• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Stadium is NOT good for Luigi.

:(
i agree with this so heartily i hate that stage with a passion lol, when the transformation happens.. the positioning to being advantage/disadvantage means 2x more :/

First tourny in months next week! Yes!
dude where the **** u been??? havent seen u in forever

talk to me more on aim fool =[

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I sure miss Luigi in low tier melee tournaments...the **** :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
bumped threads been dead for a while now so is the boards

in other news

luigi is so broken with wavedashing in melee

im seconding him and maining falco
He's crazy fun, I also secondary him in Melee. Played him since 2001, son.

Wavedash > dsmash kills everyone's ****
Wavedash>Grab is also great.

He's so sick in Melee, it's unbelievable.

TreK

Is "that guy"
@Title -> what's the point in playing melee if you're not playing melee's high tiered CF ?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi's spin attack in Melee is better then Brawls
Tornado? Seriously? I find tornado in Melee for Luigi not that useful asides from maybe some extra damage since it's impossible to recover with it for me.

Unless it was a error and you meant to put Link, not Luigi. Then yeah that's totally true.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Luigi's Tornado is great for approaching in Melee, though.

But not much else.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi's Tornado is great for approaching in Melee, though.

But not much else.
Thing is, you may as well just wavedash to approach since it's so much more efficiant.

.Marik

is a social misfit
But after a Wavedash you have to initiate another move, which takes more frames and therefore, time.

Yes, it's more efficient, but is also more prone for getting punished in certain situations.

Luigi's Tornado in Melee is great for approaching because of the hitbox.

I personally use Wavedash>FSmash/DSmash for mindgames, but it's still punishable.

Shieldgrabbing exists, but I guess you could say that for every single ground option.

.Marik

is a social misfit
His speed really isn't a problem in Melee, it's Luigi's aerial maneuverability and poor traction that hinder him.

His Wavedashing, killing potential, and Grab/Jab setups make up for some of it.

It's practically the same thing in Brawl, just with less gimmicky options and more Grab/aerial strings.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Lol @ Luigi's tornado being a great approach. I only use it as an approach against Samus, and if I'm sure I'll hit with both hits against Fox/Falco/Falcon at 0%.

Why would ANYONE EVER want to use WD -> Fsmash? That's just terrible and serves no purpose.

Yeah, Luigi's traction hurts when it comes to things like shines. But we've kind of turned it into a positive thing. If you shield against certain moves, you'll slide far enough away that you can WD OoS into something else without receiving further pressure.

As for shield grabbing, a lot of Luigi's approaches come from WDs. If you do it properly, you should go past them if they shield, lol. Sometimes, depending on the situation, you can hit them, slide past, then pivot grab. I usually do this after a jab because a human's first reaction is to shield it.

What jab setups are you talking about? The only possible jab combos is jab into more jabs or Ftilt.

The only moves with reliable kill potential are: Dair, Fair, UpB, Usmash. Otherwise we have to rely on killing offstage (Bair edgeguarding is severely underrated).

Wait...

why am I teaching Brawl players how to play Melee Luigi

.Marik

is a social misfit
D:

I stand corrected.

But I like Tornado'ing, and Wavedash>FSmash has worked fairly well for me. I never said specific moves, just killing potential, and those moves are basically what I meant.

You know your stuff, and I play Luigi in Melee as well, have since 2001.

I never said Wavedashing was bad, I prefer it, but in certain situations, just Tornado. Shieldgrabbing.

:V

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Tornado-ing CAN be a good approach. That's how I took a game off Hugs' Samus at Pound 4. Luigi's fists go through missiles and insta-cancels into jabs/Ftilt or whatever you want.

But Scar beat it very easily.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I never knew that.

I got to leave, I would really like to learn Melee Luigi from you though. :yoshi:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol @ Luigi's tornado being a great approach. I only use it as an approach against Samus, and if I'm sure I'll hit with both hits against Fox/Falco/Falcon at 0%.

Why would ANYONE EVER want to use WD -> Fsmash? That's just terrible and serves no purpose.

Yeah, Luigi's traction hurts when it comes to things like shines. But we've kind of turned it into a positive thing. If you shield against certain moves, you'll slide far enough away that you can WD OoS into something else without receiving further pressure.

As for shield grabbing, a lot of Luigi's approaches come from WDs. If you do it properly, you should go past them if they shield, lol. Sometimes, depending on the situation, you can hit them, slide past, then pivot grab. I usually do this after a jab because a human's first reaction is to shield it.

What jab setups are you talking about? The only possible jab combos is jab into more jabs or Ftilt.

The only moves with reliable kill potential are: Dair, Fair, UpB, Usmash. Otherwise we have to rely on killing offstage (Bair edgeguarding is severely underrated).

Wait...

why am I teaching Brawl players how to play Melee Luigi
because l want to be a pro melee and brawl luigi =] and so my awesome melee pro skills will be carried over to brawl thus making me pro even more D:

is luigi any good in melee anyway?
well overall hes really the same, esp weaknesses, poor aerial movement, poor range, traction hurting him sorta, but melee is just abit more techanical compared to brawl

Top Bottom