• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So too did Veran and Onox bear the Gerudo Symbol on their clothing/armor. Let's take a look at this symbol:

Let's examine what this symbol may actually mean. Look at the middle section. It appears to be two horizontal people merging into one another, perhaps signifying an infinite connection. Seeing as how Ganon, and his minions, Veran, Onox, and Zant all bear this symbol, and all have had a spiritual connection with the Dark Lord, perhaps all who bear the Gerudo symbol - due to its potential symbolic meaning - are actually tied directly with him, and perhaps, are entities created from and represent him.

Look at this history behind those three characters. Veran, Onox, and Zant were all sent to different worlds, Labrynna, Holodrum, and Hyrule respectively, to conquer it, but as part of the ultimate plan behind it all, were sacrificed in one way or another so that Ganon could rise again from death/imprisonment to thwart Link and rule the land.

Symbols aren't created for aesthetics; symbols represent ideas. It's a matter of deciphering them that will lead to great discoveries.
Since the symbol isn't the original one intended for the Guerudo, I am not completely sure we can draw a whole lot from it's meaning. At least not from Games prior to the symbol's introduction in the Gamecube updated version of Legend of Zelda.

Personally, I find the symbol a little ugly. It's TP version is actually pretty good though, from what I remember.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah, I see some form of face. I didn't see the two horizontal bodies connected until someone mentioned it. I always assumed it was meant to be a face.

Either that or a wrench, lol

Edit: 2 days without a post on the Zelda Thread? Really? lolol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not specifically the train itself that is bothering me

I don't mind the Legend of Zelda advancing in time and technology.

Mostly the way it was implimented.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I really can't believe lol. Where are Spire and Scott and all of the other Zelda Thread regulars?

So what do you think of people being angry at there being a train?
Angry reactions to a new Zelda game are common.

Although I do think the Zelda themes are made by 5-year olds during a sugar rush.

"Let have Link Time travel Like the Back to the Future guy!"
"The Mask was an awesome movie! Let's make it a game!"
"Talking hats!"
"Muppet Treasure Island!"
"Cloning!"
"Werewolves are awesome!"
"Trains! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Which is why I love Zelda so much.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Angry reactions to a new Zelda game are common.

Although I do think the Zelda themes are made by 5-year olds during a sugar rush.

"Let have Link Time travel Like the Back to the Future guy!"
"The Mask was an awesome movie! Let's make it a game!"
"Talking hats!"
"Muppet Treasure Island!"
"Cloning!"
"Werewolves are awesome!"
"Trains! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Which is why I love Zelda so much.
That was the best post I've seen in a long time. Thank you Cap'n.

I've been growing more on my "post-apocalyptic Adult Link timeline Termina" idea more than I have that of Spirit Tracks. I was exciting at first, but now it's died down, like it obviously was destined to. Besides the fact that this is the first 3D Toon Hyrule (that isn't flooded) and that Link conducts a train, this game has nothing else going for it so far. They're going to need to introduce something really invigorating to this game to ensure my interest.

Skrah

Smash Ace
What bothers me is that people won't give it a second chance just because of the train. It happened to me. I hated WW's graphics, and didn't want to play it. A year after its release I finally played it and wow was I wrong.

EDIT: Spire we should do a "I ate an animal's turd and survived" group lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What bothers me is that people won't give it a second chance just because of the train. It happened to me. I hated WW's graphics, and didn't want to play it. A year after its release I finally played it and wow was I wrong.

It'd be too much of a gimmick, but nevertheless, I kind of like the idea.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Cross out the survived part lol. I dunno it's just a suggestion.
No, the 'survived' is cool, but you realize that we would be part of a group of people who share stories about when they [accidentally] ate fecal matter. Plus, it would grow really old really fast.

Anyways, back to Zeldarrr.

Ahhh, I just realized how much I cemented that timeline in the OP. The old one was bogus compared to this one. In ALttP, the ancient sages are mentioned, and while not present in OoT, are revealed in TP, so hence, these games must relate to one another. And secondly, the towns of Hyrule II in AoL are named after the awakened sages from OoT because they occurred in Adult Link's timeline, and hence, are featured as stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle in WW. Neato.

I think the only thing that would make everything cooler is if Outset Island were named "Catalia". Then, the Hero of Winds would be the Link from LoZ/AoL. Other than the fact that he had parents in Catalia, it would make perfect sense to merge the two.

Vorguen

Smash Champion

Just wait until it actually comes out. People will play it.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
People will complain and gripe all they want but in the end nothing matters until the game is actually out. The people who are real fans will play and the ones who are tired of Zelda won't.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Vorguen knows where it's at. Zelda fans will give it a shot. Those who think it's stupid won't. But I must say that all this stuff about the train sounds a lot like what people were saying about WW graphics. Hopefully, the train is half as much the right choice by the designers as the graphics were.

And yes, our current timeline is awesome. All the connections make it captivating even with the total lack of confirmation we'll get on its accuracy until a new game helps us out.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Have you guys ever seen Angry Video Game Nerd's review of the Zelda Timeline?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29488.html?type=flv

It was made shortly after Twilight Princess, and before it was officially confirmed that the timeline was split, but it's still entertaining.

I really love how things can be pieced together, like the stuff with the Sages linking back to Child/Adult OoT. Hopefully there will be plenty of clues in ST, besides the fact that there's a train, lol.

Scott!

Smash Lord
That video was pretty awesome. Didn't know we were called "splitists" or whatever, though there isn't really a debate anymore, considering it's verified fact. But he did point out the same problem I have with any timeline that relies on stuff from early games; they weren't thinking about how WW would connect to the sages when they made ALttP, etc., etc.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah I doubt they had this all planned out back in the day, but now they seem to be trying to make it fit more than before.

The part about Moblins in MC when there's no Ganon is interesting though. Maybe they'll try to salvage that by putting another game before MC with Ganon in it. Actually I don't like the idea of a Ganon before OoT, how about a Ganon from the future that time travels back before MC (for some reason) and leaves Moblins there.

It could work! lol

Darkslash

Smash Master
Where's our Master SwordDocument Link. I theorize that that was made during our OoT era.

I really wish to read that document. To us Zelda fans it could be the Ark of the covenant or the Holy Grail.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Unless you get a high-ranking job an Nintendo any time soon, I doubt you'll be seeing the offical timeline document for a long, long time. I think they're still not done, myself. I think Miyamoto and Aonuma are having just as much trouble as the internet to figure out the timeline.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Unless you get a high-ranking job an Nintendo any time soon, I doubt you'll be seeing the offical timeline document for a long, long time. I think they're still not done, myself. I think Miyamoto and Aonuma are having just as much trouble as the internet to figure out the timeline.
I bet you anything the Master Document says, "the games can go anywhere we want in the timeline." However, I would really like to know how our timeline compares with their [potential] timeline. It would be awesome if even half of it was accurate.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

Alzi

Smash Master
The zelda timeline is a puzzle itself only professor layton can solve it. :p

Ochobobo that zelda wii is so awsome looking. I'd put it up on display infact if i had it. There was another one latley that was all gold and had the Twilight Princess triforce symbol on the sides but it wasn't done with 100% effort since they still left the white on the bottom of the wii and they did the wii remote and left some white so it didn't look to good.

I still can't wait for spirit tracks i'm guessing they will release a copy with a limited edition dsi so i'm waiting for that aswell.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The zelda timeline is a puzzle itself only professor layton can solve it. :p

Ochobobo that zelda wii is so awsome looking. I'd put it up on display infact if i had it. There was another one latley that was all gold and had the Twilight Princess triforce symbol on the sides but it wasn't done with 100% effort since they still left the white on the bottom of the wii and they did the wii remote and left some white so it didn't look to good.

I still can't wait for spirit tracks i'm guessing they will release a copy with a limited edition dsi so i'm waiting for that aswell.
SORRY I CAN'T READ YOU OVER THE SOUND OFMY AWESOME TRAIN.

Well that was horrible :D

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I bet you anything the Master Document says, "the games can go anywhere we want in the timeline." However, I would really like to know how our timeline compares with their [potential] timeline. It would be awesome if even half of it was accurate.
They are probably going to start making games that simply link games together.

lol "link" =p

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
They should make a game that goes over the history of a bunch of the previous games in the 2 timelines, and then close up the timelines in a way that brings both to the exact same point in time. Pretty sure it was Spire that thought of this idea first. If they actually do this, it would be a great way to go over what the real timeline actually is within a Zelda game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
They should make a game that goes over the history of a bunch of the previous games in the 2 timelines, and then close up the timelines in a way that brings both to the exact same point in time. Pretty sure it was Spire that thought of this idea first. If they actually do this, it would be a great way to go over what the real timeline actually is within a Zelda game.
Do you think they decide the timeline by finding the most popular theories on the internet?

It seems like Nintendo can just change its mind about when a Zelda game takes place with every installment.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Halfway through Ochobo's timeline video, Myamoto was quoted saying ALTTP happened after the original two NES Zelda games.
If that's true, then he officially screwed up a solid timeline. Now Twilight Princess has a strong chance of being the only game besides Majora's Mask in the child timeline. That's just stupid.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Do you think they decide the timeline by finding the most popular theories on the internet?

It seems like Nintendo can just change its mind about when a Zelda game takes place with every installment.
It has been stated that they have a specific timeline, and before a game is released they are certain where the new game goes in the timeline.

EDIT- not the most reliable source, but from Wikipedia:

"The creators maintain that the series has a set timeline, however due to debates over the available information the timeline continues to be disputed. Miyamoto stated in a 2003 interview that there is a master document detailing the timeline.[45] Eiji Aonuma has also stated in a July 2007 video interview that there is such a document on his PC, and that this document is considered confidential.[46] According to this interview, development of a Zelda title can commence without the team knowing in advance where exactly the title will fit into the timeline; but by the time the title is finished, its placement in the timeline will be determined."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It has been stated that they have a specific timeline, and before a game is released they are certain where the new game goes in the timeline.
So, does that mean they aren't certain during the development of the game and don't let the timeline get in the way of their creativity...

With that, the timeline itself is more of an illusion since they don't take it into much of an account.

c3gill

Smash Ace
just read the edit, thats as far as I am aware.

"development of a Zelda title can commence without the team knowing in advance where exactly the title will fit into the timeline"

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If that's true, then he officially screwed up a solid timeline. Now Twilight Princess has a strong chance of being the only game besides Majora's Mask in the child timeline. That's just stupid.
AVGN says it's true, and that it was recorded in a Nintendo Power interview. Apparently, the timeline for the first five games is OoT, then LoZ, then LoZ's sequel, and ATTP last. Not even Myamoto was sure how GBA Zelda fit in, though. The second, split timeline came afterwards, I'm guessing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
AVGN says it's true, and that it was recorded in a Nintendo Power interview. Apparently, the timeline for the first five games is OoT, then LoZ, then LoZ's sequel, and ATTP last. Not even Myamoto was sure how GBA Zelda fit in, though. The second, split timeline came afterwards, I'm guessing.
How old is that interview? Because I recall something sounding almost exactly like that from a NP issue around the time WW came out. Since then, they have officially changed the order of the games.

I appreciate that they focus on the actual game as an individual rather than trying to fit the game into the timeline, but they must realize that a growing number of people recognize the timeline and hence, dive deeper into its intricacies. If they could simply incorporate both focuses, then they could make incredible titles.

Beyond that, I'd like to hear all of your ideas for a new Zelda game. Take both game structure and the timeline into consideration when designing the overall scheme of it. You've heard my game (the post-apocalyptic Adult Link timeline Termina in the sky), so share your own. I believe that we may be able to discover even more connections in the series by creating new Legends of Zelda to bridge the official games together. Go for it!

c3gill

Smash Ace
Beyond that, I'd like to hear all of your ideas for a new Zelda game. Take both game structure and the timeline into consideration when designing the overall scheme of it. You've heard my game (the post-apocalyptic Adult Link timeline Termina in the sky), so share your own. I believe that we may be able to discover even more connections in the series by creating new Legends of Zelda to bridge the official games together. Go for it!
Before OoT, during the creation of the world by the godesses, I want strife and conflict. In Termina.

I want a game that starts with Majora and the entity we know as Fierce Deity. I want these 2 beings to have a massive war, with us acting as Fierce Deity.

Majora is trying to control a peaceful tribe of "Indians", and is growing in power. Fierce Deity is the protector of these people. As the game progresses, Majora attacks the tribe, enslaving some and killing others. As Majora and his followers grow in power, Fierce Deity must find new ways to combat them.

Eventually the game would reach a climax, where Majora is leading a pillage on the people and Fierce Deity confronts him. After freeing all of Majora's followers, you would track Majora to some hidden but obvious area. Final Battle, and as you are overpowering Majora, the natives intervene, say something that death is not fitting for this being- but rather a life of servitude to those he tried to enslave.

They would play some magical song and do a dance, and BOOM Majora is enslaved.... within a mask. As some sick twist of irony would have it, Masks must have equals- and Fierce Deity is stripped of his powers and forced into a Mask. But! you are saved, as the people you were protecting gave (you, in your weakened state) the mask containing your powers, as a thank you for saving them.

Its a thought- I like the idea that Link is Fierce Deity and Ganondorf is Majora, except before the stories we know happened. This explains how the masks came about, and why.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fierce Diety was said to be just as evil as Majora himself.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
How old is that interview? Because I recall something sounding almost exactly like that from a NP issue around the time WW came out. Since then, they have officially changed the order of the games.

I appreciate that they focus on the actual game as an individual rather than trying to fit the game into the timeline, but they must realize that a growing number of people recognize the timeline and hence, dive deeper into its intricacies. If they could simply incorporate both focuses, then they could make incredible titles.

If the creators of the Legend of Zelda can change their mind on the order of their own games, I am skeptical of the entire timelining process.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I actually heard your idea for a Zelda game. I might have missed it.

My Zelda ideas:

At some point in the distant Zelda future, around the industrialization era, the reincarnations of Ganondorf (note: not the original Ganon), Zelda, and Link once again fight over the triforce. Hyrule, an inland country, is taken over by Ganondorf, who goes to war with the Zoras over control of the ports and the Gorons over control of their gold mines. About midway through the game Link manages to defeat Ganondorf, but Zant, Zelda's reagent, seals Link using the ancient Twilight artifact from TP, steals the triforce of power as Ganondorf is dying and enacts a coo (I can't remember how to spell that word right now). With Hyrule under his control, he uses the power of Twilight to win Hyrule's wars, forcing both the Zora and Goron main armies into exile. He remembered to imprison Link and take the master sword, but Link manages to escape because Zelda, who is imprisoned with him uses her magic so that they can escape. Only Link escapes though. Zant throws the master sword into a lava pit in the Goron mines to stop Link after his escape, but the Goron tunnels are deeper than he imagined, and the Gorons come in possession of the Sword. Thus, Link finds the sword by first bringing light back to the Goron territory, then leaving the known areas of Hyrule altogether. Towards the end, the Rito from WW (I can't remember their name) begins to be threatened by the ever-expanding twilight kingdom, and by combining Zora, Goron, and Rito technologies of steel, flight, and sailing, create begin a final assault to try to kill Zant, and make Zelda the ruler of Hyrule so that there may be peace. The assault stops at the Castle town gate where Zant uses the trifoce to battle against the new technologies, but Link was able to use his Wolf form to sneak all the way into Zant's throne room for the final battle.

Plot points -

- In true Zelda style, this story is a timeliner nightmare
- Zant is an advisor to the original king, prior to Ganon's takeover, and remains Ganon's advisor even after the King of Hyrule is killed. No one really knows where he came from (yet), just that he is an odd man who is also the best military tactitian in hyrule.
- Zant doesn't kill Zelda or Link because he knows that eventually they will be reincarnated and try to usurp him. He plans on being immortal with the triforce of power, and would rather only have to deal with being stopped once every 80 years and not once every ten (when Link's and Zelda's reincarnations would turn old enough to be their "young" versions if they were killed)
- The war is a significant factor as Link tries to do objectives, as his routes to necesary artifacts and locations (ex. the Master Sword) will lead him directly through combat zones.
- There is also a "King of the Red Lions" complete with sailing exploration and naval battles and a new entrance to the twilight realm forced permamently open by Zant.
- This is not an RTS, nor is it an FPS. However, a new automatic crossbow and reudamentary muskets lay about corpses on the battrle field, both of which can be used for some first-person-shooting if you like arrows more than your sword. But in true early 18th century style, the arrows will be both the faster an more accurate weapon.
- Hyrule will be linked by train, as Zant and Ganon both saw the significance of the technology for transporting supplies to the Goron territory.

c3gill

Smash Ace
enacts a coo? its Coup, lol

and evil cannot touch the master sword- Zant cant touch it. i really like your ideas, you went much more in-depth than I did. good stuff, i like it.

edit- i should have read more closely- the Ritos are evolved Zoras- it doesnt really make sense for them to not be in WW, but be in your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom