• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Double Edit: just for fun, why is WW Ganondorf not Ganon? Ganon the big beast appears in every Zelda game Ganondorf is in except WW. It's really odd because Ganon the beast is actually referenced in the intro.
After Link defeats Ganon in OoT, Ganondorf is seen suspended in the Sacred Realm. That is why.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
After Link defeats Ganon in OoT, Ganondorf is seen suspended in the Sacred Realm. That is why.
Yeah, so?

Ganon is the one who supposedly escapes the Sacred realm and is subsequently frozen in time. Ganondorf is the person we meet, when we are all told in the intro itself that Ganon was supposedly the one who managed to free himself from the second seal used to flood Hyrule.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I really need to play Wind Waker again. I have no idea why there's no Ganon. . .

Also Spire, I love your idea of a Majora vs. Fierce Deity pre-OoT game. Playing as Fierce Deity Link the entire game would be interesting. Of course, he would start out as helpless as all the other Link's and then acquire different items to make him as powerful as we know him today.

I like it mostly because, on the surface, it seems like it would affect no other Zelda game apart from MM. No other game takes place in Termina (except maybe PH, but that's open to debate). Yet it's stll a prequel that leads into the events of Majora's Mask, so that makes it even more intriguing than games that stand alone. I don't think the same could be accomplished with Koholint (LA should definitely be the only game that takes place there) or with the OoS/A places.

Speaking of which, they should consider bringing back Time Travel to Zelda games. They were on a roll before having 3 Zelda games in a row with Time Travel: OoT, MM, and OoA. I love stories like this, even if they do include a bunch of paradoxes, lol. It's been about 8 years since OoA, I think we're due for another Time Travel game.

Alzi

Smash Master
I really need to play Wind Waker again. I have no idea why there's no Ganon. . .
What?

There is a Ganon in Wind Waker...?
For the shel shaded games i think the time line is:

Spirit Tracks -> Wind Waker -> Phantom Hourglass.

Since spirit tracks is on land and princess zelda seems to be in that game really early. Then it gets flooded thats were Wind Waker comes in then sequel to Wind Waker is Phantom Hourglass.

Not sure about the other games they confuse me too much. :dizzy:

Maybe on the first page of this thread we should try form our own sort of time line and update it over time when new thoughts come in?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What?

Since spirit tracks is on land and princess zelda seems to be in that game really early. Then it gets flooded thats were Wind Waker comes in then sequel to Wind Waker is Phantom Hourglass.

Maybe on the first page of this thread we should try form our own sort of time line and update it over time when new thoughts come in?
Ganondorf the man is in windwaker. Ganon, the legendary pig beast he usually turns into and appears more often in the Zelda franchise than Ganondorf the man, is no where to be found. It's really odd, because I believe it is the only game that Ganondorf is in without the pig form, while the reverse, Ganon appearing but not Ganondorf the man, is actually quite common. what's even more strange is that Ganon, the pig beast, is clearly the entity referenced in the introduction to windwaker as the reason Hyrule was drowned and frozen in time in the first place, and not Ganondorf the man.

Scott!

Smash Lord
What?

Well.... we do have a timeline in the first post of the thread... It's labeled as Spire's, but it's the result of tons of discussion here with all of us giving our input.

I do find the idea of Spirit Tracks coming before WW intriguing. Could Hyrule have developed greatly in that timeline, only to have Ganon return unchecked, and have it all flooded, losing that technology? It's worth considering.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i see no reason to discuss Spirit Tracks place in the timeline, until we know the specifics about the game. Otherwise, its just speculation. and just because the game is cel shaded doesnt mean it belongs in line with the other games. It could induce another connection between the child and adult timelines, for all we know.......

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Ganondorf the man is in windwaker. Ganon, the legendary pig beast he usually turns into and appears more often in the Zelda franchise than Ganondorf the man, is no where to be found. It's really odd, because I believe it is the only game that Ganondorf is in without the pig form, while the reverse, Ganon appearing but not Ganondorf the man, is actually quite common. what's even more strange is that Ganon, the pig beast, is clearly the entity referenced in the introduction to windwaker as the reason Hyrule was drowned and frozen in time in the first place, and not Ganondorf the man.
He certainly doesn't transform, but the spirit of pig-form Ganon is kind of there as the marionette (called Puppet Ganon, iirc).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't know why you would want to use ALL the Zelda stuff for a timeline. Everything not created by Nintendo essentially isn't part of one of the timelines. I mean, if you really desire to clench on it, you could see a fitting place for the stuff not created by Nintendo and squeeze it somewhere in.

But the CDi-games aren't even considered being part of the official series or anything by Nintendo, and aren't acknowledged at all, because they pretty much only are a result of Nintendo jumping off of the contract with Philips and in return out of pity granting them rights on their two best selling series (at that time). Nintendo only gave a little bit on information about the character designs. The same goes for the comics and cartoon.

I'd rather say that you should go with the actually canon Nintendo games, and not the products of third parties that actually didn't have to do anything with Zelda's storyline or development.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I do find the idea of Spirit Tracks coming before WW intriguing. Could Hyrule have developed greatly in that timeline, only to have Ganon return unchecked, and have it all flooded, losing that technology? It's worth considering.
The hero of time was not there. Unless there is the shocking twist at the end, I will place Spirit Tracks after LoZ.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I don't know why you would want to use ALL the Zelda stuff for a timeline. Everything not created by Nintendo essentially isn't part of one of the timelines. I mean, if you really desire to clench on it, you could see a fitting place for the stuff not created by Nintendo and squeeze it somewhere in.

But the CDi-games aren't even considered being part of the official series or anything by Nintendo, and aren't acknowledged at all, because they pretty much only are a result of Nintendo jumping off of the contract with Philips and in return out of pity granting them rights on their two best selling series (at that time). Nintendo only gave a little bit on information about the character designs. The same goes for the comics and cartoon.

I'd rather say that you should go with the actually canon Nintendo games, and not the products of third parties that actually didn't have to do anything with Zelda's storyline or development.
Yeah, we were just joking about the CD-i games, lol.

Also about ST possibly taking place between OoT and WW:

Judging from WW's opening movie, I don't think any Zelda game could take place in that time, unless it doesn't take place on Hyrule maybe.

When it talks about how Ganon broke out of the Sacred Realm, it says the Hero of Time was not there to stand up to him. If ST Link happened before Ganon broke out, then why did they talk about the OoT Link if ST was more recent? It would also come before the time when they decided to dress people in green tunics in hope the Hero would one day return. I know they probably referenced OoT Link just because he was the one that defeated Ganon, and that's who they were facing, but hopefully ST Link ends up doing something incredibly heroic as well . . .

But that part about the clothes brings up something interesting. Why is TP Link given the Hero's clothes if Link didn't defeat Ganon in that timeline? It sounds like we need to hear more of Young Link's adventures after Termina, and figure out what exactly he did that was so heroic. (If OoT was all he did that left his legend as a Hero for Hyrule, then surely the clothes would be child-sized, not adult sized like they are in TP)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only hero of time is in OoT. The other heroes are called whatever the want to be (I.E. Hero of the wind/ hero of men) but I don't think that specifically implies they came before/ after the hero of time.

Link's hero title doesn't stay the same in any game he's in to my knowledge.

Alzi

Smash Master
There sort of was a Ganon. But it was called Puppet Ganon, i guess that can count as ganon for Wind Waker. :p

Well.... we do have a timeline in the first post of the thread... It's labeled as Spire's, but it's the result of tons of discussion here with all of us giving our input.

Oh i saw him post that timeline but i ment a brand new one thats much bigger and has pictures on it. lol.

I guess we have to play spirit tracks first to get more info on it like c3gill and he is correct about the shel shaded toon link can go with the young and adult time lines.

First we need to see why toon link rides a train? It looks like he is deleviring mail to places and maybe hyrule got flooded at that time and then those bird people in windwaker start sending the mail maybe? This is me just thinking simple things that might lead to other ideas.

Also remeber that tingle is in Wind Waker and Majoras Mask and the The Great Deku Tree is in Wind Waker aswell as Oot. Maybe that tree you planted in Oot becomes older and appears in windwaker?

Oh and PsychoIncarnate you are right there is only one hero of time.

c3gill

Smash Ace
The only hero of time is in OoT. The other heroes are called whatever the want to be (I.E. Hero of the wind/ hero of men) but I don't think that specifically implies they came before/ after the hero of time.

