• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
lolol that sucks big time. doesn't he have any friends who could drive him?

So I wanted to see what people have to say about Luigi advanced techniques. I know a few but they are completely useless in actual battle.

B!squick

Smash Master
Okay, I'm totally taking an extended break from Brawl.

Now, I don't know how good or bad the Luigi/Jigglypuff match up is, and I tend to be a terrible player anyway, but I can't do **** against Jigglypuff with Weegee...

But just to make the match that much more magical we played on Bridge of Eldin. Which meant LOTS of LOTS of NeutralB spam I couldn't punish or even avoid too well and aerial **** on the few occasions the hole appeared.

:U

**** this game.

NNID
Budget_Player
Okay, I'm totally taking an extended break from Brawl.

Now, I don't know how good or bad the Luigi/Jigglypuff match up is, and I tend to be a terrible player anyway, but I can't do **** against Jigglypuff with Weegee...

But just to make the match that much more magical we played on Bridge of Eldin. Which meant LOTS of LOTS of NeutralB spam I couldn't punish or even avoid too well and aerial **** on the few occasions the hole appeared.

:U

**** this game.
Shieldgrab? :V

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
lol a simple dair nair utilt uilt to jabupb = possibly around 34% = death.

she's that bad... too bad Wario jacked her spotlight so sad :(
Jiggs is a joke. the most annoying thing for me is the fact that her aerial momentum makes her land behing you all the time.

After a while, I just started Bairing OoS to counter that. That stupid Forward B slap thingy still has over 9000 priority, so I try not to get hit by it that much.

Recover high. If you're under stage level, using Luigi Cyclone to get back up, a good Jiggs will Fair you out of it because of the ridiculous disjointed hitbox or wait onstage to Sh Rest you during your cyclone's endlag. Cyclone - Missile > Missile - Cyclone.

As stated previously, Jiggs dies at damage levels so low, it's hilarious. Try counterpicking Halberd for even more lulz because the hazards kill her sooner than you and the ceiling is low while the walls are O.K.

Jigglypuff's Neutral B is actually pretty crappy once you get used to it, punish it with Shoryuken or Fsmash if you,re pretty sure it will hit, or if you're leading by 1+ stock(s) and can afford to take the risk, otherwise, just shield and jump before she comes back for the other direction.

That's pretty much all I had to add.

Oh I remember playing a Jiggs on Corneria once, (back when it was legal) and I was spacing with retreating Fireballs. After landing about three, I Dair > Nair > Shoryuken'd her and she died at like 56, AFTER the Shoryuken. Epic lulz.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yes, Puff is so bad, even **I** have given up on her. (Check social groups.)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Lol at my new signature:

Luigis f-air: Were going to make kills better....one slap at a time

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i got banned for 2 hours

the power of pedo was with me
Dang it, I missed it, you must had done something epic to. T_T

Sad news is that I play Mario better than Luigi for some reason, I need more practice... much more practice.

Classicrf

Smash Rookie
These all require very precise timing, even the fireball, I think Jigg's rollout is too fast for Luigi's fballs. I usually jump and then do a close to the ground aerial back kick, but that gets a little predictable.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah smash attacks stop rollout but even that is a little risky because if u mess up the timing you'll get hit

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
While I came to this thread with another question in mind, I did ironically have a peculiar experience with rollout just before getting on the computer.

It's possible I didn't see it correctly, but I tried to stop a rollout while it was charging with fireball spam. Jigglypuff appeared to go directly past a fireball that was still on the field; it could have been that she went right as one died out, but I think the next fireball still would have been there in that scenario. Perhaps jigglypuff can go under a fireball at the top of it's "loop"? I was surprised when I saw it happen, but I haven't been playing weegee for more than a few days, so I can't be sure.

-Question:
I recently started playing Luigi for interest in a character different from what I usually play. Weegee's got a hella lot of power, but one of the problems I run into is getting his up-angle fsmash off quickly. Maybe there's some trick to using it with the C-stick I don't know about, but I usually end up almost charging it for a moment, which makes it difficult to hit with. I'd like to aim for those low% kills as much as possible, but I find that I end up having to duke it out until higher % where most characters kill anyway.

I guess in general what I'm asking is two things:
-Easy/faster method to get the up-fsmash out
-Advice for gauging which kill move when / planning on getting kills early with one move or waiting for more options

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol at my new signature:

Luigis f-air: Were going to make kills better....one slap at a time
LALALAOAOLOLAOLOLAOOLAOLAOOLAOLLAOLAOOLALOOLOLLOLOOLOLOLOLOL
horray luigi is popular
He always was an will be. Just takes a gifted mind to play him properly.

AS my tech skill in melee increases, so does my Luigis skill increases in melee.

Idk about brawl, I think Im losing the sense of what to do in certain situations due to me not playing as much...

But in melee, my luigi looks like the brawl luigi, much faster, with wave dash OOS options xD

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Only recently I started using Luigi and I like how fast he is in the air (cuz he's a pedo). Once the air combos start they don't stop.

Question: Is there any good way of approaching? I have a really hard time with it.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Only recently I started using Luigi and I like how fast he is in the air (cuz he's a pedo). Once the air combos start they don't stop.

Question: Is there any good way of approaching? I have a really hard time with it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220883

The only sticky on this board ToC, you will learn to love it and **** it and as well as learning how to **** with Luigi.

Have fun.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Sheth said:
-Question:
I recently started playing Luigi for interest in a character different from what I usually play. Weegee's got a hella lot of power, but one of the problems I run into is getting his up-angle fsmash off quickly. Maybe there's some trick to using it with the C-stick I don't know about, but I usually end up almost charging it for a moment, which makes it difficult to hit with. I'd like to aim for those low% kills as much as possible, but I find that I end up having to duke it out until higher % where most characters kill anyway.

-Advice for gauging which kill move when / planning on getting kills early with one move or waiting for more options
1)Fsmash with cstick and right after, hold up on the control stick
2)Duh... UpB kills between 50 and 60 most characters, Fsmash up starts killing lightweights at 90, dsmash and usmash around 130.
Down taunt kills at 0 :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
For using a tilted f-smash,I usually after using an aerial or an air dodge, I til the stick like if I am going to use a tilt. I then use the c-stick for the f-smash.

Magus420

Smash Master
The initial hit directly behind on the u-smash is stronger and kills considerably earlier and closer to the 100-120 area. I tend to try to save it if I can against some of the characters that are tough to land the f-smash/up-B on when they start getting past low damages. The deceptively long range behind you and OoS usage make it a pretty reliable kill to have when you need it.

N-air (usually isn't fresh unless you recently died) and then normal u-smash usually come in around like 115-135 or so.

If they make it to like 130-145ish a fresh u-tilt is pretty easy to land and will kill depending on weight/stage. If jab->d-smash works on the character you could also use that for an easy way to land the d-smash kill around then, though against those characters my d-smash is usually way too stale at that point since I use it to build damage and jabs are relatively easy to land. You can also jab->grab to b-throw just after that range too.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Hold joystick Up, C-stick in the direction you wish to ****.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220883

The only sticky on this board ToC, you will learn to love it and **** it and as well as learning how to **** with Luigi.

Have fun.
This.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I put in Brawl for the first time in a while, got bored after 20 minutes. Which sucks, because I have a tournament next month with a lot of moolah on the line.

Ooooon the plus side, I <3333 Melee.

Sorry if I'm inactive for a bit :/

TheMann

Smash Ace
I been playing Smash 64 ever since I lost my brawl copy lol. Luigi is too good in that one too. He can ping his up - b in the air and it has an arch on it. Too good!!!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I been playing Smash 64 ever since I lost my brawl copy lol. Luigi is too good in that one too. He can ping his up - b in the air and it has an arch on it. Too good!!!
Dair > Shoryuken works if you didn't hit the ground yet (also works if you hit the ground but you have to shield cancel it and space it well lol)

Top Bottom