• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
TMC can be placed easily right after OoX.

TRR references the Oracles. So does tMC. In tMC there are 3 women called Nayru, Din and Farore. Nayru's figurine says that she came from a line of Oracles in Labrynna. Of course that is a reference to OoX's Nayru living in Labrynna. TRR has Subrosians and in TRR it explains the origin of the Subrosian hoods. TMC makes reference to tWW with the book that says Triumph Forks. There is no reason to think OoX isn't canon. I've placed it just fine and no one has disproved me. Just saying it is difficult to place. Which I've already done-so.

FSA makes TONS of references to GBA LttP. FSA fits perfectly before LttP.

So if you are going to keep saying that TRR, OoX, tMC, FS and FSA aren't canon give me some reasons for believing that.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Zora's live in water. MS was in water. I'm sure you can piece it together.
Well in tWW Zora's are gone. They evolved into the Rito, as the evidence points out. I mean isn't it strange that in tWW Zora's would be all over the place, yet you encounter none? They, like the Kokiri, in that they changed. They also carry the Zora symbol. Wouldn't the Zora get pissed to see another race use their symbol? They can't because they are the Zora.

Plus you mentioned that the Ganon in Alttp was the Ganon from Ocarina of Time, which is impossible in which the Ganon from Ocarina of Time is the same from Wind Waker and now he's dead.

FSA makes TONS of references to GBA LttP. FSA fits perfectly before LttP.
Referencing is the other way around, when you reference something you reference some thing in the past, as its impossible to reference something that hasn't happen yet. The only reason why FSA references Alltp is because of the release date, which was around 20ish years after the original and 1 after the GBA.

We have no idea what the Triumph Forks are in the Minish Cap. They are just mentioned in Modern Hyilian.

Ma means demon. Makai (demon world) Mazoku (demon tribe)
Ou means king. So Maou means demon king.
Yami means darkness.
Dai means great or big.

Ganon in OoT, LoZ, tWW and partly OoX call him a Daimaou.
Maybe it can also mean Great Demon King?

Also Nintendo hasn't confirmed if the Oracle games and Minish Cap are canon. Theres a difference from acknowledging the games, and making them canon.

Also try to re-read your posts as well
Then the MS. In OoX if you use passwords to get the Noble sword (in the Japanese text it's actually called the White Sword) then in OoA you do the trading game to get the broken sword from the Zora. When you repair that it becomes the Master Sword.
Noticed the bold word? Using passwords means its not an actual method of getting it in the game, as you need an external use of means to gain the Master Sword, but as you really don't need it, at the time its unknown if its a cameo, Easter egg or truth.

just read what Zelda Universe has to say.

Zelda Universe said:
For example, Deku Tree taking care of Link in Ocarina of Time is true, we all know it’s official, it’s canon. Master Sword in Twilight Princess is also canon. But sometimes, it’s hard to decide what’s canon and what’s not.

In numerous Zelda games, there are pictures of Mario. There are even Mario enemies in Link’s Awakening. Does this mean that Mario exists in the Zelda universe? Of course not. Mario’s appearance is what’s called an Easter Egg or a Cameo. They’re just making the game a bit funnier, and they’re also Nintendo’s way of promoting their own games (sneaky rascals).

The Master Sword can be obtained in the Oracle games. But it’s optional; you don’t need it at all. So do we have to assume that the Oracles must come before ALttP (because of the Master Sword sleeps forever quote)? Some say yes, some say no. It’s hard to decide what’s an Easter Egg, and what’s canon. So be on your guard

theunabletable

Smash Lord
just read what Zelda Universe has to say.
lol I'm a theorist on ZU. And everyone on ZU agrees that the oracle games are canon.
Noticed the bold word? Using passwords means its not an actual method of getting it in the game, as you need an external use of means to gain the Master Sword, but as you really don't need it, at the time its unknown if its a cameo, Easter egg or truth.
So you're saying that Ganon in OoX isn't canon because it requires beating one of the Oracles and using passwords to get to him?
Also Nintendo hasn't confirmed if the Oracle games and Minish Cap are canon. Theres a difference from acknowledging the games, and making them canon.
So what if they haven't confirmed it? It's an official game and NOTHING says that it shouldn't be canon.

Give me one reason why it shouldn't be canon.
We have no idea what the Triumph Forks are in the Minish Cap. They are just mentioned in Modern Hyilian.
Triumph Forks is a distorted word for Triforce caused by the flood in tWW.
Well in tWW Zora's are gone. They evolved into the Rito, as the evidence points out. I mean isn't it strange that in tWW Zora's would be all over the place, yet you encounter none? They, like the Kokiri, in that they changed. They also carry the Zora symbol. Wouldn't the Zora get pissed to see another race use their symbol? They can't because they are the Zora.
What about the River Zora (or Zola as NoA originally called them)? That proves that not all Zora's evolved into Rito.
Plus you mentioned that the Ganon in Alttp was the Ganon from Ocarina of Time, which is impossible in which the Ganon from Ocarina of Time is the same from Wind Waker and now he's dead.
Omgz and Ganon is revived in OoX!! And his soul is put into an object. Ganon touches a trident (which OoX Ganon had) and the FSA Ganon becomes OoX Ganon. Or atleast he becomes a Yami no Maou. Omgz then look! He then gets sealed in the FS.

Huh in the GBA remake of LttP in the palace of the Four Sword there is a broken Four Sword. And it has to go FSA-LttP to explain how Ganon got sealed in LttP.

Just because something is optional doesn't mean it isn't canon.

And if you keep saying that you must surely believe that the Fierce Deity mask isn't canon, either.

If something is official and nothing says that it isn't canon; then there is no reason to believe it to not be canon.

You've yet to give a reason for why OoX, tMC and TRR shouldn't be canon.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Just because something is optional doesn't mean it isn't canon.
Using a password, to get the Master Sword. The Master Sword shouldn't be optional. IF its in the game, it should be story based, to kill Ganon and not some "FUN WEAPON LOL" like the Biggoron's sword, or the Fierce Deity Mask.

And if you keep saying that you must surely believe that the Fierce Deity mask isn't canon, either.
The Fierce Deity mask doesn't need Passwords. When you use and external means of obtaining items chances are that they aren't canonical.

If something is official and nothing says that it isn't canon; then there is no reason to believe it to not be canon.
You've yet to give a reason for why OoX, tMC and TRR shouldn't be canon.
Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages are the same game with little modifications of the same story. If it were canon it would be link going inter dimensional, but instead Link is in 2 separate games. Its either these 2 games are in split time lines or really just something Capcom did so Zelda fans would shut up for a Handheld Zelda.

Its the same thing with Pokemon. You get 2 early versions and then the 3rd version screws up the earlier 2. Making Pokemon almost confusing as Zelda. .Also in order to get the full story you have to play both, which is just strange. If its canon should it be one consistent game?

tMC and Tingle Rupee Land, I have no idea really. I'll let spire take care of that.

P.S
You mention has the word triumph forks in it. T.F is the word Fishermen use it to call the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Courage. But in Minish Cap you can see the Triforce and the crest of Hyrule. There's really no need for the word Triumph Forks then. Its the same situation of Twilight Princess. No mention of the word Triforce, yet its plastered almost every where.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Master Sword is optional in Link's Awakening. BUT than again, that entire island is a dream anyway so it probably isn't the real master sword. It allows you to shoot sword projectiles though!

theunabletable

Smash Lord
The Fierce Deity mask doesn't need Passwords. When you use and external means of obtaining items chances are that they aren't canonical.
It isn't an external means. You play OoS. Then you use the password you get from OoS to start your other quest in OoA. Then you can talk to people from OoS and they ask you to talk to people in OoA and tell them a certain password. You tell them that password and certain things happen.

Have you ever actually played the linked game of OoX? It explains why the two versions are quite similar. Because they happen one right after another. The Fierce Deity mask is done by getting all other masks. Getting the MS in OoX is done by using the other corresponding game.
Also in order to get the full story you have to play both, which is just strange. If its canon should it be one consistent game?
In order to get the entire story of the Hero of Time you have to play both OoT and MM.

How is that actual evidence/proof for it not being canon?
You mention has the word triumph forks in it. T.F is the word Fishermen use it to call the 8 pieces of the Triforce of Courage. But in Minish Cap you can see the Triforce and the crest of Hyrule. There's really no need for the word Triumph Forks then. Its the same situation of Twilight Princess. No mention of the word Triforce, yet its plastered almost every where.
Sure. But also notice that it isn't said by a character. It is the name of a book in the library. Which means that book could have been around since tWW era.

It also has a book called the History of Hyrule (I think). And in the LttP manual there is a book mentioned by that name.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure "Oox" as you call it, canonically is one long story with one happening right after the other.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oracle of Time creates a paradox with one of the items where you have to give it, from the future, to that person in the past.

That item SHOULD spontaneously age for infinity...which could have some bad results on time/space.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^So paradoxes matter now? So what about the Song of Storms paradox? Does that prove OoT isn't canon, either?

Well I assume that is what you're getting at.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, a song can't really age though. That paradox wouldn't cause time/space problems.

It's kind of funny that song has no writer though...except in Termina

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My point though was not about the paradox, it was the fact the item never had an origin except from the future self giving it to his past self...which would make it so the item ages every time it's handed from the future to the past...which would instantaneously be infinite number of times...The item itself would age and rust and turn to dust.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Ha, never really thought about that. It would be as if you never even sent it to the past if it continously decays into nothing.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Which is the exact same as the song of storms paradox. It doesn't matter if it is an object it is the exact same thing happening.

So you're saying an unintended paradox means that OoX isn't canon?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not the same thing

I never mentioned anything about it being canon or not.

I just thought it was funny.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Songs can't get rusty, age, and decompose. Whatever item it was in Ages can. That's the difference.
lol decompose

... Anyway, I loved Oracles, but their placement in the chronology seems incredibly arbitrary. It could be anytime after Ganon was defeated once before, which could even be before what's now considered first in the timeline, if another game is released that takes place even earlier. Yeah it has several characters from Ocarina/Majora, but no indication that Link already knows them.

I don't really give those games much thought whenever I try to consider a Zelda timeline. But you are welcome to your own theories and opinions on the matter, lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I got the impression that they fallowed Link's Awakening for no other reason than when it came out, they were talking about them being a trilogy with Link's Awakening DX...

Though Link's Awakening DX replaced the 3rd game that was suppose to come with them

Scott!

Smash Lord
LA DX was was a replacement for the 3rd game? I always though it was out before that, but I really don't know. I just thought they scrapped the third game entirely after the password system failed at more than two games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They did, and it did come out first. However, the other games were revealed as a trilogy that were coming out, with the seasons games AFTER Link's Awakening DX.

At least, that's what I remember from that time...

Edit: It was either being advertised as such on the case of LADX or Nintendo Power

Darkslash

Smash Master
It isn't an external means. You play OoS. Then you use the password you get from OoS to start your other quest in OoA. Then you can talk to people from OoS and they ask you to talk to people in OoA and tell them a certain password. You tell them that password and certain things happen.
Well, now that you mention it, OoX by them selves aren't canon. But together they might be. But there are still some differences.

Have you ever actually played the linked game of OoX? It explains why the two versions are quite similar. Because they happen one right after another. The Fierce Deity mask is done by getting all other masks. Getting the MS in OoX is done by using the other corresponding game. In order to get the entire story of the Hero of Time you have to play both OoT and MM.
Hmm..well the thing is that getting the master sword in both games are different. In Ages, as you mentioned you gotta do a trade sequence. But in Seasons, you either get the wooden sword upgraded into the White/Noble Sword and then find the Master Sword in the woods,where the noble sword would of been found. OR you get the noble sword Upgraded.
Which then results in confusion. If they were happening one after the other...there are 2 Master Swords?

How is that actual evidence/proof for it not being canon? Sure. But also notice that it isn't said by a character. It is the name of a book in the library. Which means that book could have been around since tWW era.
We don't know what Triumph Forks are in the Minish Cap. It could mean some thing else for all we know.

It also has a book called the History of Hyrule (I think). And in the LttP manual there is a book mentioned by that name.
You can have a history book at any point in time really. So having a book called the History of Hyrule doesn't help...
I'm kinda getting annoyed by the arguments. I'm just going to ignore these things now...

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Hmm..well the thing is that getting the master sword in both games are different. In Ages, as you mentioned you gotta do a trade sequence. But in Seasons, you either get the wooden sword upgraded into the White/Noble Sword and then find the Master Sword in the woods,where the noble sword would of been found. OR you get the noble sword Upgraded.
Which then results in confusion. If they were happening one after the other...there are 2 Master Swords?
There is some debate about which order is most canon. Most people believe that OoS-OoA is more canon. So it would only matter where you get the MS in the latter game.
We don't know what Triumph Forks are in the Minish Cap. It could mean some thing else for all we know.
Why would Triumph Forks mean something else? The word Triumph Forks only came around because of the flood. Which points to a post-tWW placement.
I'm kinda getting annoyed by the arguments. I'm just going to ignore these things now...
Really? It's just a timeline debate. I've been through atleast 30 timeline debates.

Yes, there were supposed to be a trilogy of Oracle games. One was supposed to be an LoZ remake (OoS which is why it is very similar to the original LoZ), an AoL remake and a completely new game. I highly doubt a remake of an old game released 2 years before was meant to be this completely new game.

Although I do believe it goes OoX-LA.

Scott!

Smash Lord
There is some debate about which order is most canon. Most people believe that OoS-OoA is more canon. So it would only matter where you get the MS in the latter game.
Who is this "most people", and what is their reasoning? It's not a valid argument to say people believe something or other and then to use that as fact, especially when you just said there was debate over it. Reasoning is needed.

Why would Triumph Forks mean something else? The word Triumph Forks only came around because of the flood. Which points to a post-tWW placement.
We don't know this for certain. Yes, it is a likely solution that Triumph Forks came about after the flood once most people lost knowledge of the Triforce and only a select few even heard whispers of it, etc. But if it can come up once, couldn't it come up twice? What if, before OoT, people didn't know of the Triforce, and only heard whispers of it? Couldn't that put MC first? Or it could happen that knowledge of the Triforce is lost in both timelines, putting MC perhaps parallel to WW. Sure, these are possibilities I just made up, but is there anything that makes them patently wrong?

Also, the Hyrule presented in MC makes absolutely no canonical sense. It doesn't bear any resemblance to Hyrule at all. Why would all the names of places change? And why does Lake Hylia move across the country? It just seems more likely that the game was not designed to fit into the overall canon.

Honestly though, it all comes down to a lot of opinion in the end. I personally think that if MC fits in, it comes first. I have my wild convoluted theories that make very little sense. You're free to believe what you want about the story. I just look at these games, see serious inconsistencies, and believe that they are essentially spin-offs. If you think they fit in, then that's your right to think so. Just expect people to disagree with you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Ah, a new guy that seems to know his stuff. Welcome, Sign of Madness.

Spire needs a new page for something. I don't know what.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So what is it you guys want? Is it to endlessly argue with one another about what you think is right in the Zeldaverse? Ultimately, nothing we speculate is correct, but that's not to say that it's pointless to analyze and organize the information and knowledge we attain from studying the series. We're all here because we love the series, so let us not tear at one another because of it. Rather than trying to disprove one another with slander and pushing one another lower to upheave your own beliefs (and my hands aren't clean), let's work together to formulate the strongest and most coherent thesis on our Legend of Zelda.

To begin, let's identify the Core Legends:

- Legend of Zelda
- A Link to the Past
- Ocarina of Time
- The Wind Waker
- Twilight Princess

And now the Sub Legends:

- Adventure of Link
- Link's Awakening
- Majora's Mask
- Phantom Hourglass

And finally the Third Legends:

- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- Four Swords
- Four Swords Adventures
- The Minish Cap

Now what to do with these? Before we even get to writing our timeline, let's work on stripping down each game for what it's worth [and more]. Identifying the key elements should be priority, meaning: who are the strongest and most prominent characters; where does the legend take place, and what locations are the most important; what do the characters revolve around or desire - what is the key item(s) that propel the story; why do the characters do what they do in relation to all things; how do they go about their actions; and finally, when does the legend take place in correspondence to both the land, technology, and to the other legends.

To start, I suggest we work from the beginning, from the first LEGEND OF ZELDA, or The Hyrule Fantasy, as it is subtitled in the original, Japanese version of the game.

Who are the strongest and most prominent characters?
Where does the legend take place, and what locations are the most important?
What do the characters revolve around or desire - what is the key item(s) that propel the story?
Why do the characters do what they do in relation to all things?
How do they go about their actions?
When does the legend take place in correspondence to both the land, technology, and to the other legends?

Please, let's work together constructively and peacefully. Thank you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adventure of Link could also possibly count as a sub-Legend considering it was a direct sequel to the first game, it didn't have Ganon, and they tried a different mechanic.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ok, Spire's right. Personally, I'm stepping back, since I really don't know that much about LoZ or Aol, though I'll follow and give input if it's relevant.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Adventure of Link could also possibly count as a sub-Legend considering it was a direct sequel to the first game, it didn't have Ganon, and they tried a different mechanic.
By Core and Sub, I meant first and second party. In your case, Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass could also be sub-legends.

Seeing as how we cannot distinguish which legends are canonical or not, we might as well categorize them initially by first and second party developers. It does help to identify certain traits in the games.

However, I've edited the post to include three types. Check it out.
Ok, Spire's right. Personally, I'm stepping back, since I really don't know that much about LoZ or Aol, though I'll follow and give input if it's relevant.
I've incredibly appreciated your input in the time that you've spent posting in this thread, as I have all who've given their time to share thoughts regarding the series and its concepts. Don't back down, man. I encourage everyone to step up and give your time and knowledge.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
By Core and Sub, I meant first and second party. In your case, Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass could also be sub-legends.

Seeing as how we cannot distinguish which legends are canonical or not, we might as well categorize them initially by first and second party developers. It does help to identify certain traits in the games.

However, I've edited the post to include three types. Check it out.

I've incredibly appreciated your input in the time that you've spent posting in this thread, as I have all who've given their time to share thoughts regarding the series and its concepts. Don't back down, man. I encourage everyone to step up and give your time and knowledge.
Actually, I just misread your definition of sub-games...:dizzy:

When I read "Core" I mistook it

Scott!

Smash Lord
Don't worry; I'm not going away. :D I'm just not at all knowledgeable on the first two games; I've barely gotten past the first dungeon in AoL, and have gotten maybe halfway in LoZ. Thus, I'm letting those of you who know more about them be the authority on them. I'll still be here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Don't worry; I'm not going away. :D I'm just not at all knowledgeable on the first two games; I've barely gotten past the first dungeon in AoL, and have gotten maybe halfway in LoZ. Thus, I'm letting those of you who know more about them be the authority on them. I'll still be here.
I'm on your level. I know all that I do about them from reading up on Zelda Wiki and what not. I've never gotten the chance to really play through either of these games, unfortunately. I guess I'll get us started.

Who? Link, the hero, reigns from the land of Catalia, west of the Hyrule seen in these games. Zelda, the princess of Hyrule, has been captured by Ganon, a demon-swine warlock, and imprisoned in his lair in Death Mountain. Impa, Zelda's handmaiden, has been sent by the princess to find a hero to save her. These four are the main characters in the story.

Where? Hyrule, but apparently a different Hyrule than the one featured in OoT and TP. Important locations are:
- Lost Woods
- Death Mountain
- Spectacle Rock
- Cemetery
- Eagle Labyrinth
- Moon Labyrinth
- Manji Labyrinth
- Snake Labyrinth
- Lizard Labyrinth
- Dragon Labyrinth
- Demon Labyrinth
- Lion Labyrinth
- Death Mountain Labyrinth

What? The most important item in this game is the Triforce of Wisdom, as Zelda has broken it into eight pieces, which she hid in the eight dungeons. Link is tasked with completing this dungeons to piece together the Triforce of Wisdom so he can defeat Ganon, who too, desires the Triforce.

Why? Ganon hungers for the Triforce of Wisdom because with it, he can take over completely, but keeps Zelda alive simply because she's the only one who knows where it is and how to obtain it. Unfortunately for Ganon, all he does is sit on his *** all day every day in his lair while Link, a farmboy from a distant land just so happens to be piecing together this treasure that Ganon wants. Link does this because he's destined to, and because Impa asked him to rescue Zelda.

How? Not much more can be said here, other than Link has to complete eight dungeons so he can face Ganon in the ninth dungeon at Death Mountain.

When? This game must take place in the Adult Link timeline created at the end of Ocarina of Time because in the sequel to this game (Adventure of Link), the towns in this Hyrule are named after the awakened sages in Ocarina of Time. Remember however, that the sages were never awakened in Young Link's timeline in OoT (after he was sent back) because he didn't need to do that, as Ganondorf was to be executed before he could harness power. So this, and AoL take place in the Adult Link-WW timeline.

But now this brings up a very, very interesting point. Ganondorf, as seen being executed in TP, possessed the Triforce of Power, and hence, avoided death. He did not possess it in OoT until after Link drew the Master Sword, but if TP is to take place in Young Link's timeline, then how did Ganondorf get the Triforce of Power? Link never drew the Master Sword after returning to his childhood, so Ganondorf could not have entered the Sacred Realm, touched the Triforce, splitting it between he, Zelda, and Link, and hence, could theoretically not have avoided death in TP after the Sages' (not the awakened Sages in OoT - these are the Sages prior to those) failed execution. Hmm.... much to think about.

Perhaps the execution scene in TP actually took place after another Legend of Zelda, which would have to take place between OoT and TP, in which Ganondorf somehow obtains the Triforce of Power without the Master Sword being drawn. Thoughts?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Concerning the last point, when exactly does Link return in OoT? Does he return right at the exact instant, like when he was traveling during the game? Because at those points, Ganon had already gotten the Triforce. But he must have gone back earlier, since Zelda was still in the castle... shoot. I wonder though, with the Door of Time open, as it was, since Link walked through it after returning, was it ever closed? Could Ganon have somehow used that to get the Triforce? Hm. *Imagines Ganon trying to draw the Master Sword* We don't know how long it took to catch him after Link got back. I wonder whether Ganon was caught and imprisoned before Link left for MM or not. Ganon could have somehow gotten into the Sacred Realm with the Door open.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, I am new to the series ( I got Twilight Princess last week), so I am somewhat of a Noob here. Thankfully, there is something I'd like to call the internet (namely Zeldawiki), so I am not completely lost. I can formulate my own theory on the timeline, but you can call it complete bull **** unless proven true:

Orcania of time

Adult timeline: Wind waker- Phantom Hourglass

Child timeline: Majora's mask- Oracle of the ages/seasons-Twilight princess

Reasoning:
Orcania of time: This has been confirmed to be the first game in the time line. This is also the origin of the paradox
Wind waker: Wind waker takes place decades (if not centuries) after Orcania, and the prologue states that Ganon(dorf) managed to escape the sacred realm. Hyrule was flooded by the goddesses to stop him, and species that could rediscover Hyrule (namely Zoras) were altered to prevent this.
Phantom Hourglass: It was a confirmed sequel to Wind waker

Majora's Mask: It is commonly held that Majora's mask took place in the Child timeline. I honestly can't give solid evidence on this one, outside the fact that Majora's mask would have problems in the adult timeline.

Oracle of the ages/Seasons: Ordinarily, this would be a complete enigma on where to place this one. I just made a wild guess on placing it before TP. There is one reason this is placed in the Child timeline, Twinrova. In Orcania of time, Twinrova (aka Koume and Kotake) were killed by Adult link in the Adult timeline (and Ironically went to heaven and humorously argued against each other). Twinrova is very much alive in The Oracle games which pretty much threw out the door the idea that the games were in the adult timeline (unless there are multiple Ganons). My placement was based on the fact that there was a Ganon to pull back into the light realm, although you can easily argue otherwise (ex the ganon in the Oracle games could just be dark magic or something to that caliber).

Twilight Princess: well this has been confirmed to take place around a century after Orcania, and outside being confirmed to be on the opposite timeline of Wind waker, there was evidence that this takes place on the Child timeline:
1: Ganondorf was executed (albeit he did survived) after being caught. An easy way to explain HOW was that the Child version of the hero of time (Link) warned that Ganondorf will try to take over hyrule, and he was caught early.
2: He was caught instead of banished to the sacred realm, which would have happened in the adult timeline

Again, I am new to the series and all this was an educated guess. You are welcome to tear this apart and place anything you want here. Most of the games I had trouble placing due to the difficulty. Please no flaming.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Majora's Mask: It is commonly held that Majora's mask took place in the Child timeline. I honestly can't give solid evidence on this one, outside the fact that Majora's mask would have problems in the adult timeline.
...?

Of course it took place in the child timeline. Link is Child Link in the game. It's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time with the same Link

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Charizard: We're kind of just starting to go through the series game by game to come to a community-approved timeline. You're welcome to join us.

Also: I found "Orcania" hilarious. It's Ocarina, by the way.

Welcome to the Zelda world! We're fun.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oracle of the ages/Seasons: Ordinarily, this would be a complete enigma on where to place this one. I just made a wild guess on placing it before TP. There is one reason this is placed in the Child timeline, Twinrova. In Orcania of time, Twinrova (aka Koume and Kotake) were killed by Adult link in the Adult timeline (and Ironically went to heaven and humorously argued against each other). Twinrova is very much alive in The Oracle games which pretty much threw out the door the idea that the games were in the adult timeline (unless there are multiple Ganons). My placement was based on the fact that there was a Ganon to pull back into the light realm, although you can easily argue otherwise (ex the ganon in the Oracle games could just be dark magic or something to that caliber).
Well welcome to the series, mang! Glad to have you aboard here. For the most part, you've stated some pretty solid "facts" (future games may change them, but for now, they're known as factual), and the extremely interesting quote above. I had never thought of that possibility. The Twinrova continuity plugs in perfectly, and so does it for Impa. Plus, the Oracle games are the successors to Majora's Mask, being the first Zelda games to be released after it, so chronologically speaking, they are a "sequel" to it.

I assume that you're suggesting that upon completing his adventure in Termina, Link travels back to Hyrule [Castle] as seen in the intro to the Oracle games, where he is then transported to Holodrum/Labrynna. This works perfectly so far. For the sake of simplicity, let's just say that Oracle of Seasons comes before Oracle of Ages. So Link is transported to Holodrum, and upon defeating Onox and freeing Din, he then sets sail for Labrynna, but on his voyage, he is "shipwrecked" on Koholint Island, where Link's Awakening takes place. This story sets up the return of Ganon by foreshadowing him as an apparition in the battle with Dethl (which could also be interpreted as Link's past battle with Ganon in OoT when he was an adult). So he reaches Labrynna, defeats Veran, frees Nayru, and then confronts Twinrova and Ganon, who (if I'm not mistaken) had been sealed away. Perhaps after defeating him, he is again sealed away in wherever he was (if you've made the connection so far, the Twilight Realm).

This could make way for A Link to the Past to take place when Link returns to Hyrule. It could also be possible that OoX (thank you Sign of Madness), or OoS/A takes place after ALttP. If LA is known as a sequel to ALttP, and since it fits in perfectly with OoS/A (AND because the updated artwork for ALttP matches the design of that for the Oracle games), then there's probably an even greater chance of them taking place after ALttP!

You've sparked a lot of thinking, Charizard :)

BUT alas, let's get back to the beginning of the series, as Scott has suggested.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You think when Twinrova was talking about "resurrecting" Ganon they meant just pulling him back from the Twilight Realm the sages banished him to? I dunno...

Maybe, but that doesn't explain why he was brainless when he appeared. Unless Twinrova's realm-transporting powers fail at life.

It would be interesting to see Ganondorf manipulating Zant, and then teleported away to fight Link, lol.

It would have to be a completely different Link though, since TP seems to be that Link's first adventure. (otherwise he would start out with the Green Tunic)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
According to Zelda (again, according to Zelda wiki), Twinrova tried to use Zelda as a perfect sacrifice to free ganon from whatever realm, but thanks to link, Twinrova desperately sacrificed herself to revive ganon. Unlike Zelda, Twinrova was inpure, so instead of resurrecting Ganon, they made an insane monster (either that, or an insane Ganon). When Link Defeated him, Ganon regained his Sanity (partially at least) before being destroyed/sent back to his prison realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom