• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Kole

Smash Lord
Mekos is doing great right now at SKTAR :) He beat Pelca and Tyrant in bracket so far

edit: holy **** he just beat Glutonny!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Noooooooo! Mekos lost against Tyrant! Not good! D:

Also, nice work FAE, btw i have a question to ask you.

How exactly do you pull off the huge magnet pull after zap jump? I use a wii-chuk so if it can be done on that with normal controls then I am so on board. :-D

Also, what mekos is doing right now is showing everyone what Lucas can do. this is great. ^^

Kole

Smash Lord
Mekos is now out of the tournament, losing to Trela in Winners and Tyrant in Losers. He finished 9th place I believe.

Lucas for mid tier?! :)

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Tyrant knocked Mekos out of the tournament. :/

Mekos knocked Tyrant into losers, then lost to Tyrant in losers (after getting knocked into losers by Trela). Just got short of top 8.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww dang, so cloooooose. He almost had him that first game and that would have given him the grounds to push on. If you win the first game, you get a really good mindset against the other person. On the opposing side, if you lose you get demoralized. :(

Sooooo close to top 8. If he did it would've caused an uproar. Nah, I take that back. Where he placed he already has. :)

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
Beating Glutonny and Tyrant's really good. Really surprised me when that happened. Though I was sad that Glutonny got knocked out of losers so quickly, I wanted to see more of him...

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Woooooooooooooooot Go Trelaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha sorry Mekos but I'm a Lucario 1st ^_^

Luco the only way I can wavebounce after a zap jump is when I press the control stick, C stick and jump button at the same time to get the zap jump, I notice when using the control stick Lucas can wave bounce after the jump because he got a little push back.
I'm probs not much help since I B stick Lucas.

Well, that is how it works for me but you get what I'm trying to say?
You may need the use of both 2 sticks, but I could (most likely) be wrong.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say congrats to mekos for placing so well at a national level, The way you've pushed yourself with your character has been inspirational to low tier users everywhere and you have prooved that anything can be possible with a good mindset well done :).

I think by putting Lucas in mid would underate what has been quite an astonishing feat from a low tier, Lucas I still don't feel will ever be a true mid tier and whilst Mekos is doing so well it's because of the player not the character. Which is something most people on this site don't seem to understand..

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I would just like to say congrats to mekos for placing so well at a national level, The way you've pushed yourself with your character has been inspirational to low tier users everywhere and you have prooved that anything can be possible with a good mindset well done :).

I think by putting Lucas in mid would underate what has been quite an astonishing feat from a low tier, Lucas I still don't feel will ever be a true mid tier and whilst Mekos is doing so well it's because of the player not the character. Which is something most people on this site don't seem to understand..
Yeah, while this is true the general argument is that if one player can do it that still shows that the character is capable. Using a knife like a screwdriver might be a tad more impractical than the proper tool but if it works then people will use it.

Basically, while he is probably the best Lucas in America + PAL regions, it still shows that Lucas has some tools.

True though that mindset comes in to it immensely and that is player-based more than character based (unless you play G&W :p). Still...

But that doesn't stop me from being stunned at Mekos' achievement. Well done!

Jamwa

Smash Champion
that gif.
he looks so happy.
i cant stop smiling.
why have you done this.

and ssbb is all about the reads :D you can win with any character if you predict what the opponent is going to do

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Weeee! Btw FAE do you know if there's any way to get the magnet pull after doing a zap jump with a wii-chuk on normal controls? I wanna get the magnet pull but i can't seem to get a good boost. ><

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I tried it for about 15 mins and it only happened once. But I'd just go ahead and say that there's no way to get a good momentum push from it. With the Wiichuku it sends you straight up for some reason. I tried doing it after running and gaining momentum, and I tried to wavebounce the Zap Jump but neither of them gave the Zap Jump extra momentum.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks for all the love I saw guys!!

Sorry I couldn't beat Tyrant the second time. His playstyle is the gayest of all the top mks. He only camps. So u have to have the lead in order to win basically. I made one mistake in game 1 which cost me the game. And after he got the lead in game 2 I mentally broke... :(. I'll get him next time. We are 1-1 for now!

And omg! Guys I did not know Lucario had regrab gayness on us!! wth!! lol I was so stunned.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master

Marcus it's time. Time for us to get Top 2 at WHOBO. We got this.
I'm not going because prices went up and I would be be taking bus ride by myself for 30ish hours. Not fun and definitely not safe. :[
Marcus "I say I quit the game so I don't have to come to clowsui's tournament" Wilson

What a fgt.
Coney has been asking me to go, so i may go.

Sorry I couldn't beat Tyrant the second time. His playstyle is the gayest of all the top mks. He only camps. So u have to have the lead in order to win basically. I made one mistake in game 1 which cost me the game. And after he got the lead in game 2 I mentally broke... :(. I'll get him next time. We are 1-1 for now!

And omg! Guys I did not know Lucario had regrab gayness on us!! wth!! lol I was so stunned.
You did really well. My ONLY advice is to grab more, because a lot of people would just run up and shield at around 130% which could have been easy kills, but you have definitely improved tons and your patience astounds me.

And every character has regrab stuff on us beside the tether characters.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Yeah nice job Mekos. Keep it uppp

Also how much did the prices go up for WHOBO? I don't think my first payment went through (which was $99 for everything) so I might have to pay again.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea i here ya Pink Fresh. Just at that high level of play people don't die at around around 140%
They die at like 148-150% and up if they have mastered DI.

I tried grabbing as a mixup many times and got punished. Our grab is really slow and alot of people can react. I learned it is best to only go for 100% guaranteed grabs. Many people can grab us or attack us out of shield before we grab them, try to escape, or even attack. It's crazy and why those matches were mental battles. The commentators don't know state how during the match both players are learning habits and trying to get around the other players defenses.

For example, against my set against tyrant they were saying I needed to not stop doing so many dairs. Right after they said that I just happened to try and do it and Tyrant's quick fair beat it. Smash is so situational.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I just meant pivot grabbing shield approaches lol.

or landings.

It's not something to rely on or anything. Just another thing the opponent has to think about when they approach/land at higher%

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I've started to play Lucas a lot more lately than any other character I usually play. But at the same time, I don't think I am doing well, since I am clearly losing my matches. I know there are guides and whatnot but I wanted to hear from some awesome Lucas players themselves. I don't really have any questions now but I suppose Advice would be nice?

Maybe I'm doing this whole forum thing wrong. I am not really sure.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You're doing it right.

Keep PM'ing me for more questions of you feel uneasy about something, lol.
Or you can also PM/VM and ask others. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea I understand. I'll watch my matches and see if I can better utilize that some how.
I understand what you were saying though btw. I think if you'd have won the first game (dang it was so close!) you would've been able to push on and win in the second game but having a stock ahead is nowhere near as comforting as having a game ahead of you. Losing just makes you demoralized and sets you up badly for the next game. Which is why come-backs are so remarkable. In any case, if you're beating Gluttony and Tyrant I think you'll definitely have the skills to place top 8 at a future national. Along with Pink fresh picking things back up, you guys could really make a miracle outta this psychic kid. :D

I love how rejoiceful this thread is atm. This is so darn awesome. ^^

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Lucario 2gud.

Top Bottom