• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Jamwa

Smash Champion
He reflected me so many times, i had only played pit twice before that match and i died in a friendly absent mindedly launching myself into his shield -_-
but you know what, after watching your games i absorbed like 70% in one match, i just kept doing retreating SH Psi magnets >:D
in a match verse Jei (a really really good pit) he reflected me all my 3 stocks. Lucky i versed him before Invisi

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes well, my brother got around it by aiming his PKT2 so that he went upwards. If he got deflected it didn't really matter! I've been taking that approach now so invisi is going to have to get lucky if he wants to kill me that way anymore! ;)

And FAE is very good. Dunno if he's best player (cause I hear that Mekos is amazing) but he's definitely VERY good, someone that i'm glad uses (and therefore represents) Lucas and someone that I look up to in terms of skill and a place that I would like to be.

Which makes me think... Jamwa, Ryukario, my brother and I should get together at one point to practice using Lucas. I suspect if we played each other regularly it would help us all a lot as we'd be gaining experience together and learning from each other. So for you two, I go to boost tournaments in Sydney pretty regularly but that's about the extent I can do atm as i'm pretty young and can't afford to go to them more often with school and whatnot. Basically, if you want to meet up one time, those tournaments are your window. ^^

Jamwa

Smash Champion
When i finish school (im in yr 11) i might have more time to travel and stuff. It would be really cool, hopefully in the near future :)

Is low and vertical the best option when recovering when against pit? Discuss.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When i finish school (im in yr 11) i might have more time to travel and stuff. It would be really cool, hopefully in the near future :)

Well it's better than being deflected. But it doesn't have to be low. Lets say you recover from high up and you're at, hmm... 25%. You come back to then be hit out again by pit's Bair or Fair (common enough so that this isn't exactly theorycraft). Now if you get out of falling animation early enough i'm reasonably sure you're close enough to the stage to ropesnake. So there's a way of getting back with only one hit by pit. Dunno if that's the best way though, and if you're above, say, 50%, using ropesnake just isn't an option anymore.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I came here to say that I still believe FAE is the best Lucas player in existence.
Omg Dajay where have you been all these dajayless years

Try recovering high like Luco said (Zap jump, magnet pull, etc.) You can recover low and vertical, but just know that if Pit can get to you then you're dead. If he's anywhere close to you offstage, he can push you away from your PKT by using WoI or he can just cancel the PKT's head with WoI when it comes out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Maaaaan is that really Dajay?

Also I'm a Pink Fresh = best lucas but I'm biased haha. I like a lot of people's Lucas' like FAE's is just so much fun to watch. Nasty's got some cool stuff behind his Lucas. I love NL's Lucas and he helped me out a bit with some advice. And PF is just insanely good and made a lot of great headway for Lucas. Mekos I haven't seen too much of but I know that he is pretty damn good from what I remember.

Oh I'm going to be repping Lucas most likely at a tournament this weekend so we will see how that goes. Feeling more confident in him than my Peachy.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Which makes me think... Jamwa, Ryukario, my brother and I should get together at one point to practice using Lucas. I suspect if we played each other regularly it would help us all a lot as we'd be gaining experience together and learning from each other. So for you two, I go to boost tournaments in Sydney pretty regularly but that's about the extent I can do atm as i'm pretty young and can't afford to go to them more often with school and whatnot. Basically, if you want to meet up one time, those tournaments are your window. ^^
Once we train we strike the Sydney scene only to be stopped by Shayas marth, gg.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Those kills are fun. But Shaya destroys me when I go Lucas or Ness against him. I'm getting better though. ^^

I still wanna see you guys at a boost sooner or later! :p

I really want to get the pit matchup completely sorted out though.... Could someone do a post on the match-up in its entirety? Or did I miss it? I think... did someone already do a post on the whole thing?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
How many DK's know the Lucas MU other than Z, ->, Z, ->, Z, ->, Down C-Stick :p
but regardless it puts them under pressure, and we can just loop it back around
what do you mean pressing up? as in DI or teching the stage?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I see, when people recover though they usually aim towards the stage and not up/down.
this is sort of the same case when you press up a little bit when edge guarding olimar and you wont get stage spiked yeah?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmm, it's the on stage stuff that gets to me. I keep forgetting that I can force the approach and I now know how to punish dash attacks from him but still...

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Luco what i did was spam airdodge, then tether the ledge, or just absorb till you're low then jump>airddodge>tether to the ledge. or if you cant make the tether, maybe you could recover with PKT2 low. lucas has really good horizontal speed and a massive dj, so use it. also try to never DI towards the stage (if youre not going to die). they usually aim the arrow infront of you and it will just miss if you DI backwards and forwards. andso if he tries to come and gimp while you have a DJ, psi magnet so your direction is reversed and try for a rising bair. its usually safe as its not expected and sometimes you spike. Also use jab mixups against invisi, it really makes him annoyed >:D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco what i did was spam airdodge, then tether the ledge, or just absorb till you're low then jump>airddodge>tether to the ledge. or if you cant make the tether, maybe you could recover with PKT2 low. lucas has really good horizontal speed and a massive dj, so use it. also try to never DI towards the stage (if youre not going to die). they usually aim the arrow infront of you and it will just miss if you DI backwards and forwards. andso if he tries to come and gimp while you have a DJ, psi magnet so your direction is reversed and try for a rising bair. its usually safe as its not expected and sometimes you spike. Also use jab mixups against invisi, it really makes him annoyed >:D
Alright, that sounds pretty good. See, I looked at the pit matchup and what both sides can do. I then took that knowledge to the game and versed my brother (who sometimes uses pit, it seems to be the only strategy he can use where he sometimes wins). He used pit and we began battle. All through the battle I was spouting information on the matchup on what each of us could do in each situation, noting how each of us could force the other's approach and other stuff like that. I three stocked him that game... and the next one, and the next one and so on... He did take a life off me once or twice in those sets but I think I nullified his strategy and got more mindgamey. I don't notice him using arrows nearly as much now. In any case, i'm not sure if I won simply because I got better or because I was talking for most of the match and my brother can't really hold a conversation and play well at the same time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh you Lucas mains.

Where is Chuee at? I miss that guy.
We're amazing. :3

And chuee is.... indisposed, at the moment (quick guys, hide the body!!!). We got FAE though as a replacement buddy! (gogo FAE!!!)

But seriously, you're right, i'd like to see chuee back here at one point. ^^

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
I saw Nasty and Mekos listed in the pools for SKTAR. Hope things go well for them there.

And in doubles, since I know Mekos will be there. If Nasty's doing doubles as well, then here's to his success as well. o3o

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If Nasty and Mekos teamed up in doubles, or FAE and Nasty, or FAE and Mekos, or PF and Mekos, or PF and Nasty or PF and FAE teamed up in doubles... I can't even begin to imagine... :D

But yes, good luck guys! If only I lived in America. >:-(

Jimmy?

Smash Apprentice
I missed who knocked them out of Winners, but Mekos and ESAM unfortunately lost to RB and Tyrant. :/

It's too bad, Pikachu and Lucas are two of my favorite characters to watch, would've liked to see them go further than LQF, which where I think they got....

Oh, it was M2K and Trela that knocked them out of winners.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mekos is a great guy for Lucas doubles.

Speaking of which, tournament went really well today! Me and my partner got 2nd in doubles so we won some money which was nice. We went :lucas: and :ness2: which was fun!

Drowned in pools but still did really really well considering my pool. *It had my doubles partner it it! D: Sadness* but still had loads of fun. Got 3rd when the top two moved out, oh well haha.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nice J my brother and I have got 3rd in doubles, came REALLY close to getting second though. :p

Wow, Mekos and ESAM against M2k and Trela, i'd like to see this doubles match....

Top Bottom