• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was positive she said that when you targeted enemies. >.>

I may just be hearing impaired. haha
I just played Zelda Ocarina of time.

Navi says "Hey" or "Watch Out!" When you target an enemy

Spire

III
BRoomer
My only concern with Midna was that she did not give you information on enemies. I really enjoyed that aspect about the faerie-sidekicks, because I love to know my enemy, be it a full synopsis, a tip for battle, or simply their name.

Darkslash

Smash Master
My only concern with Midna was that she did not give you information on enemies. I really enjoyed that aspect about the faerie-sidekicks, because I love to know my enemy, be it a full synopsis, a tip for battle, or simply their name.
Ohh yea thats one thing I found that I like about Navi. She tells you the enemy name and weakness. But then that kinda ruined on how to beat it in the first place..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ohh yea thats one thing I found that I like about Navi. She tells you the enemy name and weakness. But then that kinda ruined on how to beat it in the first place..
Other than the Darknut, you can kill everything with the Ball and Chain!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There's no fun in using one item only :[

So.. To liven up this thread a bit, which items do you have most of the time equipped?

In OoT, the hookshot, the bow and the Ocarina.

In TP, the bow, the double clawshot and the thing that throws the ball around.
Child Oot: Mask of Truth, Slingshot, Boomerang

Adult Oot: Ocarina, Bow, Megaton Hammer!

MM: Bunny Hood (Seriously, Link is slow), Ocarina or Great Fairy Sword, Hookshot or Bow

TP: Bow, Double Hookshot, Ball and Chain

c3gill

Smash Ace
Oot- Bow and hookshot (boomerang/slingshot as child). Broken Sword or deku stick if needed.

Majora- Epona. Fierce Deity Mask because its balla

TP- Bomb Arrows (old school style)

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I think Spire is a fellow information junkie like myself. Maybe that is why I loved Navi so much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oot- Bow and hookshot (boomerang/slingshot as child). Broken Sword or deku stick if needed.

Majora- Epona. Fierce Deity Mask because its balla

TP- Bomb Arrows (old school style)
Wha...?

You can't equip Epona

Also, why not have the Broken Sword made into the Biggoron's Sword?

Skrah

Smash Ace
Personally I never used the Biggoron's. I felt that Link needed to complete the quest with the Master Sword. So I used the green tunic, the hylian shield and the master sword as much as I could, unless something was needed (like the red tunic in the fire temple, blue tunic in the water temple, mirror shield for the spirit temple).

Nice avvy slash

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Becuase you can't turn it into Biggoron's sword. You got to do that quest that makes you run around Hyrule in less than 15 minutes. You get the sword in return for giving Biggoron the broken tool and eye drops.
It's all part of the quest...

That's what I meant

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Spire is a fellow information junkie like myself. Maybe that is why I loved Navi so much.
Totally mang. There's a reason that I have countless encyclopedias and whatnot on Star Wars (not that you knew that, but just saying to justify my addiction to info).

Darkslash

Smash Master
Personally I never used the Biggoron's. I felt that Link needed to complete the quest with the Master Sword. So I used the green tunic, the hylian shield and the master sword as much as I could, unless something was needed (like the red tunic in the fire temple, blue tunic in the water temple, mirror shield for the spirit temple).
GASP A FELLOW PURIST? jk

Even though the Biggoron's sword was the first thing I do when I become an adult, Master Sword the way to go. Plus if you do the same multipliers for TP and OoT

TP Master Sword does 4 times damage as TP Wooden sword.
Biggoron's sword does 4 times damage as Kokiri Sword
If TP Wooden sword equals OoT Kokiri Sword...
TP Master Sword=OoT Biggoron's Sword.

Totally mang. There's a reason that I have countless encyclopedias and whatnot on Star Wars (not that you knew that, but just saying to justify my addiction to info).

I got banned at the Public Library because I reserved to many cross section books on Star Wars XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GASP A FELLOW PURIST? jk

Even though the Biggoron's sword was the first thing I do when I become an adult, Master Sword the way to go. Plus if you do the same multipliers for TP and OoT

TP Master Sword does 4 times damage as TP Wooden sword.
Biggoron's sword does 4 times damage as Kokiri Sword
If TP Wooden sword equals OoT Kokiri Sword...
TP Master Sword=OoT Biggoron's Sword.

I got banned at the Public Library becuase I reserved to many cross section books on Star Wars XD
Which reminds me...

How many people were able to keep the first wooden shield you get?

I hate loosing that thing because you can't get it back, you get that other wood shield instead.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Also, why not have the Broken Sword made into the Biggoron's Sword?
Broken Sword is the Giants knife, broken, bought from Medigoron. Giants Knife is the most powerful sword in the game, until it breaks- becoming Broken Giants Knife.

Biggoron's Sword is an item from a quest chain. Big difference.

I liked Broken Sword because I used to do some of the crazy challenges for OoT (3 hearts only, Must have Iron boots equipped at every possible time, Only sword allowed is Broken, etc.)

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=135826 is a good one.

Edit- note the difference between the "Broken Sword" that is equipable in the sword slot, and the "Broken Sword" that is a C-item.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Broken Sword is the Giants knife, broken, bought from Medigoron. Giants Knife is the most powerful sword in the game, until it breaks- becoming Giants Knife.

I liked Broken Sword because I used to do some of the crazy challenges for OoT (3 hearts only, Must have Iron boots equipped at every possible time, Only sword allowed is Broken, etc.)

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=135826 is a good one.
Big Goron takes the Giant's Knife his brother made and forges it into the permanent Biggoron's Sword...

Darkslash

Smash Master
Broken Sword is the Giants knife, broken, bought from Medigoron. Giants Knife is the most powerful sword in the game, until it breaks- becoming Giants Knife.
They both have the same damage... 2 hits to kill a Redead. But the Biggoron's sword will never break thus making the Biggoron's sword not some "item from a chain quest"

c3gill

Smash Ace
Big Goron takes the Giant's Knife his brother made and forges it into the permanent Biggoron's Sword...
The Giants Knife is an equipable Sword, as is the Broken Giants Knife. Broken Sword is the item that is given to you by a carpenter after trading him a poachers saw. The broken sword that is given to you by the carpenter is NOT an equipable sword, it is a C- item. It does no damage.

They both have the same damage... 2 hits to kill a Redead. But the Biggoron's sword will never break thus making the Biggoron's sword not some "item from a chain quest"
Biggorons Sword is an item that can only be achieved through a chain. If you dont wanna call that chain a quest chain, thats cool. And they are very close in damage done, but the unbroken Giants Knife is slightly more powerful. Only issue is it breaks.....fast.

As for the Giants Knife being slightly more powerful, http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Giant's_Knife should serve as a vaild source. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Giants Knife is an equipable Sword, as is the Broken Giants Knife. Broken Sword is the item that is given to you by a carpenter after trading him a poachers saw. The broken sword that is given to you by the carpenter is NOT an equipable sword, it is a C- item. It does no damage.

Biggorons Sword is an item that can only be achieved through a chain. If you dont wanna call that chain a quest chain, thats cool. And they are very close in damage done, but the unbroken Giants Knife is slightly more powerful. Only issue is it breaks.....fast.

As for the Giants Knife being slightly more powerful, http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Giant's_Knife should serve as a vaild source. :)
Strange, I've never known that.

I didn't know you could forge the Giant's Knife again, and I had no idea they had different attack power.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Giant's_Knife#Giant.27s_Knife says that the Biggoron's sword is the most powerful sword

c3gill

Smash Ace
indeed, unless you are doing a crazy fun challenge, Id take Biggorons over a Broken Giants Knife. But I still never used it, Master sword + Mirror Shield is where its at.

Although I did use Megaton Hammer on Ganon.....

And I know Giants Knife is more powerful..... I guess, on that site, when they say "most powerful weapon in the game" (THAT DOESNT BREAK) is implied??? your guess as good as mine on that one.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
So... ideally you would keep take an intact Giant's Knife to Ganon and use it on him when he knocks away your Master Sword?

lol, sounds kind of tedious. Think I'll try that...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So... ideally you would keep take an intact Giant's Knife to Ganon and use it on him when he knocks away your Master Sword?

lol, sounds kind of tedious. Think I'll try that...
I dunno, does it take more than 8 hits with the Biggoron's sword to knock him out when you loose your master sword...might not be worth it...especially if you actually hit something else or the wrong spot.

If it's stronger, the Giant's Knife probably still isn't strong enough to make that worth the effort.

c3gill

Smash Ace
again issue with that- If you have Biggorons Sword you cannot recieve a Giants Knife, as they occupy the same item slot. However, if you have not done the Biggoron chain- you would have to buy the Giants Knife over and over, as the first one you buy breaks after the 2nd swing, 2nd you buy breaks after 3rd swing, etc.

I dont think all that work (and all the rupees) is worth what you get- Giants Knife is SLIGHTLY more powerful than Biggorons Sword- only slightly.

Just use biggorons sword (or the megaton hammer if your too lazy to get it) on Ganon

Scott!

Smash Lord
I agree with c3gill; I really don't think it's worth the slight extra damage. The hammer and Biggoron Sword work just as well on Ganon. What's the difference in damage even add up to, one hit? Two? It's really not that necessary.

I do have a bias against the Giant's Knife though; the first time I got it, I didn't expect it to be stupid, so I was walking around Goron City swinging it around, and it was broken within 5 minutes. I was not happy. Haven't gotten it since.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I do have a bias against the Giant's Knife though; the first time I got it, I didn't expect it to be stupid, so I was walking around Goron City swinging it around, and it was broken within 5 minutes. I was not happy. Haven't gotten it since.
Yeah, I think everyone's initial reaction was like that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom