the past, if you think about it, in virtually every game. But that is what makes our favorite hero so good. He's just likeable. :)

The point is he gets things done, it doesn't matter how.

Vorguen

Smash Champion

I've had this idea for a while, but I'll say it now. What if there was a Legend of Zelda that properly identified the dual timelines, and through some crazy explanation (thoroughly explained), the perfect requirements met up and the timelines merged, telling a legend that's [in some ways] a true sequel to Ocarina of Time, or perhaps the antithesis to it.

The possible event causing this may be that at some point in time, the Triforce was sealed in the Sacred Realm at the exact same time in both timelines. The Goddesses then split it up between Link, Zelda, and Ganon -- like usual, however, Link lives in Timeline A while Zelda and Ganon live in Timeline B, and there is no hope for Link to be born in the latter, nor for Zelda and Ganon to come into existence in Timeline A, so the Goddesses merge time to balance the holders of the Triforce, thus, sealing off the continuity of both individual timelines.

The results? Both states of Hyrule would come together, merging existing elements from both. It would be a realm of chaos, a realm suitable for Ganon to take control easily; a realm instantly ready for a hero to step up and restore balance. This Link would be known as Link, the Hero of Time II.

I kid you not........... That idea was not farfetched at all. I read 100% epicness.

Gratz Spire III, that was pretty dang cool.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I meant to point out that Link would never save Hyrule had Midna not openned his cell in the first five minutes of the game.

I hate how confusing the timeline is.

I looked up how the races relate to eachother, and there is a TON of interesting symbols from the twili which connect them to other races. There's a very good chance that they are somehow related to both Majora's mask and the Gerudo. I also noticed a group called the Zuna mentioned in Zeldapedia, but I don't know anything about them.

Well, the one thing that's sure is that they are related to whatever tribes they share the symbols of. Where else would they get those symbols?
I love how confusing the timeline is.

Ever notice that the Sheikah Eye Symbol is on the back of both the Fused Shadow and the throne in the Palace of Twilight? I discovered the latter on my own before news of it spread like wildfire amongst the underground Zelda communities on the net.

My theory is that a select few Sheikah were those that tried to steal the Triforce, as they were the closest to the Royal Family of Hyrule, and hence, would know of its secrets. When discovered (perhaps set up by Ganondorf before OoT), they were banished to the Twilight Realm and consequently evolved into the Twili. Being worshippers of shadows, it was only fitting that they would be banished to a world of shadows, and hence, become shadows themselves. The Goddesses were doing them a favor. They did not belong in Hyrule, so they were given their own world.

The reason why Ganon was able to break out of the Twilight Realm was because he did not belong there. Imprisoning him in it was a mistake, and while it relieved Hyrule for a century or so, it was inevitable that he would return.
I kid you not........... That idea was not farfetched at all. I read 100% epicness.

Gratz Spire III, that was pretty dang cool.
Thank you, Vorguen :)

To add one more thing to my story, the Zelda series could then properly play out after that, either developing chronologically, or jumping far into the future, then back again, but always in a Hyrule that we know is solid and exists only once.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I'm curious as to what ideas one and two were.
For the timelines to merge, somehow, the recalled histories and geographies of the two timelines would have mearge at a point where the two are exactly the same, otherwise there would be too much chaos for either to exist. Thus, the individual timelines would become closer and closer to eachother until they were indistinct, and the meage would be complete. The process would involve increasingly similar people and icons as their individual histories become more and more identical, until, unnoticed, the two realities become one.

If the idea of Zelda games occuring during this re-combinations weren't refuted in your theory, I would say that this gradual mearger was viewable within the games from the alternate timelines. For example, Ganon breaks out of a realm in both TP and WW, and the main visible villians in both are very similar in appearance, which would be caused by the parallels combining themselves.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm curious as to what ideas one and two were.
For the timelines to merge, somehow, the recalled histories and geographies of the two timelines would have mearge at a point where the two are exactly the same, otherwise there would be too much chaos for either to exist. Thus, the individual timelines would become closer and closer to eachother until they were indistinct, and the meage would be complete. The process would involve increasingly similar people and icons as their individual histories become more and more identical, until, unnoticed, the two realities become one.
Perhaps, but I do not see that happening. If The Goddesses allowed for two timelines to exist parallel to one another, then the only logical explanation for why they would merge them would be because they were basically forced to, or else all would be thrown off balance. Perhaps at this point in time, they look back on when Ganon returned between OoT and WW and how they had to flood the entire world to stop him. They wouldn't want to have to do that again. Say he and Zelda are in the WW timeline -- they might have to flood the world again, thus covering all of the land and killing everyone just to stop Ganon. Or say they're in the TP timeline, where the Goddesses would have to flood the intact Hyrule, thus creating two similar worlds. Now this may lead into your "parallel Hyrules grow more similar to one another", but I do not find that the Goddesses would want to destroy that which they have kept intact.

Link has proven in the past that he can fix everything, so I don't think they would fear merging both worlds together, no matter how chaotic it may be. It would be Link versus Ganon and Hyrule (in some ways).

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

I'm not going to lie. The hair on the back of my neck stood on ends upon reading that.

Great idea. It seems so climactic, though! Hopefully there would still be another Zelda game that takes place after it chronologically. . .

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not going to lie. The hair on the back of my neck stood on ends upon reading that.

Great idea. It seems so climactic, though! Hopefully there would still be another Zelda game that takes place after it chronologically. . .
Oh, it would open up a world so they could do whatever they wanted with the franchise. As great as Ocarina of Time was, it limited them so much because of the split-timeline thing (actually, the establishment of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess can attribute to that equally as much). Now the timeline would be closed off, and Hyrule could be one again. From there, they could base games in Hyrule, outside of Hyrule, or whatever, because it would always have a solid foundation where fans would not have to debate over which timeline it's placed in because, "well Ganon has his trident in this," or, "well the geography looks like this," or, "the Master Sword is found here," etc, etc. It would all be concrete.

I'd say that they could then start releasing games in arcs. In relevance to modern consoles, they could perhaps release an arc (all within a year, or at the same time), of a Wii and a DS game, or two DS games (like the Oracles), or two or three WiiWare games, or a Wii adventure game, and then a Wii spin-off genre game (RTS, fighter, etc). They could do all of this without compromising the timeline whatsoever.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm ignoring your 'Crazy Spire III Idea' because this is also important and nobody has really acknowledge it and because you already know my feelings on your idea, Spire.

Let me start by asking this -- does Midna live in the WW timeline, given that there is a Twilight Realm present in it too? It is entirely possible that we'll see Toon Midna and Zant in the future. Perhaps in ST? The Mirror of Twilight is beneath the sea, so perhaps that doorway is shut off, but who knows? They would exist, but Midna would be Queen of the Twili, and Zant would never have attained power because Ganon was not sealed in the Twilight Realm in Adult Link's timeline.

So to answer your question, I believe WW would still have happened. Twilight Princess would have unfolded very, very differently. Link, as a wolf, may have found another way to escape from the prison, but odds are, he wouldn't have without Midna's help. On top of that, he wouldn't know what to do or where to go, so technically, Twilight Princess could not have happened without Midna, no matter Link's guile (this is a given though).

Come to think of it, since Ocarina of Time, all of the games have been named so accordingly to a certain something that without its presence, the game could not have unfolded at all. What would Link have done without the Ocarina of Time? What peril would Termina have been in if not for Majora's Mask? How would Onox and Veran be stopped if not for the catalysts for Link to travel to Holodrum and Labrynna, the Oracles of Seasons and Ages? How would Link have navigated the Ocean and stopped Ganondorf if not for the Wind Waker? You get the point.

Spirit Tracks, a potentially pending title, must have some sort of importance. Without the "spirit tracks", which could (and probably does) relate not only to the train tracks, but to some other type of tracks (how about the green footprints that you draw on the screen for your Darknut to follow the path of). To further develop my theory that Link's companion can take the form of both this suit of armor and the train, perhaps Link stumbles onto some type of lost spirit of a sort in the beginning of the game, and hence must map out and follow the tracks accordingly. In the overworld, Link follows the tracks, and in the dungeons, his companion follows the tracks.

I'm really interested to learn more about this game. More and more, it feels like it might have that certain "homely adventurous charm" that the Oracle games and LA had.
I agree with this completely. I think the title Spirit Tracks has to do with the green footprints and the coincidence with the train is just a... well, the title of the new Zelda game is just a pun.

Awesome.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'd love an explanation that doesn't make my head hurt, one that is the most rational explanation for why there are parallels between the games. One that involves as little time manupulation as possible, and for logistic reasons, must be the correct order, when the evolution of Hyrulian customs, symbols, and parallels are taken into account. I doubt I'll get that, and Spire's explanation is an interesting consideration.

The only thing I don't understand about the WW timeline is that if there was no hero the first time Ganon appeared, why was there a hero the second time? It doesn't matter which of the one, two, three, however many timelines you think WW is in, it doesn't change that at one point there was no hero, and at another point, there was a hero. Something must have been different.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd love an explanation that doesn't make my head hurt, one that is the most rational explanation for why there are parallels between the games. One that involves as little time manupulation as possible, and for logistic reasons, must be the correct order, when the evolution of Hyrulian customs, symbols, and parallels are taken into account. I doubt I'll get that, and Spire's explanation is an interesting consideration.

The only thing I don't understand about the WW timeline is that if there was no hero the first time Ganon appeared, why was there a hero the second time? It doesn't matter which of the one, two, three, however many timelines you think WW is in, it doesn't change that at one point there was no hero, and at another point, there was a hero. Something must have been different.
I think Hyrule was not ready for another Link, nor was it ready for a sudden return of Ganon.

Kind of like how no one expects an Earthquake. It just happens and the world has to deal with it until it can rebalance itself.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think Hyrule was not ready for another Link, nor was it ready for a sudden return of Ganon.

Kind of like how no one expects an Earthquake. It just happens and the world has to deal with it until it can rebalance itself.
I'm not so sure. I think that this is actually a rare occurance for Zelda -- a plot hole. Link is supposed to be the good that counteracts Ganon's evil -- evil cannot exist in a world without good... and without Link, there should be no Ganon.

Pretty much, it's either a plothole or Link was killed (3 hit rule removed?)

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuw7tcftAoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNbUHTJBrM&feature=related

Zelda thread's anniversary was yesterday.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wooooooooo!!! We all missed it, but booze me up and get me high... on Lon Lon Milk!

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I have an Idea that I've written down for an RTS that is intended to take place right after Ocarina of Time.

So here's the my theory. Ocarina of Time established a split timeline at the end there. The thing to consider though, is that the nature of the timeline split is such that Ganondorf was defeated in a completely different manner. Also, the state of Hyrule is important consider in the aftermath of ocarina of time. For Hyrule, adults Links timeline (which leads to WindWaker) is far worse off than young link's timeline. Castle Town has been ruined and needs to be rebuilt, Zora's domain has been frozen, only time thaws it out, Gannondorf had attempted to kill off the gorons too. Sure they can rebuild and recover in the time after Ocarina of Time, leading upto Ganon's return, but still, that Hyrule is a weaker hyrule than Young Links timeline. Also, in adult Link's timeline, Ganondorf knows the sharp taste of defeat already in hand to hand combat, he is going to take caution when he invades Hyrule the second time.

For Young Link's timeline, I'm assuming that the sages were awakened somehow through the actions of Zelda after Link had been given his childhood back and they could act preemptively to Trap him in the sacred realm after he had first entered it (which was only made possible through the actions of Link). This Hyrule is much stronger and easily manage a war. Undoubtedly Gondorf would be furious at this and would behave much more recklessly once he escapes the sacred realm and can initiate his invasion.

Also, what about Link, since link does not appear in the timeline leading to WW, he cannot be in the timeline leading to TP. Still, Hyrule needs a hero to stand against Ganondorf, a lesser hero he can only defeat ganondorf with a healthy Hyrule at his back, I've made up a Character called Lieutenant Anduil Harrier
A Harrier is a type of small bird of prey, similar to a Hawk, three guesses as to who this name alludes too
Whom the story for defending Hyrule centers around. So anyway, Ganondorf, escapes the sacred realm and the same time for each timeline and wages his war against Hyrule.

In the Timeline in which he conquers Hyrule, Zelda still slaps him in the face one last time by breaking the triforce of courage and entrusting it to Tingle for him to hide across hyrule, and bu give the triforce of wisdom to her daughter and sending of her trusted servants to protect it. Hyrule is then flooded after Gonondorf kills Zelda in rage.

The other story line ends with a massive assault on Gerudo Fortress led by, the pseudo Link, Lieutenant Harrier. Which wipes out most of Ganondorf's and leads to his subsequent excecution at arbiters ground. Anyway, that's how I like to think the timeline split becomes well defined anyway.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have an Idea that I've written down for an RTS that is intended to take place right after Ocarina of Time.

So here's the my theory. Ocarina of Time established a split timeline at the end there. The thing to consider though, is that the nature of the timeline split is such that Ganondorf was defeated in a completely different manner. Also, the state of Hyrule is important consider in the aftermath of ocarina of time. For Hyrule, adults Links timeline (which leads to WindWaker) is far worse off than young link's timeline. Castle Town has been ruined and needs to be rebuilt, Zora's domain has been frozen, only time thaws it out, Gannondorf had attempted to kill off the gorons too. Sure they can rebuild and recover in the time after Ocarina of Time, leading upto Ganon's return, but still, that Hyrule is a weaker hyrule than Young Links timeline. Also, in adult Link's timeline, Ganondorf knows the sharp taste of defeat already in hand to hand combat, he is going to take caution when he invades Hyrule the second time.

For Young Link's timeline, I'm assuming that the sages were awakened somehow through the actions of Zelda after Link had been given his childhood back and they could act preemptively to Trap him in the sacred realm after he had first entered it (which was only made possible through the actions of Link). This Hyrule is much stronger and easily manage a war. Undoubtedly Gondorf would be furious at this and would behave much more recklessly once he escapes the sacred realm and can initiate his invasion.

Also, what about Link, since link does not appear in the timeline leading to WW, he cannot be in the timeline leading to TP. Still, Hyrule needs a hero to stand against Ganondorf, a lesser hero he can only defeat ganondorf with a healthy Hyrule at his back, I've made up a Character called Lieutenant Anduil Harrier
A Harrier is a type of small bird of prey, similar to a Hawk, three guesses as to who this name alludes too
Whom the story for defending Hyrule centers around. So anyway, Ganondorf, escapes the sacred realm and the same time for each timeline and wages his war against Hyrule.

In the Timeline in which he conquers Hyrule, Zelda still slaps him in the face one last time by breaking the triforce of courage and entrusting it to Tingle for him to hide across hyrule, and bu give the triforce of wisdom to her daughter and sending of her trusted servants to protect it. Hyrule is then flooded after Gonondorf kills Zelda in rage.

The other story line ends with a massive assault on Gerudo Fortress led by, the pseudo Link, Lieutenant Harrier. Which wipes out most of Ganondorf's and leads to his subsequent excecution at arbiters ground. Anyway, that's how I like to think the timeline split becomes well defined anyway.
So this is the first canonical time that Ganon gets Falcon Punched?

This is a nice setup. I will respond more once I get time. The Tingle bit is so awesome, as it makes perfect sense (given of course that he can live for 100+ years without aging, because remember, he has the magical spell of Kooloo-Limpah!).

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Tingle actually serving a purpose in the storyline would be great. Reminds me of several other mystery type stories where one character everyone ignores ends up being extremely important.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Tingle playing a super important role is nice to see, but it seriously has to happen that way, Tingle is the only one who can decipher the charts showing the location of Triforce of Courage pieces. So it does make perfect sense.

So this is the first canonical time that Ganon gets Falcon Punched?
Yes, except Falcons are cooler than Harriers, Douglas is a name way more awesome than Anduil, and Captain just sounds better than Lieutenant...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I was looking into the WW and TP storylines (the only two games in the series I ever completed) and WW Ganon is oddly like Zant in motivations, both wanting to move from their harsh environments (Gerudo desert, Twilight realm).

I want to say that in some timeline, TP happens without Midna, and thus, Link isn't the hero because he was the divine beast that no one could see locked away into a dungeon. Zant, a member of the banished Gerudo tribe and thus having the Gerudo icon (the reason that the Gerudo symbol even exists in the Twilight realm), becomes fully possessed by Ganondorf, ruler of Twilight. The goddesses flood Hyrule so that the light spirit springs are no longer accessable, so as to never allow the possibility of the realm of Twilight surpassing the realm of light again, and brining light back into Hyrule. And thus, Zant becomes Ganondorf in Windwaker. I want to say that, but it doesn't fully make sense if TP is the direct sequel of OoT in reference to OoT, which I don't know enough about to form a timeline with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom