• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi is **** at doubles. I enjoy doubles just as much as singles at this point, but I need a consistent partner. Sucks teaming with random people each time. Also good matches boss, I always love your matches with pyronic star. Good team, fun to watch you guys destroy top tier teams :laugh:

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
best way to kill your partner, have your partner attempt to do a fsmash but fatally miss only because your other partner, killed you with a charging fsmash lollll

what were u thinking azen? lmfao.

i'm mad that at lethal %s, rolling works lol xD.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So yeah I don't suppose that any Luigi other than me happens to use a wiichuk, but could someone explain instant item throwing to me?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Scatt, have you set up the cross thingy on your wiichuck as smashes ?
If not, it's just shield+a+direction, I don't get why it would be harder :V
Csticking your cross helps because just like for earials with c stick, you can space with it.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why is it that Luigi is my best character, but I always want to use someone else for some reason? I like him a lot, but his airspeed can get annoying...but the bair is too good.

Luigi boards are dead :/

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
@Mario, Because Luigi kicks ***. His airspeed is good for combos and his bair is beastly. I think you wanna use someone else because of his slide.

BSP

Smash Legend
@Mario, Because Luigi kicks ***. His airspeed is good for combos and his bair is beastly. I think you wanna use someone else because of his slide.
lol IDK, people tell me Luigi is my best, I'm just weird i guess. I'm not really annoyed by his slide, it's actually somewhat usefull (Bair to walking dsmash)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Luigis jab cancels are amazing.... But I can never get the first jab in when should I throw out a jab... on my other characters I never really had to use one so meh

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Once you figure how to work him hes actually fast.

Jab, Nado, an double or trip aerials into a jab...

Fast. An thats what you should revolve your game around. Those 2 timed right makes him insane on execution speed. Also... up-B.

Abuse the slide. Just use it as a pressure tool. Your opponent pushes you away, but you manage to just get closer...an closer...an closer...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
so i 3 stocked bumm's dk in tourney in game 1, with luigi.

discuss?

/still lost the set crying T>T
Well once you get into DK with Luigi in boxing range, DK's screwed. Promblem is...getting into that range, as DK can keep you at bay with his.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
i was on fire lol, like dk can't do much if luigi's is spoton on his powershielding game XD and u just gotta keep juggling him and expose his crappy landing options... although i do prefer mario in the matchup but that coulda been why i lost in game 3 cause i switched to him sadly lol.

i got 2 stocked in game 2 with luigi so i said eff it lol

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Against DK you have to realize that camping isn't that great of a strategy, his bair will eventually find you... So I play pretty aggressive with tornado and air combos. Uair ***** everything DK has in the air... And hes a fatty so if you don't get the early UpB I like to save Bthrow or Utilt

Pony

Smash Apprentice
With the Up-B, you can use it again no matter when you're hit, with the Cyclone, you have to be hit during the animation to be able to use it again, correct?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yo dudes, YoshQ *****.

I think you all knew that though, I just played him in some wifi friendlies. =D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
merry christmas

hope santa gives you all the shoryukens u need for those bloody mks :)

edit: i was bored and i took a look at my recent tourneys from feb 09 to now and counted how many chars/times i have lost to that same char and fought in tourney.

Characters l lost to so far in tourney since Feb09 Lucario 4 times, Lucas 3 times, Falcon 2 times, GaW 2 times, Snake 3 times, Falco 2 times, D3 2times,Sonic 2 times, Rob 2 times, MK 2 times, wolf/diddy/olimar/dk 1 time. FML

WIGI

Smash Champion
my 7 year old brothe beat my in wii bowling..

si i staretd training him in brawl.

2nd game, he was playing against a lvl 4 link.

he shryoukened him.

witch was cool and all.. but then

he taunted.

im so proud, cuz i didn;lt even show him how to taunt.

Top Bottom