• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
if you buy SWF premium you can change your name/title and have your name displayed in green. you can also "prank" a few other users(including yourself) turning their name pink

random thought, what do you think are the odds that nintendo ever makes a game chronicling the fall of hyrule between OoT and WW? I think it could have potential to be amazing(cmon it ends with THE WORLD FLOODING), but I don't think nintendo has it in them to make a game with such an unhappy ending/where the hero fails
The legend in WW states there was no hero around though.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it states no hero appeared because no one defeated ganondorf, failed heroes don't appear in history

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
inb4!!
Actually that'd be really cool/intersting, something defferent of everything we've been playing.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I feel like someone already came up with this idea somewhere. I just forget what it was called. =/

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
But it hasn't been done yet...
I'd imagine Hyrule castle burned to ashes, Prince Zelda and all the royal family dead and the "HERO" runing for his life with just one arm... lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
hyrule castle is still standing in WW so that isn't happening...but a game set in that time period could be so epiiiiic

and I just want to see more of OoT ganondorf, more OoT ganondorf is always good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vAXPRvRJs

best character ever? maybe. it kind of sucks that there's really not that many more places he could reasonably appear, if nintendo has a shred of sanity he won't be in skyward sword and OoT's link to TP is direct, he can only really appear again between OoT and WW(as in, during the fall of hyrule) or if resurrected

edit: actually I remembered they don't detail how he is captured at all between OoT's child ending and TP, they could make a whole other game based on that really. you'd think link would have had to have been involved or else it would have turned out the same as the adult timeline where he was missing and ganondorf took over

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Nintendo has always avoided direct relations of the games to a timeline, so I'd doubt they'd make a game to fill in specific gaps. They just kinda make a game and leave the fans to wonder about the chronology.

Also, seeing as how no hero defeats Ganondorf between OoT and WW, the odds of them making a game centered around that time are pretty close to none. Nintendo loves their happy endings, and fans would absolutely hate to see Link lose. It'd be called one of the worst Zeldas of all time.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree it will never happen because of nintendo's mentality, but I think that's just nintendo, I don't think the fans would automatically hate it

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
You know how zero mission replaces the original metroid in the canon? What if OoT for the 3ds does the same thing to the original OoT?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm sure they might change some plot details to fit more with the newer games. They did this with the remakes of Link to the Past. Changed some of the plot dialogue to have it make more sense now after OoT came out.

etecoon

Smash Hero
really? I'd heard that they only altered the game manual and that there were no significant changes to the games text, I haven't played it though

7 years

Smash Rookie
I'm sure they might change some plot details to fit more with the newer games. They did this with the remakes of Link to the Past. Changed some of the plot dialogue to have it make more sense now after OoT came out.
That's more than enough reason to replay Ocarina of Time for the 11th time :)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
really? I'd heard that they only altered the game manual and that there were no significant changes to the games text, I haven't played it though
Don't just take my word for it as I haven't actually played any LttP besides the original, but I believe they changed all mentions of "wise men" into "sages" and stuff like that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They did change it. Also, the dialog between Link and Zelda suggesting that they are siblings was changed as well. No Star Wars in Zelda!

Speaking of, Spirit Tracks had a very Star Wars-y feel to it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well the plot. The following applies to both ST and Star Wars:

"Old sage trains an apprentice who falls to the dark side as he is corrupted by an evil politician who channels an ancient, dark power. Young boy travels with a princess in a vehicle across the world to defeat the fallen apprentice and upon doing so, turns him. In the last confrontation, the redeemed apprentice gives his life to help defeat the evil chancellor and the dark force within him and it is then that he is spiritually reunited with his mentor and all of his/her fellow sage-like accomplices."

Sorry for being so vague in some of my terminology, but yeah.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Spirit Tracks did have a different feel but a Star Wars feel. It was more like a Harry Potter feel for me. Probably cuz all the train rides and weird magic stuff.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
probably a repost

every post is a repost post

but whatever

it only happened a day ago

Spire

III
BRoomer
There's good and bad Zelda fandom. Despite its flaws, it's pretty cool.

I started working on a "what if" timeline where Ganondorf wins during the events of OoT. Imagine Ganondorf's Hyrule 300 years after OoT. The whole land would be mined and transformed into an acropolitan land, with high temples built in worship of Ganon and used as tributary beacons for him. Grand Emperor Ganon. He's over 300 years old and looks godlike. Din, Nayru, and Farore have been completely erased from religion and Ganondorf has assumed role as the sole Emperor-God. For 300 years he has possessed the Triforce of Power, which has kept him both alive and in pursuit of the other two pieces. This story would take place at this point in time because a new Zelda and Link would be born. Ganon had been awaiting this moment for three centuries. Now, Courage and Wisdom have returned to the world in the form of these two people and they must work together elusively to avoid the confines of the strict Gerudo law, traversing the many temples in worship of Ganon to undo their influence over the oppressed peoples of the land and ultimately undo Ganon.

This would not be a story of saving Hyrule, it would be a story of usurping the law and restoring Hyrule; starting over. From a future historian's point of view, Ganondorf would have been seen as a high-demanding ruler, but one that worked effeciently to advance the land. Never before had Hyrule gone under such arduous, yet beautiful monumental transformation. Great expanses of land would be covered in a hybrid Egyptian-Roman-English style architecture.

etecoon

Smash Hero
sounds very interesting but doesn't WW show that ganon literally can't win? if he actually succeeds in taking over and no one is around that can stop him, they just flood everything

Spire

III
BRoomer
sounds very interesting but doesn't WW show that ganon literally can't win? if he actually succeeds in taking over and no one is around that can stop him, they just flood everything
That's why it takes place in a "what if" timeline. Hence the questioning of the existence and influence of the goddesses. Ganondorf rubs them out of the social eye, but the fact that Link and Zelda are reborn with the other two pieces of the Triforce is a testament to the infinite nature of the rule of three in Hyrule, hence a continual presence of the goddesses, whatever they may be.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There's good and bad Zelda fandom. Despite its flaws, it's pretty cool.

I started working on a "what if" timeline where Ganondorf wins during the events of OoT. Imagine Ganondorf's Hyrule 300 years after OoT. The whole land would be mined and transformed into an acropolitan land, with high temples built in worship of Ganon and used as tributary beacons for him. Grand Emperor Ganon. He's over 300 years old and looks godlike. Din, Nayru, and Farore have been completely erased from religion and Ganondorf has assumed role as the sole Emperor-God. For 300 years he has possessed the Triforce of Power, which has kept him both alive and in pursuit of the other two pieces. This story would take place at this point in time because a new Zelda and Link would be born. Ganon had been awaiting this moment for three centuries. Now, Courage and Wisdom have returned to the world in the form of these two people and they must work together elusively to avoid the confines of the strict Gerudo law, traversing the many temples in worship of Ganon to undo their influence over the oppressed peoples of the land and ultimately undo Ganon.

This would not be a story of saving Hyrule, it would be a story of usurping the law and restoring Hyrule; starting over. From a future historian's point of view, Ganondorf would have been seen as a high-demanding ruler, but one that worked effeciently to advance the land. Never before had Hyrule gone under such arduous, yet beautiful monumental transformation. Great expanses of land would be covered in a hybrid Egyptian-Roman-English style architecture.
As short as it was, this was a very nice and insightful read. I dunno why but I find myself attracted to well-written dystopias of almost any kind. I had ideas to write a short summary of a future world where there are only 10 or so major countries, and then war breaks out. But I liked this. It's nice to see what would happen if Link truly had to conquer a evil which plagued an entire nation, not just some man riding a horse.

Something is very wrong with me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Decided to pop back in for a bit.

And, I had this to share with you guys: A friend of mine showed me this poll, and it really makes me worry about the fate of humanity. As far as Link design concepts, 58% of people prefer his new design, with pants.

What's disturbing about that? Well, 35% prefer the OoT sort of design, where he wears tights.

Anyway, disturbing news aside. That was a good read, Spire. =P

etecoon

Smash Hero
That's why it takes place in a "what if" timeline. Hence the questioning of the existence and influence of the goddesses. Ganondorf rubs them out of the social eye, but the fact that Link and Zelda are reborn with the other two pieces of the Triforce is a testament to the infinite nature of the rule of three in Hyrule, hence a continual presence of the goddesses, whatever they may be.
yeah I suppose this makes sense too lol, this could definitely be really interesting to see how ganondorf would rule hyrule

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
What'd Link do with the triforce of power instead of the courage one that he has?
Would him be like a FDL just by having it...??
Or maybe more...???

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Every time Link kills ganon and he has the triforce of power, it goes back to the sacred realm.

If that's what you're asking about.

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
Hey, a little off topic, but I'm hoping to get a little advice on an OoT minimalist run.

So far, I found that every boss but Bongo Bongo and Ganon can be beaten without the sword. Anyone know how to kill these guys without drawing your sword?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey, a little off topic, but I'm hoping to get a little advice on an OoT minimalist run.

So far, I found that every boss but Bongo Bongo and Ganon can be beaten without the sword. Anyone know how to kill these guys without drawing your sword?
Ganondorf's energy blasts can be deflected with the bottle, and once he's down I believe you can harm him with the Megaton Hammer. I may be wrong. As for Ganon, you have to defeat him with the Master Sword for it's a plot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom