• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrah

Smash Ace
This just in.

I just found a picture of the new Zelda. Wether it is artwork or actual gameplay is unknown to me, since the graphics are something I haven't seen ever.

Prepare yourselves..

Apparently they are trying out a new style, taking a risk, as Spire said. It appears that this new Link's codename is "Stick Link". You can see from this picture that it takes place is Hyrule, since Death Mountain is shown in the background. Also there is the return of Navi, or possibly another faerie.

You can see Stick Link´s grim face looking at a looming shadow, holding his sword (If it is or isn't the Master Sword has yet to be discovered) and prepared for battle.

Sorry I just felt like being silly lol. So anyone has any ideas as to what we should discuss since the graphic style thingy seems to have slowed down,

Scott!

Smash Lord
Paper Zelda? That would actually be interesting. I would prefer that not be the next console one though. Maybe that WiiWare one Spire always is dreaming of. that would be really different.

They'd have to call it something else though, since Paper Zelda's just a ripoff. Maybe... Notepad Zelda! Papyrus Zelda! The Legend of Zelda: Two-Dimensional Curse!

Ok, I'm gonna stop now. I'm silly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Oh Vorguen. You know we can never be together.

A Zelda sidescroller might be awesome, if they did it well. I'm thinking both of Zelda 2, and the side-scrolling areas in LA. Both were solid in terms of gameplay, though Zelda 2 bothered me a lot. More the finite number of lives than anything, but yeah. And in LA, there were Goombas... why?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If Zelda 2 was the second Zelda ever, and a sidescroller, then goombas don't actually surprise me.

Art wise, the next Zelda should be twilight princess style. I don't know what the name of that style is, but it is just the perfect style to feature a legend with.

Actually, I don't know how to define any of the Nintendo styles anymore. Typically, the graphics for a game are as realistic as possible for that game, or so stylized that it is simply cartoony. I can't really define the "Nintendo" style though, because no other company uses anything like it. Is there a name for the graphical presentation of TP and SMG?

EDIT: Also, Link topped another top ten list on IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/955/955082p1.html

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, goomba's were in Link's awakening...

Pirahna Plants and Chain chomps were too

Skrah

Smash Ace
Link dying? Iunno.. It would be an unexpected twist, but I don´t think it´ll happen anytime soon. Another character should die, for sure.

Okay people, do you think Link should talk on the next game? Or should everyone start talking but him? Or should Zelda continue being the silent franchise it has been since its beginnings?

Scott!

Smash Lord
If Zelda 2 was the second Zelda ever, and a sidescroller, then goombas don't actually surprise me.

Art wise, the next Zelda should be twilight princess style. I don't know what the name of that style is, but it is just the perfect style to feature a legend with.

Actually, I don't know how to define any of the Nintendo styles anymore. Typically, the graphics for a game are as realistic as possible for that game, or so stylized that it is simply cartoony. I can't really define the "Nintendo" style though, because no other company uses anything like it. Is there a name for the graphical presentation of TP and SMG?

EDIT: Also, Link topped another top ten list on IGN: http://wii.ign.com/articles/955/955082p1.html
That list was interesting, though it seemed to change in its meaning halfway through. At first it was just the series that had overstayed their welcome, but it evolved into characters dying in-game for emotional effect.

Personally, the idea of Link dying... I don't like it. I would probably cry. *Sniff* See? I can totally understand the idea behind what they're saying and all, but I for one have never had issues thinking of Link returning to normal life. First off, he always seems to end up somewhere else (Koholint/dream, Termina, PH's ocean place) anyway, having more adventures there. And second, I just don't think Zelda games have that kind of direction, the killing off of the hero type thing. The audience range extends to younger than I think would understand the sacrifice, so I kind of think they'd lean away from it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Personally, the idea of Link dying... I don't like it. I would probably cry. *Sniff* See? I can totally understand the idea behind what they're saying and all, but I for one have never had issues thinking of Link returning to normal life. First off, he always seems to end up somewhere else (Koholint/dream, Termina, PH's ocean place) anyway, having more adventures there. And second, I just don't think Zelda games have that kind of direction, the killing off of the hero type thing. The audience range extends to younger than I think would understand the sacrifice, so I kind of think they'd lean away from it.
Did you miss my post? Maybe Link should end up Catamose.

But then again its a different Link every time, so maybe killing him in a non cliched matter might be good for the series. It may beat Ocarina of Time's ending for all we know. Though Link saying

"Arrows go Zoom" may be tragic, than comical..

EDIT: Hey since Slippy gets a family, its going to be ****storm emotional. Imagine the whole Star Fox team goes ****ing emo and **** and Amanda crying for 15 hours straight.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Did you miss my post? Maybe Link should end up Catamose.

But then again its a different Link every time, so maybe killing him in a non cliched matter might be good for the series. It may beat Ocarina of Time's ending for all we know. Though Link saying

"Arrows go Zoom" may be tragic, than comical..

EDIT: Hey since Slippy gets a family, its going to be ****storm emotional. Imagine the whole Star Fox team goes ****ing emo and **** and Amanda crying for 15 hours straight.
Yeah, I didn't see yours. I had my reply one up for a while, got distracted, came back and finished.

Not entirely sure how the story could start with Link dying, but it would be interesting to see.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Huh? Who would we control then? Unless... Link DIES, then we play what happened before he dies?

Naah, Link dying would be pretty gay. I prefer that Zelda died or something like that.

It would be cool if Link started being a Hylian soldier or something like that. Like seriously, we never listen of Hyrule's army. Imagine a war against the Gerudo o.O

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah, I didn't see yours. I had my reply one up for a while, got distracted, came back and finished.

Not entirely sure how the story could start with Link dying, but it would be interesting to see.
Sure it can. Link dies, Gannondorf lives. But the story wouldn't just end, in fact, it could go a lot of directions. The most obvious being that you can't actually "kill" Link; he gets reincarnated in every Zelda. So no matter what Gannondorf does, Link will be reincarnated, and visa-versa.

Skrah

Smash Ace
But then Ganondorf would win. Every time Ganondorf tries to rise to power, there is a Link to stop him. So, if Ganondorf goes about with his schemes, a Link rises to challenge him, and Link dies, then Ganondorf would win, and Hyrule would be enveloped in darkness, unless something like the Great Flood happened all over again. He would win because once he defeats the first Link, its not like another one will pop up and defeat Ganondorf.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
But then Ganondorf would win. Every time Ganondorf tries to rise to power, there is a Link to stop him. So, if Ganondorf goes about with his schemes, a Link rises to challenge him, and Link dies, then Ganondorf would win, and Hyrule would be enveloped in darkness, unless something like the Great Flood happened all over again. He would win because once he defeats the first Link, its not like another one will pop up and defeat Ganondorf.
Of course another one would pop up to defeat gannondorf. Link dies, he gets reincarnated like always, and 18 years into Ganondorf's dark reign he rises up against Ganondorf again.

In fact, it is impossible for Gannondorf to win because the hero of legend, Link, is endlessly reincarnated to stop him. No matter how many times Gannondorf strikes Link down, it is only a matter of time until another one re-emerges.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Sure it can. Link dies, Gannondorf lives. But the story wouldn't just end, in fact, it could go a lot of directions. The most obvious being that you can't actually "kill" Link; he gets reincarnated in every Zelda. So no matter what Gannondorf does, Link will be reincarnated, and visa-versa.
Yeah, that could happen, but then he doesn't really die. I just wonder, if Link died, who would we play as? We've never played as anyone else, except there was that little bit controlling Makar and Medli, and that Goron in PH. But never has any part of any story been told without Link right there. Though, if it takes place in a new time, anything is possible.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Of course another one would pop up to defeat gannondorf. Link dies, he gets reincarnated like always, and 18 years into Ganondorf's dark reign he rises up against Ganondorf again.

In fact, it is impossible for Gannondorf to win because the hero of legend, Link, is endlessly reincarnated to stop him. No matter how many times Gannondorf strikes Link down, it is only a matter of time until another one re-emerges.
Yeah, but what can happen in those 18 years? Ganondorf could kill the Royal family, since Link couldn't help them last time he tried. He could have possession of the Ocarina of Time (or any other key object) and why, he could even destroy the Temple of Time(or its equivalent)! So maybe there IS a way for Ganondorf to become victorious..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, I would be much more entertained if the next Legend Zelda began with Link's death.
Who would you play as? Zelda...

Ganondorf!?!?!

Actually, I would like to play as Ganondorf...

Instead of the Master sword, we can collect his Trident of evil!!!

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Playing as Ganondorf would hopefully cause a move change for him in SSB4.

Though of course, it's unlikely, unless as a small sidegame... But I'm sure you knew that, lol.

Link dying, and then being being reborn later on seems like an interesting premise.

Between those times perhaps you could play as Zelda, and use some of her moves from Smash Bros... Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, transforming into Sheik, etc.

Maybe instead of a brand new Link, it's the same one brought back to life with a fairy, and somehow not decomposed, lol. Maybe the composer brothers could help out with that!

But really we're just doing a bunch of wishful thinking right now. Let me backtrack a bit to a previous post.

Somebody said that the Zora King mentioned in TP is the same as the one in OoT. Does that mean Ruto is Ralis's sister? Or stepsister perhaps, if the king had more than one wife. I didn't know Zoras had such long lifetimes, lol. What happened to Ruto during all of this, or do just Zora Kings have long lives. . . lol

c3gill

Smash Ace
As the gods flooded hyrule because there was no hero, Im sure they would not hesitate to do that again.

And even after 100 years of flooding, as soon as ganondorf appeared again, another Link popped up. it is a cycle, the gods wont allow one person to rule, so unless there is a counter for that person, that civilization is ending.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
As the gods flooded hyrule because there was no hero, Im sure they would not hesitate to do that again.

And even after 100 years of flooding, as soon as ganondorf appeared again, another Link popped up. it is a cycle, the gods wont allow one person to rule, so unless there is a counter for that person, that civilization is ending.
Yes, the gods never allow one person to rule. Princess Zelda is just a democratically elected leader of the Hyrulian parliament.

~Simple~

Smash Cadet
Brawling with my awesome lizard friends who have r
Yes, the gods never allow one person to rule. Princess Zelda is just a democratically elected leader of the Hyrulian parliament.
It's just the cycle of life. The Gods always bring up another Link with another Ganon to entertain themselves, gets boring throwing thunder bolts at people all day long.
*cough* throw one at the gay Jonas Brothers please.

Scott!

Smash Lord
First off, Goddesses, not Gods.
Second, it's been the same Ganon, if I remember correctly.
Third, there was also a king in WW, Daphnes Nohanson Hyrule. Just about the most epic name ever.
Fourth, that Ruto-Ralis question's really bugging me now. I'm intrigued. I would assume they're half-siblings, since there was no mention of Rutela in OoT. I'd assume the marriage and child came much later, since the difference in age and all.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Ugh TP SUCKED. One of the worst Zelda games they ever made.
One of the easiest Zeldas.
Probably the absolute least original Zelda.
And it was boring as all hell.

Also, that quote from Aonuma saying that TP happens about 100 years after is most likely wrong. Jacensolo06 of LegendsAlliance retranslated that and translated it as a couple hundred years.

/tWW/PH-OoX(/LA)-tMC-FS/FSA-LttP(/LA)-LoZ/AoL
OoT
\MM-TP

That's my timline, btw. I dare 'ya to disprove it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Link needs to die in the next Zelda and/or we need a new protagonist. Period.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'd be okay with it if he dies AFTER we play through the game. Like, him dying in a final cutscene. A new protagonist? :/ Not so much.
Agreed.

What if the protagonist turned out to be someone "to different"?
Also, link is link. Taking the main hero out of the game will not only cause an uproar but nintendo will lose money. It's like saying "replace mario in the mario games". Sure, I'd love to see smaller zelda games that feature a different character (kinda like that super princess peach game).

I think redesigning him would be a cooler idea. Like the toon series.

Link dying though would be epic BTW.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah... new protagonist would not be my favorite decision. Maybe multiple playable characters you can switch between or something, but Link is Link. A very different Link would be welcome, but it still should be Link.

Also, I'd buy and play Super Princess Zelda. And it would be awesome.

Darkslash

Smash Master
OoT
\MM-TP

Are you saying that AoL comes after LttP? That's instant wrong right there. Ganon was revived in LttP, and Ganon was already terrorizing Hyrule in LoZ, so no your time line is wrong...

Maybe we should get a weapon to replace the Hook/Clawshot. Maybe the Kusarigama(wiki ftw) would be it. Maybe I'll elaborate later.

~Simple~

Smash Cadet
Brawling with my awesome lizard friends who have r
Ugh TP SUCKED. One of the worst Zelda games they ever made.
One of the easiest Zeldas.
Probably the absolute least original Zelda.
And it was boring as all hell.

Also, that quote from Aonuma saying that TP happens about 100 years after is most likely wrong. Jacensolo06 of LegendsAlliance retranslated that and translated it as a couple hundred years.

OoT
\MM-TP

That's my timline, btw. I dare 'ya to disprove it.
NO! Your totally wrong, TP was one of the best games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom