• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Wait,there's a skype group here???
and it's dead???make a new one,we have a lot of new users,and that'll be alive if I'm there!

Tikao

Smash Ace
ok , I've done something weird ...
i got air-released and did a zair-jump / zair zapjump (don't even know , how it's called xD) by just randomly mashing out of the IC cg ... i don't even know how to perform a zair-jump xD ... anyway , know the weird thing ... i just zair-jumped out instantly without any air-release lag ... just in frame 1 of the air-release , where you can't do anything
did anyone knows how i performed this?

if it's something new , it would be awesome against some air-release stuff ... but i don't think you could perform it without random luck ... it depends on your mashing when you got air-released and then instantly perform an zair-jump on like frame 1 or 2 or whatever , don't know how it worked exactly , just in the first frames with air-release-lag-frames or whatever ... the point is it would be useless or you must be VERY good ... or lucky like me

we played without of hacks , so we can't record it :( ... so i don't know if you believe me , but this was real ... don't even know how to perform it exactly , so it was the first and last time , i've done this

anyway the real question ... how is that possible O.o

T-block

B2B TST
was it on PS1 or something? i'm pretty skeptical... no inputs are taken for a lot of frames once the air release begins, so nothing you input should matter.

but if the grab was broken by something different than the standard grab break, like the floor drop in a ps1 during a transformation, that might be different? although there are recovery frames for that break as well.

Tikao

Smash Ace
it was on bf just normaly on the ground ... and that's what i don't understand , it shouldn't take any inputs ... maybe i buffered the zair-jump 10 frames before i got air-released ... it's just weird

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hey J can you pm me when you reg for apex so i can list you as my teammate? =P

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
J and pidge as Apex team-mates?

HYPE!!

I have some advice though!! Sincem my bro and i go as double lucas, this applies to Ness-Lucas as well, and you probs already know some of it but...

My suggestion is to have a few code-words that determine when you want to heal in a fussy situation:

"Short" is said by one person and they immkediately use PSI magnet while the other PKTs in to the magnet. obviously you'd magnet cancel and dair or SH PKF or something like that to cover the other person. :p

"Long" is more of a question. If the otherm person answers "yes" or "okay", you magnet while they direct a PKT or PK Freeze at you.

"Zap" is said by the person using the attack. What it means is 'this attack is being used to hit enemies but if you want to heal from it, you can grab it.'

Those are the basic three. Develop on them, if you want, decide against them if you prefer. :p

ALSO remember to use and abuse those grab combos. Ness grab while the Lucas Usmashes is super deadly. Be careful to space it so that you hit the person ness is holding and not the Ness himself! :p

Also Lucas/Ness or double Lucas Dtilt lock is incredible, totally recommend it if you have one person. Or you can just chain grabs. :ohwell:

Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mine was that he destroyed my brother and I in doubles friendlies. :p

That said my brother hasn't played in months so we'll just see... :evil:

*psychpsychpsych!*

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Mine was that he destroyed my brother and I in doubles friendlies. :p

That said my brother hasn't played in months so we'll just see... :evil:

*psychpsychpsych!*
I still have no fkn how Nido and I won that last game when he died with weegee so early and it was my Lucas vs both of yours...

Matter of fact, how did we still win with Nido SDing and hitting me?

lolbrawl.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i love siblings that play this game competitively

I got my little brother (as in 22 year old little brother) a wii + brawl + a GCC for christmas and tonight we were practicing, he actually really wants to get good at this. We've teamed before and it'd be fun to do it again. So awesome!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
There's a video (2 of them) of his hitboxes on youtube and I remember his frame data being around somewhere. Maybe a little clean-up to make it easier to understand?

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd forgotten for too long that Claus is just an anagram of Lucas. -_-

Lucas frame data is here somewhere. I know how to find it another way though:

1. Go to 'info' at the very top of the page and click on it
2. Go down to 'frame data for every character' or whatever it's called and click on it.
3. Find Lucas and click on the attached thread.

^_^

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's really interesting to note the effects of certain things on people. Just noticing it then, I wasn't bothered, in fact I laughed a little when I first saw you post that, and then if somebody who I thought was doing it because they genuinely didn't like me, i'd actually be annoyed at it.

Sorry, relevant themes, you saw the thread, blah blah you know what i'm talking about. :o

To be honest, I really am feeling a bit low by it. :c

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I hope you enjoyed it, I'm probably gonna get infracted for it but since it made you laugh it was worth it :)
Noooo, don't do that! Edit the post ryuka, the LAST thing I want is for you to get infracted. =(

And by the way, I meant the 'Luco sop posting' image. :p

I did smile at the post you're talking about but for other reasons, most notably that you were trying to cheer me up. ^_^

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Noooo, don't do that! Edit the post ryuka, the LAST thing I want is for you to get infracted. =(

And by the way, I meant the 'Luco sop posting' image. :p

I did smile at the post you're talking about but for other reasons, most notably that you were trying to cheer me up. ^_^
Its just an infraction lol.

And the coincident was funny lol.

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Ugh,I kinda have a problem,it's really stupid anyways,but I can't decide who is my main.
I really love Ness and Lucas,SSBB won't be the same for me without them,but I just can decide who is my main and who is the secondary.
Lucas was my main since I got the game,but I felt sorry for Ness and started maining him this year,but know I feel bad about Lucas.
In-game wise,I feel that I play better with Lucas (Ness seems to be a little more complex to use well) but with Ness I fell I'm better in some specific MUs (like Olimar,Olimar-Lucas is a pain in the butt to me).
When I start comparing the characters I feel when Lucas is bad at something Ness is good at that,and viceversa.So should I stay with Lucas and reserve Ness? plus I'm kinda recognized at being the only one who uses Lucas in tourneys (not to brag of anything I think I suck)

Thank you for reading this stupid rant.lol

Top Bottom