• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

yoshq

Smash Master
anyone know how to beat Falco? If you could explain it in 2-3 sentences that would be so gold.
when he tries to cg you, utilt or jab grab him, when he lasers crawl, when he tries to upsmash spot dodge, when he tries to fsmash get out of there... this forces him to approach with air moves or spam, then you got him.

EDIT: I actually do know what I'm talking about, YoshQ isn't comparable to bossss or biglooou
nappy is just being dumb, since he played me offline

napZzz

Smash Hero
I was just joking. lol. I dont think he's on boss or biglou's level but who's better than yoshQ after that mwhahaha

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ya'll underestimate Blayde thar, his videos look amazing. He's literally the only Luigi main who MASTERED the dair spike. He even combos from 0 to a flaming uppercut and death for the opponent in one of his vids I think :p

WIGI

Smash Champion
i usd to have it mastered, still kinda do (only backlside, not front, whereas as blayd uses frontside more)

but there are just WAY more practicle ways of killing people......

and im not talking about taunts this time...sorta.

but really i saw that spiking got old in videos so i strived for cooler looking things.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The way I space, D-air spiking is not a viable option for me. The spacing to pull it off involves taking a positional risk.

Lew

Smash Cadet
The way I space, D-air spiking is not a viable option for me. The spacing to pull it off involves taking a positional risk.
Yeah i was gonna say something along the lines of that. It seems that the D-air is a good tool but when using it to spike you would have to set it up because of the way you have to position yourself with it. Kind of like Marth D-air i suppose??

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You basically have to have just your d*ck or your *** touching your opponent in order to D-air spike...if you ask me, that's a little too uncomfortably close for me to want to go there. Marth's D-air spike is unviable for a different reason...because when you whiff it, he's bent over for like at least half a second asking to be *****.

After all, the real reason I use D-air is for baiting and shield pressure, and stopping ground approaches.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
you just can't see boss's level on youtube. when you watch on youtube on his videos, it's like wow that's not bad, total badass shoryuken. but when u ACTUALLY WATCH IT IN PERSON BEHIND THE SCENES WATCHING BOSS DOING WORK AGAINST ADHD/SNAKEEE (dubz friendlies, l still love you two <33) then it's like wow, ok Boss is obviously mastered luigi.

im a ****** for not playing him though =[

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
whenever i'm feeling down on the webz, i proceed to All is Brawl where my e-**** is sucked by the many fanboys who await me there.

you guys should go get yourselves some meatriders on AiB, they're a dime a dozen these days.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I need help...from everyone...
should I switch to luigi?
I have been playing Ness for a while now
he's been my favorite character since 64 and also i've loved earthbound from before then so he is my heart
but lately i've been considering
I try so hard with Ness and I do every single AT for him but I guess just because there are many characters with so many advantages towards him
I'm torn

I was considering luigi
as in I always liked him alot too
but I hate being those people that say they have 7 mains and can main random cause it sounds cocky and annoying..-_-

I just feel like I would have a greater chance against the higher tiers with him..
against most other characters with him
ahhh
help me

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Main em both. Problem solved. maining two characters in fine, it's not like 7 or anything :p

If you reeealy need to main just one though, viabilty wise Luigi is better...

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
because I feel like it's always one or the other
i might do both..

i just want to keep my self respect while being able to fend off the higher tiers..
instead of hitting the MK panic button like everyone else did.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Oh God yes.
Try making a footstool combo that has had close to 3,000 people see it and then have every n00b challenge you. -_-
It gets very annoying.

try have 3ish videos that have over 30,000 views., and every noob challenge you. and ask what song it is, when its in the title of the video, and is a famous song -.-

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I need help...from everyone...
should I switch to luigi?
I have been playing Ness for a while now
he's been my favorite character since 64 and also i've loved earthbound from before then so he is my heart
but lately i've been considering
I try so hard with Ness and I do every single AT for him but I guess just because there are many characters with so many advantages towards him
I'm torn

I was considering luigi
as in I always liked him alot too
but I hate being those people that say they have 7 mains and can main random cause it sounds cocky and annoying..-_-

I just feel like I would have a greater chance against the higher tiers with him..
against most other characters with him
ahhh
help me

Don't main luigi unless its for the love of luigi. Luigi is slow as balls and an overall pretty garbage character. If you really hate being a top tier that much and want to be able to win? Play...Pit?

The one thing luigi has going for him? He's ****ing awesome.

Oh God yes.
Try making a footstool combo that has had close to 3,000 people see it and then have every n00b challenge you. -_-
It gets very annoying.
The fact that you actually have fanboys makes me really consider quitting this game. The fact that you'd come to the luigi boards for no reason other than to gloat that openly? And who are you calling a noob? Go to one tournament ever pl0x or shut the **** up.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Don't main luigi unless its for the love of luigi. Luigi is slow as balls and an overall pretty garbage character. If you really hate being a top tier that much and want to be able to win? Play...Pit?

That's what I mean. I love Luigi. I work at a store called GameZone in Orlando Florida., I've been working there with my little brother all through out highschool. Me and him would dress up as Mario and Luigi and Dance in the street with a sign to try and advertise our business, so i've always been a huge fan. I was just promoted to work the register inside a few months ago, but I love that suit. Luigi is awesome. That's why I was thinking about it..
I guess I might just move up to 2 characters then..
Thanks

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
LuigiKing is actually the best Luigi. He just plays in the toughest region on Earth, so his placements don't look as impressive as Boss.
[/Inui]

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I got another one of the best kills in friendlies ever.

Powershielded BOTH hits of Sheik's F-smash -> up-B.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Slow as balls yes, garbage, no.

Aw don't suggest Pit, Pit's the adolesecent teen who's balls havn't dropped yet >_<. Yeah, if you really hate being a top tier that much and want to be able to win (Which IS possible with Luigi albeit tough) Play Lucario or Olimar :D

And it's epic baiting Game and Watchs to bucket fireballs then Up B em, which Is how I score most of my kills against em X(.

I feel like listing random ratios for some top tiers :p

MK: 70 MK
Marth: 60 or 65
Game and Watch: 65

Those are his hardest matchups, with Marth and Game and Watch actually winnable in some regards. Anything and everything that isn't MK...is beatable, even if their tough :p

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
LuigiKing is actually the best Luigi. He just plays in the toughest region on Earth, so his placements don't look as impressive as Boss.
[/Inui]
By Inui logic I must be the best luigi! I'm glad this was brought up because the luigi boards don't know how much better I am than they are even though I still lose. =p Also praxis I'm picking up pika for some dumb matchups :D Like D3 once bojay starts infiniting me, and for MK :D

Also for the last time G/W isn't that bad and jab -> upB is super easy to land on him and it kills at like 2%.

Lastly, I 100000% agree with cr4sh that people who brag about winning online or making combo videos are fricking ********. Thats why I don't like wigi, he brags about not winning in a bad region and makes excuses for it, then defends it by saying he can taunt spike. WTF? He might be our dark.pch?

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh, we should do gaw next week in matchup stuff
I'm not going to comment though, I've only faced gaws on wifi this far...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
praxis show me some wc peachs

ec peachs is all they do is spam fair hoping to hit lololol

and by inui logic, i'm assuming luigiking is a SINGLES GOD looooooooooooooooooool <333.

my only bragging is that i can **** with powershielding and be freestyling g@y in friendlies....

everything else, l suck in (but working on it lol.)

edit: Boss vs ADHD, game 2, game 3 is somewhere there from the tourney l met him in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFTuWeb6lIA

exactly high level play we need, l'm gonna post my input in match later on.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Boss' Luigi from my experience is definitely a notch above the rest, if only b/c he's so ridiculously smart and great at reading/setting up ****. I've only ever played Southwest Luigi's aside from him, though, so I don't know on the whole. I hope BigLou comes to WHOBO though, so I can play him there (and we'd team <3)

napZzz

Smash Hero
where the vids at :3 I wanna see 2 of my favorite players go at it.

edit. NVM already found it xD i'm dumb

ADHD

Smash Hero
i know i can beat ADHD i just didnt feel like playing no johns though......he is mad esy to read....i just wasnt hyped....
Dude, in case you didn't notice I was playing badly that entire day LOL. All I was doing was autopiloting fair.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
WTF? He might be our dark.pch?
LOL xD
Oh, we should do gaw next week in matchup stuff
I'm not going to comment though, I've only faced gaws on wifi this far...
I will be doing Olimar next for sure. I remember Peach being requested as well so I'll probably do her too. I'll keep G&W in mind though.

Top Bottom