• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Don't worry mad duck, the solution is easy!

Co-mains!! ^_^

Basically, use them both equally (more or less) and you'll be fine. What I do is use Ness to 'test the water', then go on to Lucas if I feel he can handle the person better. Ness is a very close secondary/co-main for me. In any case, if you're focused on finding one main, you seem to be better with Lucas if what you're saying is true.

That means you can still use Ness as a secondary/co-main though. ^_^

Tikao

Smash Ace
Ugh,I kinda have a problem,it's really stupid anyways,but I can't decide who is my main.
I really love Ness and Lucas,SSBB won't be the same for me without them,but I just can decide who is my main and who is the secondary.
Lucas was my main since I got the game,but I felt sorry for Ness and started maining him this year,but know I feel bad about Lucas.
In-game wise,I feel that I play better with Lucas (Ness seems to be a little more complex to use well) but with Ness I fell I'm better in some specific MUs (like Olimar,Olimar-Lucas is a pain in the butt to me).
When I start comparing the characters I feel when Lucas is bad at something Ness is good at that,and viceversa.So should I stay with Lucas and reserve Ness? plus I'm kinda recognized at being the only one who uses Lucas in tourneys (not to brag of anything I think I suck)

Thank you for reading this stupid rant.lol
that's not stupid , i had exactly this question , too ... first maining Lucas , than feeling sorry for Ness ... and than feeling sorry for lucas xD ... why are there no pk-climbers D: , wanna use Ness and Lucas the the same time D: ... anyway , i decided to first main one of them (this was ness for me , because I'm an aerial-spammer :p ) , and when this main is good enough , just train the other PK-kid ... but i'll main both of them and pick Ness for some MUs and Lucas for some MUs ... it's like i'll pick Ness for Olimar , and Lucas for Falco etc.
... But i have a pocket mk against marf xD ... ok , i would first focus on one of them (seems to be Lucas for you , but that's your decision ) , and if he is good enough , train the other one (and the point of "good enough" isn't set)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I personally train my two at the same time. It's not too hard, really. Just pick Ness on a few matches when playing, pick Lucas on others.

Also, I recommend when not playing tourny matches, trying the MUs with both characters as much as you can: You might find you like the MU with one character when you didn't before because you now know the MU. I used to hate the ROB MU, now i'm actually pretty proficient at it and enjoy it with ness as well as with Lucas. (and I can see why Yink says this MU is a 0) Once you go to a tournament, then's the time to be picky but I totally recommend exploring all facets of an MU because our level of play is just scratching the surface: you can go very deep in to an MU and find out it's not so bad. ^_^

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
co-mains are awesome, I co-main zelda for all of jigglypuff's bad match-ups, you guys should try it it works

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dat Zelda... covering all of Jigglypuff's bad matchups!

Look! Jigglypuff's -4 against Meta Knight goes to only -4 when using Zelda~!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
got a problem with my strategy? $100 mm at apex come at me bro

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
So yeah I'm gonna enter Melee singles at Apex. It's gonna be my first melee tourney and I've never played any competitive players that aren't named CPUpichu21 but I think I got this.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
So yeah I'm gonna enter Melee singles at Apex. It's gonna be my first melee tourney and I've never played any competitive players that aren't named CPUpichu21 but I think I got this.
FAE just show off your tech skill and play IC's pls ty
But yes who do you main/enjoy playing as?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
FAE, loving the Lucas post-bit again. =D

Good luck in melee!! Supportin' ya all the way!

Hi Luco :) I still like using ZSS wayyy more than Lucas, but I'm kinda getting back into him and he's still my main doubles character

FAE just show off your tech skill and play IC's pls ty
But yes who do you main/enjoy playing as?
I kinda wanted to use Samus but my Marth's definately better. I kinda feel like Melee Marth is like Brawl Marth except easier to space with and combo with for obvious reasons. Idk then again I maybe way off cause like I said I don't really know the metagame so I'm just gonna have to adapt when I play or something.

I think there's gonna be a Melee tourney in St. Louis tomorrow afternoon and I might go to get a little bit of experience, or I might not go because if I get totally wrecked at that one my confidence is just gonna be destroyed for Apex :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think there's gonna be a Melee tourney in St. Louis tomorrow afternoon and I might go to get a little bit of experience, or I might not go because if I get totally wrecked at that one my confidence is just gonna be destroyed for Apex :(
Naww, don't see it like that. If you don't practice against other people, you're far more likely to go worse at Apex than if you did, win or lose. If you lose, just means you practice a little more for Apex, right? ^_^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Happy New Year Lucas boards! Sorry I am late but been busy. About to fly out to the East Coast to go to my hometown and also visit friends/get ready to drive up to Apex. Haven't played brawl seriously in soooooooo long. However, still going to try my best.

Me and Pidge are teammates in Apex. :D

I also need to finish organizing the Lucas vs. Ness crew battle.

Tikao

Smash Ace
we don't need THAT much editing ... sometimes , more is less http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjqAoStgzRQ
but , if we shouldn't find one , i could ask someone at my area , he made a lot of cv's for other people , he also owns the Livestream for every events in germany etc. ... so he knows how to edit something :p ... could ask him , when we already have some combo's , and more psi-kids :p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I think I have a few replays with some awesome moments. Like once I played against a G&W on wi-fi, but his bucket was full and I was doing a PKT, so he was about to hit me with it, but the tail hits him and stops the attack which pretty much saved my stock. :p
I was using Ness though. XP
In the same match I managed to Yo-yo spike him. Which made me love Yo-yos even more xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think I have a few replays with some awesome moments. Like once I played against a G&W on wi-fi, but his bucket was full and I was doing a PKT, so he was about to hit me with it, but the tail hits him and stops the attack which pretty much saved my stock. :p
I was using Ness though. XP
In the same match I managed to Yo-yo spike him. Which made me love Yo-yos even more xD
Hmm? PSI brothers video = Ness AND Lucas :-D

Yoyo spikes!?!??

officially interested:
Luco
PK Jibaku
Tikao
Ryukario
Yoshi8984

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to add some clips to this. I was thinking about making another combo vid but I don't play enough anymore to get enough clips to make a 5 min'ish cv. But I have about 2 mins of clips that I could add

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh that'd be awesome FAE! I think we can really get this going. :o

So the list now stands at:
Luco
PK Jibaku
Tikao
BC
Yoshi8984
FAE

Mad Duck

Smash Journeyman
Just came back from a tourney in a friend's house,I had a lot of fun and practice <3,though I need some tips in the MU vs Falco,also my fights were recorded.
The music was hacked too,very epic.....although Justin Bieber's Baby was playing in the Menu.......

Top Bottom