• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I love theater. Before I graduated high school, I recieved a blue cord for dedicating enough hours as a Thespian. Yay for theater. Which school are you going to?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
All the tournies I have been to I have done well as well but I just need to go to more. Theatre and school really eat up my life haha. Anyways, finals are done in a week or two for me but we could help each other stay active in the community.

@Pidge: Signing you up for the Ness crew battle?
might as well if anyone in the top 5 doesn't show up

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love theater. Before I graduated high school, I recieved a blue cord for dedicating enough hours as a Thespian. Yay for theater. Which school are you going to?
CCA so right in the smack dab middle of Aurora. Then transferring to UNC for their performing arts school. You?

@Pidge: Aiiight. What we have from Lucas' is probably going to be Pink/Mekos/FAE/Myself(unless I will sit out to organize the battle) and someone else if we have someone. I believe Shaky is going and idk about FOW.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I go to the University of Colorado Denver, right in the middle of Downtown. However CCA is actually close to my home. Well i still live with my parents since I dont have enough to move out on my own yet and because dorms are too expensive. I get decent refund checks though :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Good golly, all our top Lucases going? And Nesses, too? Man, I'll have so many people to cheer on! GO you guys!

Also, can't wait to see more of FAE's Lucas, I haven't seen it in a while. :o

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Red X is going for like 1 day so depending on when the crew battle is he'll likely want to join

If FOW or Coney or Vicegrip or Red X aren't able to participate I'll join up. I'm pretty bad but it's not like we have a ton of nesses :p

Jamwa

Smash Champion
dont know whats happening, but i <3 u all

also i can do almost every tech lucas has except dustersliding and that weird wavebouncing stuff hyutter does

Coney

Smash Master
namesearched into a discussion about theatre???? SO hype

i'm an actor in the baltimore/DC metro area

also ness/lucas crew battle? i am DEFINITELY in there

let me talk to pink about it

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
*Gasp* I love poetry. It's what I do in my spare time or when I'm bored. I still somewhat remember the satanic six though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
it's so nice to see the Lucas boards not dead. :p

Also jamwa you've made me slightly more afraid of your Lucas. Aww well.

oh guys i started up my wii today and IT WORKED! Huzzah!!!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I go to the University of Colorado Denver, right in the middle of Downtown. However CCA is actually close to my home. Well i still live with my parents since I dont have enough to move out on my own yet and because dorms are too expensive. I get decent refund checks though :)
I was actually originally supposed to go to UCD but then I saw that UNC had the best performing arts college in CO so I had to go there. And i am living with the rents still as well. Money just needs to come in haha.

namesearched into a discussion about theatre???? SO hype

i'm an actor in the baltimore/DC metro area

also ness/lucas crew battle? i am DEFINITELY in there

let me talk to pink about it
Why did we not talk more when I was actually in MD?

And alright I'll add ya to the list, Coney.

j SAYS he loves theatre but he doesn't even like poetry like wtf
Certain poetry is just not for me. I love dark poetry and slam poetry as well. Mean T-B >:[

RED X!!!!! <3 First guy I ever brawled :3 haven't seen him in ages! J! I better see you on the top Lucas list soon :3
Trying to get there. If I keep up the momentum I have had recently, I may be able to get that #5 spot I have been envying.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Ahh... I see. What you said is true. Had a few people I knew in theater go to that school. I hope the rent is going well for you.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I think he means better. :) (I hope...)

I know this may be a bit early, but what are your plans for the holidays everyone?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Just as an update for Apex:

This is what the Lucas vs. Ness crew battle is looking like.

Team :lucas:

Pink, Mekos, FAE, J

Team :ness2:

Shaky, Coney, Red X, Pidge

This looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.

Jamwa

Smash Champion

Pink, Mekos, FAE, J

hype
vids pls :D

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123

Pink, Mekos, FAE, J

lmbo! fyi Fow might be going...u know the best ness. Edit: contender I guess. Shaky is more active. Give credit where credit is due.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
any lucases want to team at apex?
I'd love to team with a Ness if you would have me, Pidge. It's actually the team I do out here in CO the most (besides ZSS recently) but my partner has stopped playing brawl.

@Mekos: I think someone said on the Ness boards that he won't be able to make it. Otherwise, he'd deffo be on there.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'll practice my Ness again and do my best not to let you down! :bee:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha as long as we are having fun Pidge, we will be 100% fine. Hopefully I won't let you down either! XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The Lucas Boards have changed soooooooooooo much.

Theatre? Slam Poetry? Coney!??!?!?!

This pleases me.
OATS!!! Hey man! The Lucas boards HAVE changed! We're active and optimistic now! We're also having crew battles with Ness and all the best players are going. Guys, I have never looked forward so much as I am now to this Apex. Sooooo much hype!!! :D

Oh and I did something weird yesterday!!! I was versing a random CPU Jigglypuffg and she uses sing out of nowhere. I try to punish with a dash attack... and hit her but also go to sleep and slide across the REST (I made that caps to emphasize my point, but hey the pun is good too!) of the stage with the sleep bubbles trying to catch up to me! I mean I thought you just stopped when you went to sleep? I was in the middle of Dash attack, funnily enough when it happened all that was going through my head was "Hey this almost looks like a DACUS, except Lucas goes to sleep instead of U-smashing!

Weird, weird, weird. I got it on vid though so i'm gonna send it to Jamwa when he feels like receiving my vids for a combo vid.

Anyway, I'm BACK IN SYDNEY and am super optimistic. Hype for a possible (maybe) future tournament!

Last thing, guys we NEED to make a community combo vid. Also I think it should be both PSI brothers since we're promoting PSI togetherness and all that. I've definitely got some vids i'm absolutely happy to contribute. You guys up for this?

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah that's a known thing... it's an odd property of Jigglypuff's Sing. If the sleep status interrupts a move where the animation causes a quick forward movement (like Lucas' dash attack... it can also be seen with Bowser's f-smash), some of that forward momentum is preserved as the character falls asleep. I believe in most cases, the distance you slide can change based on when in the animation you're interrupted.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey J, what name did you register with at Apex? Was going to add you as my teammate =p

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
OATS!!! Hey man! The Lucas boards HAVE changed! We're active and optimistic now! We're also having crew battles with Ness and all the best players are going. Guys, I have never looked forward so much as I am now to this Apex. Sooooo much hype!!! :D

Oh and I did something weird yesterday!!! I was versing a random CPU Jigglypuffg and she uses sing out of nowhere. I try to punish with a dash attack... and hit her but also go to sleep and slide across the REST (I made that caps to emphasize my point, but hey the pun is good too!) of the stage with the sleep bubbles trying to catch up to me! I mean I thought you just stopped when you went to sleep? I was in the middle of Dash attack, funnily enough when it happened all that was going through my head was "Hey this almost looks like a DACUS, except Lucas goes to sleep instead of U-smashing!

Weird, weird, weird. I got it on vid though so i'm gonna send it to Jamwa when he feels like receiving my vids for a combo vid.

Anyway, I'm BACK IN SYDNEY and am super optimistic. Hype for a possible (maybe) future tournament!

Last thing, guys we NEED to make a community combo vid. Also I think it should be both PSI brothers since we're promoting PSI togetherness and all that. I've definitely got some vids i'm absolutely happy to contribute. You guys up for this?
I have clips I can send.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have clips I can send.
Mmm, good, good! :D

Come to think of it, we should take the clip from Mekos vs. Gluttony where PKT2 interrupts his fart. <3

@T-Block: Ah I see. it looked so cool and weird at the same time.

Oh btw guys I did a thunderslide kill except I didn't kill myself. Instead of even tapping down on the control stick I took the extra time to let PKT go around me to propel me back on stage, just in time to hit DK with the starting explosion and stage spike him.

Looked really cool, even if it WAS a CPU.

EDIT: Guys, I found a way to get my pictures from my comp to here without photobucket! Huzzah! (Actually I just made an account on Imageshack... :( ). I'm gonna put three up, basically I'd love them redone. Whether you want to do them in colour or not is fine. :D I've also put them up on the Ness and SSB4 BR boards so i'll let you know if anyone from there takes them on. Then again, I don't mind a few people doing the same thing at once! So here they are, with little descriptions after them to detail changes or thoughts I have on them.

This would be my worst one... and Lucas is only saying "PK fire" because you might mistake it for something else. Obviously more detail needs to be added to the entire stage, too. Now, if you can get Lucas to the point where it's pretty obvious he's using PK fire, don't include the quote. Also, something's wrong with Ness there, too, and i'm not quite sure what it is... maybe his feet are at the wrong angle or something.

This would be my best out of the three... Basically all you need to know about this one is that the curvy lines around Ike's sword and Diddy's peanut are just representing that those objects are spinning through the air leaving a trail of wind as they spin. Feel free to make that however you'd do it.

This one is okay... but what makes it special is that it's perhaps the one I most want work done on. There's obvious improvement there but I can leave that to you guys to check out. Basically the thing for this picture is that it can have an alternate form: Instead, have Lucas and Ness' hands together in a clap (basically Ness' hand is in the same position as Lucas' and they're clapping) with magical sparks around Ness' hand and magical pentagons around Lucas' hand.

So those are the ones i'd love to see redone. Let me know if you want to try your hand at them. :D

Top Bottom