Link's hero title doesn't stay the same in any game he's in to my knowledge.
He is hero of time in OoT and MM- hero of winds in WW and PH. kinda suiting, as it is undoubtable that they are both direct sequels.

i beilieve hero of time is mentioned in the Oracle games, but i dont remember that exactly.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah, there's only one Hero of Time. I was saying that if the opening cutscene of Wind Waker only talks about the Hero of Time and how there's been no Hero (Link) since then, then it's likely there's been no Zelda game that takes place in Hyrule between OoT and WW. That's why I don't think ST could take place before WW. lol

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Ok, a few things I want to get down:

1: Ganondorf and Ganon are supposedly the same. Ganondorf is the human form and Ganon is the beast form, typically a cross between human and Pig/Boar (and fat too) (only TP breaks this trend, as Ganon takes on a more feral cross between Pig/Boar [more likely boar this time] and a cross between multiple predatory mammals. This was to reflects Link's own second wolf form, and this is really the only BOSS in the entire game that you have to turn into wolf link to defeat [the only subboss is death sword by the way]).

2: For some reason, beast ganon doesn't appear in Wind waker, while Ganondorf is there fully. Beast Ganon is subsided by puppet Ganon.

3: Ganon was around since the first legend of Zelda, and in most games afterwards. Ganondorf, was not around until the N64 Ocarina of time. He also died in both branches of the timeline (See wind waker and Twilight Princess ending), While Ganon still persists afterwards (according to our theory). This implies that Ganon is Ganondorf's soul in physical form (Ocarina of time is also the first game in the entire timeline), which I have said around a million times. Who said newbs can't have an intelligent conversation with the hardcores?

Spire

III
BRoomer

Yeah, it's our timeline, not just mine. I made a layout in Photoshop ages ago for an old timeline of mine that said "Spire III's Zelda Timeline" and when I edited it to make the current one, I left Spire III without thinking. I'll make a mockup that includes all of us.

And yeah, ST can't come before WW unless what Darkslash suggests is true, and I'll get to that..
i see no reason to discuss Spirit Tracks place in the timeline, until we know the specifics about the game. Otherwise, its just speculation. and just because the game is cel shaded doesnt mean it belongs in line with the other games. It could induce another connection between the child and adult timelines, for all we know.......
There could be a chance that Spirit Tracks actually follows Majora's Mask, where Link returns to Hyrule, as he is depicted as Young Link. In that case, ST could reveal information about TP.

Hehehe, Ochobobo corrected you, but that doesn't mean you have to leave the thread. Stick around.
Yeah, we were just joking about the CD-i games, lol.

But that part about the clothes brings up something interesting. Why is TP Link given the Hero's clothes if Link didn't defeat Ganon in that timeline? It sounds like we need to hear more of Young Link's adventures after Termina, and figure out what exactly he did that was so heroic. (If OoT was all he did that left his legend as a Hero for Hyrule, then surely the clothes would be child-sized, not adult sized like they are in TP)
Like I said before, ST could very well come after MM, hence, why Link receives the "Hero's Clothes", signifying that Link, Hero of Trains actually makes a name for himself. OR, as I like to think of it, because the Hero's Clothes are granted to Link (TP) by the Goddesses, or more directly, Ordona - if I recall correctly - then they, being timeless beings, obviously know that Link from OoT was a hero, despite leaving the world which he established himself as such for a younger lifestyle where he only [thus far] saved Termina. Hence, why the TP Hero's Clothes reflect Adult Link's from OoT, rather than Young Link's. It is as if his clothes were simply absorbed into the fabric of time after being sent back to being a kid, so that they could be granted to Link, the Hero of Twilight.
The hero of time was not there. Unless there is the shocking twist at the end, I will place Spirit Tracks after LoZ.
Hehe, I like this a lot. If Link dies at the end of ST by the hands of Ganon, then it could potentially come before WW.
Also remeber that tingle is in Wind Waker and Majoras Mask and the The Great Deku Tree is in Wind Waker aswell as Oot. Maybe that tree you planted in Oot becomes older and appears in windwaker?

Oh and PsychoIncarnate you are right there is only one hero of time.
Tree we planted in OoT? The young Deku Tree that sprouts after we defeat the Forest Temple? That tree, growing only in Adult Link's timeline, is seen again in WW as the Great Deku Tree in the Forest Haven.
Ok, a few things I want to get down:

1: Ganondorf and Ganon are supposedly the same. Ganondorf is the human form and Ganon is the beast form, typically a cross between human and Pig/Boar (and fat too) (only TP breaks this trend, as Ganon takes on a more feral cross between Pig/Boar [more likely boar this time] and a cross between multiple predatory mammals. This was to reflects Link's own second wolf form, and this is really the only BOSS in the entire game that you have to turn into wolf link to defeat [the only subboss is death sword by the way]).

2: For some reason, beast ganon doesn't appear in Wind waker, while Ganondorf is there fully. Beast Ganon is subsided by puppet Ganon.

3: Ganon was around since the first legend of Zelda, and in most games afterwards. Ganondorf, was not around until the N64 Ocarina of time. He also died in both branches of the timeline (See wind waker and Twilight Princess ending), While Ganon still persists afterwards (according to our theory). This implies that Ganon is Ganondorf's soul in physical form (Ocarina of time is also the first game in the entire timeline), which I have said around a million times. Who said newbs can't have an intelligent conversation with the hardcores?
If you guys recall the final battle in TP, Ganondorf first possesses Zelda, then transforms into Beast Ganon, then fights as human Ganondorf. So, Ganon is never his "final, unleashed form", it's simply a bestial form that he assumes as a means of fighting. If by the time of TP, Ganondorf is able to control his forms, then that paves the path for the games that follow TP and why he is seen as Ganon in those. This can also be said for WW, because in the opening introduction, Ganon is seen in his pig-beast form, but is fought in his human, Ganondorf form in the game. Why? Because he's figured out a way to control this form.

Keep in mind, the Ganon form encountered in TP is [as far as we know] the first time chronologically that Ganondorf assumes this form in the Child Timeline. In the Adult Timeline, the first time the form is featured is in OoT, with the second being upon his return to Hyrule, as seen in the prologue to WW.

I actually believed Ganon's true form to be the beast, with his human form, Ganondorf, being a vessel for living and fitting in to a world so that he may go about his evil schemes. He assumes the form of Ganondorf so that people will recognize that he is human, and hence, may easily deceive them and establish his dominion more secretively, rather than by the blatant force that his true, demon-pig form would permit (and limit him to).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well I'm pretty much of a Zelda noob... I played all games until OoT (including the CD-i ones), and that's about it. =p
Which means you played LoZ, AoL, [insert CD-i here], ALttP, LA, and OoT. I think that's incredibly worthy, as quite a number of us have never played the original two, or completed ALttP and LA (I've never played the original two, but a few minutes of each, and have never completed the latter two). I'm not the ultimate Zelda nerd. The only games which I have completed are OoT, OoA, WW, and TP. Can you believe that?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure. ;P

Yes. That's the games I've played, that is correct. And no, I couldn't believe that, Spire. XD

It was quite a nostalgia flash when I first found Saria in OoT (it was like... "Saria? That rings a bell... hm..."), and when I met Darunia, everything was clear. lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure. ;P

Yes. That's the games I've played, that is correct. And no, I couldn't believe that, Spire. XD

It was quite a nostalgia flash when I first found Saria in OoT (it was like... "Saria? That rings a bell... hm..."), and when I met Darunia, everything was clear. lol
I'm sure OoT had a profound, and very different effect on you than it had on most of us. I was a late bloomer with Nintendo, so my first console was the N64. Before that, I played computer games and often rented a Genesis or Playstation from Blockbuster when they were still doing that. Honestly, I didn't know who Mario was until about 1995.

Oh wait... nevermind. I used to play Super Mario Bros. in the playplace at Ikea when I was really young.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Sorry to turn the discussion into talking about me... XD

Well, I had the "problem" that OoT was so different to what I knew until then. In case you didn't know (which you probably did) - all of the 6 OoT sages with the exception of Impa are named after towns in Adventure of Link. That did give me some nostalgia back to the days when I was a kid and played that game on my old NES.

My favourite game of the series still is and probably always will be Link's Awakening, though. I dunno, it's just one of the best Game Boy games ever created, and it outclasses every other Zelda I've played - imo.

As for video gaming... I pretty much grew up on video games. My father was working at an electronics store at that time, so we got a lot of video and computer games. I already played Quake when I was like 6, lol. So yea. I guess that did have an impact on my taste in video games, too.

I did play a little bit of Majora's Mask, though, to be fair, but I honestly didn't really enjoy it. I don't know why. Ocarina was a great game, but I didn't enjoy it so much, too. Dunno. So yea... I'm done with the rambling about me. Carry on. XD

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm sure OoT had a profound, and very different effect on you than it had on most of us. I was a late bloomer with Nintendo, so my first console was the N64. Before that, I played computer games and often rented a Genesis or Playstation from Blockbuster when they were still doing that. Honestly, I didn't know who Mario was until about 1995.

Oh wait... nevermind. I used to play Super Mario Bros. in the playplace at Ikea when I was really young.
Hmmm, My first Nintendo system was the SNES. However, that was a hand-me-down from my aunt. I only really started being a Nintendo fan with Pokemon and the N64, when I decided that Nintendo was the only company when it came to fun games. Once again though, I as very young, so young that OoT's first temple seemed incompletable, and the Boos in Super Mario 64 scared me.

I guess what I find weird about WW is that Ganondorf didn't go all-out against Link by turning into that giant pig thing and crushing him. Then again, TP Ganondorf was actually stronger as a human than as a giant boar. I only find it odd because WW was the first Zelda game I ever finished, and the supposed Ganon of legend was not the man we met. Likewise, Zant the man we met early in TP was not the same person we fought in the battle against Zant - instead we get a raving lunatic which, quite honestly, mad efor a very humerous and entertaining encounter. Zant was not a disappointment, but WW Ganondorf felt like he was missing something minor. At least he was too smart for his own good; arrogant is not a quality I would use to describe WW Ganon.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
lol, as long as we're confessing how much Zelda experience we have . . .

The first Zelda game I've played was Link's Awakening (though it was actually the most recent one I've beaten lol). The ones I have not beaten are LoZ, AoL, LttP (I'm playing through this now, lol), WW (yeah I know. I actually played up to the part where you have to collect the pieces of the Triforce of Courage and then stopped for some reason. I should pick it back up, or better yet start all over lolol), MC, the two Four Swords games, and the CD-i games lolol. And I guess OoT MasterQuest if that counts O_o (well I'm counting CD-i games so why not lol)

Has anyone here beaten all of them? I'm sure someone must have...

c3gill

Smash Ace
Has anyone here beaten all of them? I'm sure someone must have...
I have done everthing, as far as I am aware, in every Zelda game- barring 1 heart piece.

I cant seem to manage to get the final heart piece in PH, from that Maze Island where you whack statues. I know I have completed every other Zelda game- collecting every key, every heart piece, trading sequences, all that stuff. As of recent, I was let down by TP- too easy, OoT was much harder. Even in games I didnt love (FS, FSA, Oracle Games are my least favorite)- I still did everything.

If anyone knows a quick path to get that heart piece- Im listening.

That is the only thing I am missing- so I am really looking forward to Spirit Tracks, I hope there will be some new, cool challenges.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The CD-i games too? lol

I love how people bash those games although they never played them. All they've seen is video footage and a handful of people complaining about it, and of course the cutscenes. The only bad thing about those games, imo, are the sometimes unresponsive controls, but that's a problem of the CD-i itself, and not the games' fault.

I personally enjoyed the games back in the day and totally hate my father for selling the CD-i.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I dont consider the CD-i games Zelda Games- feel like more of a spin-off. I have played them, just not as much or as thoroughly as the others. Didnt dislike them, just not the same love as the LoZs.

How about this- every Zelda game released for a nintendo system? Or every Zelda game that is considered part of Zelda canon.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
The first game I've played that was at all similar to the Legend of Zelda was Willow, It was an action RPG based on a movie that came out for the NES, of course the Legend of Zeda is a better game. First Zelda Game that I've played was LttP. I haven't beaten them all either. Never played LA, haven't beaten MM, wasn't interested in Link's crossbow training, Never heard of a CD-i until the internet (But apparently it sure is boring around there, so they have to bomb dodongos for fun), and I refused to buy PH because it came out around the same time was brawl, which (ended up being a disappointment) and some of my friends (who kinda suck at the Zelda games) complained that it was too easy basically confirming my bias against PH. Otherwise though I've beaten most of the Zelda Games.

