• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Not a funny meme, next. (Current memes attempting to be created fail bad anyways >_<)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I don't think we played any serious matches besides our $1 Luigi ditto MM that I won (if you call that serious). LOL. So I dunno but he plays MK so I probably would have lost lmao.

TheMann

Smash Ace
You all wanna know what works like 99.99999% of the time. Dair, airdodge buffer Up B into opponent. The dair is just bait to make them shield. When u are that close to the opponent their natural reaction is to grab, but Up B comes out so fast that b4 you are grabbed they get shoryuken'd and die.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!!
*star floats by*

So yea since were so inactive maybe next week someone will read this lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
You all wanna know what works like 99.99999% of the time. Dair, airdodge buffer Up B into opponent. The dair is just bait to make them shield. When u are that close to the opponent their natural reaction is to grab, but Up B comes out so fast that b4 you are grabbed they get shoryuken'd and die.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!!
*star floats by*

So yea since were so inactive maybe next week someone will read this lol
I do this vs. Snake a lot, not sure if it's recommended or not but it usually works. yay?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
What about "F*** YEAH SEAKING!"?
That was forced and it's pretty successful.

I think it's funny.
It's not a bad meme, but not an mazing meme :p

Funniest meme is Definatly Weegee though :)

Icyo

Smash Ace
Thinking up creative ways to handle your opponent that no one would ever expect. Making mistakes is something that still happens, but instead of raging at it, learn it. Find a way to prevent it from happening after the first time. Something that's always 100% effective. It's something that becomes much more defined with experience.

I'll add more eventually.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm applying my 'the rule of the three rules' in all my trainings. The name's stupid, but its teaching's great imo. It makes you better (being better is smart, isn't it ? 8D), and you can apply it whatever your skill level is, so you can reuse it infinitely.
I hope it'll help you get an answer, among the infinite number of answers you could gather and that would all be valid. A little psycho stuff is always nice huh =V

The three rules are :
-Train your hands -> nothing should be 'too hard', everything should be 'done on command'. I've lost matches in tourneys cus I messed up moves (sideB instead of B bounce, upB offstage instead of side B, dash attack instead of running fsmash,...). I can tell you, I felt stupid.
-Train your brain -> nothing should be 'unavoidable' or 'unpredictable'. I've lost matches due to raging against an efficient tactic instead of thinking of ways to counter it, or nullify its rewards, and right when it said 'GAME !', I felt stupid because I knew I could easily beat that. But I didn't.
-Train your eyes -> apply the two other rules faster and their impacts will be greater. Granted, reflexes are why most wifi players fail in person, myself included. You feel stupid when you're just a helpless sandbag.

But here's the trick :
-Reflexes are useless without tech skills and experience.
-Tech skills are useless without experience and reflexes.
-Experience is useless without tech skills and reflexes.

Most people are good at one or two out of the three skills :
I often see myself thinking 'oh that dude sure has reflexes, but bad ones' when I watch youtube vids, but when I watch top players, I feel like they excel at all three of them.
And since I suck, I may miss a fourth vital skill. Duh.

Those three skills are DAAAAMMMNNN hard to train. Especially considering you must train all three at once. You can always find tricky ways, but the best one is still going at it, MM as much people as your wallet allows you XD

I really believe in this rule. It explains why being a theorycrafting jerk is bad, why being a cpu ***** is bad, why being a training mode addict is bad, and why being all of it at once is good.

****, don't ask me to post intelligent stuff when I'm overthinking. I've got a super supra hyper mega maths interro tomorrow, and I could write pages =V

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeowch, Luigi's getting a pretty bad rep on here these days, soooo many people on here think he's horrible in Brawl >_<

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I want people to think he's bad so they don't worry about him or practice against him at all, then I come to a tournament and **** them.
That part of people assuming Luigi is bad is awesome :)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Yeowch, Luigi's getting a pretty bad rep on here these days, soooo many people on here think he's horrible in Brawl >_<
Pretty sure all the people that think Luigi is bad are also really horrible at the game. A large number of players (including myself) in my region thinks luigi would be A tier if MK was banned. I'm serious, he would be.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Pretty sure all the people that think Luigi is bad are also really horrible at the game. A large number of players (including myself) in my region thinks luigi would be A tier if MK was banned. I'm serious, he would be.
I agree, MKs the only thing really holding him back...well not 100% sure about A but B tier for sure

TreK

Is "that guy"
Don't assume stuff too fast. Standing infinites are banned at most tourneys here and there are like 50 decent MKs out of the 7-800 European players. I can tell you Luigis aren't any more tourney potent.

When there's no MKs, there are Snakes instead, and Marths to counter the Snakes.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
When there's no MKs, there are Snakes instead, and Marths to counter the Snakes.
But Snake isn't a horribly tough matchup for Luigi like MK...so Luigi would fare pretty well in the tourney scene without MK.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Don't assume stuff too fast. Standing infinites are banned at most tourneys here and there are like 50 decent MKs out of the 7-800 European players. I can tell you Luigis aren't any more tourney potent.

Snake only ***** Luigi if you let yourself get intimidated by his camping and tilt game.It's an even match-up IMO, just don't be a ***** and your chances of winning are so high.

Marth would be the only huge concern if MK was banned.

Any other Luigi mains here think MK SHOULDN'T be banned? Most Luigi players I talk to always whine and ***** about MK, it's gotten annoying hahah.

TreK

Is "that guy"
jab pivot shoryuken? dear god

marth doesn't counter snake it's even
Tell that to the 400 marths. I tried =V

And I love fighting Snakes, don't get me wrong <3
It's the only good thing in playing wifi : you're used to Snake being more-then-god-tier, so offline he feels easy.

BSP

Smash Legend
MK ban would overall help luigi imo. I don't know about you guys, but MK is the only matchup that feels close to the realm of impossible 9i know it's not, but it's so hard). Snake can be done, but the increase in Marths would be the only problem.

IMO snake is even with marth.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Alot of you guys are overhyping luigi too much, you guys need to look at why luigi is considered to be as bad as he is. His matchups are onyl a small part of it.

First point, luigi has an abysmal shield. His shield seems to cover a more oval shape bearing around his body, meaning that his hat comes immediatly into view and is shield poked.

Although you can tilt your shield, it's still an annyoing effect.

His aerial mobility limits his safe approachs in the air, although some of the best characters in the game have poor mobility(DDD and Metaknight), they at least have safe moves in the air, and a great ground game and much more mix up options then luigi. What we need to do i nthis regard if we want to see luigi place as high as he could be (I think luigi is better then the tier list shows, although not by much), we need to start using different approaches other then aerials( not all the time but lets try mixing it up).

Now here's what we need to look at, what is luigi's best ground move, that can cause mixups, lead to combos...

<_<

>_>

*suspense

JAB!

We need to find a way to incorporate jab into our game more so then we're doing now, jab has great speed and low lag and causes a mixup as to whether or not we will grab after wards, continue the jab combo, up b, etc etc.

I was talking to reflex and leanred a little more that luigi sliding jab is his best ground game option, we need to find a way to incorporate that better. I've seen Boss use it subliminally, but it's not enough there is more to delve with that option.

Also Luigi's traction doesn't help at all, it ruins a hope of grabbing oos to punish smashes which is a big problem.

*edit, this is **** we already know I'm sure, but why aren't we doing it?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
We should learn to find setups into up tilted F smash too, that would get kills earlier.

For example, fireball in air, to fastfalled u tilted f smash works sometimes...not too great, but one baby step at a time.

Oh, and also, Yoshi seems to be the only character that Luigi can down throw to aerial up B fairly easily, why is this? I've been able to pull it off alot lately against some Yoshi players.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Also, maybe we can incorparate aerial up B into our game more? Its a distant idea now, but scoring some earlier kills with Luigi in the air would be great. I reccomend d throw to aerial up b on Yoshi, everyone else, not yet.

Top Bottom