• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Good **** Boss. :O I noticed one thing that you did in that match that may ironically help out in the Snake match-up. Rising Cyclone on the ground seemed to get you pretty high up. Seems like another good way to edge-guard Snake Imo.

Famous

Smash Champion
Nah, I looked closely at the match....Idk if you were being nice or cautious but..there were so many occasions where you could have UpB'ed him earlier on that last stock...

First stock was a toss up, 2nd stock was pretty solid, 3rd stock was rhape considering the combo + upB opportunities

Btw, what happened to that DThrow-Fair-Fair set-up you use to do? That **** works depending on how fast your opponents reaction speed is. 0-40% its pretty much good, not to mention you can AC then 2nd Fair if you do it fast enough and pivot grab afterwards

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Wolf does better against snake than luigi does.
why would u even use wolf in first place, wolfs trash lol he barely covers luigis other bad matchups better off using snake dittos or mk time him out lol

I just lose to pretty much every snake in washington, even people who don't main him and just play him for lulz. I think a big part of it is that I get incredibly frustrated at brawl whenever I play against Snake simply because of how ******** his moves are, I mean Sakurai wasn't even fricking trying, ughhh.

Wolf does really good against Snake actually... Reflector and laser help against snakes super gay campiness, and bair has some nice range to deal with his gayness as well.

And Yoshq was that match online or did you really get ally to play you IRL?
u gotta stop thinking that, even tho its insanely hard not to think how gay brawl and sakurai is, u still needa focus on the match, ignore the fact that sakurai gave snake's utilt's hitbox the size of a ****, when ur playing, a top rule thing is to never get frustrated and keep ur cool i mean luigis jab1 is the only reason why he can keep up with Snake's CQC game..

also in other news

my first top 7.. in a tourney... :]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261061

mad vids recordedddd.. l need help with peach lol.. had to fight my crewmate/friend in losers.. luigi vs mario is DBZ style..

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I need matchup tips.

What do you guys know about zss and falco? I mean I know both matchups fairly well but I'm sure there are tips and tricks I'm just not privy to.

Spill it. Pretty please?

yoshq

Smash Master
falco crawl under lazers then roll and spot dodge until you can land an uptilt

if the falco starts jab spamming then this won't work, but usually they are more concerned about getting a cg, and this works well against that.

yoshq

Smash Master
i haven't experienced a falco being able to hit me on the ground crouching at all as long as he does the sh lazer... but I haven't tested it or anything, maybe i'm wrong

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Yeah, sh double lazer we can duck under, and we can approach by walking forward and occanzionaly ducking to avoid the second laser. However, Falco's can change the timing of their sh double lazer to hit us while we crouch, most do not do that cause I think it might be frame perfect to get it that way, not sure though. If Falco shoots lazers just standing, it WILL hit, end of story so shield.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So, I was thinking of dropping vBrawl.

Then I decided I was going to go Yoshi and Snake.

However, I'm not familiar with Snake, aside from Brawl+ because DACUS and hitstun are too good in that game, and I thought... Luigi.

I mained him in Melee and always had him as a secondary in Brawl, but I neglected him for an extensive period of time due to me using pure Yoshi in order to advance his metagame.

Well, I'm going Luigi and Yoshi now in tournaments, we'll see how I do at LBT2, wish me luck.

Also, who here lives near the Canadian/American border? Maine, New York, Detroit?

We're hosting a tournament in Toronto, it'd be sick to see lots of OoC competition. That is all.

I will link if people are interested.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'm in Nova Scotia, depends when it is though. A few weekends I've got booked already since I'm cruising to Newfoundland and some other place LOL.

Would be nice to hit up a tourny out of the NS region though.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just used Luigi for the first time in an actual tournament, vs. an Olimar in pools.

I SD'd twice under Stadium's lips and lost.

Am I a legit WEEGEE now?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Everyone has to come to this though:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257434

If Crash or anybody shows up I won't be the only Luigi there.
That's count's tournament right? Of couse I'll be there, count's my boy.

Stadium is fine for weeg. You just gotta hold up and towards the ledge and you'll get back to it. Plus the windmill convinces lots of characters that it's a great idea to stand right beside luigi (hint: it's a terrible idea).

TreK

Is "that guy"
Well, I'm going Luigi and Yoshi now in tournaments, we'll see how I do at LBT2, wish me luck.
You really like getting ***** by Marth, don't you ? You should think about reconsidering your sexual preferences.
JK, that's my way to wish you good luck =V

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Hey, I came close, even with two SDs. >.>;

For all of my bad matchups, Oli's the only one who makes me feel totally helpless, so I picked up Weegee to help me out with it.

Now, if I could just teach myself to recover correctly with him...

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I came close, even with two SDs. >.>;

For all of my bad matchups, Oli's the only one who makes me feel totally helpless, so I picked up Weegee to help me out with it.

Now, if I could just teach myself to recover correctly with him...
just wait to recover ur better off under then next to the stages that downB is your best friend

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So today on a Ness friend of mine I fireballed into a fastfall up tilted F smash...

Lame two hit combo I know >_<

Top Bottom