ST might end up being the first New Nintendo game I've bought since Mario Kart Wii (seriously the only Wii game that I wasn't slightly disappointed with at all, exactly the fun casual gaming experience MK is suppose to be, Even Super Mario Galaxy was too easy). So I really don't have my expectations too high for ST, but it's too early to really tell anything about ST though.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The reason why the CD-i games aren't on the timeline:

1) Nintendo doesn't acknowledge them
2) Do you REALLY want them to be part of the timeline?

Scott!

Smash Lord
My Zelda experience: I've played all (canon) Zeldas that don't have "Four Sword" in the name. I have beaten Link's Awakening, OoT (like 20 times...), MM, WW, the Oracle games, but never a linked game of both together, Minish Cap, PH. I've gotten to Ganon in ALttP, but never beaten him. It's such a hassle going through the whole tower to get to him after you lose. I've gotten about halfway through LoZ, not really sure how far exactly. In AoL, I beat the first dungeon, but didn't really enjoy it. So that's my history with Zelda. I don't usually beat the games perfectly, though I will explore for stuff. But I only do side quests that interest me. I got the 100 skulltulas, but never more than half of Angela's bugs. Biggoron Sword is necessary, as are the great fairies in MM, but not necessarily all masks on each playthrough. I'm working on my figurine collection in WW. Finished Windfall; that was tedious, but once I finally found the last person, I was pretty happy. I'd say I have about 2/3 of them total.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Zelda experience: I've played all (canon) Zeldas that don't have "Four Sword" in the name. I have beaten Link's Awakening, OoT (like 20 times...), MM, WW, the Oracle games, but never a linked game of both together, Minish Cap, PH. I've gotten to Ganon in ALttP, but never beaten him. It's such a hassle going through the whole tower to get to him after you lose. I've gotten about halfway through LoZ, not really sure how far exactly. In AoL, I beat the first dungeon, but didn't really enjoy it. So that's my history with Zelda. I don't usually beat the games perfectly, though I will explore for stuff. But I only do side quests that interest me. I got the 100 skulltulas, but never more than half of Angela's bugs. Biggoron Sword is necessary, as are the great fairies in MM, but not necessarily all masks on each playthrough. I'm working on my figurine collection in WW. Finished Windfall; that was tedious, but once I finally found the last person, I was pretty happy. I'd say I have about 2/3 of them total.
I always get all the masks in Majora's mask before the end, because I like completing the bomber's notebook and everything before facing Majora.

I also like having the fierce diety mask because I think it's canonical that Link received it before facing Majora

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I too believe that it is canonical that Link received the Fierce Diety Mask before facing Majora. He's facing a spirit powerful enough to bring down the moon onto the Earth.

He would need the mask.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I too believe that it is canonical that Link received the Fierce Diety Mask before facing Majora. He's facing a spirit powerful enough to bring down the moon onto the Earth.

He would need the mask.
But isn't it great that he can bring down Majora without the mask? Obviously, Majora does not carry the same evil traits as Ganon, for Ganon can only be defeated by the sword of evil's bane, while Majora can be defeated with a simple sword.

But nevertheless, I do feel that the Fierce Deity mask is far too important to be a bonus item, and hence, should be regarded as canonical.

EDIT: Did you guys know that before the Fierce Deity mask was invented, they actually had an "Adult Link" mask? Here's proof:

Spire

III
BRoomer
AWESOME IDEA

After Zelda Wii comes out, Nintendo needs to recycle the materials used to make that game in order to remake LoZ/AoL, ALttP/LA, OoT/MM, and OoS/OoA.

LoZ/AoL = $25
ALttP/LA = $25
OoT/MM = $25
OoS/OoA = $25

That's $100 for eight Zelda games. But even better, as each bundle has two games that are canonically direct sequels to their predecessors, the games can actually lead into one another. For instance, upon completing Ocarina of Time, rather than leaving off at the scene where Young Link is in the garden about to confront Zelda, you actually see that whole scene unfold, and then get to play out what happens between then and his venture into the Lost Woods to search for Navi, and consequently, stumbling into Termina.

This would be the best move Nintendo has ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom