• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Double post because in SSBM there is a trophy that says that Zelda could change her gender through magic.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Double post because in SSBM there is a trophy that says that Zelda could change her gender through magic.
http://themushroomkingdom.net/games/ssbm said:
Daisy trophy
The description incorrectly claims she appeared in Mario Golf. The writers obviously meant Mario Tennis.

Birdo trophy
The description claims Birdo has been "missing from the Nintendo scene for some time" despite the fact that he has appeared in four games since SMB2, the latest being Mario Tennis (2000).

Coin trophy
The description claims that it is unclear as to whether or not Coins are the official currency of The Mushroom World, even though they were clearly used as currency in both Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario.

Poison Mushroom trophy
Their debut game is incorrectly identified as being Super Mario All-Stars, when they actually first appeared in the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2. The "Lost Levels" game in Super Mario All-Stars was the first release of Japan's SMB2 in the USA.

Raphael Raven trophy
Up until now, this character has been known as "Raphael the Raven."

Waluigi trophy
The description claims his "relationship to Wario is unclear" even though most Nintendo publications cite him as being Wario's brother.
Melee trophies obviously make mistakes....

Niko_K

Smash Master
Daisy DID appear in Mario golf.
Birdo trophy makes sense, read it again
Coin trophy also makes sense, since when was there a form of currency in Mario...You don't BUY anything.
Poison Mushroom Trophy makes sense, since we didn'd get SMB2 *** until it was INCLUDED IN ALL STARS
Raphae Raven just doesn't make sense
No They are not brothers because Waluigi was born from the hatred that Wario had for Mario and Luigi because they were brothers and he wanted one. So in turn Waluigi is Wario's son.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sheik in Super Smash Bros has female breasts...

However, in the ocarina of time game they aren't defined...

Zoom in in smash though.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Seriously... could a guy bend they way she does in brawl? Do your down a smash attack in brawl (and I think melee too), how many men do you know who can do that?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Zelda herself said that Impa disguised her from Ganondorf by turning her into a sheikah boy using magic. So,, Zelda spent the crucial years of her life thusfar, the puberty years, as a boy but apparently with her original mind. Thus, there really was a gender switch.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Zelda herself said that Impa disguised her from Ganondorf by turning her into a sheikah boy using magic. So,, Zelda spent the crucial years of her life thusfar, the puberty years, as a boy but apparently with her original mind. Thus, there really was a gender switch.
How do you know she wasn't lieing?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Just curious, but is it ever stated explicitly that she was turned into a boy? I've played that game so many times, but I don't remember it ever being directly said, at least from what I can recall years later.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Dude....Sheik is Zelda...Zelda's a girl...Zelda has boobs...Sheik has boobs...Sheik has a ponytail in brawl...smashbros.com ses sheik is a girl... the brawl trophy ses sheik is a girl...you cant just magically cut off ur balls without screaming in pain...

Sheik is indeed a girl.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sheik is female. It's very possible for women to disguise themselves as men.

And SmashBros.com was made by Nintendo who made Zelda. >_>

Darkslash

Smash Master
You know the Manga isn't a good source right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sheik also worked for Ganon in the manga, but didn't in OoT

Skrah

Smash Ace
How can you NOT say he's male? I mean, he has the body of a male, and even though he is technically Zelda, that doesn't mean he's a she. Maybe you can think of it as a girl's mind inside a boy's body. How do people know if someone's a boy or girl? Yes, the pen*s

c3gill

Smash Ace
Magna is WORTHLESS as far as LoZ cannon goes.

Sheik is a woman- acting and dressing like a man. Impa is a woman. As far as we are aware, there are NO SHEIKAH MALES. It is implied that Impaz(TP) is a Sheikah also, but not told.

EDIT- forgot about the gossip stone! Gossip stone near Hyrule castle will tell you that Zelda has some tomboy tendencys (hence Zelda, making her alter-ego, Sheik a male?) .

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I haven't read the manga. Although, who wrote the manga of Loz? Sure, you can call her male, but really, Sheik would have to not be Zelda in order to be a male, right?

Although, magical things happen in OoT, like having a garment which can protect you upon entering the depths of a volcano... So I guess that could support Sheik turning into a male and then into a female again...

Also, I guess this would be omitted from OoT, since it was also a game for kids. Are we thinking too deeply into this?

But I'll just think of Sheik as a female. She is not easy to figure out, I could give you that much.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Sheik is a woman- acting and dressing like a man. Impa is a woman. As far as we are aware, there are NO SHEIKAH MALES. It is implied that Impaz(TP) is a Sheikah also, but not told.
That makes no sense. Sheik doesn't have any female physical attributes as far as I'm concerned. And just cause there is ONE Sheikah character doesn't mean that because of that Sheik is female. They don't mention that they are an all female clan, such as Gerudo, although they have a man every 100 years, but that's irrelevant.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That makes no sense. Sheik doesn't have any female physical attributes as far as I'm concerned. And just cause there is ONE Sheikah character doesn't mean that because of that Sheik is female. They don't mention that they are an all female clan, such as Gerudo, although they have a man every 100 years, but that's irrelevant.
How many "female physical attributes" would you expect to see in a heavily-cloathed character from a Zelda game in which no female character had any attributes?

c3gill

Smash Ace
That makes no sense. Sheik doesn't have any female physical attributes as far as I'm concerned.
Just because someone looks and acts like a male doesnt mean that they are. Zelda obviously had to make a **** good cover up, if she was hiding her identity from Ganondorf. The disguise worked- Zelda, passed herself off as a totally different person.

I have seen a few people in real life that I wasnt sure what their gender was. Anyone remember "It's Pat!" from SNL?

Nintendo did a good job with Sheik- but as she IS Zelda, she must be a woman.

Skrah

Smash Ace
I'd rather call Sheik a he-she before calling her a she. I mean, what makes a boy a boy. You can have a guy that acts like a woman and dresses like a woman, but cause he has something dangling down there, he IS a boy. That's why I said that I picture Sheik as Zelda's mind in a boy's body. Sheik is still a boy.

Skrah

Smash Ace
How many "female physical attributes" would you expect to see in a heavily-cloathed character from a Zelda game in which no female character had any attributes?
Heavily clothed? Come on, her clothes look like Falcon's body suit.

This is original artwork of OoT. You can clearly see the muscles, please note the pectorals. Also, I doubt Zelda is toned.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol what if that was actually Leon from RE 2 and RE 4? XDDD Jk.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I dont notice a "bulging effect" in this tight outfit- not even a camel toe! Im used to tight clothes, I used to be on a swim team- even a 5 year old boy would have more down there than she does.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Zelda reveals herself to be Shiek at the end of OoT. There is even less of an argument for Shiek being male than there is for their not being a timeline.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I dont notice a "bulging effect" in this tight outfit- not even a camel toe! Im used to tight clothes, I used to be on a swim team- even a 5 year old boy would have more down there than she does.
Nintendo has never added that much realism, lolol

Still, I believe Sheik is overall female, and just acts like a male. Zelda was said to be a tomboy even before she had to disguise herself as Sheik.

... This is such a ridiculous debate. I love the internet, lol.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No, she wore a disguise and put bandages over her breasts to make herself appear male.

Now, no more of this failure of a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom